- Joined
- Feb 22, 2015
- Messages
- 210
- Reaction score
- 234
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
That's debatable.Reading My Hero Academia today I came to the conclusion that the series would sell more if Mirio was the protagonist. I will not enter in details, for obvious reasons, but I think the majority of people here know what I'm talking about, this week chapter was beyond epic. I will say it here and now: Either this chapters takes first in the TOC or the Japanese readers don't know what they are doing. One Piece was also epic though, so if it is One Piece, it is forgivable.
Though, admittedly, Mirio is a more interesting POV in this arc, because his motivation is more personal than Deku's now.
Deku wanted to save Eri, but was stopped by his senpai, who was a more experienced & level-headed guy.
Mirio on the other hand, decided to "abandon" Eri and feels responsible for leaving her alone, and being a reason why this whole mission has to be done in the first place. He wants to redeem himself, and redemption arcs are quite popular, and it's also an example, what I've meant with a struggling hero in this thread once.
Though, I've agreed more with Deku when he & Mirio faced Overhaul the first time, because of this it's also more interesting to follow Mirio, who wants to do the right thing now.