Fantasy - Mard Geer VS Ajeel | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mard Geer VS Ajeel

• Total voters

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Ajeel
Sand Magic
Mard Geer
Thorn Curse
Momento Mori
Alegria
Black Curse(used against erza and minerva)
I Think Mard Geer will win in an extremely difficult fight as his Dea Yggdrasil was potential City Buster and He is more intelligent than Ajeel.Only because of DES They were able to defeat Mard Geer

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ajeel wins against Mard Geer. Reason? Well, first of all, this comparison is invalid because we are comparing two characters from two different timeskips. Yes, a year is not much but it can make a noticeable difference which is seen in the current feats against the Spriggans. The only way to make this fair is if we say Mard Geer trains during that year and ends up in the Alvarez Arc; however, that is unknown and we cannot assume anything because we don't know how much he'll actually train.

Anyways, it is true that Gray and Natsu defeated Mard Geer but just because Gray used Devil Slaying Magic against him, it doesn't mean you can say that that is the only reason they were able to beat him. Types of magic only gives the user a boost in a fight, but, if you are weak, it doesn't help. Take the case of the 7 dragon slayers. None of them can defeat a dragon because their strength is of no where near the power of the dragons based on their raw magic. Basically, Gray and Natsu together had the capability to take on Mard Geer. So far, it is evident that the Weakest Spriggan > Mard Geer.

Last edited:

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Could go either way.

Momento Mori is featless and that makes Mard Geer pretty weak offensively.

Vasgoko

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Mard Geer all the way...Of course, literally, Mard Geer is dead, but in terms of comparison, no doubt Ajeel would hold a candle to Mard Geer.

Mard Geer tops Ajeel in knowledge, maneuverability, strategy, tactic, logic, and even physical ability. The problem with Ajeel is that he is too narrow minded that it would backfire in a battle.

Mard Geer knows what to prioritize and how to counter if he needs to. Mard Geer is much more experienced when it comes to combat and battle.

Mard Geer was able to last quite well against IDeS Gray and DF Natsu at point blank. While Ajeel got his as* wiped by an Erza and a Jupiter Cannon.

Now give or take that Erza might be a bit stronger after the timeskip, but I'm sure that End of Tartaros Gray and End of Tartaros Natsu can defeat current Erza.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mard Geer all the way...Of course, literally, Mard Geer is dead, but in terms of comparison, no doubt Ajeel would hold a candle to Mard Geer.

Mard Geer tops Ajeel in knowledge, maneuverability, strategy, tactic, logic, and even physical ability. The problem with Ajeel is that he is too narrow minded that it would backfire in a battle.

Mard Geer knows what to prioritize and how to counter if he needs to. Mard Geer is much more experienced when it comes to combat and battle.

Mard Geer was able to last quite well against IDeS Gray and DF Natsu at point blank. While Ajeel got his as* wiped by an Erza and a Jupiter Cannon.

Now give or take that Erza might be a bit stronger after the timeskip, but I'm sure that End of Tartaros Gray and End of Tartaros Natsu can defeat current Erza.
You're lacking logic saying Mard Geer beats Ajeel. I stated that we can't compare Alvarez Ajeel to Alvarez Mard Geer because he doesn't exist in the current timeline. Therefore, that leaves Alvarez Ajeel vs. Tartaros Mard Geer. If you still think that Mard Geer beats Ajeel, I don't know where you have been.

Let me put this in perspective. When Natsu and Gray first met Brandish, they said she was way out of Ishgar's league. Now, note that Alvarez Gray and Natsu are not even comparable to themselves in Tartaros as they've gotten significantly stronger. By the way, this is not hype. We have seen some of Brandish's feats and it proves to be true. I can name the extent of her power solely using recent events that would show just how strong the Spriggans actually are. Then we have Gray and Natsu at full power in PRE-TIMESKIP defeating Mard Geer. Unless you are telling me Gray and Natsu got weaker, I don't see any evidence to support your belief.

I am appalled to see the downgrading of the Spriggans in recent posts. Everyone is downplaying them because of their love for their characters which is why I try to stay out of character comparisons now. I've always predicted even Fairy Tail's strongest will have a tough time 1v1 the Spriggans. Plus, it is the magnitude of the Spriggans' powers are shown in Erza vs. Ajeel. I don't know why most people disregard that plot, saying Erza is weak, or blame it on PoF...

