American Politics | Page 256 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I also love the Trump chicken, though I think the left meant to insult us with it. :hurr

Have you guys seen what's happening with the white nationalists' protest? Some people have died, almost immediately after the counter-protesters arrived. Supposedly the mayor is sending in forces to deal with the violence (can't find more info on it just yet).

Okay, so, a couple of clarifications to make, since no one else has caught it yet:
He's referring to me. Hence the reason he specifically mentioned how I said how I got literally sick when Trump won the election.

Here:

And here:

By quoting my words without actually quoting my post (and thus not showing my name), it's supposed to be an attempt at confronting my thought process without confronting me. Consciously or not.

As to why his logic fails though...

This isn't a mass debate on American politics. It's a thread for the discussion of American politics. Full stop. That means if I have an opinion about something concerning American politics, I get to express it. I hate our current president. I hate him as a politician and as a human being. And there's no better place to make that known than an American politics thread, since a good 60% of why I hate the man is because of his political views.

This is why. You're doing it right now. Giving me reason to cringe simply from trying to communicate with you. I listed several real life interactions I had with Trump supporters. All of what I wrote shaped my view of Trump supporters, because it's first hand experience with them. You can't blame CNN. You can't blame the DNC. You can't blame Hillary. So who's left to blame? Me. For generalizing. Even worse you're acting like I'm generalizing ALL Trump supporters. I never once said all Trump supporters act the same. I said I tried to talk to a few and... got the kind of results I expected (just like I'm getting the kind of response from you that I expected). I also showed that I attempted to get another POV from the youtube community and was just turned off even more.

THEN I said I came to Mangahelpers to see if maybe there are some here that aren't... well, like the ones I've met. And you're doing an amazing job of convincing me not all Trump supporters are indoctrinated. Just amazing!

What's worse (Maybe better, depending on who you're talking to) is that I left a list of all the reasons why I couldn't vote for Trump at the bottom of my little tirade for anyone that voted for Trump to explain to me why those issues meant nothing to them in order to OPEN communication that extended beyond just calling Trump supporters idiots. But you missed that because you saw an opportunity to prop up that Whatabout-ism shield.

"Trump's a badguy cause he says mean things? Well YOU just said mean things about HIM! YOU'RE a meanie too! Ya big MEANIE!"

Seriously. You think people ever felt sorry for Jesse and James getting launched across the stratosphere after every episode of Pokemon? No, they were the BADGUYS. You don't feel sorry for the badguys. You make the badguys feel sorry. That's why it's okay to insult Donald Trump. Because he's a real life Captain Planet super villain.

I'm not gonna get into insulting you directly, but I WILL clarify something that you seem to think is a valid point, when it really, REALLY isn't. It's not even a thing.

You claim that it's amusing how people insult Trump for being a shitty human being, when we're being shitty human beings by insulting him. You're literally implying that we're no better than Donald Trump.

Let's test that theory out: So far, I've called Donald Trump a racist, homophobic, islamaphobic, transphobic angry cheeto. According to Styx, that makes me equal to Donald Trump as far as morality goes. So, let's see if everyone else in here that dislikes the man is just as bad as he is:

1: Anyone in this thread that has attempted to ban someone from entering the United States based on their religion, raise your hand.

2: Anyone in here that has banned Transexuals from serving in the military, raise your hand.

3: Anyone here who has tried to have 5 African American boys ranging from ages 13 to 16 put to death for a gang rape they didn't commit, raise your hand.

4: Anyone here that "Doesn't want black people counting their money. Only short guys wearing yarmulkes" raise your hand.

5: Anyone here who believes "laziness is a trait in blacks." Raise your hand.

6: Anyone here that believes as long as you've got enough money; women will allow you to grab em' by the pussy, raise your hand. I mean sure, SOME women are that easy. But that's a sexist generalization about women by him, that all of them are easy as long as you're rich. Fuck him.

7: Anyone here that wants to re-instate Stop and Frisk, raise your hand.

8: Anyone here that wants to torture the families of terrorists in order to find out where terrorists are hiding, raise your hand.

9: Anyone here that believes Global Warming is a hoax invented by the Chinese, raise your hand.

10: Anyone here that believes it's okay to go to war after you've been threatened verbally, raise your hand.

11: If you wanna fuck your daughter, raise your hand.

