Semifinal - Natsu vs August | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Natsu vs August

Who wins this SF battle?

• Natsu Dragneel

• August

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Except natsu can tank all this attacks u just mention and he wouldn't be in a bad shape as mirajane was when Irene was playing with her. He think nakama and oneshots @M3J sorry no made feats here never showed in the manga
August thinks meeting Mavis/protecting her and/or pleasing Zeref and oneshots Natsu. Why are you making up feats for Natsu tanking attacks and all, when he would have been killed by Zeref popping a hole if it weren't for a Lucy-asspull? August lost only because he decided to off himself instead of hurting his mom, otherwise he'd have likely beaten Gildarts and Cana.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
August thinks meeting Mavis/protecting her and/or pleasing Zeref and oneshots Natsu. Why are you making up feats for Natsu tanking attacks and all, when he would have been killed by Zeref popping a hole if it weren't for a Lucy-asspull? August lost only because he decided to off himself instead of hurting his mom, otherwise he'd have likely beaten Gildarts and Cana.
Tanked FH zeref>any1 feat august produced. POF NATSU>POF august. I'm talking about august lose he isn't tanking/ notified a base natsu POF punch u know. Ars magic is restricted anyways so again irrelevant.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Got rekt by FH Zeref until Lucy saved his ass. PoF wouldn't have stopped him from dying. August died/lost only out of choice, because he saw Mavis. He withstood Gildarts' cube, Brandish's stab, and took on Jellal's team. And what's to say August can't dodge the punch anyway?

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Got rekt by FH Zeref until Lucy saved his ass. PoF wouldn't have stopped him from dying. August died/lost only out of choice, because he saw Mavis. He withstood Gildarts' cube, Brandish's stab, and took on Jellal's team. And what's to say August can't dodge the punch anyway?
Ya when he exchausted and out of MP but that irrelevant. That fact of the matter he tanked a FH zeref attack and clearly out powered FH Zeref is above any feat august has shown in this manga. DF natsu>gildartz anyways the way lost is irrelevant becuase he isn't tanking/ Nufffying a power that oneshotted FH zeref. FH zeref > all august feats u mention. He couldn't dodge gildartz punch he isn't dodging a POF natsu. I cant believe ur making me defend this kid :epicfacepalm

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
How is this still an arguement?

I'm a huge Natsu fan but come on, this is August...

It's like comparing
Natsu trying to solo Kaguya
Ichigo trying to solo Yawch
Goku trying to solo Buu

There are just some fights where you need back up and this is one of them.

Natsu can defeat August, but not without help. August shoyld take this handidly

Ice Hunter

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I'm just want to clarify something here, about August copy magic.
i don't know if there is this story in the manga but if i'm not mistaken in the anime, there is a guy who can copy magic. Some fairy tail members got hired to protect a jewel and a daughter of richman, because the bad guy will steal the jewel at the party. i remember he can copy wendy's roar in that party... but he need to touch his opponet to copy their magic. But August copy magic seem different from that one, when that guy copy magic come from "magic", August copy magic seems come from "intelect". because he can copy magic by learning how other people use their magic, and because he is the son of the genius dad and mother so i think he can easily imitate other people magic.

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
i don't know if there is this story in the manga but if i'm not mistaken in the anime, there is a guy who can copy magic. Some fairy tail members got hired to protect a jewel and a daughter of richman, because the bad guy will steal the jewel at the party. i remember he can copy wendy's roar in that party... but he need to touch his opponet to copy their magic. But August copy magic seem different from that one, when that guy copy magic come from "magic", August copy magic seems come from "intelect". because he can copy magic by learning how other people use their magic, and because he is the son of the genius dad and mother so i think he can easily imitate other people magic.
I wanted to tak about that yeah, in response of the argument that copying DS magic isn't possible.
But i didn't, because i know what people would answer me about it., which is...
That scene was anime only, hence can not be considered canon material.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
How is this still an arguement?

