One of MHA greatest issues so far is the lack of real consequences. Horikoshi tries to shake things up, but without to change the status quo. At the beginning of the Stain Arc Deku hinted something bad might happen to Iida-
In the end, he injured his arm, which really hasnt changed his style to fight. There were also hints that All Might might die, but then he just died as a symbol, but was still alive as a person(also, everyone expected to see Society on his head, after the end of All Might. But not that much changed since then). Yes, little things happen, but nothing really extreme. Deku using too much strength in his battle could destroy his arms for good? Switches to legs.
The issue of the Provisional Licence Exam arc was, that it actually didnt change anything. Yes, Deku and the others can be heros outside of the school now, but they did this already before. And it just didnt feel much of change, because even then they did it before, there wasnt any real consequences before. It was an excuse for Horikoshi not to explain the lack of punishment for Deku and the others(yeah, I know, there were a punishment, sort of. But nothing really bad). And even Todoroki and Bakugou who failed the exam, just got a slap on the wrist and were given another chance for later.
in the end, the arc didnt really changed anything & at the same time, introduced as a lot of new faces & names to remember. After this, the pay off wasnt really satisfying.
Don't misunderstand. I really enjoy MHA, like, a lot. I like this arc, though I would prefer to see more of Shigaraki's & Overhaul's alliance, than of Sir Nighteye.
But I can feel, how Horikoshi is quite careful, not to change things too much, and instead, making little steps after another.
For example, I think, the quirk-destroying drug will be no more after this arc, Overhaul will be beaten & the only real winner will be Shigaraki somehow, because he'll be Deku's last big bad in the manga. Otherwise, no real changes or consequences.