Okay. I haven't raised my hand once while typing these, so I'm still a better human being than Donald Trump. In fact, I imagine the only people that will be raising their hands for any of these are going to be Trump supporters. That's just a hunch though. And it's also not directed at ALL Trump supporters, so don't pull that.
Yes, you were one of the people I was referencing. I didn't want to hit a nerve by only mentioning one person so I left it open for people to just go back and look through the posts to see the examples of what I meant.

Yes, I saw your "reasons" for hating him and I don't recall saying you shouldn't or couldn't express yourself or your dislike of Trump. My point was to highlight how easily you and many others did the same things you condemn Trump/supporters for. And that's humorous, because you nor others seem to care that you did, which means you only care if Trump/someone you dislike did it. An action you distaste so thoroughly yet you have no qualms with exercising.

And as I said, so what? You met Trump supporters that said something that ruffled your jimmies and you think you can lump them altogether and insult all of them because of this instance that no one but you can authentic? And yet you hate Trump for insulting, generalizing, etc Muslims, Immigrants etc etc? You are a shallow hypocrite if you can accept unacceptable behavior so long as it is towards people you condemn it happening or from people you side with.

And don't twist my words for the sake of your hypocritical argument. I didn't say it is amusing people insult Trump for "being a shitty person". Please learn to read correctly. I said it is amusing how you people can easily do the things you hate other people for, including Trump. Example, yet again, is your initial post generalizing all of us into a hateful, racist etc group and expressing hatred not only towards Trump but us...and yet Trump/supporters are the devil incarnate for doing the same things?

If you are going to have values, at least stand by them 100%.

Let's test that theory out: So far, I've called Donald Trump a racist, homophobic, islamaphobic, transphobic angry cheeto. According to Styx, that makes me equal to Donald Trump as far as morality goes. So, let's see if everyone else in here that dislikes the man is just as bad as he is:
Dishonesty here, or did you really not understand a thing I said? I didn't compare you to Trump for being racist, homophobic etc. I said you are no better than the people you condemn because you do the same things you hate them for, e.i generalizing us all (thinking we all hate Muslims, gays etc), insulting us etc. Though since it was missed, you are not the only person I was referencing hypocritical behavior from.

..until Trump won. Then I felt defeated. I felt LITERALLY sick. And I've spent a long, long time trying to learn how to not view Trump supporters with disdain and the only thing I could come up with as a means to accomplish such a feat is to listen to their views a bit.

I should say before hand, I live in North Carolina... a southern state.

One of my co workers who voted for Trump believes that every Muslim is a terrorist. Says he read the Quran and the whole "infidels being stoned" deal means that that's what all Muslims want, and Trump's going to protect us from... fuck, I guess stoning. I stated that not all Muslims are terrorists, to which he replied "yes they are". It took 4 tries before he finally said "Oh, well I should say not all of them practice terrorism." Which was the most reasonable response I could get out of him. We then had a long conversation (by conversation, I listened as he failed to try to convince me that God exists) about religion.

One of my co workers grew up in West Virginia where there's a lot of coal mining, and he feels Trump will help bring jobs back to states with tons of job loss. I brought up the Muslim ban to him, even bringing up the Japanese internment camps after Pearl Harbor (he's half Japanese) as an example of holding an entire group of people responsible for the crimes of just a few, with "better safe than sorry" as reasoning. He brushed off the internment camps as necessary stating "It kept us safe didn't it?" I didn't know how to respond. I let it slide though because he's super religious (I'm an agnostic atheist myself) and he never watches the news. Just aligns his political beliefs with his family because... well, they're family.

Another one of my co workers voted for Trump because he believes that since he's not a politician, he won't have his hands tied by the same rules that other politicians are *shrugs*. And that him not being a politician makes him "one of us". A normal guy with normal problems. Now, this is the only Trump supporter I actually laughed at out loud, and I'm sure you all know why. Donald Trump is a multi-millionaire who reached his status from Old Money, that is to say his father set him up to succeed from the beginning.

And then there's the one guy who just wanted to vote for Trump because he believed that Hillary was just "more of the same" (referring to Obama) and that she'd try to take his guns and... ugh.

So that was a wash. Talking to local Trump supporters just made me more nauseous. So I decided maybe the smarter Trump supporters could shed some light on their support for Donald Trump and I took to Youtube (bad idea. BAD, BAD IDEA).
I'll restate it. This is the bit I am referring to (when I referenced you), where you use your (few) encounters with a few Trump supporters to vent about your hatred and disgust of Trump supporters. The humorous part, since you do not seem to understand, is how easily you do the same thing you condemn us and Trump for. Or, even worse, you think it is okay to do completely unrelated to your hatred of Trump so long as it is against people you hate (us, Trump supporters, based off the interactions of a few).