I'm a huge Natsu fan but come on, this is August...

It's like comparing
Natsu trying to solo Kaguya
Ichigo trying to solo Yawch
Goku trying to solo Buu

There are just some fights where you need back up and this is one of them.

Natsu can defeat August, but not without help. August shoyld take this handidly
FH Zeref is the comparison in those not August, and Natsu beat FH Zeref therefore he's beating a weaker opponent.

OharaLibrarian

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Sorry if this comes across as me being aggressive, but there's just a couple of points I'm curious about.

I get Natsu countering Melt (though even then it would probs do some damage to him), but how is he going to counter August's other spells? As far as I can remember, Melt is August's only heat based attack.

That would only happen once though, if August throws out Melt and realizes that Natsu is incredibly heat/fire resistant/can eat fire, why would he keep using fire magic? Especially since he's got plenty of other spells that (while not on the level of Melt) are impressive in their own right.

Why are they crappy? O_o

Keep in mind that August solo'd Jellal, Cobra, Racer, Midnight and Hoteye with their own magic. Not to mention that his Meteor effortlessly blitzed Gildarts and Cana. And while not 100% canon, August should at least have a couple of Heavenly Body magic spells (not Sema though) since Jellal said that no matter what they tried they couldn't gain any ground. Again though, that last bit is just my speculation.

Also keep in mind that since August retains the magic he copies (him using Meteor is basically proof of this) he could theoretically be:

- Slowing Natsu's perceptions (this is really brutal since he could just go Meteor at the same time and blitz Natsu into oblivion)
- Reading his thoughts
- Putting him into illusions (again, pretty brutal since he could just put him in an illusion and spam nukes)
- Bending his fire magic away via Reflector (though he doesn't need to)
- Liquidating the ground Natsu's standing on

I just don't see how Natsu deals with any of this.

The problem here is that August is amazingly skilled in CQC too, and unlike Natsu he can also use his magic whenever he wants. I'm not trying to say that Natsu isn't strong (he's top-tier in DF, one of the strongest Ishgarians in FDKM, and is apparently > DF Natsu in base (seems legit)), but he's going against a character that is absurdly broken.
Aye, no worries

Thing is, the entirety of your line of logic abides by the concept that August is capable of keeping the magics he copied in the past, something that is very unlikely to be as it causes several plot holes:
- For example, if he really did permanently copy Erik's magic as you claimed, he would've never been hit or taken by surprise by Gildarts, as he would've heard him. As it was shown, Erik's magic is active at all times, yet the only time we see August use it is right when he copies him. Furthermore, Gildarts found out about August's trick but August only showed surprise when Gildarts told him out loud. If he could read Gildarts's thoughts, he would've heard that he realized it earlier, not when Gildarts said it. He would've also heard Cana arriving, Gildarts coming in to destroy the cathedral, etc.
- Same with Sawyer's spell. August could've easily destroyed Gildarts in terms of speed, yet he moves like a normal human
- Same with Macbeth's magic or the majority of other spells. Heck, he could've spammed ungodly attacks against Gildarts many times rather than relying ONLY on countering Gildarts's magic and using a few simple spells he knows outside of his copying magic
- The "meteor" he used doesn't appear to be heavenly body magic, as it does look relatively different to how Meteor works (we have Jellal's recent meteor for reference, August's lacks a lot of the visual details of meteor) and most importantly lies the fact that it's easily visible despite Natsu claiming that meteor is too quick to be percieved by normal human senses. Not even Acno was able to see Jellal, while Gildarts is able to see August before he hits the two of them. With that, it appears to just be a very quick charge attack
- This also applies to the simpler magics he's used, being the barrier he used to protect Ajeel, the bullet he used to shoot Mira (though arguably he could've copied that from Irene) and the magic blasts he's thrown out of his staff. He appears to know some basics to avoid relying only on his magic all the time, but that's why I adressed them as "crappy", because you can't compare some bullet/blast magic to the more intricate spells we've seen
- If August had the capability of keeping any magic he learned, we would've definetely seen that. He'd be on a completely different league in the story and most definetely wouldn't have been knocked out by Gildarts had he had such a power. He could've easily heard his every attack, destroyed him in terms of speed, pulled him into countless illusions and nuked the hell out of him, all things he was clearly limited in doing

