Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I wish I used internet forums when Naruto's ending happened. I thought it was great but the internet and shippers didn't.
in case you don't know, there were 3 petitions (maybe more) on change.org to change the ending/shipping <_>
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
in case you don't know, there were 3 petitions (maybe more) on change.org to change the ending/shipping <_>
:rofleven I heard of that. Also people really went the distance and tried to get Kishi banned from America. Just can't believe it was that serious. I think ships are cool but I never follow any story for them unless it's like the main plot of the story I guess. After Bleach's meltdown hopefully FT's is like that so I can laugh for 10 years.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
in case you don't know, there were 3 petitions (maybe more) on change.org to change the ending/shipping <_>
Would people get over the who ended up with who complaint already. It didn't effect the story one bit so why bother making a big fuss over who a fictional character ended up married to. :-_-
After Bleach's meltdown hopefully FT's is like that so I can laugh for 10 years.
I bet it'll be much worse, if that's even possible.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,295
Reaction score
7,328
Age
33
Country
Scotland
It's a bit early to say whether english jump has dropped something or not, they generally don't pick up immediately pick up new series as permanents unless it does incredibly well. It'll have ranked by the time the golf manga is done so we'll probably know whether they'll be keeping it at that point.

I feel like they'll probably pick up something that does well in Japan even if it got meh rankings from western fans, they really need a new long term series right now and they'll likely be doing 2 or 3 series anyway so one series japan liked next to a couple series the west liked wouldn't bother people too much.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So I assume Dr Stone is another love story? Unless the Viz teaser is inaccurate
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Personally I liked Chapter 2 of Poro too
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
So I assume Dr Stone is another love story? Unless the Viz teaser is inaccurate
What's the Viz teaser say? I'll never give them my money.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
After Bleach's meltdown hopefully FT's is like that so I can laugh for 10 years.
I doubt it will be even half as much of a shitshow that Bleach's ending fiasco was. The root of the problem with Bleach and Naruto was that there was a sort of love polygon going on. Fairy Tail already has set up ships that will inevitably bloom at the end of the series (GreyxJuvia, GajeelxLevy, ErzaxJellal, etc). The only thing that could possibly trigger the shippers is Natsu not ending up with Lucy, which the readers should know wouldn't make sense considering Natsu seems as asexual as Luffy. Then again, this is Fairy Tail, so not making any sense is basically its thing.
 

costicla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
690
Reaction score
603
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
in case you don't know, there were 3 petitions (maybe more) on change.org to change the ending/shipping <_>
Didn`t people actually complain to Kishimoto because of all the shipping debacle? In a way, I think it`s actually good that newer series like MHA and Black Clover aren`t as popular, they won`t have so many crazy "fans" (though I think My Hero Academia already has shipping wars..).
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Definitely the latter. That's not a bad thing on it's own though. Horikoshi is the same.
At first, I thought Horikoshi was more of a mix between the two, but I'm starting to think he's definitely the latter. It feels like he definitely took notes on what worked and what didn't in past shonen successes. He also seems to be aware of a couple of social issues, such representation of female characters, but I'm probably stretching.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What's the Viz teaser say? I'll never give them my money.
I gotchu
"What if you finally find the stones to make a love confession, only to find out that everyones been turned to stone"
Said it was a survival story. I was thinking pure battle shonen but I guess not
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
I gotchu
"What if you finally find the stones to make a love confession, only to find out that everyones been turned to stone"
Said it was a survival story. I was thinking pure battle shonen but I guess not
Maybe not a love story necessarily. His love interest may have also been turned to stone as well and he's going after whatever or whoever did it to turn her and everyone back?
I'm pretty excited though. I love Eyeshield.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I gotchu
"What if you finally find the stones to make a love confession, only to find out that everyones been turned to stone"
Said it was a survival story. I was thinking pure battle shonen but I guess not
Jump labeled it as a scifi/adventure series so I doubt it'll be a full on romance.

Based on the description I'm predicting ppl turning it into stone has something to do with enemies they have to fight
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I've never read anything from either of the mangaka, so I don't really have any expectations.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Maybe not a love story necessarily. His love interest may have also been turned to stone as well and he's going after whatever or whoever did it to turn her and everyone back?
I'm pretty excited though. I love Eyeshield.
Same. I loved the side characters and comedy too. Paired with Boichis art I'm pretty pumped
 

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
ShikaTema is the only couple I care about in Naruto , others sucks and I never cared about them ... Urahara x yoruichi for bleach :3.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
No doubt. The best and biggest manga of all time. Deal with it.
I like One Piece as well, but it doesn't stop me from criticizing it when needed. You cannot close your eyes because you like something, even less when it just sells well.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
I like One Piece as well, but it doesn't stop me from criticizing it when needed. You cannot close your eyes because you like something, even less when it just sells well.
One Piece certainly has its flaws, but it's far more consistent than any other manga to have run so long without feeling dragged out.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Please have "Hiruma's personality character" in Dr.Stone, please have "Hiruma's personality character" in Dr.Stone :yaha<< look a wild Hiruma
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top