Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 396 Discussion / 397 Predictions | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 396 Discussion / 397 Predictions

Wha

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
So Bam really sparred with the GoG. Did he just try out the second thorn or did he use other skills as well? I wonder how strong he got.

I am starting to doubt that the Zahard family knows that the train is a lawless area right now - otherwise, why should they just wait at the station? One team could have boarded the train while the rest lay in wait. Which makes me wonder - if it wasn't the Zahard family, who is responsible for the train rules vanishing?

The scene with the boss of the last train station and his daughter make me wonder if they will actually save the day (as in helping Bam and some others to escape or giving them shelter).

Last i really get my hopes up for White. After all the hype i do expect him to be a high ranker and no "ordinary one" at that.

Obviously the train task will fail. Destroying the fug is their least and only option since killing all po bidau family is almost impossible
Obviously the train task will fail. Destroying the fug is their least and only option since killing all po bidau family is almost impossible
Well this was clear from the start since Bam is riding the train (plot armor). Although I am not so sure if they (Zahard forces) will actually loose this battle. They seem well prepared and if this Kalaban guy worries Jinsung, he should be no pushover. The longer they need to complete one task, the more likely is the possibility of a war with the bidau family. As time goes by, chances go up for the information about the last order to be leaked (someone from the pidau family could find out or Adori just attacks them)

Karaka is not a high ranker.
Not sure about that - as far as i can recall it was never stated that he is nor that he isn't.

Also, Baam's new outfit looks stupid as hell. Yeehaw. Dude must be trying to outdo Hoaqin.
That's his way of representing his Bro Khun, since he isn't around to dress in fancy clothes. ;)

Sakashi

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
The chapter this week was very interesting. SIU introduced many new rankers and high rankers but that’s not all. We also got to know that White secured his last clone because HWA needed him to help Baam in the upcoming crisis but to be honest it scares me. Does White really look like a guy that keeps his promises?

HWA also told Evans about it and when I saw this panel for the first time, I only thought about one thing. Knowing Evans I thought about that he will most likely contact someone close to Yuri to come and help and the only ones I can think of is either Wolhaiksong or Urek Mazino.

Furthermore, We also got to know that the girl in golden armor called Chunhee is from the Ha family and is a high ranker, yes you heard right people. It will be interesting to see what Yuri does and also let’s not forget Evankhell and Yu Han Sung which are like wildcards in this upcoming crisis.

Finally, the only thing I’m really looking forward to is what Jinsung will do. He said something in the lines of ”Kallaban won’t even be easy for me to deal with” which probably means that both Kallaban and Jinsung maybe are at the same power level or that Kallaban’s abilities are annoying to deal with or that Jinsung needs help which I don’t think he does.

I really want to see Jinsung go all out. He is Baam’s teacher after all and it would be really cool if we got to see him fight seriously since he has been playing with everyone he faces up until now.

Last edited:

PainTendo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I am starting to doubt that the Zahard family knows that the train is a lawless area right now - otherwise, why should they just wait at the station? One team could have boarded the train while the rest lay in wait. Which makes me wonder - if it wasn't the Zahard family, who is responsible for the train rules vanishing?
i don't think that anyone can board the train while it's in motion, they have to wait at a station .

Dubakuur

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
Has anyone thought about how Rachel is gonna get out of the train? What new plot armour will be conjured up now? Or is it the time for most of our wishes that Rachel dies to finally come true? I hope one of those rankers takes her out

Siya101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
i feel koon would have made a better leader better than bam boro and irure combined

but i hope atleast a princess of zahard appears so we can see how strong bam is compared to the ultimate species
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
chances of bam fighting rankers are 80% unless the ruler decides to open up the station coz the rules in train in are in a mess so if they stay on the train and if rankers enter the train chances of combat are high

FUCKING LOVING THE BUILD UP TO THIS SHIT ITS HYPING ME THE FUCK UP

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
i don't think that anyone can board the train while it's in motion, they have to wait at a station .
Well at least Yuri & Evan did it. If they found a way, why shouldn't the Zahard empire be able to do it (of course it could have been an exception but then again, who knows (except Siu) if there aren't any other ways)?

