Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Gintama just took BnHA usual spot

if you look to the top 5 (OP-Gintama-Kimetsu-Haikyuu-BC)
the only title that is not regularly in the top 5 is Gintama

we had a similar situation last year when Gintama went to unexpected hiatus and Bleach suddenly jumped in the toc

Dr stone spoilers, got it from 4chan with no idea who they got it from
The Hero is the black haired guy and his name is Taiju. The Blond one is called Tenkuu and the heroine is Yuzuriha.
One day Taiju confesses to a girl (implied to be Yuzuriha) when the sky is covered in a strange light. Everyone who touched that light turned to stone. Taiki and the girl are turned to stone and over 1000 years pass. His stone breaks and he explores the world until he finds his old friend Tenkuu who was freed from being a stone half a year ago. Tenkuu guides Taiju and takes him to his small treehouse. He intends to team up with them and bring the civilization back to where it was. They decide to investigate what the light thousands of years ago was and how to fix the situation

not really surprising, if you go to Inagaki twitter account he have a Dragon Quest avatar

Petrification and healing it is always a plot device in every game
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hahahaha MHA fans are DESPERATE right now... I hope it gets a one year hiatus...

Things not looking good for Neverland... Week after week it continues to go down... Souma bottom is wtv.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hahahaha MHA fans are DESPERATE right now... I hope it gets a one year hiatus...

Things not looking good for Neverland... Week after week it continues to go down... Souma bottom is wtv.
Did one of em piss in your cereal? You seem to have a strong dislike for people who are fans of the manga
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah I have... MHA fans are completely based about the series thinking that it's the BEST thing that happened to the magazine so far, neglecting pretty much everything else...

If this break is not anime-related Horikoshi seems to be having issues on maintaining the weekly load of annoying dialogues.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have idea what your talking about lol. Just because people enjoy talking about it and think it's great doesn't mean they neglect other manga in the magazine
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Even for series I hate, I'd never wish anything bad upon the fans, or the mangaka.
I mean technically he didn't, but it's just awkward seeing him constantly wish bad things on the franchise
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
just ignore him, all he does is lie and flip flop

and if you reply to him he will fill the thread with 4 pages of shitposts and trying hard to be sharkbait

but to hate Chinese cartoon enough to wish harm on another human, that sound like next level insane to me
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
/\ Haha I love how he gets annoyed by my comments that pretty much says the truth that nobody wanna hear...

But yeah I did not wish bad for anybody haha, I want Horikoshi full health a year from now after his long hiatus, (or planning the mastermind anime that you guys think that s2 will be haha)

But since Mammo LOVES it, here comments another one:

Since HZ will be getting a color page next week (nobody knows why) I hope its finally... FINALLY the ending annoucement.

Also this week's will have BC 100º (despairing haters with nonsense, no plot whatsoever, no nothing) chapter.
 
Last edited:

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Things not looking good for Neverland... Week after week it continues to go down... Souma bottom is wtv.
Neverland was ranked 3rd last week so not sure what the heck you're talking about. It's only ranked 7th this time which isn't exactly great but not really "it's doooomeeeed" material unless it stays low. Though given nearly half the magazine is comprised of unranked series right now, I wouldn't start trying to seriously gauge how safe or unsafe anything is for at least another 3 or 4 weeks when We Can't Study finally hits chapter 8.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Neverland was ranked 3rd last week so not sure what the heck you're talking about. It's only ranked 7th this time which isn't exactly great but not really "it's doooomeeeed" material unless it stays low. Though given nearly half the magazine is comprised of unranked series right now, I wouldn't start trying to seriously gauge how safe or unsafe anything is for at least another 3 or 4 weeks when We Can't Study finally hits chapter 8.
I never said "its doomed" I don't want it to go down as well, I love the series. I merely said it's losing positions and it's the truth... What about it?
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Hahahaha MHA fans are DESPERATE right now... I hope it gets a one year hiatus...

Things not looking good for Neverland... Week after week it continues to go down... Souma bottom is wtv.
Are you bipolar or something? I am sure you said you love BnHA a lot last week. I know wave riding is really common here but you take it too far.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
But we're missing the point here... I want comments about the possible (probable) HZ damnation. You guys know it's coming.
It went on for almost 3 years in the most ruthless manga magazine on this planet. It had a good run, good art, was fun to read and wasn't a typical "cute boys doing sports" sports manga so i enjoyed it.
I hope Kawada returns with a battle manga.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Are you bipolar or something? I am sure you said you love BnHA a lot last week. I know wave riding is really common here but you just took it too far.
I certainly don't dislike it, but "love"... this is too much... Don't get me wrong, I don't want it to go bad, I want it to go better... But I'll repeat it's too much alike HXH these days... With lots of unnecessary dialogues... There's also the comedy part that Horikoshi just suck.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's went of for almost 3 years in the most ruthless manga magazine on this planet. It had a good run, good art, was fun to read and wasn't a typical "cute boys doing sports" sports manga so i enjoyed it.
I hope Kawada returns with a battle manga.
I could not agree more. I want him with a battle manga and for that... HZ needs to die... As soon as possible for that matter.

But... You agree it is ending, though?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
something less cancerous



:3

a lot of people saying she's the next Togashi but in my opinion that title should go to Takuan and Batsu mangaka

his work reminded me a lot of Togashi's early work and oneshots
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
and speaking of promising rookies, I should mention Fukuda

the quality jump from Devilyman to Shinigiwa caught me by surprise, i didn't know he had it in him, since Devilyman was so boring and repetitive

If Shinigiwa was serialize in the main magazine there's no doubt in my mind it would have been a hit

but then again it might not worked as a long manga
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
But we're missing the point here... I want comments about the possible (probable) HZ damnation. You guys know it's coming.
Not happening. As I have said countless times (yes, I know it's bait), the latest chapter just began the first of 5 fights in the finals and is taking it's damn time. Not to mention the series will end in a completely different tournament to the current one. These last few chapters have been very slow paced and not much has happened. If it was ending even within the next 10 chapters it would skip the rest of this tournament in it's entirety. Give it 20-30 chapters and it will be over naturally.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does anyone have the sketch work of Gotouge from her omake? Not a fan of her serialized art, and I heard this was different.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I don't think KnY is that similar to HxH. I do appreciate the narrations in the manga; it's rare to see it used pretty frequently. I think the popular examples would be HxH, JoJo & especially Toriko that use narrations quite frequently.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
We can all have our opinions, but when we state them, you laugh at us for being fans and talk shit about the series. No shit people are going to stand up for their favourite series. You don't let us have opinions. But when you have them, it's all good... huh?

Not happening. As I have said countless times (yes, I know it's bait), the latest chapter just began the first of 5 fights in the finals and is taking it's damn time. Not to mention the series will end in a completely different tournament to the current one. These last few chapters have been very slow paced and not much has happened. If it was ending even within the next 10 chapters it would skip the rest of this tournament in it's entirety. Give it 20-30 chapters and it will be over naturally.
I can't remind me bashing people because of their opinions. I bash/agree opinions and that's all. This is what makes a forum err... A forum.

The difference between me and other people here is that I do not attack the interlocutor, merely its ideas.

We can always have a timeskip. This happened with the dance manga. Why can't it happen with HZ? Also why HZ should be "over naturally" when bigger mangas did not have this luxury?

I don't think KnY is that similar to HxH. I do appreciate the narrations in the manga; it's rare to see it used pretty frequently. I think the popular examples would be HxH, JoJo & especially Toriko that use narrations quite frequently.
I fail to see any similarity as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top