Honestly, this is a pretty obvious match-up on who is stronger. This cannot go either way. In fact, it is one-sided and almost a fact that any one of the 12 Spriggans are stronger than any adversary of Fairy Tail besides Acnologia and Zeref.

Vasgoko

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
You're lacking logic saying Mard Geer beats Ajeel. I stated that we can't compare Alvarez Ajeel to Alvarez Mard Geer because he doesn't exist in the current timeline. Therefore, that leaves Alvarez Ajeel vs. Tartaros Mard Geer. If you still think that Mard Geer beats Ajeel, I don't know where you have been.

Let me put this in perspective. When Natsu and Gray first met Brandish, they said she was way out of Ishgar's league. Now, note that Alvarez Gray and Natsu are not even comparable to themselves in Tartaros as they've gotten significantly stronger. By the way, this is not hype. We have seen some of Brandish's feats and it proves to be true. I can name the extent of her power solely using recent events that would show just how strong the Spriggans actually are. Then we have Gray and Natsu at full power in PRE-TIMESKIP defeating Mard Geer. Unless you are telling me Gray and Natsu got weaker, I don't see any evidence to support your belief.

I am appalled to see the downgrading of the Spriggans in recent posts. Everyone is downplaying them because of their love for their characters which is why I try to stay out of character comparisons now. I've always predicted even Fairy Tail's strongest will have a tough time 1v1 the Spriggans. Plus, it is the magnitude of the Spriggans' powers are shown in Erza vs. Ajeel. I don't know why most people disregard that plot, saying Erza is weak, or blame it on PoF...

Honestly, this is a pretty obvious match-up on who is stronger. This cannot go either way. In fact, it is one-sided and almost a fact that any one of the 12 Spriggans are stronger than any adversary of Fairy Tail besides Acnologia and Zeref.

Well, except that Ajeel is like leagues below Brandish and the others. He has already lost one battle and the prologue of Alvarez Arc has just started. Don't blame me, I wasn't the one that lost to Erza and Jupiter 3 minutes into the fight.

I guess maybe I misunderstood the thread. I would like to ask the OP to clarify (if he/she is still active) if there are any restrictions, such as:

Time-based vs. Equal Comparison

If you are talking about Time-based, then Ajeel wins simply cuz Mard Geer has been dead for 1 full year while Ajeel is maintaining the top notch position of a Spriggan.

If you are talking about Equal Comparison (which I assumed), then it is assumed as if Mard Geer were still alive right now, which would result in Mard Geer's victory cuz Mard Geer has intelligence and battle combat experience that Ajeel could never reach in his lifetime.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, except that Ajeel is like leagues below Brandish and the others. He has already lost one battle and the prologue of Alvarez Arc has just started. Don't blame me, I wasn't the one that lost to Erza and Jupiter 3 minutes into the fight.

I guess maybe I misunderstood the thread. I would like to ask the OP to clarify (if he/she is still active) if there are any restrictions, such as:

If you are talking about Time-based, then Ajeel wins simply cuz Mard Geer has been dead for 1 full year while Ajeel is maintaining the top notch position of a Spriggan.

If you are talking about Equal Comparison (which I assumed), then it is assumed as if Mard Geer were still alive right now, which would result in Mard Geer's victory cuz Mard Geer has intelligence and battle combat experience that Ajeel could never reach in his lifetime.
How can you equally compare? Mard Geer is not even in the current timeline; therefore, you cannot compare but if you are forced to, you will have to compare Alvarez Ajeel vs. Tartaros Mard Geer. Otherwise, you cannot say anything about Mard Geer beating Ajeel because you can't predict how strong Mard Geer is in the Alvarez Arc. If so, tell me what character Jose Porla, Ikaruga, or Zancrow can be compared to as of Alvarez Arc. You can't because you wouldn't know how much they trained. Only Hiro Mashima knows and I can tell you those characters will probably never make an appearance again because they don't exist anymore.

Coné

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
We can compare characters from different timeskips since both have a reasonable amount of feats and scaling to back them up. There's no speculation here, just cold hard feats.

NOTE: This is just an analysis of feats. Hype-wise, Ajeel has this, but feats change this.

Analyzing Ajeel: He has 4 named attacks which are one small town buster (Ant Lion Pit), one town buster (Sands of Death), an attack that can potentially decapitate town level targets (Ramel Fa'as) and Ramel Sayf, which is almost featless. None of them can affect Mard due to their nature (Etherious Mard can fly and has more than enough reaction speed to dodge them) and their power.

