Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 396 Discussion / 397 Predictions | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 396 Discussion / 397 Predictions

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

For those who are heartbroken by Khun’s absence as of late(..)

I drew Khun playing a violin for this week’s postscript, as some people had requested in the last week’s postscript ^^;

Today, as I had to fuss around with my personal business,

and feel like my energy has been drained, I will keep the postscript short. ha ha

Ah.. It was very challenging to draw. So many characters were coming out

And it’s like “Please look forward to the next week!”-ish

That’s the end of the postscript ha ha How simple was that

Just read the next week’s chapter! I.. I mean please read it, since I worked hard to draw it.

Um.. since this is too short, I’ll add some more

When it comes to naming characters, I am pretty a simple guy(….)

Like, I liked the way it reads or how it feels.. There are many occasions where I use the names of footballers, too

And even in that case, how much the character resembles the football player is the least of my concern

I just use the name if I feel it suits the character ha ha

So you don’t need to try to come up with names’ meanings ha ha.

Of course, some characters (like Yu Hansung), do have some meanings attached to their names though..

It’s already getting a little chilly at night, so please take care of your health

I hope you have a happy, energetic week.

As for me, I will draw an interesting Manhwa to bring it on next week ^^

Thank you !

Source.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hwa Ryun is gorgeous with that ponytail :hearts. It looks like Red Witches are just better Guides than Silver Dwarves. Or Silver Dwarves are better when it comes to choices in the heat of the action.

Brian Taboada

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone have any idea what the meaning of "Yu Hansung" name has attached to it?

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

For those who are heartbroken by Khun’s absence as of late(..)

I drew Khun playing a violin for this week’s postscript, as some people had requested in the last week’s postscript ^^;

Today, as I had to fuss around with my personal business,

and feel like my energy has been drained, I will keep the postscript short. ha ha

Ah.. It was very challenging to draw. So many characters were coming out

And it’s like “Please look forward to the next week!”-ish

That’s the end of the postscript ha ha How simple was that

Just read the next week’s chapter! I.. I mean please read it, since I worked hard to draw it.

Um.. since this is too short, I’ll add some more

When it comes to naming characters, I am pretty a simple guy(….)

Like, I liked the way it reads or how it feels.. There are many occasions where I use the names of footballers, too

And even in that case, how much the character resembles the football player is the least of my concern

I just use the name if I feel it suits the character ha ha

So you don’t need to try to come up with names’ meanings ha ha.

Of course, some characters (like Yu Hansung), do have some meanings attached to their names though..

It’s already getting a little chilly at night, so please take care of your health

I hope you have a happy, energetic week.

As for me, I will draw an interesting Manhwa to bring it on next week ^^

Thank you !

Source.
Hwa Ryun is gorgeous with that ponytail :hearts. It looks like Red Witches are just better Guides than Silver Dwarves. Or Silver Dwarves are better when it comes to choices in the heat of the action.
*Googles Yu Hansung frantically*
lol

So the hype train has arrived! I think ever since the end of Part 1 we don't get an 'all can happen' scenario like this. And once again with a certainty that some characters will fail (as with team A and B on Maze Game). Back then we had Khun and Laure on the team destined to lose (Bam, the main, was on the other team). And they could have won If not for Khun's betrayal. I expect the same here: Team Boro will fail because of Hwaryun's schemes, and to ensure team Bam's safety. The danger feeling Will come not by a Quant Blitz against newcomers, but by elite Jahad forces against still regulars, an also unwinable scenario.

Of course, its by Far a more complex context and shows how much growth SIU has made in the story. I was going to say more but realized It would be a spoiler, lol. I think now that HSY wont come into this fight, but has a different quest for part 3.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The finiteness thing does not really mean anything to me... can anyone explain?

Vitala

Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde
Line messed up the translations as always especially the grade of rankers in the army, for example:
Instead of saying: Third tier servant, colonel, ranker fouler LINE said third regimental commander ranker fouler if that even makes sense
another one : Second tier servant, company commander, top ranker phonsekal drach LINE said second company commander, advanced ranker phonsekal drach.

