American Politics | Page 86 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
THE EXORCIST?!?!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, JESUS NEEDS TO SACRIFICE HIMSELF TO PROTECT THIS COUNTRY

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I'm probably going to write in Cthulhu tbh...

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
136 to go and bye bye sanders, these small state wins wont matter. (todays state only had 9 super delegates anyway)

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
136 to go and bye bye sanders, these small state wins wont matter. (todays state only had 9 super delegates anyway)
9 superdelegates? What? He won 43 delegates, Clinton won 37.

And besides, just look at that breakdown. Hillary is only winning because she commands 520 superdelegates. No one was going to be able to win over her without trouncing her in the primary elections. This is less of an indication of the support she has across the country and more of an indication that her nomination was bought and paid for by the DNC before the election cycle ever began. There is nothing democratic about this system, it's pure cronyism. I seriously doubt I'll be voting for her in November and I don't think I'll be Democrat anymore either. The party is crooked.
It's hilarious really. The Republican primary system is still many times more fair than the Democratic one. It's a shame that their party platform is so garbage.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Why do you think Sharkbait cares? Hasn't it been proven that majority of conservatives don't care about facts, that they believe blatant lies?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
9 superdelegates? What? He won 43 delegates, Clinton won 37.

And besides, just look at that breakdown. Hillary is only winning because she commands 520 superdelegates. No one was going to be able to win over her without trouncing her in the primary elections. This is less of an indication of the support she has across the country and more of an indication that her nomination was bought and paid for by the DNC before the election cycle ever began. There is nothing democratic about this system, it's pure cronyism. I seriously doubt I'll be voting for her in November and I don't think I'll be Democrat anymore either. The party is crooked.
It's hilarious really. The Republican primary system is still many times more fair than the Democratic one. It's a shame that their party platform is so garbage.
Is it really? The republican primaries seem to have numerous "winner take all/winner take most" type of primaries.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Why do you think Sharkbait cares? Hasn't it been proven that majority of conservatives don't care about facts, that they believe blatant lies?
What blatant lie from a politician have I believed? Everything I believe is supported by facts researched by reputable news sources.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Finally... A candidate of real change!

Like to see someone try and filibuster Cthulhu

Reactions: xi0

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
But even without super delegates, clinton would win.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
But even without super delegates, clinton would win.
I guess the question is how people would have voted if the superdelegates weren't a thing. She has had over 500 superdelegate votes since the start, such a thing can be seen as biasing the whole election for her. I am not sure if there is a way to know how the election would have turned up if superdelegates weren't a thing however as of now it is indeed the case that hillary has a significant superdelegate and delegate advantage.
Finally... A candidate of real change!

Like to see someone try and filibuster Cthulhu
Or cthulhu doing a filibuster... he'd just keep going until his opponents die of old age....

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I do not think people care all that much about the super delegates.
Sanders definitely had enough momentum to mobilize people who would like to see him as president.

In Obama's case, there were superdelegates switching in the end. This is unlikely to happen with sanders.

Don't get me wrong, i think that this is an unfair system. It is still more participation than in european states tho.
There, the party itself decides on a candidate with usually not much inner opposition. There is no extended voting process.

In the US case, if the people really want someone to run for office, then they have at least this possiblity to say that.
It would not have been farfetched to think superdelegates will switch if sanders had beat clinton by a significant margin in most states.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I'm probably going to write in Cthulhu tbh...
I hope you're not serious. That would be a wasted vote, but if you say that none of the 2 candidates represent you well enough than that's a shame.

Feels bad man. Well to be fair Hillary has more delegates even without the superdelegates(though they're a huge enough wall to prevent anyone from outright defeating her by delegate count alone), but indeed there is nothing democratic at all about the superdelegates.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kasich dropped out? Third Party run for the Establishment Republicans?

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nah he ain't running anything anymore afaik. It's all Trump and Clinton now.
I did not mean Kasich as the third party candidate, but that they will use the last resource to stop Trump and go third party via someone like Paul Ryan.

Hll

Reaction score
Country
India
So Trump finally won, I don't know what many may be feeling now, though I am looking forward to what kind of crap, Trump can pull out the thing he calls a mouth.

Anyways..what exactly, will the situation be like now? I think it goes without saying that the amount of people who Trump has alienated will hurt him somehow,how would he be stopped from entering the White House now?

Actually, how will he get elected in the first place, the delegate system is something I have not been able to wrap my head around.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I did not mean Kasich as the third party candidate, but that they will use the last resource to stop Trump and go third party via someone like Paul Ryan.
Oh sorry my bad, I read that as Cruz(since him dropping out was the big news as of late). Kasich isn't dropping out anytime soon I believe, but he's not gonna be stopping Trump from getting the required delegates. All he can do now is run 3rd party to be as damaging as possible, but Kasich doesn't even have that much of a support to be such a huge deal. Paul Ryan could possibly be 3rd party as well, still wondering if he'll do it or not. The strongest 3rd party would definitely be Bernie Sanders, which would highly mess up the democrat win chances.

As for the GOP using all resources to stop Trump.. I doubt it. IIRC the GOP chairman confirmed Trump is going to be the nominee and they want to unify themselves against Clinton.

EDIT: Okay never mind :XD Just read the news. Kasich is out. Not like he mattered anymore, but still nice to see the republicans are the first ones to get their nominee.

So Trump finally won, I don't know what many may be feeling now, though I am looking forward to what kind of crap, Trump can pull out the thing he calls a mouth.

