Games - Mafia Game 58 - Umineko: How to play 13 - END GAME | Page 16 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 58 - Umineko: How to play 13 - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yep I do, there are two people that strike me as suspicious. First is my vote from yesterday, EmptySoul.

As for why, first she started making some random comments in his posts, so basically "faking" activity while actually saying nothing. Then she suddenly voted for Erin shortly after wyis did, like he saw his chance to not gather much attention. Then she follows with this when questioned:

Nope
Was planning on voting her even before WYISs post actually :awe

U and Grysun on the other hand seem pretty eager to get rid of the newbies,looking for some easy kills maybe? :fan
Giving some nonsense reason for his vote, while suddenly attacking Gry and Orgz, simply bc they asked for his reasons. Even the style of his post, with that "oh I'm so mysterious and carefree" attitude just screams newbie mafia, in my eyes. Ofc he doesn't have to be mafia, but it's certainly the most suspicious behaviour so far, together with Emperor Spriggan, who did turn out to be mafia. Considering that Orgz was a townie that doesn't help him either, if Orgz were mafia I would've said that actually speaks for Empty.

My second suspect is xnut, simply because of this post:

Votekill GrySun for now Spriggan slipped up but idk
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Not slip up, excuse me that sounds wrong
Notice how both are jumping on Gry for some random reason? :heh not to mention what he wrote in his post, I don't think I even need to mention this. The "slipped up" part could be a major fuck up from his side, then he realized and suddenly relativized his statement. Actually I'm kinda surprised that no one seems to have noticed besides me, he could definitely be mafia in my eyes.

edit: Changed it from "he" to "she, my bad empty :(

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Notice how both are jumping on Gry for some random reason? :heh not to mention what he wrote in his post, I don't think I even need to mention this. The "slipped up" part could be a major fuck up from his side, then he realized and suddenly relativized his statement. Actually I'm kinda surprised that no one seems to have noticed besides me, he could definitely be mafia in my eyes.
I also suspect xnut for such a random weird vote at the end, he could be in the second mafia or in your mafia even. Acknowledging Spriggan making a mistake while voting me without a reason :lmao

And you making such a pro-Gry post where you use these 2 going for me to try and make you look good in my eyes won't work. Your slipup is even bigger than Spriggan's.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So you say you don't know why I'm jumping on you that much, while at the same time ignoring the main reason I wrote why I suspect you. You knew Spriggan was mafia, you never even once questioned that he would reveal as mafia when lynched. Instead you immediatelly went to argue about my post of "If Spriggan shows mafia then problably...", instead of arguing about whether Spriggan is mafia or not. If you thought he was, you would've voted him, If you thought he wasn't, you wouldn't have attacked that part of my post. And pretending he could be a bomb out of nowhere when basically nothing was pointing towards that is even more of a ridiculous reason not to vote him if you think he's a mafia.

And honestly, I don't get why so few people even voted Spriggan to begin with. He literally put 2 gifs of laughter while saying "looking forward to your sweet tears of defeat" while accepting his death. No townie ever would do that. Yet people still conveniently ignored his post.

As for why you'd protect Spriggan, you still had an hour and a half to go. Many people are usually active near the end of a day. Perhaps you hoped to sway 1/2 people, and have your mafia friends vote on Empty as well. But they didn't want to save Spriggan.

You must've gotten rusty after not playing for so long, but you never questioning that Spriggan is a mafia while still making the post you did is a huge slipup, and after what Panda did in the TG game I told myself to never let these things go by unpunished again. Sorry niichan, but feigning ignorance here and pretending you said so "because you were being nice" by securing yourself and your other members a route for not being suspicious while not voting Spriggan is a very poor play and I'm not letting it pass.

