Mard Geer VS Ajeel


  • Total voters
    47

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Ok, so the calcs make too many assumptions to be considered 100% accurate, but that still doesn't take back the fact that the energy values are around those levels.
If you use melting instead of pulverization, the value still won't be above City level.
It doesn't matter if they have enough AoE to level a town. What matters the most is energy content. For example, Orga's lightning attack in the fight against Jura was Small Town level, but it didn't have anywhere near the AoE to destroy a town. Why? Because it had enough energy to bust a small town and that's what matters.
I didn't say it was as big as Magnolia. I said it was around the same size and that picture doesn't show me anything because Cube is far from Magnolia, thus Magnolia looks much bigger than the Cube.
Trying to calculate energy level off of melting point is silly to begin with. Even in real life, energy is lost in light, sound, and friction. An large part of an explosion is the kinetic shock-waves (sound). It's literally physically impossible for all the energy to be used exclusively for melting. Also, this is a work of fiction. Mashima's portrayal of physics isn't on point either. Saying that AoE doesn't matter is working backwards. AoE matters. It's not everything, but it matters a lot. If an attack blows up a city, and you calculate it to only having enough power to destroy a few streets...then the simple truth is that your calculation is wrong. Likewise, if an attack obviously only has the power to destroy a few small buildings, but you're trying to desperately prove it can level a city....well, who are you fooling with that? An attack that has enough energy to destroy a town, but can't really actually destroy a town...is an extremely energy inefficient attack.

Cube is above Magnoliga, but is on the same plane. It's not further in the background, and we're looking at it from the side. I can grant it being slightly larger due to foreshortening, but even then... Magnologia is still much larger.

Ikusatsunagi's slash is probably stronger than the demolition fist because DC =/= durability.
Natsu was able to shatter Ikusa-Tsunagi's sword as well, meaning he overpowered the magic within it. Either way, when the fist collides with any part of Ikusa-Tsunagi or his sword, it's going to shatter it. I don't see anything suggesting Ikusa-Tsunagi's slash would do the same or equal damage to Natsu.

CSK's durability is city level due to him being in the center of his wn attacks (Plutogrim's destruction) and Mard managed to damage him. This should say enough about Mard's thorns and they focus on speed, so if they're not moving, the energy content will be logically much lower, meaning that it shouldn't be that difficult for Sting and Rogue to cut through them if the thorns weren't moving. Besides, the attacks Mard used against the CSK aren't exactly the same he used against Sting, Rogue, Gray and Natsu. This should be enough proof that Mard can cast city level thorns.
What does that even mean? Being at the center of his attacks? Since when has a character's own attack ever hurt them? In that case, wouldn't Natsu have town-scale durability just because he would envelop himself with his own fire? He doesn't scratch himself with any of his own attacks. Would any attacks from fodders that give him the slightest of scratches be considered city-level? Nononono...

Sting and Rogue cut through the thorns as they were coming for Natsu. Can't I say Sting and Rogue's claws are city busters as well then? After-all, they can destroy the thorns and ended up fighting with Mard longer than CSK did. Mard actually used stronger thorns against Natsu and Gray than he did against CSK when he used his Etherious form. It didn't take much for Natsu and Gray to destroy those either. Do Natsu and Gray also get city-level with their basic punches because they scattered dea-ygdrissil?
 
Last edited:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I can't see the GCT (ground control point) I think that is meant to be the first image. This reference point needs to be accurate otherwise the rest of the calcs are massively flawed (GCT is 3px and the cathedral is 232.2 wide so error would be multiplied by about 70x just from one calc). Even the line drawn to get the 232.2px on the cathedral is not right should use a reference line on the drawing like the top balcony (just below the line used for calc).

You can just tell by the scientific figures in their calcs that the person doing it doesn't really care much for data accuracy. I am not going to fault their formulas and taking their word for pixel numbers but there is no concern for data. Also perspective of panel is not even considered though they are similar you need to account for perspective using trig to solve for that I assume but it wasn't done.

I believe I'm getting the hang of the 'logic' used to scale but it's not reliable to me, just as good as my eye-test. At the very least it is not scientifically reliable.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Using melting point is silly I do believe, basically you would make assumptions that all energy is conserved for rock melting, and also that the temp generated is above MP but is on the MP or just above or a lot above? MP for regolith and rocks vary because of mineralogy too so you'd have to acknowledge that too. Also have to make an assumption about air pressure. Probably others I can't think much about it I am not a materials expert, but at least you can say every assumption generates error (and likely a lot) and you add relative errors so resulting calc will have great errors.
 

Coné

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
218
Reaction score
141
Country
Portugal
Trying to calculate energy level off of melting point is silly to begin with. Even in real life, energy is lost in light, sound, and friction. An large part of an explosion is the kinetic shock-waves (sound). It's literally physically impossible for all the energy to be used exclusively for melting. Also, this is a work of fiction. Mashima's portrayal of physics isn't on point either.

It's a landscape. Cube is above Magnoliga, but is on the same plane. It's not further in the background, and we're looking at it from the side. It's as valid as bird's eye perspective.


Natsu was able to shatter Ikusa-Tsunagi's sword as well, meaning he overpowered the magic within it. Either way, when the fist collides with any part of Ikusa-Tsunagi or his sword, it's going to shatter it. I don't see anything suggesting Ikusa-Tsunagi's slash would do the same or equal damage to Natsu.


What does that even mean? Being at the center of his attacks?

Sting and Rogue cut through the thorns as they were coming for Natsu. Can't I say Sting and Rogue's claws are city busters as well then? After-all, they can destroy the thorns and ended up fighting with Mard longer than CSK did. Mard actually used STRONGER thorns against Natsu and Gray than he did against CSK when he used his Etherious form. It didn't take much for Natsu and Gray to destroy those either.

Please point towards one panel of Mard Geer's city level thorns.
Ok then, but at least we should get to an agreement that Mard's durability and physical stats are above Ajeel's.

Conceded on Ikusatsunagi point. Although I don't agree on you saying that Natsu has enough durability to tank Ikusatsunagi's slash.

He took his own attack because he went against Cube with his own body. Mard's mindset against Natsu, Sting and Rogue was clearly more casual than against CSK until a certain point. Besides, Sting and Rogue cutting through some thorns doesn't invalidate the point that Mard has the ability to cast City level thorns (lower the scale if you wish). Mard only casted one thorn attack against Natsu and Gray (Yggdrasil), which was destroyed through team work and Gray casting IM: Gungnir. All together, I don't see how that couldn't scale to at least Small City level.