It's clear the standards you possess and exercise though from your posts, but yes, you're so right,Trump's da evil debil and so are all the hateful Trumpers. :pls

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Styx said:
Yes, I saw your "reasons" for hating him and I don't recall saying you shouldn't or couldn't express yourself or your dislike of Trump. My point was to highlight how easily you and many others did the same things you condemn Trump/supporters for. And that's humorous, because you nor others seem to care that you did, which means you only care if Trump/someone you dislike did it. An action you distaste so thoroughly yet you have no qualms with exercising.
Except I haven't done what I hate Trump for. I called Trump (a bad person) bad names. Trump calls anyone who has a criticism of him bad names, bad person or not. I didn't refer to his entire race in negative connotations. He said all blacks are lazy. I didn't ban him from the country, ridicule his religion, or threaten to torture the families of terrorists.

You're trying to place name-calling on the same tier as racism and bigotry. You are reaching. Terribly.

And as I said, so what? You met Trump supporters that said something that ruffled your jimmies and you think you can lump them
altogether and insult all of them because of this instance that no one but you can authentic? And yet you hate Trump for insulting, generalizing, etc Muslims, Immigrants etc etc? You are a shallow hypocrite if you can accept unacceptable behavior so long as it is towards people you condemn it happening or from people you side with.
See, you're doing it again. I never said "ALL" Trump supporters. And I took the steps to alleviate any thoughts that I was generalizing the entire group by attempting to seek answers from multiple sources. From people I know, from the news, and from the internet. It's not my fault that all of my attempts to find a reasonable Trump supporter has fallen flat. That shit's on you guys.

Go right ahead. You can quote any point in my responses where I've said that all Trump supporters are the way the one's I've met are. I'll wait. The closest thing you'll find is me saying "Trump supporters" instead of "some Trump supporters". And I won't apologize for that, because you don't make that same distinction when referring to liberals and I'll be damned if I let you keep trying to hold me to a standard you're incapable of meeting yourself.

Especially when you consider at the very god damn beginning of my very first god damn full paragraph in this thread I state that voting for Trump doesn't make you ANY OF THE THINGS I HATE TRUMP FOR.

Me said:
So yeah. Voting for Trump doesn't make you a racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic... bad person. It just means you're okay with racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia as long as you can benefit from it somehow. Because focusing on the policies you AGREE with don't erase the policies you DON'T agree with. It's a package deal. And voting for the man who's going to put both the policies you agree with, and the policies you don't agree with into power? That's promoting those bad policies.
This better be the last time I hear about some "generalizing" bullshit. I literally said not all of you are like that in my first full paragraph. You can't have missed it. You DIDN'T miss it. You just snipped it out of your argument to preserve your own argument.

Also, stop pulling Anakin's "From my point of view it is the Jedi who are evil!" schtick. It's not my "opinion" that the Trump supporters that I've spoken to are either immoral or ignorant. One of my co-workers claimed every single Muslim was a terrorist. That's ignorance. That's not an insult either. Ignorance is lacking knowledge. He lacked the knowledge to make the claim he was making and thus, I'm justified in calling him ignorant.

Lastly on this particular quote, "this instance that no one but you can authentic"? I couldn't care less if you believe me. That's not passive aggression either. It's not aggression at all. It's just there's no way I can prove it, and if you're not going to take my word for it, then I'm wasting my time.

Styx said:
And don't twist my words for the sake of your hypocritical argument. I didn't say it is amusing people insult Trump for "being a shitty person". Please learn to read correctly. I said it is amusing how you people can easily do the things you hate other people for, including Trump. Example, yet again, is your initial post generalizing all of us into a hateful, racist etc group and expressing hatred not only towards Trump but us...and yet Trump/supporters are the devil incarnate for doing the same things?

If you are going to have values, at least stand by them 100%.
Sure you did. You just tried to change it in a way that makes ME the bad guy. You keep saying that I'm doing the same things as Trump and his supporters by "generalizing", all of them which isn't what I'm doing (and isn't the reason I hate Trump or the shitty part of his supporters). I'm insulting Trump and the supporters that act like the one's I've met because of his policies and who he is as a person. Only them. You're assigning an argument to me that I'm not making because this concocted version of me is easier to vilify than the real me in these actual posts. You need to make me the enemy because it let's you avoid confronting my questions (all of which you've still avoided answering, I might add. That isn't a mistake either. You're doing it on purpose.) And you find it amusing (you don't, you're just being condescending) that my criticisms are ill natured while I'm belittling Trump and the "deplorable" part of his voter base.