!votekill niichan

I'm hoping everyone else reads this and rereads your last few posts from the previous day, this is such an obvious misplay. @gnut you too, I think you ignored my previous post of accusing niichan and where I talked about you, so please read up on that.
phew you sure are one aggressive fellow :XD

What is the point in arguing about him being mafia or not, he was the most suspicious together with EmptySoul. To me it simply felt like you were jumping the gun, because I had seen that in other games before. Nothing about being rusty or whatever, what mafia member would actually try to make a long ass-post getting all the attention this late in the dayphase, when it was very likely Emperor would get killed? Honestly I was tired as hell from work, if I were mafia I simply would've went for an easy way out, like so many others who simply joined the bandwagon or made a random votekill. I didn't see anyone actually making a valid point why they voted for x person, besides a few among the ones who voted for Emperor. I actually tried to give some valid reasons for my votes. Emperor was likely mafia or someone who can kill after he gets lynched, so this was just a safety measure from my side, and Empty felt equally suspicious going from what I said in my last post.

I really don't know why you're jumping on my case so hard, but I guess there isn't much else to go by :p
sigh, guess you're convinced to the point where I can say whatever I want and you will try to use it framing me as mafia x'D

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
phew you sure are one aggressive fellow :XD

What is the point in arguing about him being mafia or not, he was the most suspicious together with EmptySoul. To me it simply felt like you were jumping the gun, because I had seen that in other games before. Nothing about being rusty or whatever, what mafia member would actually try to make a long ass-post getting all the attention this late in the dayphase, when it was very likely Emperor would get killed? Honestly I was tired as hell from work, if I were mafia I simply would've went for an easy way out, like so many others who simply joined the bandwagon or made a random votekill. I didn't see anyone actually making a valid point why they voted for x person, besides a few among the ones who voted for Emperor. I actually tried to give some valid reasons for my votes. Emperor was likely mafia or someone who can kill after he gets lynched, so this was just a safety measure from my side, and Empty felt equally suspicious going from what I said in my last post.

I really don't know why you're jumping on my case so hard, but I guess there isn't much else to go by :p
sigh, guess you're convinced to the point where I can say whatever I want and you will try to use it framing me as mafia x'D
I'm not :p I just learn from every game I play, and by now I can pinpoint mafias more or less reliably. And letting a random person get lynched when we have you, such a great target for today's lynch, escape unscathed is out of the question. I also remembered a previous game while reading your post which agitated me a bit, I will admit that much :XD

You're asking me what's the point of arguing whether a person is a mafia or not? In the mafia game? :lmao It's day 1, there either a random person gets killed or most people pile on one person who made something questionable. And Spriggan only had 2 votes on him before he made his 100% mafia post. How come you ignored that post of his, not even bothering to ask Spriggan to explain himself, while still thinking Empty is more suspicious? I don't understand that playstyle at all without you making a big mistake.
Spriggan's death wasn't even that likely. He could've come and explained himself, I would've probably moved my vote away from him if he did, and I was watching the rest of the day and waiting for his post despite being busy and on phone. There were also a lot more people who yet had to vote, everything could've happened. You didn't get to talk to all your mafia members yet, so you made that big post to allow them a way out if they don't vote Spriggan, which they may or may not have caught on(it did get a bunch of likes though, but that's an analysis for another day phase). Even if your goal wasn't saving Spriggan you still used his death to your advantage to make everyone randomly voting near the end get less suspected the next day.

Again I told you why I'm on you, you made a big mistake by making it obvious you knew Spriggan was mafia all along. If you're not one of his mafia friends I would be extremely surprised, but the odds of that are nonexistant almost.

I am rather convinced yes, but I hadn't voted you immediately. I waited for your first response, and that was by far not what you had to say to get me to lay off you. Instead you keep repeating not knowing why you're being accused, indirectly hoping to get other people not to vote for you this way.

MonkeyD-Dragon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Well, that is a bad night. Losing both Det and Doc at the same time. Hopefully we can get back at the mafia today.

Not much suspects on my part, and my role isn't really helpful as it works only in specific conditions against specific roles.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
@desin24 true, mafia couldn't aim for de det. Probably because Orgz said something they didn't like. I need to reread his posts. About Demon, either a rival mafia group thought he was mafia or a townie killed him thinking he was mafia. About my suspicions I agree with Empty soul being a suspect since he just voted out of nowhere on D1. I'll tell I have an active role, but as aforementioned I don't really know how to use it properly. Also I'd like to listen more about your roles niisama @niichan and @gnut .

