A Fateful Encounter | Page 101 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work

• Total voters

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
pixiv has new interface? Have you checked nii?

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm done with S2, which seems to be the last episode so far. And yes, I know overlord has more qualities. Personally I like how he doubles as Ainz and Adamantine Black Hero Mommon. Plus there are some commendable twists. And I do like his caution even though the great tomb of Nazarick and it's inhabitants are insanely strong. There was the old priest who apparently might be on par with Ainz. Also, I like Sebas and Tuare's story. Albedo and Shalltear are hilarious with their lust for Ainz XD. The lizardmen/Cocotyus story was nice too, Crusch and Shasha's tail wagging was rather hilarious too. And of course there are many more. The Clementine scene was immensely gratifying especially considering she killed all the others and was stupidly arrogant.

It feels kinda unfair that Ainz and his group are so OP though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Btw I need more anime nii..for now what I have lined up to watch are (in no particular order):
  1. Hinamatsuri (saw it's top in Anime League. That's also why I saw overlord too)
  2. Aldonah Zero (dunno if you heard of it...but got it from a friend.)
  3. Fate Apocrypha (From anime league too)
  4. Hellsing Ultimate (from that list back then XD)
  5. Tengen Toppa Guren Langan (same as above)
I also finished Mahoutsukai no Yome last week I think. It was a pretty cool tale. Well I haven't been able to pull out walls on anything else because Umi XD

So what are you comments on these? Any I should prioritize first (guess you'll say either Hina or TTGL), any I shouldnt watch (know you said Fate Apocrypha isnt that good but will still see it anyway). Also, any I should include? Btw I think now it's just Haikyuu from that list I haven't watched yet or don't have yet.

EDIT: seems there's one more from the list. Shinsekia Yori..but I'm not big on horror though (which you said it was). Fun facts, 2 days ago made it exactly 3 years since you gave me that list. And its its a year since you introduced G-Senjou no Maou and Umineko to me. Sure come a long way haha :p
Sebas Best Butler :hip But yeah, I think Overlord has a pretty good cast overall. What it lacks in great fights the show makes up for with interesting characters and interactions, in my eyes at least. For example you wouldn't really get a story about lizardmen (which usually are fodder in such stories or games) in any other show, and Crusch/Zaryusu were really adorable and hilarious together xD I agree that Ainz and his crew feel too OP at times, hence why I was glad that Evileye could at least defeat one of the Pleiades maids lol.

Btw, you might wanna check the S2 thread for Overlord here, Jammin read the Light Novels and explained or pointed out some stuff that was missing in the season, or could easily be missed. To give an example, did you remember the scene with Demiurge about his "farm" and the "Albion sheep" he's raising there? That was supposed to be a sort of inside joke (only from Demiurge's perspective though) with Ainz, who misunderstands and thinks Demiurge is talking about Chimeras. Demiurge meant that he's raising and skinning humans though, so basically it's a farm to harvest humans in multiple ways lol... which is pretty dark if you think about it, but makes sense, considering the vast majority of the Nazarick guys considers humans nothing but vermin or livestock. It's another aspect I like about Overlord, those guys really are evil, and it's not just for show xD

Another example would be an "official" power ranking among the guardians:

#1 Shaltear (With the best all around combat skills)
#2 Mare (With the best AOE abilities)
#3 Cocytus (With the best weapons skills)
#4 Sebas (With the best hand to hand skills)
#5 Albedo (With the strongest defense)
#7 Aura (Who is the strongest in group battles)
#8 Demiurge (Who is "the strongest in a manly sense" in his third form. Whatever that means.)

* Victim (Who isn't strong but is the best at delaying the enemy)

And dude, Aldnoah Zero is bad... really bad, if you ask me. It has a good soundtrack and the start is pretty okay, but especially the second season is a freaking mess for the most part. You're free to watch it ofc, but you really aren't missing anything if you don't. And if you're wondering, the show has a bad reputation in general, it ain't just me :p

But wow, it's been a whole three years :lmao I'm disappointed that you're not done with my recs even after three years :p On the other hand I'm amazed that you actually read the two VNs I recced you ;) but wait, you read Tsukihime too... so you actually read three VNs, that's more than almost everyone I know here haha. You really should read Fate/Stay Night next :toc
Back on topic... Your list looks good otherwise. I checked my old post, did you watch Toradora and Bakemono too? Seems I totally forgot if you did... and from that list you guessed right, I would say go for Hinamatsuri and TTGL first. Hinamatsuri is a great comedy with some nice drama mixed in, though the MC is actually far from the best char (Anzu > Hitomi >>>> Hina, just saying : D). TTGL is iconic, just watch it~ You should really watch Haikyuu too btw, it's great. Pretty sure you will like that show.

