- Joined
- Apr 7, 2015
- Messages
- 803
- Reaction score
- 519
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Thats because Destiny 2 sold more digital copies than physical.(at least in the USA).^ You're actually right. I did not get that reference at all.
Thats because Destiny 2 sold more digital copies than physical.(at least in the USA).^ You're actually right. I did not get that reference at all.
All three pale in comparison to HxH. What's your point?Both pale on comparison with HeroAca
I don't read HxH.All three pale in comparison to HxH. What's your point?
Meanwhile with HxH's story-telling...
![]()
Found it on reddit. Togashi is a madman indeed
BC and KnY are selling and dropping off the charts at the same amount.Yeah, like i said before, BC won't even reach Toriko level of sales. Shueisha should stop pushing mangas just because they are a battle shonen and sell well in the beginning, and push things like Neverland and Kimetsu no Yaiba, mangas who didn't start selling well, but the "WOM" was so good, they are now a sucess.
Yeah that's everything happening in the current arc. Shits crazy lolI don't read HxH.
is that all the plots still going in the overall series?
OAll three pale in comparison to HxH. What's your point?
Meanwhile with HxH's story-telling...
![]()
Found it on reddit. Togashi is a madman indeed
Just because it's dense doesn't mean it's hard to understand.I think that, like contemporary art, which you don't understand quite well why it is art, but you think it's cool anyway, complex mangas are the same for some readers, like, "I don't understand at all, but it is cool!". XD
Oda is the master of simple yet complex story, he really knows how to make you understand despite the grandiose universe he has built. It is one of the reasons it is long in my opinion, he doesn't pick a huge block of plot and expect you to shallow it all at once.
Well, I disagree a bit because in Dressrosa I found the thing somewhat convoluted/messy. It made the experience a little annoying.I think that, like contemporary art, which you don't understand quite well why it is art, but you think it's cool anyway, complex mangas are the same for some readers, like, "I don't understand at all, but it is cool!". XD
Oda is the master of simple yet complex story, he really knows how to make you understand despite the grandiose universe he has built. It is one of the reasons it is long in my opinion, he doesn't pick a huge block of plot and expect you to shallow it all at once.
I think the best stories are the ones that the author creates it in such a way that you understand without having to explain everything in detail. Too much exposure is bad for pacing and overall enjoyment.Just because it's dense doesn't mean it's hard to understand.
Hunter x Hunter is pretty accessible yet also very richly detailed.
It's a very hard thing to pull off and Togashi pulls it off extremely well (even if I think he overuses text dumps, but as another user said he's also brilliant with subtle visual storytelling)
Agreed. Then again though, he takes such long breaks that he has ample time to write down things in great detail.I think the opposite. The level of detail in regards to everything in HxH is pretty impressive.
Games is a completely different market. Digital games are booming. Just like how digital songs and albums are booming in the music industry. It's not just a one-off example. It's how most media are consumed in those markets these days. Manga is a different story. Digital market hasn't caught on yet.Thats because Destiny 2 sold more digital copies than physical.(at least in the USA).
Digital market has already overtaken physical print sales in Japan.Games is a completely different market. Digital games are booming. Just like how digital songs and albums are booming in the music industry. It's not just a one-off example. It's how most media are consumed in those markets these days. Manga is a different story. Digital market hasn't caught on yet.
I don't think its the degree of complexity or the amount of detail that goes into the strategy is issue of contention here. I think the main issue is that Togashi is focusing so much on the thinking process and strategies (which may not be that complex to begin with), it comes at the cost of character development and by extension reader investment into the characters.It not even complex, everything from the actual nen abilities, to the thinking process of characters and strategies is super detailed. I doubt anyone who didn't put effort into their story could do what Togashi does with HxH and have it make sense