Damaging the CSK is enough. He doesn't need to actually destroy a city to show city level thorns. Damaging a characters with City-level durability is enough.

I can't see the GCT (ground control point) I think that is meant to be the first image. This reference point needs to be accurate otherwise the rest of the calcs are massively flawed (GCT is 3px and the cathedral is 232.2 wide so error would be multiplied by about 70x just from one calc). Even the line drawn to get the 232.2px on the cathedral is not right should use a reference line on the drawing like the top balcony (just below the line used for calc).

You can just tell by the scientific figures in their calcs that the person doing it doesn't really care much for data accuracy. I am not going to fault their formulas and taking their word for pixel numbers but there is no concern for data. Also perspective of panel is not even considered though they are similar you need to account for perspective using trig to solve for that I assume but it wasn't done.

I believe I'm getting the hang of the 'logic' used to scale but it's not reliable to me, just as good as my eye-test. At the very least it is not scientifically reliable.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Using melting point is silly I do believe, basically you would make assumptions that all energy is conserved for rock melting, and also that the temp generated is above MP but is on the MP or just above or a lot above? MP for regolith and rocks vary because of mineralogy too so you'd have to acknowledge that too. Also have to make an assumption about air pressure. Probably others I can't think much about it I am not a materials expert, but at least you can say every assumption generates error (and likely a lot) and you add relative errors so resulting calc will have great errors.
Yeah, pixel scaling is not reliable and it's banned from various forums because of its inaccuracy, but I think this should at least give us an idea of the CSK's strength.

We still have the character cards (canon) Mard gave us and we could scale them to Kyouka and get similar results.

@Axiomus @Brandish Let's just agree that Mard's physical stats and DC are above Ajeel's.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
@Coné

I can give Mard physical stats, but would think Ajeel's Sand of Death is the most damaging. Featless? Yes it is. Like Momento Mori. I put them as pretty powerful spells though something like Fairy Glitter level just a guess.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I can grant Mard Geer better physical stats than Ajeel. In fact, I already grant Erza better physical stats than Ajeel, and I don't even rank her above Mard. However, Ajeel's strength lies in the fact he can basically neutralize stuff like CQC and speed with sand world. He can appear at any point in sand world, and the opponent is effectively smoke screened. In a fist-to-cuffs fight, without sand world, I can definitely see Mard kicking Ajeel around though.

Can Natsu tank the war-god's slash? No. I don't see him just standing there and taking an attack like that. In fact, I don't see him standing there and just taking attacks much weaker than that. Overpower the slash with an attack of his own is a different matter. He's not just coming in with his body's own resilience, but the force of demolition fist and all the power behind that.

This logic has to be applied equally throughout the board. Natsu obviously engulfs himself in the fire that melted the GMG stadium. He didn't scratch himself in the slightest there. Alvarez troops managed to scratch him. Does that mean those beams are large-building scale in damage? What about demolition fist? Pretty sure Natsu engulfed himself in the blast, and didn't get any scratches. Does that mean fodder cannons are stronger? Would they be town-scale? Plus, unless CSk slashed at himself inside the cube... why would we assume he got hit? Also, can't I say that anyone who tanked a hit from thorn brambles is city+ durability, because they didn't get pierced like CSK did? It just gets silly after a while.
 

Coné

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
218
Reaction score
141
Country
Portugal
@Coné

I can give Mard physical stats, but would think Ajeel's Sand of Death is the most damaging. Featless? Yes it is. Like Momento Mori. I put them as pretty powerful spells though something like Fairy Glitter level just a guess.
Sands of Death is probably as powerful as Yggdrasil, no more than that. Besides, EMG can easily dodge that.
I can grant Mard's durability being above Ajeel's. Probably speed as well (though it would be neutralized in sand world). CQC, I'm willing to give him the advantage there as well (again, sand world neutralizes).

Tank the slash? No. I don't see him just standing there and taking an attack like that. In fact, I don't see him standing there and just taking attacks much weaker than that. Overpower the slash with an attack of his own is a different matter. He's not just coming in with his body's own resilience, but the kinetic force of demolition fist and all the power behind that.
This logic has to be applied equally throughout the board. Natsu obviously engulfs himself in the fire that melted the GMG stadium. He didn't scratch himself in the slightest there. Alvarez troops managed to scratch him. Does that mean those beams are large-building scale in damage? What about demolition fist? Pretty sure Natsu engulfed himself in the blast, and didn't get any scratches. Does that mean fodder cannons are stronger? Would they be town-scale? Plus, unless CSk slashed at himself inside the cube... why would we assume he got hit? Also, can't I say that anyone who tanked a hit from thorn brambles is city+ durability, because they didn't get pierced like CSK did? It just gets silly after a while.
Sand World pretty much neutralizes everything, but don't forget that Mard can easily escape Sand World in just a few seconds. I've already said plenty of times that I think this will eventually go down as a stamina battle.

CSK was more damaged than Natsu, but ok. We won't apply scaling here, but using the character cards, which were given by Hiro, we can actually get some accurate stats for Mard which put him above anything Ajeel has ever shown us. I can link them if you want.
 

Vasgoko

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2015
Messages
266
Reaction score
63
Gender
Male
Country
Torumekian Empire
Memento Mori IS featless. Can you tell me exactly what it does or how it works? Can you tell me on who it works or its potency? No, you can't, because all we had was Mard stating it would do something and then seeing it fail. This means that it's featless. Until we see Memento Mori actually do something to anyone, it will remain restricted to versus thread.

Saying that it's one year later literally makes no sense. That's like saying that GMG Erza was stronger than Phantom Jose because Erza was 7 years ahead of Jose.
Memento Mori wipes existence of all life forms. It can work on anyone, anywhere, anytime. The only known counters are Ice Devil Slayers. It's all hax magic. It's essentially like Zeref's black aura except it erases existence instead of killing.

Your second paragraph is my point exactly.

GMG Erza was stronger than Phantom Jose cuz GMG Erza is 7 years later.

Alvarez Ajeel is stronger than Tartaros Mard Geer cuz Alvarez Ajeel is 1 year later.

Put Phantom Erza in and Phantom Jose >>> Phantom Erza.

Put Tartaros Ajeel in and Tartaros Mard Geer >>> Tartaros Ajeel.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Yggdrasil = Sands of Death for realz?

Makarov would probably be a little scared of Yggdrasil I guess.
 

Coné

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
218
Reaction score
141
Country
Portugal
Memento Mori wipes existence of all life forms. It can work on anyone, anywhere, anytime. The only known counters are Ice Devil Slayers. It's all hax magic. It's essentially like Zeref's black aura except it erases existence instead of killing.

