- Joined
- Mar 7, 2015
- Messages
- 12,565
- Reaction score
- 11,300
- Age
- 33
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
But we're talking about a Kishimoto manga, considering that Edens Zero of Mashima is making good sales and a discreet success ......
Everything about BLack Clover screamed hit surviving manga. How people looked at asta and yuno and went fail was baffling. Same for jujutsu.And after that we saw Black Clover and Jujutsu Kaisen become successful shonen manga, despite being generic (what doesn't mean they're bad) and many people (at least in the internet) not believing they would survive, including me.
Successes and failures can be very unpredictable sometimes in WSJ.
That also makes me think Samurai 8 flopping isn't impossible. Many people are already hyping it, but what if Kishimoto becomes a one hit wonder like Watsuki?
It can still flop. RxL flopped and that was after KnB. From what I heard Edens Zero is more tolerable than FT and Ive seen some say it's a good manga. I have yet to check it out. Mashima's name & art may have something to do with it but it possibly being an upgrade from FT could be the bigger factor.But we're talking about a Kishimoto manga, considering that Edens Zero of Mashima is making good sales and a discreet success ......
It'll be funny when they finally serialize Yu Miki and he gets canacelled in 10 chapters.speaking of overhyping stuff only for it to fail
remember Cyborg Roggy? remember all the hype around its mangaka? the young genius that will change Jump forever, the Next Oda apparently
where is he now? people younger than him have already entered the magazine and found success like Actage artist who is 5 years younger than him
did the Magi successor manga ever take off or was that another failure following a successful entry.It can still flop. RxL flopped and that was after KnB. From what I heard Edens Zero is more tolerable than FT and Ive seen some say it's a good manga. I have yet to check it out. Mashima's name & art may have something to do with it but it possibly being an upgrade from FT could be the bigger factor.
I know it's not Jump related but I actually love Eden's Zero. It fills the Galaxy Gangs sized hole in my heart.It can still flop. RxL flopped and that was after KnB. From what I heard Edens Zero is more tolerable than FT and Ive seen some say it's a good manga. I have yet to check it out. Mashima's name & art may have something to do with it but it possibly being an upgrade from FT could be the bigger factor.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Sukeban Arashi was his debut.Wait, were those 5 series before those two hits?
Orient is still ongoing and last time I checked the sales were pretty mediocre. Who knows if it'll be a huge success like Magi did with it's anime, if it will ever get one.did the Magi successor manga ever take off or was that another failure following a successful entry.
I wonder who the RxL base was, I initially thought most of the kurobas fandom would go over, due to character designs alone, but i guess people truly did care about writing quality in their sports manga.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Really Orient is doing 100k? I thought it was doing like 30k lol.I'm Pretty sure both Orient And EdenZero sold 100k. That looks success to me
I would not compare Naruto to KnBIt can still flop. RxL flopped and that was after KnB.
Orient's first three volumes each charted once on Oricon with 22k, 25k and 28k respectively iirc, so I guess it is possible they just barely have reached a combined 100k by now with more sales that didn't make them appear on OriconReally Orient is doing 100k? I thought it was doing like 30k lol.
Yes, the Jump Festa announcement and video all speak about it being serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump specifically.Do we even know for sure that Samurai 8 will be in this magazine? I remember Kishi having interest in Jump+ before.
The book-rank.net estimates have volume 1 at 117k and volume 2 at 76k.Orient is still ongoing and last time I checked the sales were pretty mediocre. Who knows if it'll be a huge success like Magi did with it's anime, if it will ever get one.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Really Orient is doing 100k? I thought it was doing like 30k lol.
Isnt that kind of dissapointing compared to Magi....unless this number is that magazines average.he book-rank.net estimates have volume 1 at 117k and volume 2 at 76k.
just needs its anime and it will be the next Mirai Nikki.Platinum End started selling really well, now is just a 60-80k seller.