booda

Reaction score
Country
India
I wonder what HWA is hoping with that team .. I am still waiting for Irure(sleepyhead) to take some action for what she chatted about with someone. It will come to play important role now that it is connected with Baam being some kind of pathfinder or something important. And there is that string ray. Too many loose pieces

PainTendo

Reaction score
Country
France
Well at least Yuri & Evan did it. If they found a way, why shouldn't the Zahard empire be able to do it (of course it could have been an exception but then again, who knows (except Siu) if there aren't any other ways)?
did you see them board the train when it was in motion? Because i didn't. SIU just showed them in the train. If it was possible to board the train that way then baam wouldn't be so desperate to catch up to the train before the departure and koon wouldn't need his ranker brother to stop it. My opinion :Yuri and Evan boarded the train at the station.

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
did you see them board the train when it was in motion? Because i didn't. SIU just showed them in the train. If it was possible to board the train that way then baam wouldn't be so desperate to catch up to the train before the departure and koon wouldn't need his ranker brother to stop it. My opinion :Yuri and Evan boarded the train at the station.
When they first appeared they said something about a warp and entering through it (if i am not mistaken) - if they did enter on an official station, the FUG guy in charge of the train (i think his name was pedro) should have known (which he didn't)

Edit: Just looked it up, it's at the end of chapter 249.

Last edited:

PainTendo

Reaction score
Country
France
When they first appeared they said something about a warp and entering through it (if i am not mistaken) - if they did enter on an official station, the FUG guy in charge of the train (i think his name was pedro) should have known (which he didn't)

indeed she talked about a warp ,it's very confusing because repellista definitely gave them tickets to enter the train

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I wonder what HWA is hoping with that team .. I am still waiting for Irure(sleepyhead) to take some action for what she chatted about with someone. It will come to play important role now that it is connected with Baam being some kind of pathfinder or something important. And there is that string ray. Too many loose pieces
How about Boro's team being the sacrificial lamb to allow the rest to escape? Hwaryun told Bam to find team mates he wouldn't bother to get killed. He found Boro. That was his main task in order to board the Train and come back Alive. Makes me Wonder Just How Far can Hwaryun see. Evan is a High ranker Guide and he cannot match her gifts.

I'm Very certain Boro's team Will die and Bam's team Will escape. They need to give Jahad's forces a convincing corpse, they don't know who exactly they have to kill. If they are led to believe Boro's team was all that was on board, they Will end three orders by mistake.

I'm also guessing Mascheny's bet was about Yuri becoming a runaway from the Empire, and that she knew in advance the outcome of all this. Just knowing Yuri was on board of the Train and Gustang's plan was enough to predict It. They would get whatever the bracelet is and anger Jahad. Yuri being on the train would make her a target. Mascheny calls her and makes a bet. Not knowing what was at stake, Yuri considers It an absurd outcome and agrees wrongfully. I totally see that happening.

OneEye

Reaction score
Country
Cameroon
Not sure about that - as far as i can recall it was never stated that he is nor that he isn't.

That's his way of representing his Bro Khun, since he isn't around to dress in fancy clothes. ;)
As far as we know, everything indicates that Karaka is only a ranker :
1) he was introduced as a young and promising slayer
2) high rankers don't easily bow to other high rankers (except they're irregulars)whereas karaka considers himself inferior to Ha Jinsung, Yuri and White, who are known high rankers. Even Ivan asked him whether he (karaka) was insane to attack two high rankers (Ivan wouldn't certainly say that to another high ranker like Maschenny, Jinsung or Evakhell).

