A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
How was your vacation?
Fine I would say. Not amazing, but we did have nice warm weather (which was both nice and weird xD). Sometimes the family was fun, sometimes annoying :XD I could have done without this "vacation" tbh, but it wasn't bad.

Again Happy New Year to you my dear Sky-bro :hug I hope you had a fun Christmas and New Years Eve?

Wow there's so much hype around Fate: Zero and Fate: Stay Night that I might just have to watch it :hmm
@niichan @DiMaria Yesta what are its good points?
I'm surprised you've not seen Fate/Zero at least, that's very rare these days :XD I think I've been asked about the franchise so often that I don't really feel like making a detailed explanation again, probably should've saved one of those long posts I made lol.

I think action often speaks more than words anyway, so if you want to get a taste of what you can expect, watch this great AMV I always like to share ;)


Depending on how much you loathe spoilers you don't have to watch it all, but I don't think it spoils anything important. I think Saber being Arthur should be an open secret at this point :p

Besides that, in a most ideal case, you wouldn't start with Fate/Zero but the Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel, because Zero is a prequel and hence obviously spoils plot ploints for Stay Night. The UBW anime is just one part of the Visual Novel too, so while it's a good adaptation it's not exactly ideal either. You should in no way touch Studio DEEN's Stay Night anime or the UBW movie, they're mostly horrible.

Now it's getting long again :kappa Basically there are two ways to approach this.

Easy One: Fate/Zero (anime) -> Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (anime by ufotable) -> Fate/Stay Night: Heavens Feel (3 movies, with the first being released this year). Extra Stuff: Fate/Kaleid Liner (anime, if you can deal with lolis :p), Fate/Grand Order (TV Special)

Best One (but not as accessible): Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel (Three routes: Fate/UBW/Heavens Feel) -> Fate/Zero (Light Novel/anime) -> Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Visual Novel. Extra Stuff: Besides what I mentioned above: Fate/Extra (game), Fate/Kaleid Liner manga, Fate/Apocrypha (Light Novel or the manga that started a few months ago, had an anime announcement yesterday), Fate/Strange Fake (Light Novel/manga). Carnival Phantasm (anime, but not recommended if you haven't read the Tsukihime Visual Novel, bc it combines the whole Type Moon franchise). There is more actually, but what's left is only for the biggest of fans or those who have a good understanding of the japanese language.
If you want to get an idea about the scope of this franchise:


I wouldn't watch the last minute though, as there are heavy spoilers in there.

Personally I started with the Fate/Zero anime and then read the Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel bc I enjoyed the Zero anime a damn lot. From there I slowly turned into the Type Moonie I am today, or what Sky likes to call me, a Fatetaku :kappa I've basically read or played 90% of what's available in English xD

(yes, I really did try to keep this short... should save this post now x'D)

oh and Happy New Year WYIS, almost forgot :D

Amen



For starter you can watch F/Zero and F/SN Unlimited Blade Works anime by ufotable to get the feels. Further information you can ask nii who is a Fate fanboy. More experienced than me :blush
They announced a new interlude yesterday, leading to Part 2 of the story.... so this was just the end of Part 1 :oh No localization anytime soon I guess, considering that the original creator doesn't really give a single fuck about the Western Fanbase lol.

btw, Happy New Year to you Ahmad :) <3

Happy New Year Nii!
Thanks Holt! I wish you a Happy New Year too :hi5 How did your exams go?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Have you watched First Order nii?
Not yet Ahmad, but soon I hope :D
 
Last edited:

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Oh right, almost forgot!
Happy New Year Nii! :blush
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
A littlle late due to the party (and sickness) , but Happy New Year niichan:celebrate
Wow there's so much hype around Fate: Zero and Fate: Stay Night that I might just have to watch it :hmm
@niichan @DiMaria Yesta what are its good points?
Begin to watch the Ufotable version to get a preview like the guys said, then watch the new version
Like "Fate/Zero" first , then "Fate/stay Night" , "Unlimited Blade Wroks" (a movie, no?) , then you can go for the lewd stuff called "Fate/Kaleid Prisma Illya ":kappa
This AMV is awesome btw:hurr
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Darky people are only supposed to give advice if they actually have a clue what they're talking about... :kappa I wish you a Happy New Year too though :party