Alan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
TBH I don't think bam could handle a ranker and a few regulars. One on one I could see bam facing a ranker but to begin with that would only happen if outside the train bam does not enjoy regular protection. And even then, there is another issue to consider. Remember reflejo? The guy managed to become about as strong as a b class regular back in the day. but even then bam, aguero and rak managed to defeat him. Why? Because they worked together (and the thorn). Teamwork could easily compensate for a difference in power if it comes to the regulars zahard's army recruited. I doubt any c class regular could hold a candle to bam but if it comes to team work then bam shouldn't be overconfident.
What are you talking about?
Bammm defeated zahard (clearly a ranker)
Bammm almost defeated love (ranker) and that was a long ass time ago when bammm didnt have thorn or anything.
So after all i said how do you possibly think it would be a problem for bammm to face a ranker and some regulars? Bammm is a high ranker for sure or could at least put up a good fight against one.
I am not convinced that Baam is Ranker level TBH. But with the number of Rankers becoming relevant in this arc, I find it more likely than before. Really, there is no one to compare him to to know his level for sure. There was that comment with A.A saying that the data of the heads were that powerful and not even Ranker yet but that doesn't say much IMO.
Sooo if you say he isnt a ranker then youre saying quant, and love are stronger than bammm? Cause they are rankers and you think he isnt a ranker? You guys are crazy. Bammm is at least high ranker or can put up a fight.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Well, what many of you guys seem to all think and assume is that Baam is now a killer monster, capable of ravaging his way up the tower among other mere regulars. But then, it's rather you guys who're highly overestimating him, for the following reasons :
1) after the Workshop battle, Baam was so overpowered, he was now E-ranked, he had acquired the first piece of the thorn but guess what! D-ranked regulars like Sacchi, Yura almost handed him his ass on a plate; Kaiser and Hoaquin were bullshit way stronger than expected. ...why? Because Kaiser had tower rules and expensive ranker items on her side (but then, without those advantages, she was merely at the level of Androssi).
Hoaquin had spells to enable him become bullshit stronger in the middle of a floor test.

2) Baam, after learning shinwonryu could barely hold his ground against the first big breeder...because the guy had tower rules on his side.

3) Baam may currently be as strong as data Jahad, but then there were no rankers and high rankers in the days of young jahad; just imagine the RED specially selecting C-Rank regulars and giving them bullshit tools and advantages to fight a confirmed irregular!

You guys aren't serious in thinking Baam is super stronger; even Hwa Ryun is so worried by what she can foresee that she's required White to be resuscitated.
Love was a ranker and if youre saying bammm is not a ranker youre basically saying love is still stronger than him. We know for damn sure that bammm is stronger than love, he almost defeated him without a thorn or anything, so you really think he cant destroy him now? Also hwaryun doesnt know about bammms strength yet, she wasnt watching the fight between zahard and bammm or when he confronted rachel. Youre the one clearly underestimating him.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
You are making baseless assumptions about power levels every damn week. And then act disappointed that Baam didnt roll stomp everyone in his way.
-he is inexperienced and soft
-he may be facing many enemies at a time
-he may be tricked or ambushed
-he may be facing an inconvenient opponent

just because his raw power and potential are superb doesnt mean he can just go and defeat a ranker (the one who takes their opponents seriously, there are always idiots who die while underestimating their enemy). isnt it interesting watching him overcome those ^^^^ obstacles? he is not even halfway up. dont be so greedy and impatient.
i am sure we are in for surprising events at the last station. maybe he will kick some ass. all im saying is that its better to keep your expectations not so high and end up bitter and unsatisfied, but instead be pleasantly surprised by his growth.
Enexpierenced but he defeated data zahard which was experienced, and clearly a ranker. What youre saying makes no sense bro.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not sure where you getting the idea that "Zahard's clearly a Ranker.". Because, by the definitely of the term, he is clearly not. He had not climbed the tower yet so he was not a ranker.

And in terms of overall strength it's hard to say. I tend to think Zahards strength was probably around that of a Ranker. But that's just a guess. There is no evidence to back that idea up at all.

In generalities I tend to agree that Baam could put up a fight against a Ranker. But I'm not sure why your so certain about it. Even somebody like Quant we've never seen go all out. We saw him fight during a test but only completely without Shinsoo use. Could Baam beat him? How can you say for sure?

Alan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not sure where you getting the idea that "Zahard's clearly a Ranker.". Because, by the definitely of the term, he is clearly not. He had not climbed the tower yet so he was not a ranker.