I'll clarify again: I'm not condemning the entirety of Trump's voter base, or Trump himself, for how he talks about people. I'm condemning Trump for actually being a racist, sexist, homophobic, islamophobic, amoral cretin. For his actions. Likewise, his deplorable portion of followers who don't hold him accountable for the shit he's doing, and then take up arms to protect him when he's ridiculed for being a shitty human being. That's why your argument falls flat. Because I'm not a hypocrite unless I'm doing the same things that I hate Trump and the indoctrinated portion of his followers for.

I literally can't explain it any better than that. And my value's are just fine. Granted, they don't meet your standards but, not everyone can be the paradigm of leadership and moral responsibility that Donald Trump is.

Styx said:
Dishonesty here, or did you really not understand a thing I said? I didn't compare you to Trump for being racist, homophobic etc. I said you are no better than the people you condemn because you do the same things you hate them for, e.i generalizing us all (thinking we all hate Muslims, gays etc), insulting us etc. Though since it was missed, you are not the only person I was referencing hypocritical behavior from.
Right, I understood. I'm just re-writing your own argument because you're re-writing mine. And what do you know! You quote (and bolded!) the exact statement I was referring to earlier about failing to put the word "some", before Trump supporters. Yet chose not to point out the instances where I did. Tricky business, that. Some might call it cherry-picking. It's a fair mistake though so I won't attack you for it, but let's step into the bizarro world and assume that I WAS generalizing the entirety of Trump's support base. Let's say I DID say that all of you were amoral racist homophobic transphobic Islamaphobic assholes.

Would saying those things really be tantamount to actually banning people from entering the country due to their religion? Or preventing transexuals from serving in the military? Wanting to torture innocent civilians? Wanting to kill teenagers for a crime they didn't commit?

Of course not. So even if I was a shitty human being for generalizing all of Trump's supporters, I still come out as a better person than all of the people I'm generalizing because I've committed no atrocities equal to anything Trump or his supporters has done short of those generalizations. Hell I wish generalizing people was the worse thing Donald Trump has done in the 6 months he's been our president. I WISH.

And let's be realistic here: let's say you're "One of the good ones" (not quoted for sarcasm or any hidden meaning, just a faster way of saying a Trump supporter that doesn't actually agree with most of what he's doing). That you voted for Trump because of the parts of his policy you agreed with that were morally sound, and not because of the ones you disagreed with, that are inherently accepted as amoral by anyone that feels empathy for anyone that's not their same skin color. You still gave him the power to push forth the policies that you didn't agree with, which means you, at some point, stopped and decided that you are okay with them. If you weren't okay with a Muslim ban when he mentioned it before the election, and still voted him in, then you pushed aside your moral reasoning in order to gain whatever else you thought you'd get from a Trump presidency (let's just say more jobs for example), which means you settled on hurting people to acquire what's best for you. Even if you're the nicest person in America, you just shat on millions of people with your vote, and that's not hyperbole.

And that's far more disgusting than me generalizing anyone.

Styx said:
I'll restate it. This is the bit I am referring to (when I referenced you), where you use your (few) encounters with a few Trump supporters to vent about your hatred and disgust of Trump supporters. The humorous part, since you do not seem to understand, is how easily you do the same thing you condemn us and Trump for. Or, even worse, you think it is okay to do completely unrelated to your hatred of Trump so long as it is against people you hate (us, Trump supporters, based off the interactions of a few).
You're applying my hatred for Trump and his deplorable voter base to all of Trump supporters. You're doing that, not me. What's weird is that I never even said I hated the ones in my workplace. All of them are nice to me, and the one that used to live in West Virginia is a good friend of mine. It doesn't mean I can't use his dumb ass testimony as reasoning for my ridicule of (some) Trump supporters. I didn't even mention my cousin who voted for Trump (whom I also don't hate, yet don't have a problem calling a dumb fuck). Only reason I didn't mention him though is because I haven't confronted him about it the way I have these co-workers so I can't give any reasoning for him voting for him.