Your second paragraph is my point exactly.

GMG Erza was stronger than Phantom Jose cuz GMG Erza is 7 years later.

Alvarez Ajeel is stronger than Tartaros Mard Geer cuz Alvarez Ajeel is 1 year later.

Put Phantom Erza in and Phantom Jose >>> Phantom Erza.

Put Tartaros Ajeel in and Tartaros Mard Geer >>> Tartaros Ajeel.
We're supposing that Mard's statement was accurate when all we saw was Gray denying it, thus denying Mard's statement. How are we supposed to know its counters and the way it works if all we saw from it was a failure? How can you justify that it will work against Ajeel if it failed against Gray and Natsu? This can't be justified, thus Memento Mori is featless.

What even? Jose is easily stronger than pre-SO Erza. GMG Erza isn't stronger than Jose because it's 7 years later. What kind of logic is that? You can't use time to justify power differences. You have to justify them with feats and scaling.
Yggdrasil = Sands of Death for realz?

Makarov would probably be a little scared of Yggdrasil I guess.
It's irrelevant, because its casting time sucks.
 

Vasgoko

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2015
Messages
266
Reaction score
63
Gender
Male
Country
Torumekian Empire
We're supposing that Mard's statement was accurate when all we saw was Gray denying it, thus denying Mard's statement. How are we supposed to know its counters and the way it works if all we saw from it was a failure? How can you justify that it will work against Ajeel if it failed against Gray and Natsu? This can't be justified, thus Memento Mori is featless.

What even? Jose is easily stronger than pre-SO Erza. GMG Erza isn't stronger than Jose because it's 7 years later. What kind of logic is that? You can't use time to justify power differences. You have to justify them with feats and scaling.

It's irrelevant, because its casting time sucks.

We know what counters and what doesn't because Mard Geer was surprised/forgot to find out Gray received Silver's power. Mard Geer must've known that Devil Slayers wouldn't be affected, but he didn't expect Gray to wield the same power. So when M2 failed, Mard Geer realized why it failed.

There is no reason for me to suspect that what Mard Geer said wasn't true:

- M2 dealt a lot of damage to the entire area, so alone, it must've been strong even if it didn't erase existence which I believe it does.

- Gray's body reacted to it and turned an eerie demonic black, which resulted in a counter.

- Both Natsu and Gray felt the magnitude of M2. If it had been a bluff, you would not see the alarmed look on Gray's face and Natsu's "Oh shit" face.


Your whole thing about Erza and Jose is off. You are talking about in general. I'm differentiating between a fair comparison battle and a power gauging battle
 
Last edited:

Coné

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
218
Reaction score
141
Country
Portugal
We know what counters and what doesn't because Mard Geer was surprised/forgot to find out Gray received Silver's power. Mard Geer must've known that Devil Slayers wouldn't be affected, but he didn't expect Gray to wield the same power. So when M2 failed, Mard Geer realized why it failed.

There is no reason for me to suspect that what Mard Geer said wasn't true:

- M2 dealt a lot of damage to the entire area, so alone, it must've been strong even if it didn't erase existence which I believe it does.

- Gray's body reacted to it and turned an eerie demonic black, which resulted in a counter.

- Both Natsu and Gray felt the magnitude of M2. If it had been a bluff, you would see the alarmed look on Gray's face and Natsu's "Oh shit" face.


Your whole thing about Erza and Jose is off. You are talking about in general. I'm differentiating between a fair comparison battle and a power gauging battle
Mard Geer knew that Gray had received IDSM as seen in chapter 408. He simply didn't know that it was a counter. Now, how can we actually say that it was an actual counter if we don't know how the magic works? As we are now, the best thing we can say is that it doesn't work on characters up to Gray's level, and as this falls under NLF, Ajeel won't be affected by it.

> That's AoE and the destruction caused is not enough to affect Ajeel.
> No reason to assume that it would have worked on any other character. Chances are the other character's body would have also created that eerie demonic black.
> Not a reason to assume that it would work on Ajeel.

The best we can say is that Memento Mori will cause Ajeel the same damage it caused Gray. However, as Memento Mori is a hax curse that ignores durability (according to Mard's statement), its damage can't be scaled to Ajeel, meaning that it's featless :3c


No, it's not off. You were arguing that current Ajeel was superior to Tartaros Mard because of the different timeskip and I gave you a counter-argument showing that that isn't a flawless case and that being like that, it can't be used in this discussion. There's absolutely no evidence that Ajeel has to be stronger than Mard just because of the timeskip difference.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It is speculation, because she doesn't have any new feats that put her on a better level. She got new armors and she expanded her arsenal, but this doesn't mean she got necessarily stronger, since these armors are used according to different scenarios. Hax is something deemed unfair or unexpectedly unfavorable. Erza vs Ajeel was clearly Erza using her armors to her favor, and not really a demonstration of power as Erza's hax is not applicable on powerscaling threads and her hax doesn't work on everyone, except for Nakagami Armor.


Durability is the ability to tank an attack. DC is destructive capacity or, simply put, attack potency. DC can be obtained when characters destroy things (buildings, mountains, towns, etc), with calcs (energy levels), which are sometimes unreliable, or via scaling. Durability is obtained when characters tank attacks with a certain amount of DC or via scaling (either with their physical feats or with other characters).
I know what hax, durability, and DC [From the Previous Posts] are but I was saying that they were overly used as we can't really put a value for each of them. Thanks for the meaning of HS. I assumed it was High Speed based on the context you used but I knew something was odd about it.

Town level is applied to attacks with enough energy to destroy towns and they use Kilotons as units IIRC. Same applies for City level and they use Megatons as units here. HS is hypersonic and it applies for all speed levels between Mach 5 and Mach 100. These are basic powerscaling notions. The calcs are not mine, they're on Naruto Forums. This is not real evidence nor is this accurate because it's calc stacking, but it gives us an idea of CSK's attack potency, even because it's solid City level. For the speed issue, CSK moved several miles in just a couple of seconds, that's already HS. Real life applications aren't 100% accurate, but they can be applies and downplaying the calc doesn't make the attack less of a City buster, as it destroyed Plutogrim.
I don't see how you can tell what is really Town Level and City Level. Looking at the panels I don't see how we can label an attack with Kilotonnes or Megatonnes unless you are leagues above me in observation and calculation.