And in terms of overall strength it's hard to say. I tend to think Zahards strength was probably around that of a Ranker. But that's just a guess. There is no evidence to back that idea up at all.

In generalities I tend to agree that Baam could put up a fight against a Ranker. But I'm not sure why your so certain about it. Even somebody like Quant we've never seen go all out. We saw him fight during a test but only completely without Shinsoo use. Could Baam beat him? How can you say for sure?
I think he is a ranker because he put up a real good fight against love and he wasnt even close to as strong as he is now.

When i say data zahard was a ranker im referring to his strength and combat.

Its just so obvious that he is a ranker like do they have to spell it out for everyone to realize that?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
What are you talking about?
Bammm defeated zahard (clearly a ranker)
Bammm almost defeated love (ranker) and that was a long ass time ago when bammm didnt have thorn or anything.
So after all i said how do you possibly think it would be a problem for bammm to face a ranker and some regulars? Bammm is a high ranker for sure or could at least put up a good fight against one.
Zahard was not a ranker at that point, at least not literally. At that point rankers did not even exist to begin with and if they had zahard wouldn't have qualified as one. The main argument for zahard being as strong as a ranker is that his power was compared to a rankers, which is a good argument, but even if it is the case it does not necessarily place bam among the stronger rankers. With that in mind, it is still plausible that bam is actually short of a ranker and even if he is as strong as a ranker he could very well be among the absolute weakest rankers there are. Which IMO is the most reasonable scenario. And if bam is at around that leve then even non high rankers could sneeze at bam and the result would be bam ending up super dead.

As for the love bit, clearly that was a test and it was bam that was getting punished... Had that been a fight without the constraints of the test bam would have been easily and instantly foderized and love wouldn't have come close to even mildly trying. Which is not to say bam didn't perform admirably during the test but come on, love is a proper ranker meanwhile bam was just strong for e rank regulars at that point in the tower. Heck, current bam holding his ground on his own in a proper fight against even trash rankers would be an astonishing feat.

Alan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zahard was not a ranker at that point, at least not literally. At that point rankers did not even exist to begin with and if they had zahard wouldn't have qualified as one. The main argument for zahard being as strong as a ranker is that his power was compared to a rankers, which is a good argument, but even if it is the case it does not necessarily place bam among the stronger rankers. With that in mind, it is still plausible that bam is actually short of a ranker and even if he is as strong as a ranker he could very well be among the absolute weakest rankers there are. Which IMO is the most reasonable scenario. And if bam is at around that leve then even non high rankers could sneeze at bam and the result would be bam ending up super dead.

As for the love bit, clearly that was a test and it was bam that was getting punished... Had that been a fight without the constraints of the test bam would have been easily and instantly foderized and love wouldn't have come close to even mildly trying. Which is not to say bam didn't perform admirably during the test but come on, love is a proper ranker meanwhile bam was just strong for e rank regulars at that point in the tower. Heck, current bam holding his ground on his own in a proper fight against even trash rankers would be an astonishing feat.
Bammm made the shinsu shake from all his power.

Koon eduan said bamms power felt like an administrator which is god like.

Data zahard defeated data andori zahard (regular) easily and when she was a regular in the tower world she beat a high ranker. So if bammm can beat data zahard that implies he is at least a mid teir ranker.

Love was clearly having some trouble with bammm. You could tell by his facial expressions/ dialouge. If his power was really limited he wouldnt of been surprised at the fact that bammm could freeze him and also be able to hit him.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think he is a ranker because he put up a real good fight against love and he wasnt even close to as strong as he is now.

When i say data zahard was a ranker im referring to his strength and combat.

Its just so obvious that he is a ranker like do they have to spell it out for everyone to realize that?
And even with Love it wasn't actually a fight it was a game in which Love was holding back pretty substantially. He wasn't attacking Baam he was playing a game with him.

I get what your saying in terms of strength, and I actually agree, but in terms of facts there isn't much actually backing it up right now. And that's an important distinction to make.

Like if somebody says they don't think Baam can beat a Ranker yet. I cannot persuasively disprove that. The gap between Ranker is Regular is not something we know enough about. Just because Baam beat Zahard as a Regular doesn't mean that he could beat a Ranker. Because that assumes Zahard, at that point in his life, could beat a Ranker and we have no way to prove that. Because nobody on the hidden floor was a ranker.