Last edited:

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
'm Very certain Boro's team Will die and Bam's team Will escape. They need to give Jahad's forces a convincing corpse, they don't know who exactly they have to kill. If they are led to believe Boro's team was all that was on board, they Will end three orders by mistake.
They know exactly who to kill - every regular (or everyone, i am not so sure anymore) currently riding on the hell train .- I do think that you are more than half right though. I think that hwaryun did this to give Bam more chances to escape (she even said something like that) - and that Boro's and Repellista's teams are just scapegoats in the eyes of her. But i just can't imagine that the Zahard Empire wouldn't know that they have failed. The most crucial reason for that being what we know of the three orders so far - if they finish one order, the other two are going to disappear. So if this doesn't happen, they have to know what's going on.

indeed she talked about a warp ,it's very confusing because repellista definitely gave them tickets to enter the train
I think that you need to have a ticket to either get on board or be on the train (not sure about that). At least before Bam got back from the hidden floor. I also remembered "something" "flying" to the hell train - i looked this up as well and i do think that this is Yuri and Evan - chapter 247, at the beginning, right after Bam goes to challenge that guardian alone (and the sachi "let's watch" talk)

PainTendo

Reaction score
Country
France
2) high rankers don't easily bow to other high rankers (except they're irregulars)whereas karaka considers himself inferior to Ha Jinsung, Yuri and White, who are known high rankers. Even Ivan asked him whether he (karaka) was insane to attack two high rankers (Ivan wouldn't certainly say that to another high ranker like Maschenny, Jinsung or Evakhell).
Him not being as strong as jinsung or yuri or maschenny doesn't mean he is not a high ranker. For example all the people you mentionned would be complete fodder to adori jahad and they are high rankers just like her. the high rankers go from phantaminum to number 1000. I'm pretty confident that karaka is a high ranker, he is no pushover even to yuri, it's true that she is stronger but he survived all of their encounters.

Reactions: Wha

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Him not being as strong as jinsung or yuri or maschenny doesn't mean he is not a high ranker. For example all the people you mentionned would be complete fodder to adori jahad and they are high rankers just like her. the high rankers go from phantaminum to number 1000. I'm pretty confident that karaka is a high ranker, he is no pushover even to yuri, it's true that she is stronger but he survived all of their encounters.
Karaka has potential but I am pretty sure he has been confirmed Ranker. He is a very young Ranker/Slayer. He is not a High Ranker yet.

OneEye

Reaction score
Country
Cameroon
If Baam doesn't slay a Ranker in this battle, then this entire exercise is a pointless waste of time. I'm kinda not happy to see Regulars involved on the Zahard side at all, because it raises the possibility that SIU is just going to have Baam piddle about with that and show nothing worthwhile.

Also yeah, Yuri definitely underestimates Baam. Remember when she legit thought he would lose to Kaiser? LOL.
Well, what many of you guys seem to all think and assume is that Baam is now a killer monster, capable of ravaging his way up the tower among other mere regulars. But then, it's rather you guys who're highly overestimating him, for the following reasons :
1) after the Workshop battle, Baam was so overpowered, he was now E-ranked, he had acquired the first piece of the thorn but guess what! D-ranked regulars like Sacchi, Yura almost handed him his ass on a plate; Kaiser and Hoaquin were bullshit way stronger than expected. ...why? Because Kaiser had tower rules and expensive ranker items on her side (but then, without those advantages, she was merely at the level of Androssi).
Hoaquin had spells to enable him become bullshit stronger in the middle of a floor test.

2) Baam, after learning shinwonryu could barely hold his ground against the first big breeder...because the guy had tower rules on his side.

3) Baam may currently be as strong as data Jahad, but then there were no rankers and high rankers in the days of young jahad; just imagine the RED specially selecting C-Rank regulars and giving them bullshit tools and advantages to fight a confirmed irregular!

You guys aren't serious in thinking Baam is super stronger; even Hwa Ryun is so worried by what she can foresee that she's required White to be resuscitated.

Last edited:

PainTendo

Reaction score
Country
France
Karaka has potential but I am pretty sure he has been confirmed Ranker. He is a very young Ranker/Slayer. He is not a High Ranker yet.
To me Ranker is a generic name, i even remember someone calling Urek the strongest active ranker. Yuri is also very young and is already a high ranker so why not karaka.