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm not :p I just learn from every game I play, and by now I can pinpoint mafias more or less reliably. And letting a random person get lynched when we have you, such a great target for today's lynch, escape unscathed is out of the question. I also remembered a previous game while reading your post which agitated me a bit, I will admit that much :XD

You're asking me what's the point of arguing whether a person is a mafia or not? In the mafia game? :lmao It's day 1, there either a random person gets killed or most people pile on one person who made something questionable. And Spriggan only had 2 votes on him before he made his 100% mafia post. How come you ignored that post of his, not even bothering to ask Spriggan to explain himself, while still thinking Empty is more suspicious? I don't understand that playstyle at all without you making a big mistake.
Spriggan's death wasn't even that likely. He could've come and explained himself, I would've probably moved my vote away from him if he did, and I was watching the rest of the day and waiting for his post despite being busy and on phone. There were also a lot more people who yet had to vote, everything could've happened. You didn't get to talk to all your mafia members yet, so you made that big post to allow them a way out if they don't vote Spriggan, which they may or may not have caught on(it did get a bunch of likes though, but that's an analysis for another day phase). Even if your goal wasn't saving Spriggan you still used his death to your advantage to make everyone randomly voting near the end get less suspected the next day.

Again I told you why I'm on you, you made a big mistake by making it obvious you knew Spriggan was mafia all along. If you're not one of his mafia friends I would be extremely surprised, but the odds of that are nonexistant almost.

I am rather convinced yes, but I hadn't voted you immediately. I waited for your first response, and that was by far not what you had to say to get me to lay off you. Instead you keep repeating not knowing why you're being accused, indirectly hoping to get other people not to vote for you this way.
I daresay you're not just pretty aggressive but kinda overconfident too :p Have it your way then, I feel like I'm only talking to a wall who has already made up his mind and thinks he's 99% correct bc he can so reliably detect mafia members. Shame not everyone can be as awesome as you, by that thinking all people here with a lot of mafia game experience must've long figured out who's mafia :rolleyes: Not going to argue with you any further on this day, it feels pointless.

@desin24 true, mafia couldn't aim for de det. Probably because Orgz said something they didn't like. I need to reread his posts. About Demon, either a rival mafia group thought he was mafia or a townie killed him thinking he was mafia. About my suspicions I agree with Empty soul being a suspect since he just voted out of nowhere on D1. I'll tell I have an active role, but as aforementioned I don't really know how to use it properly. Also I'd like to listen more about your roles niisama @niichan and @gnut .
Well my role is pretty plain Ange-chan, what about yours?

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well in the matter gnut-niichan I think they are absolutely not together, gnut said many times last day that he wasn't fond of nii's posts and even did a light attempt of bandwagon on him.
As for nii, him protecting Spriggan like that was suspicious (thats unquestionable). I didn't get such strong vibes like Gry but he's definitely suspect. When reading his last posts of D1 it did seem like he was warning his "fellas" of a escape route, now he says he was afraid of voting for him like I did.

Too soon to vote though, I want to hear more from EmptySoul and xnut.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I daresay you're not just pretty aggressive but kinda overconfident too :p Have it your way then, I feel like I'm only talking to a wall who has already made up his mind and thinks he's 99% correct bc he can so reliably detect mafia members. Shame not everyone can be as awesome as you, by that thinking all people here with a lot of mafia game experience must've long figured out who's mafia :rolleyes: Not going to argue with you any further on this day, it feels pointless.
You're just the most obvious target for today by far, though if anyone else comes and makes themselves more suspicious I can always vote away from you. Have it your way, I got your answers to my questions. Before that I was still only guessing, but your answers gave me the final push I needed to commit like this. Not sure how the game was played longer ago but don't take accusations so heavily negatively, and don't say defending yourself is "talking to a wall" when you're not making a case for yourself at all. Can't blame me for that. :p

Will look forward to what others have to say. I already got you with Spriggan's help, may get more of your mafias from how people react here. But so far several people were here but they all seemed..."scared" almost to take a stance in this arguing.
And now he's dead......

