Game Prophet League Ver 2 [Final Tournament SFs]

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Amadeus 7-5...

Dang... I guess Ishida/Duke but guess D2 instead of D1... so close..
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah, sorry Raxidian, predictions for this match are already closed. I just forgot to post the message.

I hope you'll join in next round though.
 

Raxidian

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 12, 2017
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Age
36
Country
Argentina
Ah, sorry Raxidian, predictions for this match are already closed. I just forgot to post the message.

I hope you'll join in next round though.
No prob. didnt notice that. sorry!
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Akutsu vs Amadeus: 1-6

Akutsu takes it 7-5
Against my better judgement: Akutsu wins 7-6 (7-5).
Amadeus takes it 6-3 there's no way Akutsu is beating a pro.
Amadeus wins 6-4.
6-3 Amadeus
I'm for Akutsu. 7-6 :)
Amadeus 7-5...

Round 13
1. Aloy (1)
1. Animariano (1)
1. Ken (1)
1. LetalHawk (1)
5. Hardy (0)
5. Kaoz (0)
5. Sheekee (0)

No Round Predictions this time since we didn't have time to make them.

Switzerland:
S1: Oni, S2: Sanada , S3: Tokugawa, D1: Byoudin + Duke , D2: Niou + Kite
Switzerland:
S3: Fuji
D2: Niou/Kimijima
S2: Yukimura
D1: Byodouin/Duke
S1: Oni
Switzerland:
S3: Sanada
D2: Marui/Nakagauchi
S2: Yukimura
D1: Erie/Duke
S1: Mori
Switzerland
D2 Hakamada/Sanada
D1 Kimijima/Marui
S3 Yukimura
S2 Ohmagari
S1 Oni
D2: Kimijima/Marui W
D1: Ohmagari/Kite L
S3: Akutsu W
S2: Duke L
S1: Byoudouin D
D2 Akutsu/Kite
D1 Kimijima/Marui
S3 Ishida
S2 Duke
S1 Byoudouin
D2 Ishida/Duke
D1 Kimijima/Marui
S3 Akutsu
S2 Ohmagari
S1 Byoudouin

I'm assuming Byoudouin for S1 and Irie for S2 here.

Round 14
1. Hardy (3.5)
1. Kaoz (3.5)
1. Ken (3.5)
4. Ganonslayer (2.5)
5. Asclepius (1.5)
5. LetalHawk (1.5)
7. Anera (0.5)

Overall
1. Ken (25)
1. Hardy (24)
3. Kaoz (22.5)
4. LetalHawk (20)
5. Ganonslayer101 (12)
6. Asclepius (11)
7. FrostyMouse (9)
7. Philia (9)
9. Animariano (8)
10. Anera (7.5)
11. Divine evil (4)
12. Sheekee (3)
13. Tato (1)


Round 15
Line-up predictions for Japan in the first round of the main tournament. I don't know if we're sticking with the doubles --> singles order or switch back to alternating, so go with whatever seems more likely to you or feel free to make one prediction for each system if it has an impact on what you think is going to happen.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think I've settled on something (for now...). Gonna submit two, one for each match order, since while the players stay the same, the specific line-up changes depending on that.

Group League Order
D2: Mouri/Marui
D1: Kimijima/Niou
S3: Kirihara
S2: Atobe
S1: Irie

National Order
S3: Kirihara
D2: Irie/Niou
S2: Kimijima
D1: Mouri/Marui
S1: Atobe
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Round 15 (see above) is still on-going.

We will also start Round 16: Who is Oishi's replacement and Japan's final representative?

I will award 2 points to anyone who gets it right. You have time until the next set of spoilers comes out, regardless of whether the player in question is revealed next month or not.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Let's see.

For the new spot, I'll say Kikumaru.

For the line-up:

S3: Sengoku
D2: Kaji / Kikumaru
S2: Yanagi
D1: Kimijima (captain) / Marui
S1: Mouri

Will modify it later and add exceptions (like a different format or Kikumaru not being in the team).
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
By different format, do you mean play order? Or tournament format?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
The same as you did (order), unless for some reason it also gets confirmed that repeats will be allowed.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
In that case I'll pose a follow-up question: where do you see Date, Nakagauchi and Hakamada?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
So far, at their homes tbh, lol. Date and Hakamada might die playing doubles against the French to hype the opponent I guess.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, if there are no repeats and assuming we don't skip round 1, they'll have to play at some point.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Yeah as I said, in either of the first two rounds, mostly as either filler or to lose to hype someone stronger. The only one I see perhaps playing later is Nakagauchi if paired with Oni but it's very unlikely.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Mouri in s1 was filler too btw
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hm I can't pin down a line-up yet, there's a lot of possibilities to consider...

But I will enter my prediction for the final representative: Tezuka.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I don't think there's THAT many, having in mind everything we've talked about so far.

-Japan will likely 3-0, at worst 3-1.
-The new players and the ones that didn't get to play are more prone to have a spot here.
-With that we have: Sengoku is a singles player, Kaji likely doubles (and he wouldn't be able to carry a match of his own story wise anyway), Kimijima is in a similar situation, Marui plays doubles, Mouri can play wtv but he is quite irrelevant and might not touch a tennis ball again in NPoT (this last part applies to the "three other" HSers too).
-Complete the line-up based on your other predictions and who you think isn't important/strong enough to play a match in the future.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
To be honest with you, I disagree with half of that.

-Japan will likely 3-0, at worst 3-1.
I think it'll be a 3-2, just to give everyone a match in the end. Which reminds me...

Round 17
Japan vs Aramenoma

If there's no match, this round is cancelled. You have until spoilers come out to predict a result.

-The new players and the ones that didn't get to play are more prone to have a spot here.
I agree with this one.

-With that we have: Sengoku is a singles player, Kaji likely doubles (and he wouldn't be able to carry a match of his own story wise anyway), Kimijima is in a similar situation, Marui plays doubles, Mouri can play wtv but he is quite irrelevant and might not touch a tennis ball again in NPoT (this last part applies to the "three other" HSers too).
  • I think Sengoku is going to be in doubles, maybe even with Kaji. Unless his level went through the roof while we weren't looking, I don't think he's good enough to grab one of the 12 singles spots.
  • Kaji is probably going to play doubles, yeah.
  • Kimijima I'm actually not so sure about. If he's in one of the weaker teams, i.e. what we're predicting right now, I think it's possible he could be in singles.
  • Marui: doubles, definitely.
  • Mouri I expect to be in doubles as well. He's the other super doubles specialist besides Ochi after all. Plus, his fanbook entry said he doesn't have enough power for singles (possible that he fixed it, but I wouldn't bet on it).
  • It's possible that Date and co. will get off-screened, but that doesn't matter a lot for line-up creation.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Uhm, until when can we predict the result of Japan vs Aramenoma? Before the first match of the round or during it?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Uhm, until when can we predict the result of Japan vs Aramenoma? Before the first match of the round or during it?
Before it starts.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Vs Aramenoma

D2 Hakamada/Kirihara
D1 Mouri/Marui
S3 Sengoku
S2 Niou
S1 Kimijima

Same positions regardless of play order.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Round 16 I'll put it to Momoshiro. I'm busy right now so not sure if I'll have time to do round 15, but I'll see. Never thought I'll place first in this tournament after messing up guessing the country by misunderstanding the rules though.
 
Top