Huh. That's interesting to know. As much as people here like to rag on BC, myself included, at least people can give their reasoning on why they do and stop when appropriate. Also anyone mind explaining what "nichigo" is?
It's always easy to dislike something. To think about why one dislike something needs a lil bit work. That's why most people bash something, without to give that much reasoning behind it. Though, not just with Black Clover in mind. Happens to all things.
Personally, my problem with BC is Asta and its beginning. Asta is boring and not really interesting. And he is this type of MC in shounen who is a huge idiot, beyond being funny anymore.
The beginning itself is just too much Naruto, with a bit of Fairy Tail. It needed some time to gain its own identity.
Other problems I have would be that the last arcs always ended on some battle. The Witch Forest arc really didn't needed this, yet we've got a confusing battle with two opposing armies(which is even more confusing. I've thought both armies worked together, but they happened to attack the Witch Forest at the same time?). Also, I am also bothered that most women in the manga need to have a crush. It's annoying. Ironically I like Noelle a lot, because, besides her crush, she still have enough personality.
The manga itself isnt bad. It's solid. Its greatest strength is its humor. The slice of life chapters are the best, and the times between arcs are sometimes more enjoyable than the arcs before and after.
Also regarding the Luffy comparison. I never quite understood why he is considered an ideal hero in Japan. It's a similar problem I had with Goku's characterization especially in Z and beyond.
Jotaro is also a popular maincharacter in manga. I guess, it's because he is a delinquent(anti-hero) and strong(power-fantasy). Similiar things like Goku and Luffy.
Therefore, it's not that different how in the western world people like their maincharacters.
EDIT: Wait, didnt Bakugou won the first place in the last MHA-poll?
The good hero loses to the anti-hero in popularity. That's the Batman Phenomenon(at least, that's how I'd call it, if DC wouldnt sue me for this).