:notsure
I agree Empty was somewhat shady, but it's unlike you to misrepresent quotes like this Bel. The last part you quoted with Empty telling Orgz he's making a mistake is her reaction to Orgz's vote on Empty a few posts above. Iirc Empty said the same thing to...niichan? Or someone else who voted her, telling them they're mistaken. That part had nothing to do with Spriggan, why would you add that on?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Well in the matter gnut-niichan I think they are absolutely not together, gnut said many times last day that he wasn't fond of nii's posts and even did a light attempt of bandwagon on him.
As for nii, him protecting Spriggan like that was suspicious (thats unquestionable). I didn't get such strong vibes like Gry but he's definitely suspect. When reading his last posts of D1 it did seem like he was warning his "fellas" of a escape route, now he says he was afraid of voting for him like I did.

Too soon to vote though, I want to hear more from EmptySoul and xnut.
Yeah I too think that gnut and niichan aren't in the same group, or if they are that's some great act from greg. But one of them has to be a mafia, and if we can rule greg out with his amount of early hints then that just leaves niichan. Read some of his day 2 posts too, I know you'll notice it too.

Reactions: Nii

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I agree Empty was somewhat shady, but it's unlike you to misrepresent quotes like this Bel. The last part you quoted with Empty telling Orgz he's making a mistake is her reaction to Orgz's vote on Empty a few posts above. Iirc Empty said the same thing to...niichan? Or someone else who voted her, telling them they're mistaken. That part had nothing to do with Spriggan, why would you add that on?
The only reference to Spriggan is the first part where she tried to play off his behavior. The rest is just her in general. I've been side eyeing her movements since yesterday. Both her and Xnut actually. And just because she said the same to niichan doesn't make her any less suspicious. It's just covering her tracks if you look closely enough. Besides if niichan is mafia like you strongly think, and she is too, then that makes it even better.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well gry my "talking to a wall" comment was you using words like "reliably" and "nonexistent", which made you sound like you're convinced anyway, like you absolutely believe you're correct. I'm not taking anything negatively, I'm just not really fond of that kinda playing/posting style, but it's all in the game anyway, so absolutely no hard feelings. Mafia games just get everyone a little agitated, but as long as it stays in the game all is fine :nod

And I think Belse makes another valid point. I'm not going to vote yet, first wanna hear what Empty and xnut have to say, but for now I will vote for one of the two.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
The only reference to Spriggan is the first part where she tried to play off his behavior. The rest is just her in general. I've been side eyeing her movements since yesterday. Both her and Xnut actually. And just because she said the same to niichan doesn't make her any less suspicious. It's just covering her tracks if you look closely enough. Besides if niichan is mafia like you strongly think, and she is too, then that makes it even better.
Hm, would Empty be one of Spriggan/niichan's mafias is niichan is mafia? Wasn't niichan going for her yesterday and still suspects her? I think Empty may just be in the second mafia, if there is one. What do you think about niichan and how he knew Spriggan would show as mafia?

Well gry my "talking to a wall" comment was you using words like "reliably" and "nonexistent", which made you sound like you're convinced anyway, like you absolutely believe you're correct. I'm not taking anything negatively, I'm just not really fond of that kinda playing/posting style, but it's all in the game anyway, so absolutely no hard feelings. Mafia games just get everyone a little agitated, but as long as it stays in the game all is fine :nod

And I think Belse makes another valid point. I'm not going to vote yet, first wanna hear what Empty and xnut have to say, but for now I will vote for one of the two.
Ah, well I usually lack confidence a lot in these games, was played like a fiddle several times like that despite being on the right path and having the right hunches. You would've loved playing with me in the past few games, it was so easy to make me doubt things and reconsider. So I'm trying to go for my suspects this time and not letting small things shake me, so sorry if you don't like how I sound. The "nonexistent" I only recall using about Spriggan being a bomb, that was very random and not sure why anyone would think that so I said I knew no reason that pointed towards that. As for "reliably", I said "somewhat-reliably" :XD Of course I still make mistakes and feel quite bad about them later, I will probably make a lot of mistakes this game too. But I do get a few mafias right in every game, and it's always founded on something and not just gut feeling. Though when I lynched townies I had founded reasons too I admit :lmao

Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
@niichan/Battler
would you swear on Ange, Sakura Matou and Yui Yuigahama that you are a townie in this Mafia Game?