Then Ajeel also lacks dehydration feats. His best dehydrating feat, and only one as far as I'm concerned, was dehydrating Gray's ice, which probably means that he can dehydrate Mard's thorns. However, his inability to affect Erza, a character with town+ durability, means that he won't affect Mard either. His only real chance would be by casting Sand World, which would grant him speed advantage, but that's it.

Ajeel's physical feats are restricted to being scaled to Erza - small town level - and being unable to tank MCB busting attacks, which would put him around MCB overall physically.

Analyzing Mard: His thorns and durability can be scaled to CSK, which would put his Etherious Form around City+ level in both durability and DC. However, his thorns are nullified by Ajeel's dehydration (except for Yggdrasil) and his intangibility, which also completely nullifies Mard's physical strength. On the other hand, Mard has HS+ speed, which puts him above Ajeel without Sand World and slightly below SW Ajeel. Furthermore, Mard also has Plutogrim, which is potentially City-level and might ignore intangibility, and Memento Mori, which is presumably City level via hax, but is featless, which makes it not applicable in this match-up.

Veredict: Mard wins high diff with Plutogrim, but without it, Ajeel will ignore all of Mard's attacks via durability. Seeing that Ajeel doesn't have anything that can damage Mard either, this will end up going by a stamina/MP duel, which I presume Mard wins. Wither Mard wins extreme diff or it's a draw.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
We can compare characters from different timeskips since both have a reasonable amount of feats and scaling to back them up. There's no speculation here, just cold hard feats.

NOTE: This is just an analysis of feats. Hype-wise, Ajeel has this, but feats change this.

Analyzing Ajeel: He has 4 named attacks which are one small town buster (Ant Lion Pit), one town buster (Sands of Death), an attack that can potentially decapitate town level targets (Ramel Fa'as) and Ramel Sayf, which is almost featless. None of them can affect Mard due to their nature (Etherious Mard can fly and has more than enough reaction speed to dodge them) and their power.

Then Ajeel also lacks dehydration feats. His best dehydrating feat, and only one as far as I'm concerned, was dehydrating Gray's ice, which probably means that he can dehydrate Mard's thorns. However, his inability to affect Erza, a character with town+ durability, means that he won't affect Mard either. His only real chance would be by casting Sand World, which would grant him speed advantage, but that's it.

Ajeel's physical feats are restricted to being scaled to Erza - small town level - and being unable to tank MCB busting attacks, which would put him around MCB overall physically.

Analyzing Mard: His thorns and durability can be scaled to CSK, which would put his Etherious Form around City+ level in both durability and DC. However, his thorns are nullified by Ajeel's dehydration (except for Yggdrasil) and his intangibility, which also completely nullifies Mard's physical strength. On the other hand, Mard has HS+ speed, which puts him above Ajeel without Sand World and slightly below SW Ajeel. Furthermore, Mard also has Plutogrim, which is potentially City-level and might ignore intangibility, and Memento Mori, which is presumably City level via hax, but is featless, which makes it not applicable in this match-up.

Veredict: Mard wins high diff with Plutogrim, but without it, Ajeel will ignore all of Mard's attacks via durability. Seeing that Ajeel doesn't have anything that can damage Mard either, this will end up going by a stamina/MP duel, which I presume Mard wins. Wither Mard wins extreme diff or it's a draw.
Really? You can compare characters from different timeskips? This is absurd. But since you say so, tell me if Alvarez Mard Geer would be stronger than Gray, Natsu, Laxus, Hyberion, Wolfheim, Brandish, and Ajeel? Post your comparisons and tell me from weakest to strongest the order in which you believe they should be in. Let me give you the quick answer. You can't, unless you tell me you're Hiro Mashima. In fact, tell me what rank Jose Porla would be if he were a wizard Saint right now. I know you can't because nobody can.

Anyways, the problem with your analysis is that you're naming the pros for Mard Geer and the cons for Ajeel. Ajeel's sand body has the capability to prove Mard Geer's attacks to be ineffective. He can dodge most of Mard Geer's attacks. Keep in mind that Erza had to think while being overwhelmed to EVEN MATCH Ajeel. Her attacks rendered useless but when she used water, it became effective because water binds sand whereas beforehand, her attacks went through his easily dispersive body of sand. Anyways, Ajeel's durability was portrayed to be extremely high as he tanked Nakagami Starlight + Jupiter Cannon. By the way, for those of you who think Erza's attack is weak, let me tell you that it is around the same level as a a dragon roar from Natsu in at least his Lightning Flame Mode or a regular attack in Dragon Force. If you think it is still weak, you're essentially saying Natsu is weak. Erza's Nakagami Starlight is very deadly and not some PoF feat.

