Games Mafia Game 64 - One-Punch Man Edition - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Don't worry, it's all a plan for when I eventually get Bomb/Bulletproof and they screw themselves over
:copNow everyone knows your plan!



:grumble How many early deaths does it take to get to these roles???
 

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
Wait a second, I just realized... @Elusia you fucking killed me lmao

My luck... janitor kills one person the entire game and it results in my slow and painful death. :cookiestare
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I suppose the rest is a matter of perspective, but I'd like to say two things about the Lover thing.

-A lot of people actually use their Poisoner early on N1 one time, then forget about him til the end of the game. So if he's left on the sidelines it'd be after night 1 or night 2. And even if we ignore that, the Lover player is still in theory the most likely to be selected for kills regardless of his role, because of what you said about their fear for Zasz being Unskilled, and with Strongman being a 1-shot and Mafia Det being so valuable, many would most likely resort to either poison usage or having him kill normally, so in that setting I don't think he'd be left safe from blocks/investigations.
Well, this particular mafia chose otherwise and used their Zasz right away :derp So I don't know how likely the opposite would really be. Still, either option made the role viable for its purpose, the way I saw it.

But seeing you mention the Poisoner being able to kill normally... Is that a thing? He can choose whether to poison or just kill on the same night he strikes? I thought he'd always have to poison, like the Janitor has to "clean up" or the Strongman has to hyperkill the first time he gets chosen as the hitman. :hmm That would make it a more versatile Lover, then.


-The incentivise thing is a minor part of giving them a good combo, the bigger reason to bother with it is to increase their chances from 0 to something. Like I tried with the Jesus, but then the other Lover got killed :emocat Sure they're very often unlucky, but that's just chance. Eventually they have to be lucky(right?), and that's when having a good combo will come into play. Or having a threesome. Shouldn't give up on it just because they often don't make it.
Sure, but I didn't like the idea of giving them every possible advantage to maximize their chances of success. If on one hand we shouldn't give up on the role because it's had horrible luck so far, on the other we shouldn't include Threesome Candidates and give the Lovers OP role combos every time we include Lovers in a setup either. And in this game, the idea was to focus on a day-phase advantage and lying low for most of the game rather than providing them with chances to respawn and kill whoever they choose with little to no opposition. :edu

Besides, from a perspective of pure statistical observation, the more powerful the role of either Lover, the more likely it will meet a premature end and alter the balance early on. :rolleyes:


And I agree with getting rid of their other win condition, already tried testing that the other game but that test got @Holt-ed. Though even if they had assassin + jesus again in your game they'd probably still not play together, that was just you being unlucky with those two being lovers again... Which would bring us back to the randomizer talks for Lovers :rolleyes: But that talk is at an impasse so doubt there'll be any conclusions from that. Maybe the win condition change, + praying the two stop being lovers, is enough.
Fixed that pun for you :derp

But yeah, it's impressive how even the KnB game, which was probably the setup most likely to be won by a third party I've seen (either by the strong Lover combo or by the Mentor in that small a game), ended up in a townie win. :lambirb
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, this particular mafia chose otherwise and used their Zasz right away :derp So I don't know how likely the opposite would really be. Still, either option made the role viable for its purpose, the way I saw it.

But seeing you mention the Poisoner being able to kill normally... Is that a thing? He can choose whether to poison or just kill on the same night he strikes? I thought he'd always have to poison, like the Janitor has to "clean up" or the Strongman has to hyperkill the first time he gets chosen as the hitman. :hmm That would make it a more versatile Lover, then.




Sure, but I didn't like the idea of giving them every possible advantage to maximize their chances of success. If on one hand we shouldn't give up on the role because it's had horrible luck so far, on the other we shouldn't include Threesome Candidates and give the Lovers OP role combos every time we include Lovers in a setup either. And in this game, the idea was to focus on a day-phase advantage and lying low for most of the game rather than providing them with chances to respawn and kill whoever they choose with little to no opposition. :edu

Besides, from a perspective of pure statistical observation, the more powerful the role of either Lover, the more likely it will meet a premature end and alter the balance early on. :rolleyes:



Fixed that pun for you :derp

But yeah, it's impressive how even the KnB game, which was probably the setup most likely to be won by a third party I've seen (either by the strong Lover combo or by the Mentor in that small a game), ended up in a townie win. :lambirb
Bro...i was like one day away from winning as a serial killer...maybe 2.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Bro...i was like one day away from winning as a serial killer...maybe 2.
Three, I think, if you're talking about the SnK game :nerd

But I meant setups that were constructed as being more easily winnable by a third party, and a Serial Killer in a 24-player game does definitely not make it fall in the category. :p

Of course you'd rock that ungrateful role even in those circumstances :hip
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top