Vitala

Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde
Bammm made the shinsu shake from all his power.

Koon eduan said bamms power felt like an administrator which is god like.

Data zahard defeated data andori zahard (regular) easily and when she was a regular in the tower world she beat a high ranker. So if bammm can beat data zahard that implies he is at least a mid teir ranker.

Love was clearly having some trouble with bammm. You could tell by his facial expressions/ dialouge. If his power was really limited he wouldnt of been surprised at the fact that bammm could freeze him and also be able to hit him.
So having the power of the administrators make you ranker level or higher? His potential is god like but for now he can't beat a top ranker.

Data zahard defeated adori zahard? it was mashenny and adori never defeated a HR, it was a top ranker like the one introduced this chapter.

Love was having no trouble and you are the only one who could see his facial expressions, also rankers are limied in regular area and that was a test zone, anyway yo look like a new reader who doesn't know what he is talking about, go reread the story, it will be good for you.

Alan

Reaction score
Country
United States
And even with Love it wasn't actually a fight it was a game in which Love was holding back pretty substantially. He wasn't attacking Baam he was playing a game with him.

I get what your saying in terms of strength, and I actually agree, but in terms of facts there isn't much actually backing it up right now. And that's an important distinction to make.

Like if somebody says they don't think Baam can beat a Ranker yet. I cannot persuasively disprove that. The gap between Ranker is Regular is not something we know enough about. Just because Baam beat Zahard as a Regular doesn't mean that he could beat a Ranker. Because that assumes Zahard, at that point in his life, could beat a Ranker and we have no way to prove that. Because nobody on the hidden floor was a ranker.
But we know andori zahard in the data world is still a regular and zahard defeated her easily and while she was a regular in the tower she defeated HIGH RANKER. So that means data zahard is equivalant to that because he beat her and bammm is too cause he defeated data zahard. How is that not proof??

Vitala

Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde
Damn is this guy ok? we said that it was not adori but mashenny and she never defeted a HR but a top ranker, also she could have defeated that ranker when already at the 130TH floor.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
But we know andori zahard in the data world is still a regular and zahard defeated her easily and while she was a regular in the tower she defeated HIGH RANKER. So that means data zahard is equivalant to that because he beat her and bammm is too cause he defeated data zahard. How is that not proof??
Pretty sure your thinking of Maschenny not Adori. I don't think Adori was ever on the train. And Maschenny never beat a high ranker as a regular.

Even if Adori had been on the train at some point we have no idea where in the tower or what class of Regular she was when she beat a high Ranker. The people around Baam are D class regulars. She could have beaten that high ranker on floor 100 as like an A Class Regular. Therefor even if Zahard had fought her it wouldn't be a solid comparison.

I get what your saying here. Baam's strong. But I think definitively saying he's stronger than a Ranker just isn't supported by the facts yet.

Alan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn is this guy ok? we said that it was not adori but mashenny and she never defeted a HR but a top ranker, also she could have defeated that ranker when already at the 130TH floor.
Oh my fault i missed that part youre correct it was maschenny. Even so when jahad was a regular he defeated a ranker, so bammm would still be considered a ranker lv since he defeated him.

Yeah.....im pretty sure have administrator type power qualifies you as ranker level. Unless your saying all rankers can defeat administrators aka guardians.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The finiteness thing does not really mean anything to me... can anyone explain?
It means he is going to die. Just as his Hidden Floor counterpart. He might be also a descendant of Hendo Lok Bloodmadder and have a shorter life.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh my fault i missed that part youre correct it was maschenny. Even so when jahad was a regular he defeated a ranker, so bammm would still be considered a ranker lv since he defeated him.

Yeah.....im pretty sure have administrator type power qualifies you as ranker level. Unless your saying all rankers can defeat administrators aka guardians.
Again that's not necessarily true because we don't know when he did that as a Regular. The power level difference between Zahard and floor 40-ish and floor 134th could be massive.

Alan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Again that's not necessarily true because we don't know when he did that as a Regular. The power level difference between Zahard and floor 40-ish and floor 134th could be massive.
Im pretty sure the data zahard we see reached the 134 floor. Eduan says he used to be an adventurer implying he isnt anymore, and the time he stopped being an adventurer was when he reached the 134th floor.