Sands of Death was dispersed by a Small Town busting lightning bolt by Laxus. I'm giving Ajeel the benefit of doubt when I say Town level. Sand World is not an offensive technique, so that doesn't apply. It's a city-ranged technique which enhances speed and intangibility. How did Gray's magic not have any effect on Sand Golem? It froze the golem, so I don't see your point.
I agree on this point, but I don't see how an attack like Yggdrasil isn't stopping Sand Golem, which was frozen by a MCB buster.
I also agree that Memento Mori isn't affecting Ajeel, because it's featless, and this is why I think this wil go down as a stamina battle.
Yeah, the Gray's Ice Make: Silver froze the Sand Golem which you can say had an effect on it but I was talking about destruction wise like if the ice pierced its body. So that means that it had a lot of durability. The only problem I have with something being just frozen is that it does not kill the enemy unless Gray smashes it or something. We have seen opponents frozen but live like Deliora even though you can say he was dying, as well as the giants from Sun Village. Anyways, you say Mard Geer is faster in speed but I think Ajeel can also match him with Sand Golem as we saw it catching up to the Magic Vehicle powered by Erza's magic whom we should not take lightly. Sand World may not be an offensive technique but it is useful in counter-attacking Mard Geer from behind as seen with Erza. I would classify it as close to City Level but if you want it Town Level then so be it. Sands of Death seemed pretty strong but you're right that Laxus dispersed it; therefore, it is only hype. At the same time, Laxus is so strong at this point that he can probably slam Mard Geer.

How does Erza stomp CSK? Erza tanked Jupiter, but that's also something CSK can easily do because he has City level durability. And if Mard stalemated CSK, they can be scaled with each other.
Because you scaled Mard Geer to CSK in Tartaros Arc, I have no idea how strong CSK is in Alvarez so I'm going to take your word and compare Alvarez Erza to Tartaros CSK. Erza stomping Tartaros CSK was based on the fact that Erza has gotten significantly stronger and can take on Mard Geer in my book, who you keep scaling to CSK. CSK is overrated... He didn't surprise me even since the beginning. His feat of smashing through Plutogrim really doesn't tell anything of his power except that he is gigantic.

It's exactly as you read. Zero has enough feats to still be put above Erza, as he stalemated DF Natsu, and he has Genesis Zero, which ignores up to Town level durability.
I agree that Zero overwhelmed DF Natsu and that he can defeat Erza but this was all Pre-Timeskip so note that it should be Pre-Timeskip Erza. Current Alvarez Erza is on a whole different level now and would easily kill him.

Ajeel doesn't have any city busting feats, nor can he be scaled to characters with city busting feats. It's really that simple.
And Natsu is clearly above Erza, I don't see your point,
Had we seen Ajeel in the same timeframe as Mard Geer and CSK, I would agree that they would be way stronger than Ajeel had he not been able to perform such feats compared to them while showing that he is clearly below them in power. But that didn't happen, so I still don't buy it. I would say Erza at maximum power could rival Base Natsu but that is how I see it. We just won't agree. I believe Erza and Natsu were similar in power during the Tartaros Arc, so I can't imagine Natsu on a totally different level than Erza now unless he is in Dragon Force, Flame Dragon King Mode, or E.N.D.

Comparing Mard with CSK tells us that Mard is a city buster, which puts him above Ajeel.
You're failing the point of being stronger or winning in a versus match. Silver can probably win against Mard on a battle, but he's not stronger than Mard.
I don't deny that being stronger does not necessarily mean that they will win the battle but there is a certain limit in which you just can't beat your opponent like Acnologia. Of course, when two power levels are similar, the outcome depends on strategies/tactics, intel/intelligence, and other conditions like environment/terrain, weather, restrictions, etc. Silver winning against Mard Geer would be an overstatement. I'm not sure that Silver can even take on Base Mard Geer let alone Etherious Mard Geer.

Mard is clearly above Ajeel, the point is that he might not beat him due to Sand Body.


This wasn't even my discussion, but care to explain how Tartaros Natsu and Gray are as strong as Mard?
Tartaros Natsu and Gray are as strong as Mard Geer because they defeated him. No Nakama Power or PoF was involved so it was fair and square. But this is not Base Natsu and Gray. This is DF Natsu and DeS Gray both at full powre so Mard Geer is still strong. But Ajeel is still on a whole different level.

What? How can Jupiter Cannon obliterate Sting and Rogue when BoS Erza could defend against it and still defeat one of the Element 4 afterwards.
How will Nakagami Starlight almost kill CSK? Also, I don't see your point of saying that Mard died and Ajeel didn't. It's not a valid argument.
Sting and Rogue are shown to have low durability which is why I said Jupiter Cannon would destroy them. In GMG, they fared against Natsu and Gajeel well when they were the attacking side. You can clearly see that they went downhill fast after Natsu and Gajeel went on the offensive. Especially when Natsu used his finishing attack that knocked out both Sting and Rogue in one-hit. That was disappointing. Overall, the twin dragons are exceptional when it comes to attack power and magic capacity but they lack defense.

And how exactly is Tartaros Erza that different from Current Erza? How is Nakagami Starlight stronger than DF Natsu's strongest attack and how is Erza touching Mard when he's faster than both Gray and DF Natsu? And remember that she can't have a prolonged use of Nakagami Armor.
Tartaros Erza is different from Current Erza by using logic from how she fared against Kyōka compared to Ajeel. Nakagami Starlight is stronger than DF Natsu's strongest attack because this was DF Natsu in Tartaros compared to Alvarez Erza who should be significantly stronger at this point or she is useless against a Spriggan. This is why I don't like to compare specific abilities of characters. How can you really tell who is faster? They have different feats from different battles. Either way, Erza is faster than Gray and Natsu. So Mard Geer isn't that fast. Ajeel is faster than Erza. Therefore, Ajeel can match Mard Geer except his flying capability which can be countered in different ways.

I Remember Naruto Forum does pretty much accurate Calculations.They base it on Scientific Methods.They calculated Acnologia's Roar in Tenrou at 80 Megatonnes and Mother Glare's Roar in GMG to be 5 Megatonne.Note The Difference.Mard Geer could only be defeated by Ice Devil Slayer Magic and Through Combined Efforts with Natsu in a tag team battle with gray.In GMG Sting managed to hit Dragons but Jura failed.It is The same thing Slayer Advantage.
Really? From what I saw in the comments, they mess up a lot. If you understand it, please explain it to me. I have doubts about their how they came up with their calculations let alone their methods. If you want to post how they calculated the energy in Acnologia's Roar and Motherglare's Roar, I will look at it. Your statement that Mard Geer can only be defeated by Ice Devil Slayer Magic is false. I have explained this many times but I'll say it again. Slayer Magic only gives the user a better chance of affecting the target. In other words, it is more like a "boost" that is "super effective". Basically, anybody who can defeat Mard Geer is relatively the same power as him because in order for slayer magic to work, you need to be really close to the power of your opponent. This is shown in the Eclipse Arc like you mentioned, when dragon slayers really did no damage to dragons because the raw power of the dragons are way higher than the dragon slayers. Meanwhile, demons are weaker. Therefore, we saw Fairy Tail mages except Gray defeating the 9 Demon Gates who are are also demons without having an Devil Slaying Magic.
 