I'll say one last time in closing: I'm not doing the thing that I condemn SOME Trump supporters, and Trump himself for. Because generalizing isn't the thing that I criticize SOME Trump supporters for.

1: I criticize Trump for being a racist, sexist, trans... I'm not listing it all again. You knew what he was before you voted for him.
2: I criticize SOME Trump supporters for sharing Trump's beliefs about other races and religions; and voting for him to allow him to put these heinous beliefs into action.
3: I criticize ALL Trump supporters for, even if they don't share his beliefs, voting for him. Because they ENABLED him to use these discriminatory beliefs they claim they don't agree with. A perfect analogy would be you not shooting me yourself, yet handing Donald Trump a loaded gun moments after he tells me he's going to shoot me. You didn't commit the act, and you claim you're not okay with it, but you both knew his intentions AND made sure he could pull it off, so your hands aren't clean.

Feel free to call this "debate" a win if you want. I won't be responding to any reply that doesn't answer the questions asked in my first post. Literally nothing you typed so far in response to me has been helpful in alleviating the pre-concieved notions I have about a good deal of the Trump support base. On the contrary it's confirming my suspicions.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Have you guys seen what's happening with the white nationalists' protest?
They're called Nazis and KKK, dear, not "white nationalists."

And Trump has made it worse with his tweet, probably the only tweet on this subject. Dude's done the most to divide US, and he expects anyone but his brainwashed supporters to believe his bullshit? lulz.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
They're called Nazis and KKK, dear, not "white nationalists."
No...? There's no need for that kind of nitpicking when Nazis and KKK members are white supremacists and therefore white nationalists.

No point in being patronizing over a sentence either.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Calling them white nationalists is an attempt to detract from the fact that they are Nazis and KKK. It matters especially because despite these guys doing Nazi salutes and chanting things that actually align with Nazi views, they're not called as such. Whereas, a BLM protest will somehow get demonized. Hell, unlike at this protest against taking down a monument, I don't remember anyone being killed by a BLM protester at a BLM protest.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Calling them white nationalists is an attempt to detract from the fact that they are Nazis and KKK. It matters especially because despite these guys doing Nazi salutes and chanting things that actually align with Nazi views, they're not called as such. Whereas, a BLM protest will somehow get demonized. Hell, unlike at this protest against taking down a monument, I don't remember anyone being killed by a BLM protester at a BLM protest.
No one sees "white nationalist" and compares that to a group like BLM, so I don't even see the point of your comparison.

One can be a white nationalist and not be a neo-Nazi or a member of the KKK. Insisting everyone there be identified as such is pointless.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
xi0 said:
No one sees "white nationalist" and compares that to a group like BLM, so I don't even see the point of your comparison.
Maybe he could've said it in a nicer way, but it's important to be perfectly clear about what a person's motivations are despite their title, because a title can be a mask. White nationalists may not claim they're superior to non-whites, but they want to preserve the privilege that comes from being white by maintaining the majority, discouraging race mixing and preventing white neighborhoods from allowing non-whites to enter their community.

And how do they do this? The same way Nazi's do. Fear mongering, violence, and exploiting social standing in predominately white areas. So... yeah...

Side note!

Chris Evans‏ @ChrisEvans

MANY SIDES?!? Ive typed and deleted at least 8 tweets. Words simply arent strong enough to accurately describe how I feel about Donald Trump
Chris Evans is a national treasure. Captain America indeed. Calling out Trump for pulling the "both sides" argument when he was supposed to be comforting people about the protestor trying to kill a crowd with his car. He couldn't simply place the blame where it lied. He had to make damn sure that the left were seen as "just as bad."

Also, "many" sides as opposed to "both". UGH. Leader of the free world, ladies and gentlemen.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
White nationalists may not claim they're superior to non-whites
White supremacists do. White supremacy is considered a subset of white nationalism, but not all white nationalists are white supremacists. Neo-Nazis and KKK members are white nationalists because they're white supremacists. I just don't see the term "white nationalism" as being sanitizing in any sense of the word.

And my point was a bit pedantic, but oh well. It's not about being "nicer" either, it's about being factually correct.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

One can be a white nationalist and not be a neo-Nazi or a member of the KKK. Insisting everyone there be identified as such is pointless.
I've seen plenty of people compare the two, as well as compare the Charlottesville riot/protest to BLM protests. Many people think both are hate groups and violent, when BLM is the opposite of a hate group.

