It’s not the best Ghibli film for sure, but it does have all the right elements. Amazing OST, great animation, nice sense of everyday “I’m a kid so everything is incredible”-adventure. Not a film for when you want an actual adventure with lots of story though. These days my son definitely enjoys it more than I do, but I still like it.
Nah, Bolsonaro will be elected for sure.
He's been running from the debates and people are fine with that. Fellows from his party attacked an assassinated politician and people are fine with that. A guy was killed y'day for saying he was against Bolsonaro's idea and people are fine with that. A girl got a swastica marked on her ribs with a pocket knife, inflicted by 3 guys that didn't like the fact she had a #elenao tshirt on, and people are fine with that. He holds 58% of votes intention currently, it keeps increasing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I mean, I wouldn't vote for Haddad either even with those lol.
"In favor of guns" is kind of a broad thing though. I'm not a huge second amendment person and I don't own any myself, but I think it should exist. Of course, if we could go back in history and make the second amendment clearer then it'd probably be more ideal. But I think the problem this country has with gun violence isn't only about guns, it's a cultural thing too. Plenty of countries have plenty of gun owners and there's nowhere near the amount of gun crime we have.
IMHO from strictly a "respect for human lives" point of view, banning guns would be an easy decision without much room for discussion but gun industry is a multi-billion dollar economy now, so regardless of how many people suffer from gun-related crimes, I guess politicians would be reluctant to take any action against it. As far as I know, the 2nd amendment was enacted with a completely different purpose in mind, to protect citizens by arming them against a potential power abuse of the federal army, also the life was mostly rural then and the law enforcement was in a primitive state, but at this time and age, I see little justification for the widespread use of guns, unless, well, there's money at stake as I mentioned.
Hey, remember when you asked people for scary stories that happened to them and stuff, well, I remember I still owed you my second story.
I don't really remember in what year it took place, I'd guess between 2003-2005ish, but I'm not sure. Couldn't be much later though, earlier, maybe.
Any way.
Near the home of my parents is a big stretch of forest, there's some buildings, a playground and a few tennis courts. Next to it is at least a kilometer or two of farmland, two farmers, various crops. Next to that is one of the oldest Monastery of the country, (which is partially still that, but now also a school etc.).
My best friend and me went out with two of my dogs back then, American Staffords, father and son duo. Nasty and Spike (I didn't name them.. ). We always walked through certain areas of the forest, but the dogs also enjoyed leaping through the cornfields for some reason, around that time the crop was still small, but we went for it anyway. We had to walk to the middle of the farmlands though since that's the only place there was corn.
Then we noticed a small stretch of forest, right smack-dab in the middle of of all of it. We knew it was there, because from a distance, the roads and paths, you could see the trees. We never got close to it because of it's legacy, we never really thought about it since there was no 'clear path' to get there.
That little stretch of forest was called Het Verboden Bos (lit: The Forbidden Forest), and it always had the same true story attached to it. Priests, nuns and other religious folks from the monastery were raped, tortured and hanged there during medival times and other events throughout history. Legend says that the spirits still haunt those grounds.
That's basically it, there's plenty of different version with different details, but that's the gist of it. So, since we where close, why not go in? There was a fence build around it so we tried to find a perfect place to enter, since we had two dogs. Once we found a suitable opening, we tried to walk into the Forbidden Forest but... my dogs refused. They started whine and growl, they did their best to try and run the other side, making us fall because that's how hard they pulled. That started to freak us out, you always hear these stories that certain animals can "see" or at least "sense" more than people. Something which we defnitely started to believe then, we were scared shitless because my dogs were scared shitless. If you could see their faces, it was unbelievable, I've never seen them like that. We walked away a bit to calm them down, but then they wouldn't even set a paw in the direction we came from. Even weeks and months later, they refused to go on the farmlands and play, they didn't cross the path from the normal forest to the farmlands anymore, every time they started to whine and wanted to walk away.
Anyway, we decided to bring my dogs home, but we were still interested enough to go back, it took a while before we actually dared to enter though. Once we got in there was a certain creepy aura, some dead trees that layed on the floor had weird markings in them and there were really creepy sounds going on. Although I'm sure most of it was in our heads, we nearly pissed our pants once the wind made the trees creak and squeak, we ran as fast as we could.
We went back a few years later, and not being scared it was a pretty cool and interesting place to visit, there's small remnants of distant times and people actually still seem to visit it and drop flowers and light (fake) candles.
So yeah, this is nothing compared to the first story where we "accidentaly" scared ourselves and stuff, because I don't think I was ever that scared in my life, but my dogs reactions to the "Forbidden Forest" is something I'll never forget.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Kiki My sister went through some scary shit with her daughter earlier this year, I'm a bit vague on details right now, I'll ask for some details tomorrow, it's an interesting situation to say the least. Really had my sister and her daughter shook. Real bad.
Priests, nuns and other religious folks from the monastery were raped, tortured and hanged there during medival times and other events throughout history.