Last edited:

Vasgoko

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2015
Messages
266
Reaction score
63
Gender
Male
Country
Torumekian Empire
Mard Geer knew that Gray had received IDSM as seen in chapter 408. He simply didn't know that it was a counter. Now, how can we actually say that it was an actual counter if we don't know how the magic works? As we are now, the best thing we can say is that it doesn't work on characters up to Gray's level, and as this falls under NLF, Ajeel won't be affected by it.

> That's AoE and the destruction caused is not enough to affect Ajeel.
> No reason to assume that it would have worked on any other character. Chances are the other character's body would have also created that eerie demonic black.
> Not a reason to assume that it would work on Ajeel.

The best we can say is that Memento Mori will cause Ajeel the same damage it caused Gray. However, as Memento Mori is a hax curse that ignores durability (according to Mard's statement), its damage can't be scaled to Ajeel, meaning that it's featless :3c


No, it's not off. You were arguing that current Ajeel was superior to Tartaros Mard because of the different timeskip and I gave you a counter-argument showing that that isn't a flawless case and that being like that, it can't be used in this discussion. There's absolutely no evidence that Ajeel has to be stronger than Mard just because of the timeskip difference.

Memento Mori didn't cause any damage to Gray. It turned Gray's body into half demon as Gray explained in Avatar arc. Nobody else has demon properties, definitely not Ajeel.

M2 is not the same on everybody else as it was in Gray otherwise Natsu would have the same thing, which wasn't the case.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why should Starlight inflict high-extreme damage, just because she is stronger? Is her power output greater than DF Natsu?

Tartarus Erza is stronger than Tartarus Natsu (w/o DF) not by heaps but she'd win. But I don't see how this figures into the conversation. DF Natsu is the one who caused damage on Mard.
Well, based on logic, the magic power of the user is proportional to their abilities' strength. This makes sense. Not just in Fairy Tail but in real life. The more muscles a person has, the stronger his punches unless the person forcefully weakens it. I agree that Tartaros DF Natsu is stronger than Erza. But by how much? If she is stronger than him without DF, then that means when he is in Dragon Force, she can't be miles away. DeS Gray was comparable to DF Natsu in Tartaros makes senes that Erza also similar to Gray. Note that I said DeS Gray and DF Natsu are similar in Tartaros, not Alvarez. It looks like Alvarez Natsu is leagues above Gray when he is full power but that is pure speculation as we haven't seen Gray yet.

This is The Comparative Destructive Power of Fairytail Characters
Small town: 1 to 5 km
Large town: 5 to 10 km
Small city: 10+ km
Hill: Anything below 600 metres
Small mountain: Above 600 metres
Typical mountain: Above 2 km
Large mountain: Above 4 km

Energy content matters more than destroying stuff

Town level feats from Fairy Tail characters:
NOTE: Anything with energy equivalence of 4.184 Terajoules (i.e. 1 Kiloton) or more is considered small town level, 10+ Kilotons is Town level, 100+ Kilotons or more is large town level...

Small town level:
Erza's Armadura Fairy: 2 to 2.5 Kilotons
Erza Knightwalker's Ravelt: 2 to 2.5 Kilotons
Motherglare stomps: 2 to 3 Kilotons
Orga's Lightning God's Charged Particle Cannon: 3.43 Kilotons
(yes this attack had that much energy - you need at least 2 Kilotons to vaporize a building and Orga vaporized the entire top part of a large building)
Bluenote's sand crater: 7 to 8 Kilotons
Erza pierces through cube: 8 to 10 Kilotons

Town level:
Laxus disperses Ajeel's Sands of Death: 26 to 33 Kilotons

Large town level:
Jose and Makarov's clash creates dark clouds over a small area, small tsunamis and mild tremors: well into the triple digit Terajoules this one is...
Laxus's Thunder Palace: 93 to 125 Kilotons
Bluenote begins to crumble a hill: well into the triple digit Terajoules
Gildarts' Empyrean against Drum Bee: 260 Kilotons

City level feats from Fairy Tail characters:
NOTE: Anything with energy equivalence of 4.184 Petajoules (i.e. 1 Megaton) or more is city level...
Gildarts wrecks a small mountain: Haven't seen or done a calc yet but busting a small mountain such as that one takes the same amount of destructive capacity as busting a small city...
Natsu's Fire Dragon King's Roar: 0.6 to 1.2 Megatons (assuming pulverization)
Laxus's lightning dome against Ajeel: Lowest estimate is 2.7 Megatons
Jellal's Sema: 6+ Megatons
Motherglare's roar: 5 to 6 Megatons
Igneel's roar against Acnologia: no proper calc yet but it's easily city level in terms of energy output
Acnologia's roar on Tenrou: 80-100 Megatons (holy shit that's a lot of Megatons)
All these numbers are either pure speculation or calculated by users of other forums that shouldn't be taken as a fact. Unless they can show me how they calculated it and give me all their work, some of it has errors in it. Remember that even minimal errors in calculation can lead to a very incorrect answer. Also, because Hiro Mashima never approved of any of this, you can see that a lot of them are doubted by others because they outright "assumed" some things which also leads to inaccuracy.

isn't that a bit of speculation to compare what effects it would have on marde without any real basis for comparison.
Yes, I have speculation in my posts. But isn't comparing two characters from different timeskips also speculation as none of this has ever happened? Yes. These posts that say Mard Geer can match Ajeel because of CSK, Natsu, Gray, and Erza are also speculating.

By the way, my statement, As a character's grows stronger, so does their magic, is not speculation. That is a fact and I don't know why it is hard to understand. Just use real life applications and you'll get it. As your muscles grow, so does the power of your kicks + punches. Comparing how Erza fought Kyōka and Ajeel is not speculation either. These are accurately depicted feats that are canon which show Erza's improvement in power.
 