And yet, majority of them have done the Nazi salute and have espoused KKK/Nazi views. There's no reason not to call them what they are. And I'm one of the few non-right who'd have actually supported them protesting to keep the monument if it wasn't just a way for them to protest for white supremacy.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Maybe he could've said it in a nicer way, but it's important to be perfectly clear about what a person's motivations are despite their title, because a title can be a mask. White nationalists may not claim they're superior to non-whites, but they want to preserve the privilege that comes from being white by maintaining the majority, discouraging race mixing and preventing white neighborhoods from allowing non-whites to enter their community.

And how do they do this? The same way Nazi's do. Fear mongering, violence, and exploiting social standing in predominately white areas. So... yeah...

Side note!

Chris Evans is a national treasure. Captain America indeed. Calling out Trump for pulling the "both sides" argument when he was supposed to be comforting people about the protestor trying to kill a crowd with his car. He couldn't simply place the blame where it lied. He had to make damn sure that the left were seen as "just as bad."

Also, "many" sides as opposed to "both". UGH. Leader of the free world, ladies and gentlemen.
Just asking, is Chris Evans American? If so, I think he has a better shot at being president than The Rock does. Just wear his Cap uniform at rallies and debates, get into character while making sure people can tell the difference between acting and genuine. And the coup de grace, punch his predecessor's lights out after the inaugration (or when he takes the stage) giving a nod to a very infamous cover.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
And yet, majority of them have done the Nazi salute and have espoused KKK/Nazi views. There's no reason not to call them what they are. And I'm one of the few non-right who'd have actually supported them protesting to keep the monument if it wasn't just a way for them to protest for white supremacy.
See some photographs of them doing it, and then they all instantly become Nazis or KKK members. Seems legit. I cringe coming across like I'm defending people like this, but this is just lazy logic on your part, sorry.

That's the point though. You don't get to choose what a protest is for... that's the whole point of the first amendment.

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's funny how these racist people (I refuse to call them nationalists) think they are better than everyone because they were "there first" and represent "America". Wrong, indigenous people were there first and America represents Americans, which is one of the most multi ethic countries. :D

And Americans wonder why a lot of countries hate them :notrust
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Side note.

People on this side of the border are protesting:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/protes...violence-at-white-supremacist-rally-1.3544474

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
xi0 said:
No one sees "white nationalist" and compares that to a group like BLM,
Tomi Lahren and Bill O'Reilly both do. I think it's safe to say Sean Hannity does as well, but I'm not sure. So... they may only be 3 people, but they're 3 influential people that convince entire groups of people what to believe.

White supremacists do. White supremacy is considered a subset of white nationalism, but not all white nationalists are white supremacists.
Semantically speaking, sure. My point was that while they may not think they're superior to non-whites, they're perfectly fine with using Nazi/KKK style tactics to maintain the white majority and the white race's place in the social power structure (see: running over crowds of people that disagree with them using cars). Which is a form of superiority, considering you can do more things than us, influence our lives, and take from us what you will. Not to mention that they think they're deserving of this status despite how it was acquired. If that isn't an air of superiority...

Newkerzy said:
Just asking, is Chris Evans American?
Yup!

If so, I think he has a better shot at being president than The Rock does. Just wear his Cap uniform at rallies and debates, get into character while making sure people can tell the difference between acting and genuine. And the coup de grace, punch his predecessor's lights out after the inaugration (or when he takes the stage) giving a nod to a very infamous cover.[/quote]

The Rock is American too, but his dad is black and his mom is Samoan so... he's too "other" to get that many votes unless he plays the Trump game and motivates a lot of shitstains behind him. Chris Evans is Aryan. Blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin. The "real" American. Neither would make good presidents though because neither have worked in any form of political fashion. It'd be like having more likable versions of Trump, which I actually don't condone. Just because I like them doesn't mean they're right to lead a nation.

Though I'm sure you were just joking, lol.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Tomi Lahren and Bill O'Reilly both do. I think it's safe to say Sean Hannity does as well, but I'm not sure. So... they may only be 3 people, but they're 3 influential people that convince entire groups of people what to believe.

Semantically speaking, sure. My point was that while they may not think they're superior to non-whites, they're perfectly fine with using Nazi/KKK style tactics to maintain the white majority and the white race's place in the social power structure (see: running over crowds of people that disagree with them using cars). Which is a form of superiority, considering you can do more things than us, influence our lives, and take from us what you will. Not to mention that they think they're deserving of this status despite how it was acquired. If that isn't an air of superiority...