@Zasz thanks, I wish you the same :blush
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
Darky people are only supposed to give advice if they actually have a clue what they're talking about... :kappa

@Zasz thanks, I wish you the same :blush
Are you telling me i'm wrong ?:pwnge
What would you propose ?:umad
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Darky people are only supposed to give advice if they actually have a clue what they're talking about... :kappa
Ouch, that must have hurt! :oooh
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,964
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Now it's getting long again :kappa
:kappa

Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Visual Novel
I want this because Cu :emocat

Personally I started with the Fate/Zero anime and then read the Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel bc I enjoyed the Zero anime a damn lot. From there I slowly turned into the Type Moonie I am today, or what Sky likes to call me, a Fatetaku :kappa I've basically read or played 90% of what's available in English xD
I've been wondering, since when did you plunge into Fate/Type Moon world?

They announced a new interlude yesterday, leading to Part 2 of the story.... so this was just the end of Part 1 :oh No localization anytime soon I guess, considering that the original creator doesn't really give a single fuck about the Western Fanbase lol.
:crying

btw, Happy New Year to you Ahmad :) <3
Though I don't celebrate it, thanks nonetheless :^_^

Not yet Ahmad, but soon I hope :D
I made a thread in Anime Series section. Come if you have watched :blush

Cool video btw :zomg Kakumei Dualism :zomg

Begin to watch the Ufotable version to get a preview like the guys said, then watch the new version
Like "Fate/Zero" first , then "Fate/stay Night" , "Unlimited Blade Wroks" (a movie, no?) , then you can go for the lewd stuff called "Fate/Kaleid Prisma Illya ":kappa
This AMV is awesome btw:hurr
Darky people are only supposed to give advice if they actually have a clue what they're talking about... :kappa I wish you a Happy New Year too though :party
Seeing you and nii like this is just...... :XD
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Fine I would say. Not amazing, but we did have nice warm weather (which was both nice and weird xD). Sometimes the family was fun, sometimes annoying :XD I could have done without this "vacation" tbh, but it wasn't bad.

Again Happy New Year to you my dear Sky-bro :hug I hope you had a fun Christmas and New Years Eve?
Hah warm weather... I almost froze to death during the last few days. :pout
So you would rather have stayed at home?
Talking about christmas though... Thanks... :hurr

Happy new year, Onii-sama. :glomp
Yeah it was okay. New years was really fun. :D
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
:kappa

I want this because Cu :emocat


I've been wondering, since when did you plunge into Fate/Type Moon world?


:crying


Though I don't celebrate it, thanks nonetheless :^_^


I made a thread in Anime Series section. Come if you have watched :blush

Cool video btw :zomg Kakumei Dualism :zomg

Seeing you and nii like this is just...... :XD
Ahmad jumping on my pervy comment, greatness :kappa

But you can have it, the translation is done :arf Or do you mean a physical copy? In that case, that could be expensive xD I actually will reread F/HA when the voicepatch is out, but that's at least a few months away. Damn them for only releasing the voices for the VITA version.

A good question... I think early 2013, but I'm not completely sure. Maybe Sky can confirm, considering he read the F/SN VN shortly after me, like 2 weeks later or so. Back then just giving him a short rec was enough to make him read it, nowadays I have to get out my gunpowder and an essay.

oh I didn't know that :o You're not celebrating it at all, or just on a different date?

