T
By the way, while reading chapter 149 I have noticed this
http://bato.to/reader#c50a29a1a3771874_14
The guy from Xing is asking who are the people who point swords at Kouren and he asks if they are really citizens of the Xing kingdom. I think Aniela had this theory that Kai may be involved in this whole mess in Xing, so maybe it will turn out to be true.
I will at least read few more chapters as the above possibility of another country being involved and Su-won’s remark about the Fire tribe beacon make me kind of interested.
Ah yes, I had that theory ^.^ I put it out on the previous form though, so I'll repeat it here.
I suspected that Kai may be involved in the Xing-Kouka affairs, secretly pulling the strings to cause a war. First, what I noticed:
1. I thought it weird that Su-won was so set on war from the very beginning. It made sense that he would like to launch a preemptive strike, but only in case he was certain that Xing is going to attack Kouka. Which he stated that would happen, so I bought it at the beginning of the arc - but then Kouren agreed to consider peace talks pretty easily, which got me thinking.
2. Simultaneously Xing people seemed absolutely certain that Kouka is going to invade them, and too wanted to launch a preemptive strike... Which really just looked like a self-fueling circle with uncertain beginning.
So I thought that perhaps Kai is involved. They could have agents/spies stationed here and there, infiltrating Su-won's network, so he thought that there's no chance for peace with Xing. They would also go around Xing spreading fear that Kouka is going to invade soon, and possibly also scaring people even more with the tales of "the Kouka's beasts".
Why would Kai do it?
1. They could be afraid that the two countries would unite against Kai.
2. They could also - more likely - plan to invade Kouka while it was warring with Xing, taking it by surprise.
3. Basically when two quarrel, a third wins.
Also, from the writer's standpoint, it would be a neat way to introduce Kai into the story, simultaneously showing how powerful they are (if they could reach as far as Xing and Su-won's spy network).
However, the page that
@Aylinn pointed out suggests that Kai - if it was Kai - was actually supporting Gobi, who claimed to want peace. So perhaps he was supposed to be Kai's puppet ruler after Kouren and Tao are both disposed of, or maybe they were planning to betray him eventually.
Though, to be honest, after this arc I'm hesitant to expect anything too clever. It could very well be there just because in the author's mind all Xing people are good and there's absolutely no chance that any of them would serve an evil man for money or any other reason, so she made them foreigners.