Last edited:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Well, based on logic, the the magic power of the user is proportional to their abilities strength. This makes sense. Not just in Fairy Tail but in real life. The more muscles a person has, the stronger his punches unless the person forcefully weakens it. I agree that Tartaros DF Natsu is stronger than Erza. But by how much? If she is stronger than him without DF, then that means when he is in Dragon Force, she can't be miles away. DeS Gray was comparable to DF Natsu in Tartaros makes senes that Erza also similar to Gray. Note that I said DeS Gray and DF Natsu are similar in Tartaros, not Alvarez. It looks like Alvarez Natsu is leagues above Gray when he is full power but that is pure speculation as we haven't seen Gray yet
I don't disagree that MP governs how strong people are. But DF is different in the sense that Natsu is now becoming like a dragon - his physiology changes.

Mard Geer (base with a book in hand = not serious) was much stronger than base Natsu, but when Natsu went DF he could overpower EF Mard Geer. So basically Natsu jumped a whole heap of tiers just by becoming more like a dragon. I have Mard above Alvarez-Erza, so DF Natsu would overpower Erza to a greater degree I'd say. Basically she has nothing to do but endure DF Natsu, and hope he runs out of power before she is beat.

DeS Gray has anti-demon magic that's it. Could beat Natsu because he is etherious. If we ignore the fact that Natsu is a demon, DF Natsu would stomp DeS Gray in Tartarus.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't disagree that MP governs how strong people are. But DF is different in the sense that Natsu is now becoming like a dragon - his physiology changes.

Mard Geer (base with a book in hand = not serious) was much stronger than base Natsu, but when Natsu went DF he could overpower EF Mard Geer. So basically Natsu jumped a whole heap of tiers just by becoming more like a dragon. I have Mard above Alvarez-Erza, so DF Natsu would overpower Erza to a greater degree I'd say. Basically she has nothing to do but endure DF Natsu, and hope he runs out of power before she is beat.

DeS Gray has anti-demon magic that's it. Could beat Natsu because he is etherious. If we ignore the fact that Natsu is a demon, DF Natsu would stomp DeS Gray in Tartarus.
Yeah, I agree that DF Natsu is stronger than Base Natsu by a great margin but although he overpowered EF Mard Geer, we didn't see him beat Mard Geer which is exactly my point. When other users said that Gray had an advantage in this battle, I agreed but I disagree when people say it is ONLY because of Devil Slaying Magic that he defeated Mard Geer. In order for Gray to even kill Mard Geer with DeS, he had to have the capability to overpower Mard Geer as well. Like you said, we saw Natsu do the same. This means that if Natsu had DeS, he could probably kill Mard Geer too. But this also means that Gray and Natsu are not too far apart.

If Natsu could 1v1 Mard Geer, I would say Mard Geer = Natsu. Again, Gray couldn't do this alone either so I wouldn't say Mard Geer = Gray. That is why I said Mard Geer = DeS Gray + DF Natsu.

If Erza is comparable to Gray which I believe she is, she would also be similar to Natsu. Of course DF Natsu is stronger, I won't dispute this. But saying that DF Natsu was a whole different tier is a little pushing it. Therefore, Natsu wasn't that much stronger than Erza.
 

Coné

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
218
Reaction score
141
Country
Portugal
I don't see how you can tell what is really Town Level and City Level. Looking at the panels I don't see how we can label an attack with Kilotonnes or Megatonnes unless you are leagues above me in observation and calculation.
Either you calculate the energy used or you just estimate the damage it might have caused. I initially based Mard's DC on comparing with CSK's feat, but as it was based on a calculation, it's not very reliable. We can use the character cards given by Mashima and compare Mard with Kyouka, who's scaled to Tartaros Erza.
Yeah, the Gray's Ice Make: Silver froze the Sand Golem which you can say had an effect on it but I was talking about destruction wise like if the ice pierced its body. So that means that it had a lot of durability. The only problem I have with something being just frozen is that it does not kill the enemy unless Gray smashes it or something. We have seen opponents frozen but live like Deliora even though you can say he was dying, as well as the giants from Sun Village. Anyways, you say Mard Geer is faster in speed but I think Ajeel can also match him with Sand Golem as we saw it catching up to the Magic Vehicle powered by Erza's magic whom we should not take lightly. Sand World may not be an offensive technique but it is useful in counter-attacking Mard Geer from behind as seen with Erza. I would classify it as close to City Level but if you want it Town Level then so be it. Sands of Death seemed pretty strong but you're right that Laxus dispersed it; therefore, it is only hype. At the same time, Laxus is so strong at this point that he can probably slam Mard Geer.
That very same Sand Golem was stopped by Gray, who has far less DC than Mard. Sand World gives Ajeel better speed than Mard; however, Mard can just escape from it in a matter of seconds. Even if Sands of Death has enough power to affect Mard, its casting time is far too slow and Mard can therefore dodge it easily.
Because you scaled Mard Geer to CSK in Tartaros Arc, I have no idea how strong CSK is in Alvarez so I'm going to take your word and compare Alvarez Erza to Tartaros CSK. Erza stomping Tartaros CSK was based on the fact that Erza has gotten significantly stronger and can take on Mard Geer in my book, who you keep scaling to CSK. CSK is overrated... He didn't surprise me even since the beginning. His feat of smashing through Plutogrim really doesn't tell anything of his power except that he is gigantic.
How can Current Erza defeat Mard again? She is inferior in almost all stats.
I agree that Zero overwhelmed DF Natsu and that he can defeat Erza but this was all Pre-Timeskip so note that it should be Pre-Timeskip Erza. Current Alvarez Erza is on a whole different level now and would easily kill him.
Why would Current Erza be on a whole different level? Their combat speed is comparable, Zero has great stamina and durability and he has a spell that ignores durability :cookiestare
Had we seen Ajeel in the same timeframe as Mard Geer and CSK, I would agree that they would be way stronger than Ajeel had he not been able to perform such feats compared to them while showing that he is clearly below them in power. But that didn't happen, so I still don't buy it. I would say Erza at maximum power could rival Base Natsu but that is how I see it. We just won't agree. I believe Erza and Natsu were similar in power during the Tartaros Arc, so I can't imagine Natsu on a totally different level than Erza now unless he is in Dragon Force, Flame Dragon King Mode, or E.N.D.
Erza at maximum power doesn't rival Base Natsu. Erza has already been brought to her limit and nothing she's done can be compared to Base Natsu's feats. Erza was on par with Natsu, but he's massively increased the power gap. Scaling Ajeel with Natsu isn't a chance here and arguing that it's a different timeframe is irrelevant.
I don't deny that being stronger does not necessarily mean that they will win the battle but there is a certain limit in which you just can't beat your opponent like Acnologia. Of course, when two power levels are similar, the outcome depends on strategies/tactics, intel/intelligence, and other conditions like environment/terrain, weather, restrictions, etc. Silver winning against Mard Geer would be an overstatement. I'm not sure that Silver can even take on Base Mard Geer let alone Etherious Mard Geer.
That was just a comparison to prove that Mard being stronger than Ajeel (which is the point we've been discussing about) doesn't mean that he'll beat him in a battle.
Tartaros Natsu and Gray are as strong as Mard Geer because they defeated him. No Nakama Power or PoF was involved so it was fair and square. But this is not Base Natsu and Gray. This is DF Natsu and DeS Gray both at full powre so Mard Geer is still strong. But Ajeel is still on a whole different level.
DF Natsu + DeS Gray > Mard Geer
Just with their strength alone, none of them is on Mard's level. They're clearly below and they only beat him because of teamwork. I can agree on Ajeel being stronger than Tartaros DF Natsu, but that doesn't mean that he's also stronger than Mard.
Tartaros Erza is different from Current Erza by using logic from how she fared against Kyōka compared to Ajeel. Nakagami Starlight is stronger than DF Natsu's strongest attack because this was DF Natsu in Tartaros compared to Alvarez Erza who should be significantly stronger at this point or she is useless against a Spriggan. This is why I don't like to compare specific abilities of characters. How can you really tell who is faster? They have different feats from different battles. Either way, Erza is faster than Gray and Natsu. So Mard Geer isn't that fast. Ajeel is faster than Erza. Therefore, Ajeel can match Mard Geer except his flying capability which can be countered in different ways.
Current Erza is only slightly above Tartaros Erza. That isn't logic, that's speculation. You can't just assume that she got stronger because it's been 1 year. There have to be feats to back up your point. Mard was faster than both DF Natsu and Gray, they could only touch him with teamwork. I can't really say that Erza is faster than DF Natsu, so that doesn't prove your point.