- Oh and one last thing, the "melt" attack was called a "heat" attack or even "blaze" attack in other translations. Not to mention, when August recalls when Gildarts is talking about copied magic, he shows us a panel of him using that heat spell, meaning that he copied it right there from Natsu

So if we take in consideration the fact that there's rather weak proof towards August being able to keep the magic, with a lot of evidence against it, it means that against Natsu, he could only keep copying Natsu's magic or using one of his crappy knock-off spells, which might not be able to do much, as we saw with Gildarts. So unless he goes full Ars Magia, which is prohibited in this tournament, I don't see him beating the plot beast that is Natsu without being able to copy some proper magic from someone else, which is impossible given this tournament's rules. All magic he copies from Natsu is useless, so all he has going for him is some basic types of magic, which is why I'd have to give Natsu the victory

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
That was filler a.k.a. non canon. The only other people able to copy magic is the mimicry dude from Raven Tail and Rufus. Yet neither have shown the ability to copy it. Even during Gray's fight with Rufus, Rufus used regular flames rather than DS flames against Gray. Gray noted on them being child's play to Natsu. Why would Rufus not just use DS magic instead of inferior regular magic? Bcs he couldn't produce the magic of a Dragon as he wasn't enchanted by one.

Just a tidbit i thought should be known.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Aye, no worries

Thing is, the entirety of your line of logic abides by the concept that August is capable of keeping the magics he copied in the past, something that is very unlikely to be as it causes several plot holes:
- For example, if he really did permanently copy Erik's magic as you claimed, he would've never been hit or taken by surprise by Gildarts, as he would've heard him. As it was shown, Erik's magic is active at all times, yet the only time we see August use it is right when he copies him. Furthermore, Gildarts found out about August's trick but August only showed surprise when Gildarts told him out loud. If he could read Gildarts's thoughts, he would've heard that he realized it earlier, not when Gildarts said it. He would've also heard Cana arriving, Gildarts coming in to destroy the cathedral, etc.
- Same with Sawyer's spell. August could've easily destroyed Gildarts in terms of speed, yet he moves like a normal human
- Same with Macbeth's magic or the majority of other spells. Heck, he could've spammed ungodly attacks against Gildarts many times rather than relying ONLY on countering Gildarts's magic and using a few simple spells he knows outside of his copying magic
- The "meteor" he used doesn't appear to be heavenly body magic, as it does look relatively different to how Meteor works (we have Jellal's recent meteor for reference, August's lacks a lot of the visual details of meteor) and most importantly lies the fact that it's easily visible despite Natsu claiming that meteor is too quick to be percieved by normal human senses. Not even Acno was able to see Jellal, while Gildarts is able to see August before he hits the two of them. With that, it appears to just be a very quick charge attack
- This also applies to the simpler magics he's used, being the barrier he used to protect Ajeel, the bullet he used to shoot Mira (though arguably he could've copied that from Irene) and the magic blasts he's thrown out of his staff. He appears to know some basics to avoid relying only on his magic all the time, but that's why I adressed them as "crappy", because you can't compare some bullet/blast magic to the more intricate spells we've seen
- If August had the capability of keeping any magic he learned, we would've definetely seen that. He'd be on a completely different league in the story and most definetely wouldn't have been knocked out by Gildarts had he had such a power. He could've easily heard his every attack, destroyed him in terms of speed, pulled him into countless illusions and nuked the hell out of him, all things he was clearly limited in doing

- Oh and one last thing, the "melt" attack was called a "heat" attack or even "blaze" attack in other translations. Not to mention, when August recalls when Gildarts is talking about copied magic, he shows us a panel of him using that heat spell, meaning that he copied it right there from Natsu

