Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
That Nisioisin one shot looks really cool, this could become a full series. Again, my problem with oneshots is that they might never become serialized.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Fujimaki read our conversation yesterday about the lack of robots in manga so he gave us a tease of what could have been kek

I would totally read Robots vs Gorillas manga
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
Do you guys know how long Viz takes until they put a jump start manga into English Shonen Jump? I'm not sure they will do Lycopene, Fulldrive, & Golem Hearts but for future reference.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Do you guys know how long Viz takes until they put a jump start manga into English Shonen Jump? I'm not sure they will do Lycopene, Fulldrive, & Golem Hearts but for future reference.
If the manga is guaranteed to fail they'll add it.
If not, they'll wait till it's over 100 chapters in.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,937
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Do you guys know how long Viz takes until they put a jump start manga into English Shonen Jump? I'm not sure they will do Lycopene, Fulldrive, & Golem Hearts but for future reference.
HeroAca was 29 or so chapters when it got added. We Never Learn was at least enough chapters that they had to double up for a few weeks. Promised Neverland was immediately added.

Its doubtful any of those three would be added.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Do you guys know how long Viz takes until they put a jump start manga into English Shonen Jump? I'm not sure they will do Lycopene, Fulldrive, & Golem Hearts but for future reference.
Lycopene wont be added because the comedy/story simply doesn't transition well into English.

I have a feeling both Fulldrive and Golem Hearts will get the axe, so I doubt they'll even add
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Btw, does anyone remember the Adult Swim version of the Crayon Shin Chan English dub.
Where they basically took a bunch of episodes and clips from the Japanese anime and completely reconstructed it and and created it own plots and comedy that would resonate more with an American audience. Basically like an abridged YouTube series.


Where I'm getting at is, If Lycopene ever took off and got an anime I feel like it would be there perfect series to do this with. Use clips from the anime and dub it over with American style comedy.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Neverland PV for being 1st Place in Kono Manga ga Sugoi! 2018
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,937
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Neverland PV for being 1st Place in Kono Manga ga Sugoi! 2018
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Weird PV to use for the manga, like 7/8ths of the trailer is all post escape the farm and wall. I would have focused more on the escape from the house. And also the otherworldly creatures were not even shown either...Not doing either really seems to convey a different message than what it really is about.
 

orangeman

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 6, 2017
Messages
33
Reaction score
11
Age
46
Country
United Arab Emirates
Do you guys know how long Viz takes until they put a jump start manga into English Shonen Jump? I'm not sure they will do Lycopene, Fulldrive, & Golem Hearts but for future reference.
There's no guarantee any series will get in at all. I think Kimetsu no Yaiba is still not in there for some reason, so I have no idea what Viz is thinking sometimes. Will get awkward when KnY inevitably gets its anime and the series get a lot more attention.
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
Neverland PV for being 1st Place in Kono Manga ga Sugoi! 2018
Man, I love Gyudon and Lafin's work. Every single video they make is 100/10, I'm such a big fan.
Ever since winning the Tokyo Ghoul MAD competition Gyudon has done masterpiece by masterpiece imo. And Lafin's PV music is better than half the music I listen regularly. At this point I follow them as the plague even if I don't even read the series they work on, lol.

The music for the Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol1 CM was so good that the 30 second original commercial music got guitar covers on Youtube and NicoNico, lol.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
The Promised Neverland : 6 volumes : 3 200 000
Holy shit! That's a big leap from last time, which was like October, where the manga had 2.1 million copies in print.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Do you guys know how long Viz takes until they put a jump start manga into English Shonen Jump? I'm not sure they will do Lycopene, Fulldrive, & Golem Hearts but for future reference.
Depends on reception and how much they want a new series during a given batch. If they definitely plan to keep something around but nothing stands out obviously on top generally you'll see the pickups happen a chapter or two after the last of the batch ends, although if something's overwhelmingly well received they'll add it on chapter 4. If they're not pre-planning to pick one up however and the reception of the series is just decent/passable, chances are they'll not bother with any of them (they still haven't picked up Kimetsu for example despite it being a perfect fit for their battle shounen loving audience and it becoming a solid hit in Japan).
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Wow.
This is insane.
TPN grows more and more.
If they do the anime right and if everything goes well and it takes off, Neverland could pull off some scary numbers.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Here's another celebratory illustration because Neverland got 1st place on Kono Sugoi.


Apparently you can read the first six v̶o̶l̶u̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶ chapters for free now on Jump+ , I don't know if it's only for a limited time though or if it's permanent.
 
Last edited:

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
If they do the anime right and if everything goes well and it takes off, Neverland could pull off some scary numbers.
If all goes well, Neverland can sell more than 1 million per volume after the anime.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Here's another celebratory illustration because Neverland got 1st place on Kono Sugoi.


Apparently you can read the first six volumes for free now on Jump+ , I don't know if it's only for a limited time though or if it's permanent.
First 6 chapters, not volumes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top