I guess I will, watched the special two hours ago. Wasn't disappointed, wasn't amazed either though. More in the thread :arf

Yeah it is, and Kakumei Dualism is a good song too. The anime on the other hand... well it was so bad that it was actually good and entertaining in a way :XD

Just friendly banter~
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hah warm weather... I almost froze to death during the last few days. :pout
So you would rather have stayed at home?
Talking about christmas though... Thanks... :hurr

Happy new year, Onii-sama. :glomp
Yeah it was okay. New years was really fun. :D
Yeah it's really cold here, yesterday night I almost froze to death too xD
I guess so. Had it's positive sides too ofc, but I feel like I could've easily done without :XD
So my second present arrived? How's the quality? ;)

:hug I guess you got drunk and turned into a partyanimal again? :D
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,964
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
But you can have it, the translation is done :arf Or do you mean a physical copy? In that case, that could be expensive xD I actually will reread F/HA when the voicepatch is out, but that's at least a few months away. Damn them for only releasing the voices for the VITA version.
Actually I briefly watched some F/HA VN vids on YouTube. The first parts are horror, aren't they? I might actually download the VN, or just watch it on YouTube :3c

Back then just giving him a short rec was enough to make him read it, nowadays I have to get out my gunpowder and an essay.
:teehee

oh I didn't know that :o You're not celebrating it at all, or just on a different date?
The former :)

I guess I will, watched the special two hours ago. Wasn't disappointed, wasn't amazed either though. More in the thread :arf
I am waiting for you there :arf
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah it's really cold here, yesterday night I almost froze to death too xD
I guess so. Had it's positive sides too ofc, but I feel like I could've easily done without :XD
So my second present arrived? How's the quality? ;)

:hug I guess you got drunk and turned into a partyanimal again? :D
Aaaaaaaaaand it is snowing... Fuck my life... Yeah it was really cold outside... :gwah So happy we entered a club rather soon. :D
Hahaha at least you got free food and drinks. It is something. ;)

The :hurr levels reached a critical stage. Though it was funny. When I opened the box, the first thing that rolled out of it was the head. Just the head... x'DDD
She is a little goddess... :hurr

I actually stopped drinking rather early. I noticed I was reaching my limit and switched to non-alcoholic cocktails. :nod
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Belated Happy New Year, friends!
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,964
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Cool video (at least that's what I am thinking)

 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Actually I briefly watched some F/HA VN vids on YouTube. The first parts are horror, aren't they? I might actually download the VN, or just watch it on YouTube :3c

The former :)

I am waiting for you there :arf
Well the introduction is rather misleading, it's just a horror story one of the girls is telling I believe, while having a meeting at the temple xD
Choose whatever you like :p There are lots of cool Cu scenes, and some gruesome ones too :teehee

Why don't you celebrate New Years at all? :o

Well you have my response now :arf

Aaaaaaaaaand it is snowing... Fuck my life... Yeah it was really cold outside... :gwah So happy we entered a club rather soon. :D
Hahaha at least you got free food and drinks. It is something. ;)

The :hurr levels reached a critical stage. Though it was funny. When I opened the box, the first thing that rolled out of it was the head. Just the head... x'DDD
She is a little goddess... :hurr

I actually stopped drinking rather early. I noticed I was reaching my limit and switched to non-alcoholic cocktails. :nod
It snowed a little bit here too, but sadly not much :(

Well it wasn't that bad, had some fun with the family too, but it was annoying at times too. Kinda mixed feelings xD

lol.... xD Did you put it together already? :hurr

How rare for you :kappa

Belated Happy New Year, friends!
oh, nice to see you here Doku :zomg Happy New Year to you too my friend!

Cool video (at least that's what I am thinking)

Yep, that's nice :D

Right now I'm actually in love with a fanmade version of the Drifters OP, though the original is great too.

 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It snowed a little bit here too, but sadly not much :(

Well it wasn't that bad, had some fun with the family too, but it was annoying at times too. Kinda mixed feelings xD

lol.... xD Did you put it together already? :hurr

How rare for you :kappa
Yeah not "sadly" when you have to depend on a car. :XD

How was the food. :kappa #theonlythingthatmattersonchristmas
Was really cool to have a calm Christmas last year. Especially because I did not have to work on the 23rd or even later. At night I mean.