So if we take in consideration the fact that there's rather weak proof towards August being able to keep the magic, with a lot of evidence against it, it means that against Natsu, he could only keep copying Natsu's magic or using one of his crappy knock-off spells, which might not be able to do much, as we saw with Gildarts. So unless he goes full Ars Magia, which is prohibited in this tournament, I don't see him beating the plot beast that is Natsu without being able to copy some proper magic from someone else, which is impossible given this tournament's rules. All magic he copies from Natsu is useless, so all he has going for him is some basic types of magic, which is why I'd have to give Natsu the victory
August can only copy magic that is in effect, and Natsu never used a spell against August which means that was fire attacl he copoed before. August does retain all the magic he has copied. Every magic he has is copied.

That was meteor he used against Gild, we have never seen another move like that and he used Dim's finger laser against Mira. He also used a barrier to block Laxus' L bolt.

He didn't use Erik or Macbeth's magic against Gild bcs of plot. I mean he could've just used any upper S12 power to beat Gild.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Aye, no worries

You make good point, I must say. But there are some aspects about Copy Magic you seem to forget.

For example, if you think that August can't keep using the magic types he has copied in the past, how do you explain him using Sleep Magic? I mean, the spell he casted to take out Brandish was out of his own caliber and not copied from anyone else at that very moment. If it was, then I'd like to know from who. Since it's a magic that is incredibly hax, it definitely isn't a "basic side spell" like you claim his magical bullets to be.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Why would Rufus not just use DS magic instead of inferior regular magic? Bcs he couldn't produce the magic of a Dragon
Bc his hell fire stronger, don't you think? Why he should use weakest magic?

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Except Gray explicitly stated that he's felt hotter flames, and Natsu is the strongest fire mage Gray knows.

Reactions: Jko

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Except Gray explicitly stated that he's felt hotter flames, and Natsu is the strongest fire mage Gray knows.
How can Rufus know? Apparently he felt like his Hell Fire was superior.

And it looked like that for a long while, so..

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Rufus never had a memory of the twin dragons being owned as badly as they were. If Karma of the Burning Land was stronger than Natsu's flames, then he would be stronger than Sting and Rogue combined - but he's not. Also, Karma of the Burning Land was never referred to as hellfire.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Rufus never had a memory of the twin dragons being owned as badly as they were. He would have if he's ever sparred with them and used act of burning earth. Also, Karma of the Burning Land was never referred to as hellfire.
Okay, so? Why would Natsu defeating the Twin Dragons proof that his fire spells are more powerful than those of Rufus? It's still not even a comparison in the slightest.

Also idgaf what the spell is called but I'm just going with what everyone else refer it to as, it's not like I'm going to spell that whole title over and over again.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gray explicitly stated Natsu's fire was a lot stronger, and hotter. Rufus' fire was nowhere near the level of Natsu's.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

He saw Sting and Rogue (both who're stronger than him) get rekt by Natsu's fire. He also said he never once seen them get a beat down like that.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Okay, so? Why would Natsu defeating the Twin Dragons proof that his fire spells are more powerful than those of Rufus? It's still not even a comparison in the slightest.

Also idgaf what the spell is called but I'm just going with what everyone else refer it to as, it's not like I'm going to spell that whole title over and over again.
Yeah. Owning Sting and Rogue does prove that Natsu's flames are stronger than Rufus'. The strongest opponent Karma of the Burning Lands is Eve Tearm, who is nowhere near Sting or Rogue's level. The fact that Gray outright says he's felt hotter flames (again Natsu is the strongest fire mage Gray knows of) sets this in stone. Plus, Natsu's flames have larger AoE.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States

That wasn't Hellfire. Nowhere near it or Gray's ice would've been melted instantaneously.

He saw Natsu's fire spell rekt the twins' unison raid. Natsu's fire was obviously more hotter and powerful than his. It's not even a comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.