And boy, you already want new recs? Hmm

Oregairu: https://myanimelist.net/anime/14813/Yahari_Ore_no_Seishun_Love_Comedy_wa_Machigatteiru (especially S2 is plain awesome, loved it to death xD)
Kokoro Connect: https://myanimelist.net/anime/11887/Kokoro_Connect (another great show in my eyes, and it's about switching bodies, what more could a boy ask for? :aweIt has best girl Inaban too)
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: https://myanimelist.net/anime/9756/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka★Magica (the show that basically invented grim and dark magical girl stories)
Jojo: https://myanimelist.net/anime/14719/JoJo_no_Kimyou_na_Bouken_TV (this is a really long one, because it has multiple seasons. There's nothing quite like Jojo, a unique "action adventure". Arc 2 is especially great)
Kill la Kill: https://myanimelist.net/anime/18679/Kill_la_Kill (not sure if you saw this one, but I would only watch that after TTGL, because it's from mostly the same guys. Meaning if you liked TTGL, there's a good chance you will like KlK, too. Kind of a really divisive show, but it's greatness in my eyes)
Hibike! Euphonium: https://myanimelist.net/anime/27989/Hibike_Euphonium (lots of good drama and characters, and nice music to boost : D)

Okay, I think that's enough for now... :XD

pixiv has new interface? Have you checked nii?
Doesn't look all that different, but I miss the "similar pictures" function you had on the sidebar when looking at a pic =/ Was a good way to find some great art by chance. Guess it's more about the individual artist you're looking at now...

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Sebas Best Butler :hip But yeah, I think Overlord has a pretty good cast overall. What it lacks in great fights the show makes up for with interesting characters and interactions, in my eyes at least. For example you wouldn't really get a story about lizardmen (which usually are fodder in such stories or games) in any other show, and Crusch/Zaryusu were really adorable and hilarious together xD I agree that Ainz and his crew feel too OP at times, hence why I was glad that Evileye could at least defeat one of the Pleiades maids lol.

Btw, you might wanna check the S2 thread for Overlord here, Jammin read the Light Novels and explained or pointed out some stuff that was missing in the season, or could easily be missed. To give an example, did you remember the scene with Demiurge about his "farm" and the "Albion sheep" he's raising there? That was supposed to be a sort of inside joke (only from Demiurge's perspective though) with Ainz, who misunderstands and thinks Demiurge is talking about Chimeras. Demiurge meant that he's raising and skinning humans though, so basically it's a farm to harvest humans in multiple ways lol... which is pretty dark if you think about it, but makes sense, considering the vast majority of the Nazarick guys considers humans nothing but vermin or livestock. It's another aspect I like about Overlord, those guys really are evil, and it's not just for show xD

Another example would be an "official" power ranking among the guardians:

#1 Shaltear (With the best all around combat skills)
#2 Mare (With the best AOE abilities)
#3 Cocytus (With the best weapons skills)
#4 Sebas (With the best hand to hand skills)
#5 Albedo (With the strongest defense)
#7 Aura (Who is the strongest in group battles)
#8 Demiurge (Who is "the strongest in a manly sense" in his third form. Whatever that means.)

