Chainsaw Man remains the shining star of this round for sure. Established an overdone premise in a fairly interesting way, and has got what are looking to be two very solid supporting characters. No real overarching plot development yet, but it’s laid the foundations of just about everything else pretty well, so hopefully that comes soon.
Higuma was alright. Interesting power, though it didn’t really have a hook or big moment to reel you in. Does seem very generic in many aspects, but if done well it could have potential.
ne0lation does nothing for me. It doesn’t go into the hacking enough to make it interesting, so it just feels like a gimmick to let One do whatever he wants. But the character’s themselves aren’t interesting either, and One is outright annoying, so what else has it got?Art I guess. These two chapters have basically just been characters laughing at ne0 thinking he’s powerless just to say he’s amazing once they’re beaten. I am interested in what direction this is going to take though. Based on what it’s given us so far, I can’t really see it being interesting during arcs unless it gets more serious about the hacking. But without arcs, it’s just gonna remain petty stuff. I also feel like the friend is just going to get in the way of some of the cooler directions this could have gone in with how he’s been shown so far.