Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Still a veteran. And this is the proof what I said some pages ago... "I prefer a possible failure from a veteran than a 100% failure from a rookie".
And we can't study is a veteran , prefer him than for example , Boku no hero academia?
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
And we can't study is a veteran , prefer him than for example , Boku no hero academia?
Horikoshi is also a veteran.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Horikoshi is also a veteran.
Don't follow the logic , all people you like is a veteran?
Let's put this case, BnH begin with a new echii of TLR, what do you want to survive the veteran or the rookie?
I'm talking about him being a veteran after Hikaru No Ho, Death Note, and Bakugan. I'm saying that the fact that he had 3 hits in the magazine didn't gurantee that all his following series would also be a success
He was well-known before that 3 hit, Watsuki and takei were a fan of his work (I think butsu zone was inspire of one of the manga he did).
And he fail because the writer he choose was bad/had bad chemistry for his art, he was a veteran when he begin Death note or Bakuma and survive.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Don't follow the logic , all people you like is a veteran?
Let's put this case, BnH begin with a new echii of TLR, what do you want to survive the veteran or the rookie?

He was well-known before that 3 hit, Watsuki and takei were a fan of his work (I think butsu zone was inspire of one of the manga he did).
And he fail because the writer he choose was bad/had bad chemistry for his art, he was a veteran when he begin Death note or Bakuma and survive.
People I like? I never said I am a MHA fan. And he published at least 3 manga in JUMP already. If he's not a veteran I don't how what da hell he is.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Dr.Stone is so overhyped that i can smell the disappointment in the air.
It would be Hungry Joker hupla all over again. I can't wait to see the toc positions hahaha
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Well don't get me wrong, I sure hope he's right and U19 is a flop
Thank you sir. I want more open spots for VETERANS.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Haha you guys are funny

You're the expert
That's what I thought.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
People I like? I never said I am a MHA fan. And he published at least 3 manga in JUMP already. If he's not a veteran I don't how what da hell he is.
And Boichi has published 0 in jump, and We can't study guy has published 3 or 4 manga in other magazine before that.
Still didn't know what do you mean by veteran.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
And Boichi has published 0 in jump, and We can't study guy has published 3 or 4 manga in other magazine before that.
Still didn't know what do you mean by veteran.
A veteran is somebody that have experienced publishing manga. It does not matter the magazine. It does not matter the genre.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
 
Last edited by a moderator:

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Even U19 being a complete mess, I liked the nazi reference... Anything else that we can "save" from it?

Edit: Oh the we can't study guy is also a veteran then? Thank you for letting me know that.

Even so I can't see it surviving.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Don't follow the logic , all people you like is a veteran?
Let's put this case, BnH begin with a new echii of TLR, what do you want to survive the veteran or the rookie?

He was well-known before that 3 hit, Watsuki and takei were a fan of his work (I think butsu zone was inspire of one of the manga he did).
And he fail because the writer he choose was bad/had bad chemistry for his art, he was a veteran when he begin Death note or Bakuma and survive.
I don't get what you're trying to argue. I'm not saying veterans are more likely to fail. I'm just saying veterans aren't always Guranteed to have hits
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't get what you're trying to argue. I'm not saying veterans are more likely to fail. I'm just saying veterans aren't always Guranteed to have hits
I'm not arguing... And again... I never said that veterans are better, more likely to survive or anything... I just like them because I followed (and translated) their previous work, so I'm a fan... But not only that, they have experience and I think that they can give us good series. Nothing more than that.

Neverland duo are made from rookies and I love it... Don't know why people are making a fuss over it.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
He's talking to me.
I don't get what you're trying to argue. I'm not saying veterans are more likely to fail. I'm just saying veterans aren't always Guranteed to have hits
I wasn't argue about that or saying you're wrong, only saying he was popular before.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Don't know why people are making a fuss over it.
You're the one kicking up a fuss about veterans vs rookies here though, everyone else is saying it doesn't matter.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You're the one kicking up a fuss about veterans vs rookies here though, everyone else is saying it doesn't matter.
Not really, no... Pretty much said what I think it will happen and my personal preferences... Nothing else...

Even so, I think it's more interesting if we can talk about what are the good points of the new mangas instead of their failures...
 
Last edited:

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Admin Notice:
Okay guys please calm down, it's getting out of hands. The topic of veterans vs rookies is somewhat ontopic, but don't turn this into a chatbox of pointless oneliners or outright baiting/insults. Please keep that in mind and remain friendly.~ niichan
yeah, my fault. Immature. Wishing for a series failure imo is just really insensitive knowing how hard these mangaka work. Why dont you just instead wish for it to get better, or in fact dont read it at all? Just ruffled my jimmies a bit.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
yeah, my fault. Immature. Wishing for a series failure imo is just really insensitive knowing how hard these mangaka work. Why dont you just instead wish for it to get better, or in fact dont read it at all? Just ruffled my jimmies a bit.
To clear things up
Not saying I wish for anyone to fail. But when it's a competition and only a small amount of ppl are going to succeed im going to hope for certain things to make it, which means certain things have to fail.


Similar to in sports. If you want your favorite team to make it to the championship game you have to hope it beats the competition
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
To clear things up
Not saying I wish for anyone to fail. But when it's a competition and only a small amount of ppl are going to succeed im going to hope for certain things to make it, which means certain things have to fail.


Similar to in sports. If you want your favorite team to make it to the championship game you have to hope it beats the competition
Except this isn't a sport. This whole entire process is completely subjective. It's for pure enjoyment, not a race on which series will sell the most end of the year
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Except this isn't a sport. This whole entire process is completely subjective. It's for pure enjoyment, not a race on which series will sell the most end of the year
I'm not saying I want these guys to go homeless and get to the position where they can't feed their families. I just think its fair to say which series you want in the magazine and which series you don't. The Japanese readers do this every week, except their say holds actual power.

Grabted, the English magazine doesn't hold the entire line up, but if they pick up a series I don't like, I think it's fair for me to not want it in the magazine if I'm a paying customer
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I'm not saying I want these guys to go homeless and get to the position where they can't feed their families. I just think its fair to say which series you want in the magazine and which series you don't. The Japanese readers do this every week, except their say holds actual power.

Grabted, the English magazine doesn't hold the entire line up, but if they pick up a series I don't like, I think it's fair for me to not want it in the magazine if I'm a paying customer
True, but these two are completely different statements:

I don't like this series and I think it might get cancel.
This series is bad and I think it might get cancel.

I don't like this series and I want it to get cancel.
This series is bad, road to cancellation starts now.

The first two are opinions. The next two one only the first part is an opinion. The second parts are just wishing for ill will upon the series.

not calling any names, just in the future do keep that in mind.
------------------

That's also true, that's why they have the voting system for Jump Start. The majority doesn't want Kitmetsu no Yaiba/Ole Golazo/Yuragi, so they didn't put it in the line up. While it is frustrating for the people that want it in the line up, majority win.

I hope in the future we put in some thoughts into these comments. Remember, different strokes for different folks and there is nothing wrong with that. Keep it civil.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top