Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I just hope Oda doesn't hype it too much to the point that it falls flat.
Kishimoto if FINALLY debut a new series. Wasn't he supposed to do this in 2016? Better late than never I guess.

Anything new information related to Bleach?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I just hope Oda doesn't hype it too much to the point that it falls flat.
Kishimoto if FINALLY debut a new series. Wasn't he supposed to do this in 2016? Better late than never I guess.

Anything new information related to Bleach?
I wonder if Kishimoto's new manga will even be in WSJ.

Isn't Bleach done and dusted? The author is going to have a one-shot soon.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Kishimoto has shown interest in Jump Plus before, so it’ll be interesting where it gets serialised. On one hand, it could do wonders for Plus. On the other hand, they may want him in Jump, even with an irregular schedule as it’ll likely grow into more of a cash cow.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm just excited to see where Kishimoto's goes from m here. He mentioned working on a sci-fi before, but this doesn't look very Sci-fi
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Yeah and it's kinda hard to tell what is going on in the drafts because the image quality.

I think they'll probably put Kishimoto in Jump Plus so that it could boost interest just like DBS for V-Jump.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Yeah and it's kinda hard to tell what is going on in the drafts because the image quality.

I think they'll probably put Kishimoto in Jump Plus so that it could boost interest just like DBS for V-Jump.
How does Jump+ work in Japan? Is it an app? Or is it something where you download chapters to individual series? Or do you download an entire magazine weekly?
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How does Jump+ work in Japan? Is it an app? Or is it something where you download chapters to individual series? Or do you download an entire magazine weekly?
Individual chapters through a website/app, different series update every day.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Individual chapters through a website/app, different series update every day.
does V-Jump work the same? Kodansha does "Magazine Pocket" and I'm guessing it's the same.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
does V-Jump work the same? Kodansha does "Magazine Pocket" and I'm guessing it's the same.
V Jump is an actual physical magazine that gets published every month.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Whatever happened to Megaton Musashi? the Level 5/WSJ collab they have been teasing for 2 years now?

did I somehow missed it?
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I wonder if Kishimoto's new manga will even be in WSJ.

Isn't Bleach done and dusted? The author is going to have a one-shot soon.
I meant anything related to the upcoming movie.
Also, doesn't bleach also have some sort of special chapter in connection to the movie?

I'm looking forward to Kubo's oneshot.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Whatever happened to Megaton Musashi? the Level 5/WSJ collab they have been teasing for 2 years now?

did I somehow missed it?
I haven't heard anything on that front in a bit. I saw how Level 5 is pushing another mixed media project. Level 5 has been delaying these types of projects, so we will see if they still collaboration with Jump.

Edit; also, I haven't seen any news updated on Mevaton Musashi since last year.
 
Last edited:

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
I'm just excited to see where Kishimoto's goes from m here. He mentioned working on a sci-fi before, but this doesn't look very Sci-fi
Yeah and it's kinda hard to tell what is going on in the drafts because the image quality.
Apparently it will be something about samurai.
I see some characters with katanas.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
ready for advance autism credit to /a/nons


pretty cool I guess
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Are thare news regarding Jojo and Haikyuu?
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
would you guys consider Kishi artistically better, if not a better character designer, than Oda
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
would you guys consider Kishi artistically better, if not a better character designer, than Oda
Nah, I don't really consider Kishi better than Oda at anything. Oda is probably better at paying bills too, 11 million 2017 babyy.
---------
By the way, this cool new My Hero Academia x Kenshi Yonezu [Peace Sign] Special Music video just dropped. The visuals they used for it were awesome.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Just thinking here, BC is getting CP this week, so there's high chances of we getting informations about the singers of the new OP and ED (since we're already ep12 tomorrow), right? Mars character design too/some poster or designs about the Dungeon arc starting...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top