Well just three parts so I did it on the spot.
She is now looking at me while I sit at my desk. :hurr
I start to see the joy in figurines.
Though I will have to hide it if I have visitors. A Haruhi poster which screams "Milk" is okay. But a little, almost nude, girl is not. :XD

Not that rare. :twitch
Also the non-alcoholic ones are really tasty. Will start to buy some juices.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,964
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
There are lots of cool Cu scenes, and some gruesome ones too :teehee
You mean when most of left part of his body is hollow?

Why don't you celebrate New Years at all? :o
I am not a party person. I hardly feel excited towards it. So do I towards other feast days. Besides, there is religion factor, but it plays a small part though (I should stop here :sweatdrop)

Well you have my response now :arf
Tausend dank nii :arf

How do you feel btw? Feeling better?
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah not "sadly" when you have to depend on a car. :XD

How was the food. :kappa #theonlythingthatmattersonchristmas
Was really cool to have a calm Christmas last year. Especially because I did not have to work on the 23rd or even later. At night I mean.

Well just three parts so I did it on the spot.
She is now looking at me while I sit at my desk. :hurr
I start to see the joy in figurines.
Though I will have to hide it if I have visitors. A Haruhi poster which screams "Milk" is okay. But a little, almost nude, girl is not. :XD

Not that rare. :twitch
Also the non-alcoholic ones are really tasty. Will start to buy some juices.
Yeah okay dude, by now I got that you find snow highly annoying when you have to drive... :XD

Great for 90%, very tasty. The sauce my uncle made on Christmas Eve was a bit too whine-heavy for my liking, it had a very strong whine taste. Everything else was great, though I think my favourite food was the Gnocchi he made, together with an awesome sauce and some fine meat :drool
You did stay at your mother's place again I guess?

Hehe, nice :hurr I actually think figurines are quite nice, though I didn't care one bit until like a few months ago xD Still don't have a single one, but I think there are a few I would likely get if they're not too expensive.
Yeah, "normies" wouldn't react well to that :kappa

You should drink more Jun'ichi.

You mean when most of left part of his body is hollow?


I am not a party person. I hardly feel excited towards it. So do I towards other feast days. Besides, there is religion factor, but it plays a small part though (I should stop here :sweatdrop)

Tausend dank nii :arf

How do you feel btw? Feeling better?
Yeah, basically one half being almost cut off from his body xD I see that you're spoiling yourself with pieces here and there, I could never do that xD

Well you don't really have to party to celebrate New Years. I've yet to hear of a religion where New Years isn't a thing at all, so I guess it's mostly your personal choice?

Nah it actually got worse until yesterday. Yesterday I felt really, really bad. Somehow I made it through the day but it was an awful day tbh. Now it's finally getting better, I feel somewhat okay today, even though it's probably going to take another day or two until it's gone for real. My nose and the area around it look really bad from blowing my nose constantly during the last two days... :XD
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,964
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Yeah, basically one half being almost cut off from his body xD I see that you're spoiling yourself with pieces here and there, I could never do that xD
How can I not spoil myself if there is that pic everywhere :D

Well you don't really have to party to celebrate New Years. I've yet to hear of a religion where New Years isn't a thing at all, so I guess it's mostly your personal choice?
You are right aha. I meant like family meeting, having lunch/dinner with relatives, congratulating, and such. I and my family don't do those. There is another New Year though..

Nah it actually got worse until yesterday. Yesterday I felt really, really bad. Somehow I made it through the day but it was an awful day tbh. Now it's finally getting better, I feel somewhat okay today, even though it's probably going to take another day or two until it's gone for real. My nose and the area around it look really bad from blowing my nose constantly during the last two days... :XD
Ah.. Sorry to hear that u_u Get well soon. Drink some hot beverages
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Have you seen these before?


 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Top