@Axiomus For our discussion above, I take Mard's thorns like I take a meteor. A meteor causes a lot of destruction when in movement, but when it's not in movement, it's easy to cut (easy as in, characters like Rogue and Sting can cut it). Same for Mard's thorns.
 
Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Either you calculate the energy used or you just estimate the damage it might have caused. I initially based Mard's DC on comparing with CSK's feat, but as it was based on a calculation, it's not very reliable. We can use the character cards given by Mashima and compare Mard with Kyouka, who's scaled to Tartaros Erza.
Using character cards from Hiro Mashima would probably be the most reliable information as well as feats and hype but our judgement based on feats and hype could be misinterpreted incorrectly and therefore skews the results. Anyways, given the information on those cards, I would say Mard Geer is about 2.5x stronger than Kyōka with the exception of their HP which is close to 4x. Overall, it would give us 2.5 x Mard Geer = Kyōka [>Erza]. So I would say that Erza needs to be 2x or 2.5x stronger than herself in Tartaros to compare with Mard Geer. If Hiro Mashima gave us the card for Ajeel, then this would be easier to compare. But since we don't have it, then it is debatable whether Erza improved by that much or not. However, I don't see how my comparison would be fallible in this matter.

That very same Sand Golem was stopped by Gray, who has far less DC than Mard. Sand World gives Ajeel better speed than Mard; however, Mard can just escape from it in a matter of seconds. Even if Sands of Death has enough power to affect Mard, its casting time is far too slow and Mard can therefore dodge it easily.
The Sand Golem was stopped by Gray but now we are comparing Alvarez DeS Gray which puts him at a different level too. We don't exactly know his capabilities at this point but it would definitely decrease the power range compared to himself when he faced Mard Geer back in the Tartaros Arc. I'm not sure how Mard Geer would escape Sand World merely because of its size but if you say so, then I will not disagree. Even if Sands of Death has a slow casting time, Ajeel can just blind Mard Geer with Sand World and use it afterwards in which it will hit Mard Geer unexpectedly without him knowing. He also has other types of magic but it may not affect him much so I won't get to deep into it.

How can Current Erza defeat Mard again? She is inferior in almost all stats.
I guess most people can't agree with my statement about Alvarez Erza vs. Tartaros Mard Geer but I'm still not changing my mind. I don't know any other way to explain it as I've used pretty much all the feats and hype possible. Until we see more from this Alvarez Arc, we just can't agree.

Why would Current Erza be on a whole different level? Their combat speed is comparable, Zero has great stamina and durability and he has a spell that ignores durability :cookiestare
Erza is definitely going to destroy Zero in my eyes. I don't exactly know how the fight would go down as Erza has plenty of armors and Zero has many attacks too but in my eyes there is no comparison. A Post-Timeskip S-Class Wizard of Fairy Tail vs. Pre-Timeskip Member of Oración Seis. Anyways, this can be discussed in a different thread if we want to dispute it all the way.

Erza at maximum power doesn't rival Base Natsu. Erza has already been brought to her limit and nothing she's done can be compared to Base Natsu's feats. Erza was on par with Natsu, but he's massively increased the power gap. Scaling Ajeel with Natsu isn't a chance here and arguing that it's a different timeframe is irrelevant.
Yeah, I agree that Erza was previously on par with Natsu and that he did indeed massively increase the power gap. But I wouldn't go as far as to say Erza is leagues behind Natsu because Erza herself increased her own power gap. I only see DF or Flame Dragon King Mode Natsu way higher than Erza as well as E.N.D. Otherwise, I think Erza has a chance against Natsu. Either way, if you agree with Mard Geer being about 2.5x stronger than Kyōka, then you can just substitute Mard Geer and Kyōka with Natsu/Gray along with Erza respectively. I'm pretty sure you can estimate the difference between Erza and Natsu once you take Gray out of the equation. Again, if we really want to argue about this, we should do it in another thread.

That was just a comparison to prove that Mard being stronger than Ajeel (which is the point we've been discussing about) doesn't mean that he'll beat him in a battle.
DF Natsu + DeS Gray > Mard Geer
Just with their strength alone, none of them is on Mard's level. They're clearly below and they only beat him because of teamwork. I can agree on Ajeel being stronger than Tartaros DF Natsu, but that doesn't mean that he's also stronger than Mard.
You're right that Natsu and Gray are not even close to beating Mard Geer on their own. But the fact that their teamwork beats Mard Geer means that their combined magic power capability to defeat Mard Geer exists.