By the way, tell me when Ajeel had the inability to affect Erza? From what I read, she was in severe pain, even close to death. So please, I don't need to repeat myself...

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Really? You can compare characters from different timeskips? This is absurd. But since you say so, tell me if Alvarez Mard Geer would be stronger than Gray, Natsu, Laxus, Hyberion, Wolfheim, Brandish, and Ajeel? Post your comparisons and tell me from weakest to strongest the order in which you believe they should be in. Let me give you the quick answer. You can't, unless you tell me you're Hiro Mashima. In fact, tell me what rank Jose Porla would be if he were a wizard Saint right now. I know you can't because nobody can.

Anyways, the problem with your analysis is that you're naming the pros for Mard Geer and the cons for Ajeel. Ajeel's sand body has the capability to prove Mard Geer's attacks to be ineffective. He can dodge most of Mard Geer's attacks. Keep in mind that Erza had to think while being overwhelmed to EVEN MATCH Ajeel. Her attacks rendered useless but when she used water, it became effective because water binds sand whereas beforehand, her attacks went through his easily dispersive body of sand. Anyways, Ajeel's durability was portrayed to be extremely high as he tanked Nakagami Starlight + Jupiter Cannon. By the way, for those of you who think Erza's attack is weak, let me tell you that it is around the same level as a a dragon roar from Natsu in at least his Lightning Flame Mode or a regular attack in Dragon Force. If you think it is still weak, you're essentially saying Natsu is weak. Erza's Nakagami Starlight is very deadly and not some PoF feat.

By the way, tell me when Ajeel had the inability to affect Erza? From what I read, she was in severe pain, even close to death. So please, I don't need to repeat myself...
Sure erza's attacks are strong.She forced Ajeel to use his ultimate attack Sand Storm.But don't compare erza's attacks to post time skip Natsu.Natsu has reached Epic Level.erza managed to hit Ajeel only because Ajeel was distracted by Natsu's punching of Bakyll.Before that Ajeel was dominating erza.Even after being hit by such an attack he proceeded to kill erza.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

There is no restriction.I am talking about what would have happened if Current Ajeel had faced Tartaros Mard Geer.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sure erza's attacks are strong.She forced Ajeel to use his ultimate attack Sand Storm.But don't compare erza's attacks to post time skip Natsu.Natsu has reached Epic Level.erza managed to hit Ajeel only because Ajeel was distracted by Natsu's punching of Bakyll.Before that Ajeel was dominating erza.Even after being hit by such an attack he proceeded to kill erza.
Yeah, she forced Ajeel to use his Sandstorm attack but Ajeel isn't weak either. Therefore, Erza is pretty strong for making Ajeel use that kind of attack even though she did get help from the Jupiter Cannon. I'm not sure if Natsu is epic level that you guys hype. To me, epic level is on the league of the dragons, Zeref, and Acnologia.

This is how I would think Natsu was fare against Ajeel:
  • Base Form = Loss [Medium Diffculty for Ajeel]
  • Lightning Flame Dragon Mode = Loss [High/Extreme Difficulty for Ajeel]
  • Dragon Force = Win [Medium Difficulty for Natsu]
  • E.N.D or Flame Dragon King Mode = Win [Easy Difficulty for Natsu]
Basically, as Natsu's power-up increases, his strength also increases greatly but he isn't strong enough to solo Ajeel with easy difficulty in his base form.

Last edited:

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Yeah, she forced Ajeel to use his Sandstorm attack but Ajeel isn't weak either. Therefore, Erza is pretty strong for making Ajeel use that kind of attack even though she did get help from the Jupiter Cannon. I'm not sure if Natsu is epic level that you guys hype. To me, epic level is on the league of the dragons, Zeref, and Acnologia.