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
@niichan/Battler
would you swear on Ange, Sakura Matou and Yui Yuigahama that you are a townie in this Mafia Game?
Naturally, I swear :mono

Ah, well I usually lack confidence a lot in these games, was played like a fiddle several times like that despite being on the right path and having the right hunches. You would've loved playing with me in the past few games, it was so easy to make me doubt things and reconsider. So I'm trying to go for my suspects this time and not letting small things shake me, so sorry if you don't like how I sound. The "nonexistent" I only recall using about Spriggan being a bomb, that was very random and not sure why anyone would think that so I said I knew no reason that pointed towards that. As for "reliably", I said "somewhat-reliably" :XD Of course I still make mistakes and feel quite bad about them later, I will probably make a lot of mistakes this game too. But I do get a few mafias right in every game, and it's always founded on something and not just gut feeling. Though when I lynched townies I had founded reasons too I admit :lmao
:cop

MonkeyD-Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
While I do find nii suspicious , I think there are other people who are also in the circle of suspicion, mainly xnut,gnut and emptysoul now that I look back at things from day 1. Though I will take my time to vote, since there is plenty.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Naturally, I swear :mono
No Red Truth.

I honestly expected a Red Truth right away from a townie who finished Umineko and currently is playing a Umineko-themed MG.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
@niichan/Battler
We already found out that this is useless syx. You already forgot both Lambu and Demon from your last game?

Oh that :XD It's because that's the only way I see how you could know Spriggan was mafia at day 1. Can't even be explained with any other role since it was the start of the game.
While I do find nii suspicious , I think there are other people who are also in the circle of suspicion, mainly xnut,gnut and emptysoul now that I look back at things from day 1. Though I will take my time to vote, since there is plenty.
I admit there are other suspicious people. Mainly xnut and Empty(gnut hinted way too much at day 1 for him to have a group of people working with him, he would never lay himself open like that so I trust him because of that. But niichan is a great way to continue our chain from Spriggan, if he shows as mafia we can probably keep going the same way on others like xnut. I think we shouldn't focus other targets right now.

Though I'm honestly kinda disappointed @Vandred didn't notice that, in the JoJo game he noticed so many weird plays even the less significant ones.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I honestly don't believe Demon was a mafia kill. He is, by default, one of the most suspicious players in the game, killing him is pretty detrimental to the mafia cause unless they believed him to be part of a possible second mafia.
It could be, so it would mean that either one party couldn't perform a kill either was blocked or someone being protected or fail for various reasons , assuming ofc there's 2 mafia or 1 mafia +2d killing party.

I still have trouble to figure out how many notes there are, if theres more than 1 which seems likely to be the case according to warious hints, it maybe means that only one has been used ? so what about potential other(s) note(s).
Also this bothers me a lot :
"The person the guests killed earlier was emanating some weak energy.
It can’t harm us, but just a few of these bad guests can kill a cute guest. Easily.
"
[...]
"Not to mention... That rule could make multiple Notes a pro...
Wait, how do you know a bad guest has a Note, anyway?
Oh... I don't know...
Something… Lambda said... Yeah, I don't feel the Note is safe
"
Will do a recap Asap :)

MonkeyD-Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I admit there are other suspicious people. Mainly xnut and Empty(gnut hinted way too much at day 1 for him to have a group of people working with him, he would never lay himself open like that so I trust him because of that. But niichan is a great way to continue our chain from Spriggan, if he shows as mafia we can probably keep going the same way on others like xnut. I think we shouldn't focus other targets right now.
I do see where the chain from Spriggan comes from, though I'll keep that in mind. I will be voting soon and will be gone afterwards because it will be early morning for me when the game ends and I might not be awake by that time. I'll do some rereading for day 1 for now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.