* Victim (Who isn't strong but is the best at delaying the enemy)
Ah yeah, I recall Ainz saying Shalltear is the strongest guardian back when he fought her...I'm kinda surprised Albedo is that far down though, considering she's the leader of the guardians, though of course that itself doesn't necessarily imply anything about strength. The most surprising is demiurge though. I thought he'd be one of the strongest XD

And yeah, Sebas is awesome haha

And dude, Aldnoah Zero is bad... really bad, if you ask me. It has a good soundtrack and the start is pretty okay, but especially the second season is a freaking mess for the most part. You're free to watch it ofc, but you really aren't missing anything if you don't. And if you're wondering, the show has a bad reputation in general, it ain't just me :p
Well, guess that's a no then. Not gonna watch it if you say this much haha XD

But wow, it's been a whole three years :lmao I'm disappointed that you're not done with my recs even after three years :p On the other hand I'm amazed that you actually read the two VNs I recced you ;) but wait, you read Tsukihime too... so you actually read three VNs, that's more than almost everyone I know here haha. You really should read Fate/Stay Night next :toc
Back on topic... Your list looks good otherwise. I checked my old post, did you watch Toradora and Bakemono too? Seems I totally forgot if you did... and from that list you guessed right, I would say go for Hinamatsuri and TTGL first. Hinamatsuri is a great comedy with some nice drama mixed in, though the MC is actually far from the best char (Anzu > Hitomi >>>> Hina, just saying : D). TTGL is iconic, just watch it~ You should really watch Haikyuu too btw, it's great. Pretty sure you will like that show.
I have 7 episodes of Hinamatsuri, though haven't started it yet. I'm not really a fan of ongoing shows, I prefer watching completed seasons I guess, but will still see it. I'm currently watching Fate Apocrypha, but after that I guess I'll see TTGL. I also got Sword art online while waiting for your reply. I saw the season 2 is doing pretty good on the anime league, so thought I might as well give it a go. Plus I heard about it before, the concept seems nice too, if I'm not mistaken, it's kinda something like NGNL and Overlord where characters are in a game world...

Didn't watch Toradora, but I did watch Bakemonogatari. I plan to see Haikyuu too, but I guess it's pretty long?
And boy, you already want new recs? Hmm

Oregairu: https://myanimelist.net/anime/14813/Yahari_Ore_no_Seishun_Love_Comedy_wa_Machigatteiru (especially S2 is plain awesome, loved it to death xD)
Kokoro Connect: https://myanimelist.net/anime/11887/Kokoro_Connect (another great show in my eyes, and it's about switching bodies, what more could a boy ask for? :aweIt has best girl Inaban too)
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: https://myanimelist.net/anime/9756/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka★Magica (the show that basically invented grim and dark magical girl stories)
Jojo: https://myanimelist.net/anime/14719/JoJo_no_Kimyou_na_Bouken_TV (this is a really long one, because it has multiple seasons. There's nothing quite like Jojo, a unique "action adventure". Arc 2 is especially great)
Kill la Kill: https://myanimelist.net/anime/18679/Kill_la_Kill (not sure if you saw this one, but I would only watch that after TTGL, because it's from mostly the same guys. Meaning if you liked TTGL, there's a good chance you will like KlK, too. Kind of a really divisive show, but it's greatness in my eyes)
Hibike! Euphonium: https://myanimelist.net/anime/27989/Hibike_Euphonium (lots of good drama and characters, and nice music to boost : D)

Okay, I think that's enough for now... :XD
Alright, gonna note those ones. Thanks XD

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
You are welcome:

TID@pixiv

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Niichan besides the two cat fanarts I showed you, those are he other kitty fanarts. I wish the artist made more of them, this is too adorable.

Bern & Lambda

Bern & Ange XD

Ange & older Ange (XD)

Kinzo XD

Oh yeah I also saw these TPN fanarts, not sure if you've seen them also but I liked them especially the second one since I think that one is a parody pose but I am not quite sure about it. XD

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Okay so I was checking some fanarts and then I saw this fanart of this character from Fate/Grand Order and then I realized it was a character that I asked a few days ago to Syx who she is since he wears an avatar of her also, yes I am talking about Majin Saber. Now I can definitely see why he got hyped about her. Those fanarts are gorgous as frik, my god. Also somehow Majin Saber reminds me of a mix of Kuro and Archer lol.