Anyways..what exactly, will the situation be like now? I think it goes without saying that the amount of people who Trump has alienated will hurt him somehow,how would he be stopped from entering the White House now?

Actually, how will he get elected in the first place, the delegate system is something I have not been able to wrap my head around.
Lmao that first part is highly aggressive.

How he's getting elected? Majority of votes I'd assume. How he'll be stopped? If Clinton gets the majority of votes. If she doesn't then the majority of America simply wants Trump and they'll get it.
Has Trump alienated people? Probably, but so has Clinton. I know many Sanders supporters who aren't going to vote for her. It all depends now on how well the republican/democrat side can unify their voterbase(supporters of all the individual candidates, most notably the conservatives for Ted Cruz and the Sanders supporters) and make them vote for their nominee; who all the undecided people end up supporting, as well as the debates in the general election. I can hardly wait for the Trump-Clinton debates, I'd even pay to see them. We're in for quite the ride until November I'm sure, I doubt that Trump nor Clinton will disappoint, they'll try hard on their sides in order to win.
By the way, does anyone remember the days after Trump started running and after the first republican debate? People thought of him as a joke, many(not all tho) political analytical experts said he had no chance(shows how reliable their knowledge is) and he was severely underestimated by everyone.
And where are we now? With Trump's opponents all dropping out, and Trump becoming the republican nominee. Increasingly nervous people now repeat their mistakes as they say he has no chance in the general election, when it's clear he shouldn't be underestimated at all.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Is it really? The republican primaries seem to have numerous "winner take all/winner take most" type of primaries.
There are 700+ superdelegates that can vote however they please. Republicans only have 3 per state, and they typically vote for whoever won their state. With the Democrats, you had like 400+ that were pledged to Clinton over a year ago. That severely diminishes the value of the actual primary elections. This is the DNC saying they know better than the average citizen. There's nothing democratic about that.

Both primaries have a split between winner take all/winner takes most.

Why would Paul Ryan fuck himself over like that? He's the Speaker of the House.

Hll

Reaction score
Country
India
Oh sorry my bad, I read that as Cruz(since him dropping out was the big news as of late). Kasich isn't dropping out anytime soon I believe, but he's not gonna be stopping Trump from getting the required delegates. All he can do now is run 3rd party to be as damaging as possible, but Kasich doesn't even have that much of a support to be such a huge deal. Paul Ryan could possibly be 3rd party as well, still wondering if he'll do it or not. The strongest 3rd party would definitely be Bernie Sanders, which would highly mess up the democrat win chances.

As for the GOP using all resources to stop Trump.. I doubt it. IIRC the GOP chairman confirmed Trump is going to be the nominee and they want to unify themselves against Clinton.

EDIT: Okay never mind :XD Just read the news. Kasich is out. Not like he mattered anymore, but still nice to see the republicans are the first ones to get their nominee.

Lmao that first part is highly aggressive.

How he's getting elected? Majority of votes I'd assume. How he'll be stopped? If Clinton gets the majority of votes. If she doesn't then the majority of America simply wants Trump and they'll get it.
Has Trump alienated people? Probably, but so has Clinton. I know many Sanders supporters who aren't going to vote for her. It all depends now on how well the republican/democrat side can unify their voterbase(supporters of all the individual candidates, most notably the conservatives for Ted Cruz and the Sanders supporters) and make them vote for their nominee; who all the undecided people end up supporting, as well as the debates in the general election. I can hardly wait for the Trump-Clinton debates, I'd even pay to see them. We're in for quite the ride until November I'm sure, I doubt that Trump nor Clinton will disappoint, they'll try hard on their sides in order to win.
By the way, does anyone remember the days after Trump started running and after the first republican debate? People thought of him as a joke, many(not all tho) political analytical experts said he had no chance(shows how reliable their knowledge is) and he was severely underestimated by everyone.
And where are we now? With Trump's opponents all dropping out, and Trump becoming the republican nominee. Increasingly nervous people now repeat their mistakes as they say he has no chance in the general election, when it's clear he shouldn't be underestimated at all.
Completely agree on this, I am even clearing my schedule when the debates start.
I am not aware of how the delegates fit into all this, one show that sought to point out the flaws in the electoral system, mentioned how the votes of many of the people are just suggestions, and it is a bunch of people comprising the 'electoral college' who get to decide the president, I think George W Bush got elected this way.
And he has alienated a lot of people, his recent nickname for Hillary(Crooked Hillary:XD), he basically implied that most of her woman supporters can't see beyond their gender, I don't think anyone would like to have their intelligence questioned.

Hillary has some mud under her feet and some skeletons in her closet, but Trump is a walking controversey and she already knows how to use his bullshit to her advantage.
And I completely agree on the pundits being 'trustworthy'

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
There are 700+ superdelegates that can vote however they please. Republicans only have 3 per state, and they typically vote for whoever won their state. With the Democrats, you had like 400+ that were pledged to Clinton over a year ago. That severely diminishes the value of the actual primary elections. This is the DNC saying they know better than the average citizen. There's nothing democratic about that.

Both primaries have a split between winner take all/winner takes most.

Why would Paul Ryan fuck himself over like that? He's the Speaker of the House.
Just throwing a name out there, even tho Ryan did dismiss that, but the talk was big, also why wouldn't the Republicans consider this? They might...due to the fact that the contested convention scenario is down in the dumpster now. The RNC Chairman announced that they should come together....but I just do not trust the GOP Establishment to back off so easily. What do you think they will do?