Yup!

If so, I think he has a better shot at being president than The Rock does. Just wear his Cap uniform at rallies and debates, get into character while making sure people can tell the difference between acting and genuine. And the coup de grace, punch his predecessor's lights out after the inaugration (or when he takes the stage) giving a nod to a very infamous cover.
The Rock is American too, but his dad is black and his mom is Samoan so... he's too "other" to get that many votes unless he plays the Trump game and motivates a lot of shitstains behind him. Chris Evans is Aryan. Blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin. The "real" American. Neither would make good presidents though because neither have worked in any form of political fashion. It'd be like having more likable versions of Trump, which I actually don't condone. Just because I like them doesn't mean they're right to lead a nation.

Though I'm sure you were just joking, lol.[/QUOTE]

Half-serious, actually. What I wouldn't give to see Chris Evans in his Cap uniform to punch the hell out of that orange cheeto while winning the elections by a landslide...... Or even better, an All Might cosplayer doing exactly that...

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah. Well, that's certainly an opinion, lol.

Man. Love this show. To hear someone state your own opinions in a funnier, more comprehensive way than you yourself can state them? It feels like getting something off your chest every time you hear it.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I'm not saying criticism of BLM is inherently wrong, but that's not the same as saying they're analogous to the KKK or Nazis. I don't think I would turn to any of those people for a thoughtful and/or concise opinion in regards to this either, but I digress. :cookiehand

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
See some photographs of them doing it, and then they all instantly become Nazis or KKK members. Seems legit. I cringe coming across like I'm defending people like this, but this is just lazy logic on your part, sorry.

That's the point though. You don't get to choose what a protest is for... that's the whole point of the first amendment.
If most of them do Nazi salutes and change Nazi and KKK values, then I don't see how they're not Nazis or KKK. They may not be members of the actual groups, but that's a moot point when they believe in the same things the two hate groups do.

I'm not choosing or anything. I'm just saying, I have no problem with them protesting to protect their monuments. It's just that it's fucked up how it went to a riot for white supremacy, and how many white people fear losing their dominance/power and are scared of going "extinct."
I'm not saying criticism of BLM is inherently wrong, but that's not the same as saying they're analogous to the KKK or Nazis. I don't think I would turn to any of those people for a thoughtful and/or concise opinion in regards to this either, but I digress. :cookiehand
Of course you wouldn't, you're not a right wing/conservative or care for Tomi, O'Reilly, or Hannity. But I'm sure a lot of Trump supporters turn to Hannity, and a lot of right wingers/conservatives turn to O'Reilly as well. Not sure where Tomi stands after outing herself as pro-choice, though.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
xi0 said:
I know it isn't, but Tomi and Bill said that BLM is a terrorist organization. That'd make it analogous to the KKK or Nazis in their eyes, no? Unless they don't think either are terrorist organizations, though if they didn't they wouldn't use those comparisons to condemn BLM.

Was just saying though. Sorry to argue semantics but, you said "nobody"... can't get any less nobody than someone who's on god damn tv, lol. Or was for a while until recently.

On another note: Trump retweeted Jack Posobiec's "Why no outrage at deaths in Chicago" tweet. Had to hurry up and appease the white supremacists he halfway-pseudo-kinda denounced.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
@ninjabot Speaking of The Rock and Chris Evans, there's something else I wanted to add. It is very much true that neither of them have any political experience and that choosing either of them is just choosing a more likable version of Drumpf. But the one thing that I think differentiates them both from the orange cheeto, is that they are more likely willing to learn and listen to those who understands the political stuff better than they do, as opposed to listening their own ego.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Listen America's infrastructure is fuxking Racist!!! Trump is a racist!! The ppl In his cabinet & other sectors of government, are Racist!!!!

If you think BLM group is terroristic your a completely moron, & probably racist. I don't agree with everything they do, but they aren't a hate group or a violent one. So what's the real beef?!

these White nationalist, Kkk Members & Neo-nazi's are the scum of the human race...Fuxkig thieves & murderer's. Now during other minority marches, Police brutality marches, a whole bunch of minorities are getting arrested & such......The fucking hate mongrels get to March, threateningly, beat mofo's up & maybe a few get held in custody for a few hours......

U.S.A doesn't surprise me much anymore. Just Waiting on the nxt Civil War that'll change all the Fuck shit that's wrong wit it now.