Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
You can dream with Pochi Kuro. How much is Ishojo+ selling? I doubt its as good as Shuumatsu no Harem or even eldlive.
Around 10k. Boys Over Flowers sells 100k+, KnB Replace Plus 80k and Karada Sagashi 40-50k
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Pochi Kuro, the most popular series on the site. Still going strong with no signs of ending any time soon shut up and let me dream I need this
a long running anime adaptation by madhouse should start airing soon too

*lies down on the floor surrounded by volumes while Requiem For A Dream song plays*
*camera slowly zooms in on pupil*
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
seriously, don't close your eyes on Akuma no Memumemu-chan , it's having the reprints after reprints

threads on 2ch are pretty active

it could be Jump Plus new hit
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Anyway, what about the dance manga and Zumou? Are they really ending?
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Another great KnY chapter.
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
It's a JUMP+ manga... Pretty much everything there is irrelevant. Excent maybe Eldlive (because now it has a anime). Shuumatsu no Harem (because it's the fanservice hardcore ****** perv dreamland) Fire Punch (still don't know why it's a "thing") and... what else? Can't remember right now.
Besides the one you mentioned, there's Ana no Mujina. Not that it's a good manga. And that's it, I guess.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
beside everything everyone already mentioned
there are Kanata no Astra and Kiss x Death, both sell ok
KxD even appeared on oricon a couple of times
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Anyway, what about the dance manga and Zumou? Are they really ending?
Dance-bu : From the translated chapter (73) and the newest chapter image (83). It's heading in that direction. Unless the author is planning to do one more arc.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Thank you. It's a shame, with the Ballroom e youkoso anime, it could give him some ideas to improve.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want this series to "fail". I want all to be as better as possible, but if they are middle toc series and failling in sales, it's better to open spots to brand new ones.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Thank you. It's a shame, with the Ballroom e youkoso anime, it could give him some ideas to improve.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want this series to "fail". I want all to be as better as possible, but if they are middle toc series and failling in sales, it's better to open spots to brand new ones.
Actually,

The author only has 2 tournament, and 1 training camp in between. The first one is the debut tournament in many sports manga. The training camp, and the next one is the NATIONAL tournament. So, the author doesn't have plan to drag it out.

It's probably just a coincidence that Dance-bu and HZ are close to ending, and both are 30k-40k seller. Just like last year.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
I refuse to believe that HZ is ending soon...........I don't read the raws but I think series still has lot more to go........and there no reason for series to end this early....
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I refuse to believe that HZ is ending soon...........I don't read the raws but I think series still has lot more to go........and there no reason for series to end this early....
You mean, aside from the sales being low?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I refuse to believe that HZ is ending soon...........I don't read the raws but I think series still has lot more to go........and there no reason for series to end this early....
I don't think it has that much to tell, but I also don't want it to end. It's such a great series, and I'm just happy it's been allowed to go on for this long at least.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Pochi Kuro, the most popular series on the site. Still going strong with no signs of ending any time soon shut up and let me dream I need this
In all seriousness, iShojo+ is doing pretty well, and Karada Sagashi is based off a popular novel series and sells decently on its own but I think it's ending soon.
Pochi Kuro was nice, I read a couple of chapters, but I didn't continue reading. I focused my attention on Osengai no Medusa, which also continues pretty strong in the site. XD
Have to read Wadachi Taira new series by the way, it is cute...
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
HZ will take place in an alternate universe where Sumo is globally popular, so it will enter a world arc. Just you watch.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
If HZ is reaching its end I would imagine it was according to plan, and not because of cancellation
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I just think given its sales, Kawada didn't want to drag it out because it would just end up cancelled. But yeh, it will definitely end naturally, can't imagine a cancel ending now.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Zumou ending naturally feels like a given at this point, it's so close to a great end point that even if it suddenly dropped in the ranks it would be pretty much done before it started getting really risky.

Sure the story could go further and start focusing on the pro circuit but that doesn't fit what kind of series it's been up to now. That's more like something I'd expect to see as a sequel in some other magazine a few years down the line if the creator's other ideas for series don't work out.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
a couple of hours until the toc, the last new year oneshot will be in it, which means next week issue will be 50+ pages shorter than usual

unless they start something new or wt return from hiatus

here's something fun, kny fandom have been editing sister Krone into the manga and it works better than expected :smile-big







 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top