*FAVORITE*

*EPIC*

*BEAUTY*

*BADASS*

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Apparently, Okita Alter has 4 different NP lines... and the 3rd and 4th ones are in the truest sense of the word EPIC! :lmao

Kristian Aditya N. said:
lmao she forgot her NP name. she's definitely best meme servant ever
Shuya Fay said:
"Eh, what was it again? Hmm.. I forgot! Accept this awesome beaaamm instead!" LMAO, what the hell. This joke servant is just too much! XD

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ah yeah, I recall Ainz saying Shalltear is the strongest guardian back when he fought her...I'm kinda surprised Albedo is that far down though, considering she's the leader of the guardians, though of course that itself doesn't necessarily imply anything about strength. The most surprising is demiurge though. I thought he'd be one of the strongest XD

And yeah, Sebas is awesome haha

I have 7 episodes of Hinamatsuri, though haven't started it yet. I'm not really a fan of ongoing shows, I prefer watching completed seasons I guess, but will still see it. I'm currently watching Fate Apocrypha, but after that I guess I'll see TTGL. I also got Sword art online while waiting for your reply. I saw the season 2 is doing pretty good on the anime league, so thought I might as well give it a go. Plus I heard about it before, the concept seems nice too, if I'm not mistaken, it's kinda something like NGNL and Overlord where characters are in a game world...

Didn't watch Toradora, but I did watch Bakemonogatari. I plan to see Haikyuu too, but I guess it's pretty long?

Alright, gonna note those ones. Thanks XD
Well for now I'm looking forward to what Season 3 will bring. It's going to start soon :zomg I don't really think the show is particularly amazing, but it has this kinda quirky charm and I end up enjoying most episodes XD

Hinamatsuri is only getting better with time, besides the comedy there is some real nice character drama too, so I hope you will enjoy the show :nod Kinda figured that you're not a fan of ongoing shows, lol. How did you like you Fate/Apo? As for Sword Art Online, the currently airing show is actually a spinoff of the main series :XD The main series already has two seasons + a film (original story), and a third was announced recently. Surprised you didn't watch that one before, it was all the rage back when it aired, it created a huge craze both in Japan and the West. The concept is pretty good "generally-speaking" but it turns not so good later on. I don't want to get too spoilery, but there's some drastic gamechanger after the first half of the first season (which is awesome, for the most part) and after that it only gets worse. Still somewhat entertaining, but not great... so if you love the first 12 episodes or so, be ready for the quality going down afterwards. Supposedly Season 3 will cover an amazing arc, according to novel readers it's the best one since the very first arc (first 12 episodes), so I'm kind of looking forward to that.
Anyway, you can definitely watch SAO, but better don't expect too much. The spinoff can be btw ignored in my eyes, I'm not much of a fan lol.

Haikyuu isn't really much longer than if you watch all of SAO that's available, lol :p It's amazing, really You go and tell him @syx

And you're welcome, like always :D

Niichan besides the two cat fanarts I showed you, those are he other kitty fanarts. I wish the artist made more of them, this is too adorable.

Bern & Lambda

Bern & Ange XD

Ange & older Ange (XD)

Kinzo XD

Oh yeah I also saw these TPN fanarts, not sure if you've seen them also but I liked them especially the second one since I think that one is a parody pose but I am not quite sure about it. XD

Cute kittens and amazing Neverland fanart, thanks Magi :wtf Especially like that second Neverland pic, great find : D

:heh

Okay so I was checking some fanarts and then I saw this fanart of this character from Fate/Grand Order and then I realized it was a character that I asked a few days ago to Syx who she is since he wears an avatar of her also, yes I am talking about Majin Saber. Now I can definitely see why he got hyped about her. Those fanarts are gorgous as frik, my god. Also somehow Majin Saber reminds me of a mix of Kuro and Archer lol.

*FAVORITE*

*EPIC*

*BEAUTY*

*BADASS*
You really shower me with great fanart, huh? XD Thanks again, I really like her design. And Okita Alter seems to be a funny girl in some ways too lol. Hope you don't mind that I used that one pic for my ava :blush

Apparently, Okita Alter has 4 different NP lines... and the 3rd and 4th ones are in the truest sense of the word EPIC! :lmao

lol who do you take me for dude? xP ofc I already saw that, I just knew you would love it lol, wanted to tell you later :XD Great mix that she can be this mysterious and serious girl and yet be kind of a doofus with something as important as the NP x'D Majin-san Beamuuu~

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Haikyuu isn't really much longer than if you watch all of SAO that's available, lol :p It's amazing, really You go and tell him @syx
@Holt
The Haikyuu anime is phenomenal. I watched it while being aware of what will happen, since I read the manga back then, and I was still more excited/thrilled than watching a real important match of my favorite football team whose outcome I didn't know. :lmao

Haikyuu is an absolute safe recommendation. It won't fail you regardless of whether you are into Volleyball or not.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
@niichan slackkkk againnn! XD
lol my bad dude, not sure if I answered you on this or not lol... will check tomorrow and answer, if I missed something
Need to post some music even if you don't care. :kappa

Good :zomg If only the first game would be as good as this track :toc

Niichan-kun gonna leave those here because it's Lambda's day and she's your favo also. Enjoy~ =3=/
now I need to make something for her also... damn you lambda!!!