Current Erza is only slightly above Tartaros Erza. That isn't logic, that's speculation. You can't just assume that she got stronger because it's been 1 year. There have to be feats to back up your point. Mard was faster than both DF Natsu and Gray, they could only touch him with teamwork. I can't really say that Erza is faster than DF Natsu, so that doesn't prove your point.
We'll see Erza's power more when she probably faces Dimaria. I still stand by my own argument and if you still disagree, I don't think I can explain any further.
 

Coné

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
218
Reaction score
141
Country
Portugal
Using character cards from Hiro Mashima would probably be the most reliable information as well as feats and hype but our judgement based on feats and hype could be misinterpreted incorrectly and therefore skews the results. Anyways, given the information on those cards, I would say Mard Geer is about 2.5x stronger than Kyōka with the exception of their HP which is close to 4x. Overall, it would give us 2.5 x Mard Geer = Kyōka [>Erza]. So I would say that Erza needs to be 2x or 2.5x stronger than herself in Tartaros to compare with Mard Geer. If Hiro Mashima gave us the card for Ajeel, then this would be easier to compare. But since we don't have it, then it is debatable whether Erza improved by that much or not. However, I don't see how my comparison would be fallible in this matter.
The argument you're using for Erza is simply that she's had one year to train and she fought Ajeel, which is a redundant speculative argument since what we're trying to find out is Ajeel's strength and we don't know exactly if she got stronger during that year. There's nothing that indicates that Current Erza could be that much stronger than Tartaros Erza, so I'd rather leave Current Erza just slightly above Tartaros Erza, which doesn't really tell us muc about Ajeel. However, I don't think Ajeel has feats that how that he's 2,5 times stronger than Kyouka.



The Sand Golem was stopped by Gray but now we are comparing Alvarez DeS Gray which puts him at a different level too. We don't exactly know his capabilities at this point but it would definitely decrease the power range compared to himself when he faced Mard Geer back in the Tartaros Arc. I'm not sure how Mard Geer would escape Sand World merely because of its size but if you say so, then I will not disagree. Even if Sands of Death has a slow casting time, Ajeel can just blind Mard Geer with Sand World and use it afterwards in which it will hit Mard Geer unexpectedly without him knowing. He also has other types of magic but it may not affect him much so I won't get to deep into it.
Current Gray is basically Tartaros Gray until he gets better feats. IM: Silver was something Gray did casually with a tornado in Tartaros, so I don't see why Mard wouldn't be able to destroy the Sand Golem.
Sand World has a range of about 5 to 7 km. Being a hypersonic character, Mard can escape from that in just a matter of seconds.
Due to Etherious Mard's aerial nature, Sands of Death will probably not even reach Mard.

I guess most people can't agree with my statement about Alvarez Erza vs. Tartaros Mard Geer but I'm still not changing my mind. I don't know any other way to explain it as I've used pretty much all the feats and hype possible. Until we see more from this Alvarez Arc, we just can't agree.
This is about now. I can't speculate about what Erza will do in 10 chapters, I have to judge her current feats and her current feats put her well below Tartaros Mard.


Erza is definitely going to destroy Zero in my eyes. I don't exactly know how the fight would go down as Erza has plenty of armors and Zero has many attacks too but in my eyes there is no comparison. A Post-Timeskip S-Class Wizard of Fairy Tail vs. Pre-Timeskip Member of Oración Seis. Anyways, this can be discussed in a different thread if we want to dispute it all the way.
Ok, let's leave it for another time.


Yeah, I agree that Erza was previously on par with Natsu and that he did indeed massively increase the power gap. But I wouldn't go as far as to say Erza is leagues behind Natsu because Erza herself increased her own power gap. I only see DF or Flame Dragon King Mode Natsu way higher than Erza as well as E.N.D. Otherwise, I think Erza has a chance against Natsu. Either way, if you agree with Mard Geer being about 2.5x stronger than Kyōka, then you can just substitute Mard Geer and Kyōka with Natsu/Gray along with Erza respectively. I'm pretty sure you can estimate the difference between Erza and Natsu once you take Gray out of the equation. Again, if we really want to argue about this, we should do it in another thread.
So you see Erza tanking city level roars? :cookiestare



You're right that Natsu and Gray are not even close to beating Mard Geer on their own. But the fact that their teamwork beats Mard Geer means that their combined magic power capability to defeat Mard Geer exists.
Irrelevant, because it still means that Mard > Gray/Natsu


We'll see Erza's power more when she probably faces Dimaria. I still stand by my own argument and if you still disagree, I don't think I can explain any further.
Probably, but as of now, Current Erza is barely above Tartaros Erza.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Yeah, I agree that DF Natsu is stronger than Base Natsu by a great margin but although he overpowered EF Mard Geer, we didn't see him beat Mard Geer which is exactly my point. When other users said that Gray had an advantage in this battle, I agreed but I disagree when people say it is ONLY because of Devil Slaying Magic that he defeated Mard Geer. In order for Gray to even kill Mard Geer with DeS, he had to have the capability to overpower Mard Geer as well. Like you said, we saw Natsu do the same. This means that if Natsu had DeS, he could probably kill Mard Geer too. But this also means that Gray and Natsu are not too far apart.

If Natsu could 1v1 Mard Geer, I would say Mard Geer = Natsu. Again, Gray couldn't do this alone either so I wouldn't say Mard Geer = Gray. That is why I said Mard Geer = DeS Gray + DF Natsu.

If Erza is comparable to Gray which I believe she is, she would also be similar to Natsu. Of course DF Natsu is stronger, I won't dispute this. But saying that DF Natsu was a whole different tier is a little pushing it. Therefore, Natsu wasn't that much stronger than Erza.
Just use a little foresight to how a EF Mard vs DF Natsu would pan out. Clearly DF Natsu is superior in physical stats and offense, but he just couldn't keep going for long. For that 10 seconds of DF, Natsu was superior.

Sure Gray is going to need power, but just look at the size of his ice attacks, how much MP would be needed? Not saying that size is everything, it isn't, but you don't get the overwhelming sense that Gray's DeS arrow was an MP sapping attack - the guy performed this in an exhausted state. I wouldn't be hanging my hat on Gray's DeS moves having heaps of MP on it, I would hang my hat on them being specifically designed to deal damage to demons, like kryptonite for superman. When you consider the quality of DeS magic and how effective it is against demons, you can see this is the most important aspect of Gray's DeS spell - not MP. So I disagree that Mard was overpowered by Gray. The anti-demon magic cut him.

As for Erza we can agree to disagree. I don't think she is on par with DF Natsu (Tartarus), she'd be dominated in the exchanges and would take more damage than Mard did.
 
Top