Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I will be optimistic: december 2016
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,407
Country
Torumekian Empire
I'd say october 2016. *cross fingers*
 

mangah

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2015
Messages
412
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
Iran
Yep. He did in eleven chapters what would've taken Kubo like 40 chapters to do and it wouldn't of been that good either. Chrollo vs Hisoka volume was awesome af. I really wish I read it all from start to finish instead of weekly. Oh well lol

Let's make some legit predictions for the newest chapter.

January 2017 for me
you mean 120 chapter !?

maybe he should write most of his manga and just use drawing for fights !?
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well the good thing is that i can be sure that togashi a) intends to finish the story and b) does not want to rush the ending in the slightest.

He had any option to leave the manga be after the chimera ant arc with the anime ending.
After that, he had the option to let the DC arc be rather small. He could have just focussed on ging trying to get there.
He could have ditched the jairo plot, focus on some zodiac vs pariston action regarding the chimera ants (just connect ging going to the new world with him helping to stop pariston and you're good).
He would just have had to do that and connect hisoka's ramapge vs the spiders with a kurapika+leorio plotline.
Then most loose treads are stuffed. Not all of them, not really imaginative or beautifully, but it would be a decent manga ending for a person who has trouble drawing and cannot release a lot per year and just wants to stop.

Togashi didnt do that however, and even in the serialization phase wher ehe had to stop due to immense back pain, he included more and more characters, set up the boat arc, included the princes, included the organization which is supposed to keep explorer's from the DC and so on.

In the latest serialization phase, he could have ditched the spider plotline. If he was afraid of not being able to finish, he coul dhave just let the spiders and hisoka be and MAYBE give fanservice later in form of the spiders vs the ants (for example, the last remaining spiders fighting hisoka in an all out match while we are just informed about the deaths of some of them).
Again, that wouldnt be that good, but it would be acceptable for a mangaka who wants to end his work.
I have seen worse stuff going on with ending mangas (gantz anyone?).

But once again he did not do that. He has more characters to work with than ever and more plotlines going on than a reasonable persone, leave alone in his condition, would include.

And by doing that, in my opinion, he affirms that he has a plan on how to end th emanga in his lifetime.
It might aswell take 20 more years with him being forced to only release 5 chapters per year or something, but i am quite convinced that togashi is rather determined.
 

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
At some point Togashi said that there where at least 4 arcs more to finish, that was at the time of CA, iirc
Nanika/election, that's one, Boat/DC another one or maybe they're 2, so after DC we have 2 arcs left?
We're so close I don't even want to think about it T_T
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,417
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't see how we are close to the end. Things are just getting started with the Dark Continent.

I took the hiatus rather well this time. The previous times it was always breaking my heart but when I learned about it I thought "Oh, another hiatus :oh". Of course I would prefer him to continue but it doesn't affect me as much as before.

EDIT: Bleach will end in September apparently, maybe he will come back after that?
 
Last edited:

Senju

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2012
Messages
195
Reaction score
67
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I was a bit disapointed that another hiatus is here already, I was trying to be optimistic thinking that if he created weekly chapters or whatever, we would see the anime return next year, but I guess it will be a while before it happens
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,417
Gender
Male
Country
France
Togashi... :biblethump

Glad that they gave us a reason.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That is really unfortunate :(
I hope it wont be as bad as last time and he will get well soon.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I would phrase it like that: We got enough to know why we were waiting in the first place again :p
 

Chainuser

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2016
Messages
19
Reaction score
18
Age
43
Country
United States
He needs to hire someone to help him. I mean if after two years of resting and his back is still bothering him after 3 months back at work then it's not going to change. Ive never had back surgery but I know back pains are nothing to play with.
 

Phantron

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
797
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I remember reading Togashi has no assistants and that's never made any sense to me given his history. I understand an artist wants to do everything themselves but he's obviously not in shape for the workload for a long time.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Togashi's conviction is strong on that one.
He would rather not finish HxH at all or rush the ending than finish it with help of others.
I can understand that tbh.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,538
Reaction score
21,807
Gender
Female
Country
China
yeah its his product and has every right to produce it in whatever way he sees fit
 

Captain Harlock

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 5, 2016
Messages
12
Reaction score
8
Country
Imperium of Mankind
He needs to hire someone to help him. I mean if after two years of resting and his back is still bothering him after 3 months back at work then it's not going to change. Ive never had back surgery but I know back pains are nothing to play with.
I remember reading Togashi has no assistants and that's never made any sense to me given his history. I understand an artist wants to do everything themselves but he's obviously not in shape for the workload for a long time.
It's his principle after YYH debacle. He either does it his way or no way.
 
Last edited:

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I actually think we would get less HxH if togashi got help, or at least lower quality.

when togashi does HxH, he is highly involved because there is noone else evolved. he does everything he has to think about everything.
It is his completely.

If he had an assistant who just demands some story progressions from togashi every few month, i think togashi would get frustrated with it pretty soon and just give him some poorly developed stuff because he lost his excitement.
Or not work at all and give HxH away completely.
I think the only reason the man with all his back pain is still doing his best to dish out quality chapters ie because HxH is his baby not not 'corrupted' by anyone else.
 

Terahawk

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 19, 2016
Messages
251
Reaction score
81
Age
41
Country
United States
I actually think we would get less HxH if togashi got help, or at least lower quality.

when togashi does HxH, he is highly involved because there is noone else evolved. he does everything he has to think about everything.
It is his completely.

If he had an assistant who just demands some story progressions from togashi every few month, i think togashi would get frustrated with it pretty soon and just give him some poorly developed stuff because he lost his excitement.
Or not work at all and give HxH away completely.
I think the only reason the man with all his back pain is still doing his best to dish out quality chapters ie because HxH is his baby not not 'corrupted' by anyone else.
I don't know if the rumor was actually true, but Togashi supposedly let his wife draw some of the artwork for the latest 10 chapters.

I know he's very protective of how things are done, but if he was willing to trust his wife with the artwork, I'm sure they could work through things together.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,417
Gender
Male
Country
France
No... I don't want HxH not drawn by Togashi. She probably helps for certain things like an assistant but I don't think she draws the characters.
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't know if the rumor was actually true, but Togashi supposedly let his wife draw some of the artwork for the latest 10 chapters.

I know he's very protective of how things are done, but if he was willing to trust his wife with the artwork, I'm sure they could work through things together.
Not that big of a deal

She is a pro mangaka, a legend actually

I dont see why some people would be bothered by this
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
at least they gave us a timetable
 
Top