Oh and gonna leave this Beato drawing here also

lol thank you Magi, didn't even know it was her birthday xD much appreciated, keep them coming :zomg

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The first game is okay / good. You survived DG3 with that camera movement. KH1 is bliss compared to that. :kappa

Nice Rose set. :sky

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The first game is okay / good. You survived DG3 with that camera movement. KH1 is bliss compared to that. :kappa

Nice Rose set. :sky
Gameplay-wise it was certainly better yeah, story-wise I prefer Yoko's style :p

And here is some info the wiki won't tell you: That's just her localized name, her original name is Usubeni xP

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes. And a light pink is what? Right. Rose. :P
And of course KHs story isn't that dark and twisted.
It is still awesome though.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Well for now I'm looking forward to what Season 3 will bring. It's going to start soon :zomg I don't really think the show is particularly amazing, but it has this kinda quirky charm and I end up enjoying most episodes XD

Hinamatsuri is only getting better with time, besides the comedy there is some real nice character drama too, so I hope you will enjoy the show :nod Kinda figured that you're not a fan of ongoing shows, lol. How did you like you Fate/Apo? As for Sword Art Online, the currently airing show is actually a spinoff of the main series :XD The main series already has two seasons + a film (original story), and a third was announced recently. Surprised you didn't watch that one before, it was all the rage back when it aired, it created a huge craze both in Japan and the West. The concept is pretty good "generally-speaking" but it turns not so good later on. I don't want to get too spoilery, but there's some drastic gamechanger after the first half of the first season (which is awesome, for the most part) and after that it only gets worse. Still somewhat entertaining, but not great... so if you love the first 12 episodes or so, be ready for the quality going down afterwards. Supposedly Season 3 will cover an amazing arc, according to novel readers it's the best one since the very first arc (first 12 episodes), so I'm kind of looking forward to that.
Anyway, you can definitely watch SAO, but better don't expect too much. The spinoff can be btw ignored in my eyes, I'm not much of a fan lol.

And you're welcome, like always :D
Yeah, I'm curious about it too. I think it's a pretty nice show anyway, even with the overwhelmingly one-sided fights XD.

Yeah, I prefer completed shows. I don't have much time to keep up with ongoing ones, so prefer they're ready so I can binge when I have some time. Definitely gonna watch Hina though. Fate/Apo was...well...not so bad, but could've been a lot better. A lot of fights had anti-climatic or cliche endings imo, and things sorta got resolved too fast. Towards the end, felt like everything was getting sorta rushed. But some of the fight effects were pretty cool too. Ruler vs Shirou was incredibly anti-climatic imo. The showdown was pretty much hyped since beginning and only lasted like 2 attacks. But Shirou vs Sieg was pretty nice. The latter kept getting cards to play though. With siegfried and latter Berserker. I also like Achilles vs Chrion. Ah well, it doesn't meet up to FSN UBW or Fate/Zero at all imo XD

SWO- haven't started that yet. don't have everything either, but got some of s1 I think..I know it was the rage but could never really make the time and didn't know where to start from anyway. After S1 I'll get your opinion on what to watch next.

Tbh, KnB is my fav sport anime so far, I can hardly see Haikyuu topping it, but if so many have hyped it, can't help but give it a shot. Will check it out too
@Holt
The Haikyuu anime is phenomenal. I watched it while being aware of what will happen, since I read the manga back then, and I was still more excited/thrilled than watching a real important match of my favorite football team whose outcome I didn't know. :lmao

Haikyuu is an absolute safe recommendation. It won't fail you regardless of whether you are into Volleyball or not.
I see, I've heard a lot of good things about it. I plan to see it too eventually

Reactions: syx