This is how I would think Natsu was fare against Ajeel:
  • Base Form = Loss [Medium Diffculty for Ajeel]
  • Lightning Flame Dragon Mode = Loss [High/Extreme Difficulty for Ajeel]
  • Dragon Force = Win [Medium Difficulty for Natsu]
  • E.N.D or Flame Dragon King Mode = Win [Easy Difficulty for Natsu]
Basically, as Natsu's power-up increases, his strength also increases greatly but he isn't strong enough to solo Ajeel with easy difficulty in his base form.
I Will like to modify it a bit.
Base Form Natsu will win in a high difficulty.Natsu when he fought against Ajeel was holding back his True power.He later told this to Gajeel.In DF Natsu's Power increases 3X.In DF He will surpass laxus.Now compare Natsu and Erza's performance against Ajeel in Alvarez.You will find Natsu's Perfomance better than Erza even holding back his power.Natsu is now Spriggan Level.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
A tough choice. But I voted Ajeel. He is able to turn whatever he touches into sand easily

Vasgoko

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

There is no restriction.I am talking about what would have happened if Current Ajeel had faced Tartaros Mard Geer.[/QUOTE]

Yo natsulucy, thnx for replying man.

I apologize for my answer before. XXEliteXXAceXX is right.

I came back to hereby withdraw my vote on Mard Geer and instead cast it for Ajeel.

If it is true Current Ajeel vs Tartaros Mard Geer, then Current Ajeel wins simply cuz if time.

There is no way that Mard Geer could stand a chance against Ajeel at this point cuz all of the power gaps are just so big. Ajeel has had a major advantage and plenty of time to train while Tartaros Mard Geer is essentially stuck in a stasis.

However, just cuz Current Ajeel wins this, it doesn't mean that I take back what I said about Mard Geer being an overall better and superior Mage in terms of intelligence, knowledge, and battle combat experience.

Ajeel still won't hold a candle to Mard Geer in that respect even if Mard Geer's power has essentially been stuck in a 1 year stasis.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India

There is no restriction.I am talking about what would have happened if Current Ajeel had faced Tartaros Mard Geer.
Yo natsulucy, thnx for replying man.

I apologize for my answer before. XXEliteXXAceXX is right.

I came back to hereby withdraw my vote on Mard Geer and instead cast it for Ajeel.

If it is true Current Ajeel vs Tartaros Mard Geer, then Current Ajeel wins simply cuz if time.

There is no way that Mard Geer could stand a chance against Ajeel at this point cuz all of the power gaps are just so big. Ajeel has had a major advantage and plenty of time to train while Tartaros Mard Geer is essentially stuck in a stasis.

However, just cuz Current Ajeel wins this, it doesn't mean that I take back what I said about Mard Geer being an overall better and superior Mage in terms of intelligence, knowledge, and battle combat experience.

Ajeel still won't hold a candle to Mard Geer in that respect even if Mard Geer's power has essentially been stuck in a 1 year stasis.[/QUOTE]
But don't underestimate Mard Geer.gray can only defeat Mard Geer only because of his Ice Devil Slayer Magic.No Other Magic had effect on him.If Ajeel was a Demon and faced gray then he would have lost too.In my opinion he may be slightly stronger or equal to Ajeel.Oh yeah They felt Brandish's Power but it is shown impossible to sense Curse Power of Demons.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
But don't underestimate Mard Geer.gray can only defeat Mard Geer only because of his Ice Devil Slayer Magic.No Other Magic had effect on him.If Ajeel was a Demon and faced gray then he would have lost too.In my opinion he may be slightly stronger or equal to Ajeel.Oh yeah They felt Brandish's Power but it is shown impossible to sense Curse Power of Demons.
Yeah, I never underestimated Mard Geer. I don't know why people thought I did. In fact, I think of Mard Geer as a superior demon who is easily on the level of Gildarts IN Tartaros Arc. But to compare Ajeel and Mard Geer, I think Hiro Mashima made it clear that the Spriggans are the strongest enemies that Fairy Tail has ever met.

You're right that they could sense the Spriggans' power and not Mard Geer because of the Curse they use instead of Magic, but even DURING the fight with Mard Geer, they could still show some signs of concern regarding Mard Geer's power in which they have never experienced before. They did have a tough time defeating him in the end but they still thought that killing Mard Geer was manageable.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Yeah, I never underestimated Mard Geer. I don't know why people thought I did. In fact, I think of Mard Geer as a superior demon who is easily on the level of Gildarts IN Tartaros Arc. But to compare Ajeel and Mard Geer, I think Hiro Mashima made it clear that the Spriggans are the strongest enemies that Fairy Tail has ever met.

You're right that they could sense the Spriggans' power and not Mard Geer because of the Curse they use instead of Magic, but even DURING the fight with Mard Geer, they could still show some signs of concern regarding Mard Geer's power in which they have never experienced before. They did have a tough time defeating him in the end but they still thought that killing Mard Geer was manageable.
Was it true that Mard Geer healed his Injury in His Human Form.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Ajeel wins against Mard Geer. Reason? Well, first of all, this comparison is invalid because we are comparing two characters from two different timeskips. Yes, a year is not much but it can make a noticeable difference which is seen in the current feats against the Spriggans. The only way to make this fair is if we say Mard Geer trains during that year and ends up in the Alvarez Arc; however, that is unknown and we cannot assume anything because we don't know how much he'll actually train.