Reactions: Wha

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
1) Yes, a slayer - who is supposed to execute Zahard and the 10 Family Heads. Let us put aside the contracts the heads made with the administrators, let's put aside the fact that they are irregulars - if you are an organisation (religion) like FUG, i do believe that they will put only the strongest and/or (!) most promising candidates on the top (considering that guys like Hansung and probably a lot of other strong elders (and so on) are not slayers).

2) I don't remember Karaka bowing to either Yuri or White. I remember him goign out of the train to pick a fight (she is a high ranker princess, somewhere in the middle if i remember correctly. So she should be around rank 500 or something like that) with her. I remember him manipulating White in a quite clever way (like he did with Hell Joe).
Yes, he somehow did bow to Jinsung but first of all he is in the top 100 (not sure where exactly but i think it's quite a good number since he didn't fear maschenny and she is in the top 100 too....) and second he is the martial arts teacher of slayer candidates and one veryyy important figure in FUG.
And to what evan said: If by example Jinsung & Evankhell would be together and Yuri would pick a fight with both of them, i think that their reaction would be similar.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, what many of you guys seem to all think and assume is that Baam is now a killer monster, capable of ravaging his way up the tower among other mere regulars. But then, it's rather you guys who're highly overestimating him, for the following reasons :
1) after the Workshop battle, Baam was so overpowered, he was now E-ranked, he had acquired the first piece of the thorn but guess what! D-ranked regulars like Sacchi, Yura almost handed him his ads on a plate; Kaiser and Hoaquin were bullshit way stronger than expected. ...why? Because Kaiser had tower rules and expensive ranker items on her side (but then, without those advantages, she was merely at the level of Androssi).
Hoaquin had spells to enable him become bullshit stronger in the middle of a floor test.

2) Baam, after learning shinwonryu could barely hold his ground against the first big breeder...because the guy had tower rules on his side.

3) Baam may currently be as strong as data Jahad, but then there were no rankers and high rankers in the days of young jahad; just imagine the RED specially selecting C-Rank regulars and giving them bullshit tools and advantages to fight a confirmed irregular!

You guys aren't serious in thinking Baam is super stronger; even Hwa Ryun is so worried by what she can foresee that she's required White to be resuscitated.
At the time bam got the thorn there was no reason for us to think that there wouldn't be regulars that can face bam. At the most we could have said that he could defeat the bulk of e ranks at the time. Then bam got to the hell train... Which even getting there suggests bam would already be pretty high up in the D class ranks. Then a powerup or two after we got to the name hunt station where bam bested kaiser. Who is supposed to have been one of the top 3 d class regulars alongside the twin princesses. Kaiser was strong for a regular of course though I never particularly got the impression she was supposed to be that huge a threat. even during the fight bam after bam took apparently critical hits he went "meh, it doesn't feel like I am going to loose anyways". And if bam is that high within the d class then its not a stretch that bam would do ok against c class regulars. Not to mention that reflejo was supposed to be as strong as a b class regular and he was defeated by bam, aguero and rak. And reflejo did not exhibit anywhere near the firepower bam has nowadays.

Also, IF bam is as strong as a ranker at this point it will still only be at the lower end of rankers in general. The power range for rankers is ridiculous, we have seen that a number of times. Karaka is supposed to be a pretty strong ranker and even then he was not worth a single of urek's fingers. Bam could easily have ranker strength and still not have 0.1% of the strength some of the more competent rankers have, let alone high rankers.

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
1) after the Workshop battle, Baam was so overpowered, he was now E-ranked, he had acquired the first piece of the thorn but guess what! D-ranked regulars like Sacchi, Yura almost handed him his ads on a plate; Kaiser and Hoaquin were bullshit way stronger than expected. ...why? Because Kaiser had tower rules and expensive ranker items on her side (but then, without those advantages, she was merely at the level of Androssi).

This all sounds like a pretty pathetic excuse for an Irregular. I'll just stick to my own mode of thinking.