Voting Round 2 Mercy vs. Aqua

Who wins?

  • Mercy

    Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Aqua

    Votes: 30 62.5%

  • Total voters
    48
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
It still doesn't change the fact that OW chars are 100% fan service with a fabricated backstory.
Nothing good to say about your waifu so you have to bash mine? At least @Xadyu is making points where as you are just trolling :p

Mercy doesn't troll, she's too classy for that :redface
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Nothing good to say about your waifu so you have to bash mine? At least @Xadyu is making points where as you are just trolling :p

Mercy doesn't troll, she's too classy for that :redface
Aqua doesn't troll either? Stop comparing Mercy to things other than Aqua to make your points.
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Aqua doesn't troll either? Stop comparing Mercy to things other than Aqua to make your points.
I didn't mention Aqua. I'm saying Mercy has class compared to @Sky.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I didn't mention Aqua. I'm saying Mercy has class compared to @Sky.
Just saying this once.
I don't care which kind of personal grudge you seem to have against me. It bores me, really.
Just saying that this event is not the time and place to deal with this.
Hope I made myself clear.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Just saying this once.
I don't care which kind of personal grudge you seem to have against me. It bores me, really.
Just saying that this event is not the time and place to deal with this.
Hope I made myself clear.
This event and time is exactly where the comes from. :lmao That's what this event does with people that don't realize their own incompetence in nominating good wife material characters.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
I didn't realise that the salt is still going here...... @Sky I was joking when I said ice cream aqua salt. ( it's a reference to sth in kh )
Why did it have to become a reality :cookiearf
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
This event and time is exactly where the comes from. :lmao That's what this event does with people that don't realize their own incompetence in nominating good wife material characters.
I mean, instead of bashing Reebi for that, maybe next time you can make your own call nominating a waifu and see how far you'll go, Tommy '-'
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Just saying this once.
I don't care which kind of personal grudge you seem to have against me. It bores me, really.
Just saying that this event is not the time and place to deal with this.
Hope I made myself clear.
I have no grudge. I'm saying you aren't even campaigning for your waifu, just bashing mine and the series, which is trolling.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I mean, instead of bashing Reebi for that, maybe next time you can make your own call nominating a waifu and see how far you'll go, Tommy '-'
No, my fine taste doesn't get appreciated here, and just like more well-known good candidates, they get shoved off to the side for fan-service/mainstream characters. It's not worth the pain.

I'm enjoying going against people, but in the end I really don't give a fucking shit who loses or wins. :catshrug
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
This event and time is exactly where the comes from. :lmao That's what this event does with people that don't realize their own incompetence in nominating good wife material characters.
I'm sorry but who did you nominate? :s Oh right you didn't. Too embarrassed what people would say? Too scared to lose and have people make fun of you? Sorry if I have more balls to nominate someone and take the trolling :p
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
No, my fine taste doesn't get appreciated here, and just like more well-known good candidates, they get shoved off to the side for fan-service/mainstream characters. It's not worth the pain.
Heh? Holo would beg to disagree. But fine, wtv excuse serves your purpose...
Someone that talks so big about others pick should at least put himself out there as well :P
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I didn't realise that the salt is still going here...... @Sky I was joking when I said ice cream aqua salt. ( it's a reference to sth in kh )
Why did it have to become a reality :cookiearf
Ice cream salt is the best thing to eat in the whole KH verse!
Aqua could be a model for that!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I have no grudge. I'm saying you aren't even campaigning for your waifu, just bashing mine and the series, which is trolling.
Maybe don't ignore all the posts I make then. *shrugs*

And no. Bashing and trolling are not the same thing. It isn't even bashing. I just don't show any Mercy to empty characters like that.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Heh? Holo would beg to disagree. But fine, wtv excuse serves your purpose...
Someone that talks so big about others pick should at least put himself out there as well :P
I didn't compete in a Waifu War before, but Holo is an amazing choice, yes. (Well done @Lambu ), but I did compete in the Husbando one, and that one had a lot of fucking shit nominations.

The titles; WIFE Wars and HUSBAND Wars speak for themselves, at least that's what I thought, but everyone goes for their favorite character, or most good-looking one, barely/not paying any attention to the personalities/actions/history of those said characters. Most of those were definitely not husband material.

The same goes for more than half of the nominations in this War too.
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,612
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It still doesn't change the fact that OW chars are 100% fan service with a fabricated backstory.
What does "fabricated backstory" even mean :lmao That's some major mental gymnastics.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Heh? Holo would beg to disagree. But fine, wtv excuse serves your purpose...
Someone that talks so big about others pick should at least put himself out there as well :P
But Holo lost to a character that was more mainstream than her :hmm Though not sure why you mention Holo in the first place. You not knowing her before the event doesn't mean she was some underdog nobody knew '-'
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I didn't compete in a Waifu War before, but Holo is an amazing choice, yes. (Well done @GrySun )
It was Lambu tho.
But Holo lost to a character that was more mainstream than her :hmm Though not sure why you mention Holo in the first place. You not knowing her before the event doesn't mean she was some underdog nobody knew '-'
People knowing her doesn't make her mainstream - not even her series. Which was what Tommy's post was about. And in spite of not being mainstream, she got to the finals and lost to a mainstream character for only 1 vote. She's a very good reference for this topic, yes.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
People knowing her doesn't make her mainstream - not even her series. Which was what Tommy's post was about. And in spite of not being mainstream, she got to the finals and lost to a mainstream character for only 1 vote. She's a very good reference for this topic, yes.
Holo's show might not be the mainstream property, while it certainly had it's mainstream moment.

But Holo, Holo is one of anime's most iconic characters, outliving her franchise's mainstream moment and still showing up at top characters lists to this day.
So no, you're wrong. :nod She's mainstream af.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top