What trap do you feel like all these canceled adventures have done that My Hero and BC avoided? I agree with what you said but I’m honestly curious. I didn’t think MHA got good until Deku arrived at UA. BC I’m unsure of when the jump of enjoyment occurred for me cause I’m not sure it occurred yet.
not the person you asked, but
They both to me are quite lucky to appear on jump at the right time, but luck is not the only factor at play here. because they are really cliche when you break their plot down tbh.
both have flawed a MC with a better rival, who (1 willingly and another unwillingly) knew the MC worth. they both have a clear goal and a figure they look up to.
both need to enroll in something in order to achieved said goal.
all of that really sounds like generic battle shounen.
what caused them to have a hook factor is the premise and pacing.
MHA have the superhero setting which thanks to the MCU is a big thing worldwide.
BC got the more cliche Magical land and item that give you power but I don't really remember the last time Jump have that.
Their pacing pacing were really fast with BC even more so than MHA.
MHA 1st chapter was amazing the including the 2nd chapter could be a whole arc to some series.
BC seems like it knew it is cliche and blaze through the early chapter
I want to write more but writing on my phone sucks
edit:ironic since this is also a long ass post