Anyways, it is true that Gray and Natsu defeated Mard Geer but just because Gray used Devil Slaying Magic against him, it doesn't mean you can say that that is the only reason they were able to beat him. Types of magic only gives the user a boost in a fight, but, if you are weak, it doesn't help. Take the case of the 7 dragon slayers. None of them can defeat a dragon because their strength is of no where near the power of the dragons based on their raw magic. Basically, Gray and Natsu together had the capability to take on Mard Geer. So far, it is evident that the Weakest Spriggan > Mard Geer.
I just came to read this thread so will make some points.

- You can compare two timeskips by simply comparing the feats. Hades and Mard Geer belong to different timeskips where FT got power-ups. You can compare Hades and Mard Geer based on their performances and feats. You can infer their speed, the power of their attacks, how durable they are etc. Thus you can compare. You can do this for Ajeel and Mard Geer too. Why do you feel you cannot, when you can clearly see feats?

- Mard is not the offensive powerhouse that Ajeel is. This is a fact as far as I am concerned. Where Mard stacks up is durability, endurance, speed, agility. To me this is NOT enough for EF Mard to beat Ajeel, it just makes Mard a tough person for Ajeel to beat. EF Mards offense is comparable to current Erza's as far as I am concerned (maybe even less) so he's going to struggle making damage unless he gets help like Erza.

- I do agree that Mard won't be stronger than any Spriggan and this is an estimation. BUT there is no evidence yet there is hype for most of them. This hype has been reliable so far but it is not evidence.

- As for Natsu I think his base form has feats to do serious damage to Ajeel, maybe even win. It's high diff either way. Dragon force should be stronger than anything related to Etherious imo given Dragons > Demons that's my opinion.

Coné

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal

You don't do it like that... It's Tartaros Mard vs Current Ajeel, of course. Even if Mard showed up again (which he won't), if he didn't battle, only Tartaros feats would be included in versus threads (same goes for people like Gray, who have virtually no current feats).

I literally named all of Ajeel's stats and you call them cons. I believe I mentioned intangibility several times, so I don't know what you're saying. He can dodge most of Mard's attacks with Sand Body, I never said otherwise.
Exactly, how is Ajeel's durability extremely high? First, he tanked neither Jupiter nor Nakagami Starlight. He was overwhelmed by both of them.
Let me tell you that Natsu is currently above Erza featwise. Nakagami Starlight is a haxed MCB buster and you call it deadly?

Ajeel's dehydration had little to no immediate effect on Erza. Exactly how is he dehydrating Mard? He isn't because his dehydration is nearly featless.

Last edited:

Vasgoko

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Was it true that Mard Geer healed his Injury in His Human Form.
I believe so, yes, if I remember correctly, I'm not 100% sure.
I just came to read this thread so will make some points.

- You can compare two timeskips by simply comparing the feats. Hades and Mard Geer belong to different timeskips where FT got power-ups. You can compare Hades and Mard Geer based on their performances and feats. You can infer their speed, the power of their attacks, how durable they are etc. Thus you can compare. You can do this for Ajeel and Mard Geer too. Why do you feel you cannot, when you can clearly see feats?

- Mard is not the offensive powerhouse that Ajeel is. This is a fact as far as I am concerned. Where Mard stacks up is durability, endurance, speed, agility. To me this is NOT enough for EF Mard to beat Ajeel, it just makes Mard a tough person for Ajeel to beat. EF Mards offense is comparable to current Erza's as far as I am concerned (maybe even less) so he's going to struggle making damage unless he gets help like Erza.

- I do agree that Mard won't be stronger than any Spriggan and this is an estimation. BUT there is no evidence yet there is hype for most of them. This hype has been reliable so far but it is not evidence.

- As for Natsu I think his base form has feats to do serious damage to Ajeel, maybe even win. It's high diff either way. Dragon force should be stronger than anything related to Etherious imo given Dragons > Demons that's my opinion.
I do agree that you can compare characters of 2 different timeskips, but what I think XXEliteXXAceXX meant was that it would be unfair to do so. But yeah, it's possible to compare post timeskip Gray with pre timeskip Makarov.