Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

Drakrami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
752
Reaction score
420
Gender
Male
Country
Balearic Islands
So much for a short hiatus!

Anyone any news?
 

BurnSchulz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
942
Reaction score
581
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Nobody knows the trouble ive seen....
nobody knows my sorrow...

Its been a much too long time already... i wonder if it will ever be finished
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yes, HxH will be finished at some point.

At least i wouldnt know a manga that runs so long and is liked by fans that wouldnt get an ending (in whatever shape or form).

Worst case is togashi suddenly dying and mad house doing an ova in which they don't actually reach the DC but kurapika handles business on the boat to finish his storyline and hisoka having a final deathmatch with chrollo while gon handles things on the mainland with gyro or something like that.

There are probably storyboards from togashi until far in the new arc arround which they could use as base to make this work.

I heard in some interview that he is usually one arc ahead at planning.
 

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
No Berserk? That's weird..
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Lol it is not even a contest.
There seem to be many sad HxH fans out there.

The berserk fans don't dare to complain, they are happy if miura proves that he is alive every some years and gives them threee chapters so they don't forget they can't have more.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sooo...almost 3/4 years of hiatus.
Anyone has any great accomplishments done in that 'little detour'? :)
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Sooo...almost 3/4 years of hiatus.
Anyone has any great accomplishments done in that 'little detour'? :)
I think the fact that we are still waiting and sane after all this time is our "great accomplishment"...Cheers !!
 

duerlin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
107
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I never read Berserk, but I think the difference there is that there is still hope here. Although imo, when I look at that Hiatus Chart, my rational side can't think of other result than that it wont end, at least not by Togashi's hands.
 

Aonori

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 13, 2015
Messages
3,437
Reaction score
1,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Portugal
I never read Berserk, but I think the difference there is that there is still hope here. Although imo, when I look at that Hiatus Chart, my rational side can't think of other result than that it wont end, at least not by Togashi's hands.
Berserk will always be better in the hiatos chart, it´s originally monthly and in the worst cases we only need to wait 6x times to 12x for a chapter, since Miura isnt writing a shounen, HxH on the otherhand, is placed at a rather unconfortable position...:s

This is one of the reasons why I didnt catch up to HxH 100% at all, but I did so in the case of Berserk.
 
Last edited:

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I feel like it is coming back soon.
I think the return is going to be announced in may
 

lulukaruins

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2016
Messages
456
Reaction score
658
Country
Sabertooth
I hope it's true. Please return, and at least make it 20 chapters/2volumes worth this year.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,411
Gender
Male
Country
France
I'd like to see an announcement for Volume 34 first. Without that I can't expect a return soon, and I am expecting that announcement in March.
 

YuYuMoonXHunter

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2016
Messages
176
Reaction score
104
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
We have a new teaser from Jump:

This is me when Jump's announcement about Hunter x hunter but realized that Togashi is still on hiatus
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
They better hurry up <:
Judging from interviews, Togashi is always at least a comfortable 10 chapter margin ahead,.
It is really irritating to think that the rough sketches are just lying there for months when Togashi redraws the Tankubons.
 
Top