- Joined
- Jan 23, 2017
- Messages
- 155
- Reaction score
- 95
- Age
- 34
- Country
-
while watching the video thought this might be useful as a reference.
Japan Wikipedia had 3.3 mil listed. Don't know how recent that was, but its probably about right. Last I saw the latest volume had sold 120k. So as a base, 120kx20 volumes =2.4 mill. Take into account the earlier volumes have sold much more, and the average is probably around 175-200k per volume.Even so 4 million is too much for saiki... half of it I could believe without the actual numbers obviously.
Well... I did not mean "quality". But this is a product, it's made to sell... If more people are buying, it's doing better don't you think? So more people are willing to buy Gintama than Saiki..Why are you using sales numbers to justify a manga's quality? Why are you using sales numbers to prove your opinion?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Thank you, it seems true.Japan Wikipedia had 3.3 mil listed. Don't know how recent that was, but its probably about right. Last I saw the latest volume had sold 120k. So as a base, 120kx20 volumes =2.4 mill. Take into account the earlier volumes have sold much more, and the average is probably around 175-200k per volume.
GTO, Love Hina, Rave, Getbackers, Boys Be 2, Kindaichi, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Ippo, and Cromartie.What exactly did Shonen Magazine have in the 1997-2002 that let it briefly pull ahead?
Volumes 1 to 18, back in last August reported 4M in print, the rest are from Oricon charts. In late April, Publication Index Annual Report of 2017 (出版指標年報) should be out with more info on how was the print of volume 18-20 which were out the same time the anime aired. It's a book report the publishers post the circulation of every manga the have released this year (Apr-16 to Apr-17), It's cost over 150$ so I won't buy it but some japs do upload the info in 2ch, at least I hope to, last year they reported that volume 15 of Saiki had 130,000 in print.Well according to the video, it has 4.6M in print.
GTO (97-2002 manga, various adaptations also in those years), Hajime no Ippo anime, Kindaichi anime, Love Hina and others. I wrote an article in otaku magazine in my country about the decline of Jump in those years, It'll be difficult to translate the whole article but I can provide some of the key lines that will help to understand what happen back then.What exactly did Shonen Magazine have in the 1997-2002 that let it briefly pull ahead?
)
Don't worry, you're fine. I'm way worse XDVolumes 1 to 18, back in last August reported 4M in print, the rest are from Oricon charts. In late April, Publication Index Annual Report of 2017 (出版指標年報) should be out with more info on how was the print of volume 18-20 which were out the same time the anime aired. It's a book report the publishers post the circulation of every manga the have released this year (Apr-16 to Apr-17), It's cost over 150$ so I won't buy it but some japs do upload the info in 2ch, at least I hope to, last year they reported that volume 15 of Saiki had 130,000 in print.
GTO (97-2002 manga, various adaptations also in those years), Hajime no Ippo anime, Kindaichi anime, Love Hina and others. I wrote an article in otaku magazine in my country about the decline of Jump in those years, It'll be difficult to translate the whole article but I can provide some of the key lines that will help to understand what happen back then.
(Sorry for any bad grammar, trying my best here)
I don't really follow SAO, but I've heard good things in later materials, which is supposedly an improvement over SAO's 2nd season.This post proves once more that people think that their dozen people circle represents the entire world in everything. Try to get out of your bubble for a change.
A-1 Pictures already said that they are going to do SAO as long as they have material. Because, and this can be new for you, it is POPULAR, FAMOUS, ONE OF THE BIGGEST FRANCHISE IN LIGHT NOVEL HISTORY.

Saint Seiya doesn't get nearly enough love! If it wasn't for the Poseiden arc it would have been on my list.1. Yu Yu Hakusho
2. Fist of the North Star
3. Dragon Ball
4. Saint Seiya
5. One Piece

. Haikyuu/HZ/Kitmsetsu I haven't catching up.