A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I read the manga mostly, but I watch some episodes sometimes. Do you read it to?
It's my favorite sport anime alongside Ballroom e Youkoso, do you know it? :hbunny
Yeah, read the manga early on and was really happy how the anime seasons turned out. Surprised to hear you didn't watch the whole anime, it's an amazing adaptation in my eyes :o Even the OST is great.

Easily my favorite sports series as well, though I have to admit I didn't watch/read many :XD I've watched Ballroom, yup. Definitely not bad, but tbh I wasn't amazed... sometimes it was good, and at other times not so much. Also saw the anime basically catched up to the manga in the end, so I never really felt like picking it up.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Who knows :teehee



Well I saw his creepy face plenty of times by now :XD Pretty far into V3 by now, and Kokichi went full "Evil Leader" after

Gonta was executed...

Prolly my favourite case after Kaede. Second case (Kirumi) was a bit too convoluted for my liking, and I wanted to see her survive longer, but oh well... :( Her motive at least :2arrowwas awesome lol. Third one was the classic middle case, but I didn't really care about Angie or Kiyo (and Tenko not so much either), so it was okay but nothing great. I actually figured Gonta could easily be the killer this time during the Virtual World events, but it was still handled well and had a good emotional impact.

It's about time for some real answers though!
Oh and before I forget, Kaito is such a bro :D And I knew why I considered Maki an interesting char since the beginning, she's only getting better and better :zomg

Oh and I actually think Kokichi isn't as evil as he tries to look like. Feel he's the sort of character who actually tries to do something "good" in his own way, but we will see.

No need to hurry with Umineko, but it really is a very long game. Definitely worth it though, looking forward to your thoughts :nod

Yeah I instantly noticed Accord too lol. Think those are the scanners indeed, but I couldn't tell you for sure either. I'm impressed you actually know their names, considering we barely see any scanners besides 9S. I really want a new Nier game...


Another Hinata/Yachi fan? :zomg Thanks revo, they're such a cute pairing :blush
will not say anything about kokichi but what I have to say that gonta didn't deserve that kinda death, he was such s gentleman till the end :emocat

Ofc I will have more to say about chapter 4 latter on after you finished the game

Btw about the sscanners I don't remember the in game ones only the ones of the stage play, I assume that you watched it but guess not.
Here:
There's two stage play one female that talks about the story of A2 and the fall of her squad and this is the male stage play that talks about why there's no male units beside scanners in game and more.

The female one I wasn't able to find the stage play only the translation of it but not the actual one sadly, but the male one was great hope it will not get taking down
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
another new badge nii? :kappa
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It sure does :gwah

I've always been a curious guy :p You're right though, was just wondering if you have anything concrete planned, like moving away from Germany.

I'm already missing the Japanese food as well :XD Actually bought some Onigiri today on my way home, found a relatively good place by chance. Had Bento and Dons too, so might visit that place a bit more often from now on :blush

More than a month later... so much for my increased activity :lambirb But you're right, I've started posting a little bit more the last few months. No special reason though, guess I just found some motivation after a longer break. Life's pretty fine, nothing I could complain about : D
Mafia Game.... eh, well sometime this year :amuse
My post came at just the right(wrong) time? :fan

I‘ve always been super curious too, so I do get you. It‘s just that I feel it‘s not good to talk about or share everything. But there has been more planning done since my last post here, and we‘ll plan more too, but so far we do have a place in mind which is neither germany nor brazil. Though would prolly sound crazy.

Other than that we‘re doing more visits to each other than I thought we would at first, especially with expenses. But it is worth it. That said, you prolly missed it since you don‘t go to win thread, but we put up a little something on first page of current thread, on christmas, if you‘re interested.

Unfair, my place has no good Onigiri places nearby :emobirb

Hey, up until that point it was a sudden activity spike! :XD Maybe jynxed it. Your last game was November 2017, more than a year ago :feelsbadman

And great Haikyuu set :zomg Especially sig so wholesome and cute.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
will not say anything about kokichi but what I have to say that gonta didn't deserve that kinda death, he was such s gentleman till the end :emocat

Ofc I will have more to say about chapter 4 latter on after you finished the game

Btw about the sscanners I don't remember the in game ones only the ones of the stage play, I assume that you watched it but guess not.
Here:
There's two stage play one female that talks about the story of A2 and the fall of her squad and this is the male stage play that talks about why there's no male units beside scanners in game and more.

The female one I wasn't able to find the stage play only the translation of it but not the actual one sadly, but the male one was great hope it will not get taking down
Too late today but I think I will finish the game tomorrow :arf A loooot of stuff happened, oh boy. I saw it coming that Kokichi lied about being the mastermind, he was laying it on a bit too thick. Also saw it coming that V3 would actually be connected to 1+2, but that's more bc I heard some very mild spoilers and sort of figured people are complaining bc the author basically lied that it's a completely new story lol. Still a great reveal :zomg

But Junko is actually alive or what? wtf :XD Not sure what to make of that picture we saw, but I guess the big answers are coming soon.

Currently at the beginning of chapter 6, when Keebo starts the fight with the Exisals. It's honestly been awesome since the Kokichi false mastermind reveal, the case with Kaito and Kokichi was really good too. Kaito :scry I still don't really care about Tsumugi, but the rest grew on me, even Himiko lol. Looking forward to the finale :wtf

Oh, yeah I know the stage play but never watched it fully tbh... just not really my thing I fear, but I know the scanners and most of the story. Thanks for sharing though :blush
another new badge nii? :kappa
Looks like I attract badges :p

My post came at just the right(wrong) time? :fan

I‘ve always been super curious too, so I do get you. It‘s just that I feel it‘s not good to talk about or share everything. But there has been more planning done since my last post here, and we‘ll plan more too, but so far we do have a place in mind which is neither germany nor brazil. Though would prolly sound crazy.

Other than that we‘re doing more visits to each other than I thought we would at first, especially with expenses. But it is worth it. That said, you prolly missed it since you don‘t go to win thread, but we put up a little something on first page of current thread, on christmas, if you‘re interested.

Unfair, my place has no good Onigiri places nearby :emobirb

Hey, up until that point it was a sudden activity spike! :XD Maybe jynxed it. Your last game was November 2017, more than a year ago :feelsbadman

And great Haikyuu set :zomg Especially sig so wholesome and cute.
Maybe :3 December just was a really busy time in general, this time I had to buy a lot of presents...

Sure, especially not in an "open" place like a forum, I know how you feel. If you have discord though, I would be happy to add you :blushbirb So you're planning to both leave your country? Pretty huge step, but definitely an interesting one. Please tell me it's Japan :awe

I can imagine, Brazil and Germany aren't exactly near each other. But good to know you're having a good time :blush Will definitely check that post, haha.

You didn't jynx anything, just so happens that I had a lot of things to do. Not sure about my level of activity from now, but I sure won't be gone anytime soon : D Mafia Games need a lot of time and commitment, so I'm always careful with participating xD But don't worry, I think there's a good chance I might join the next one with an interesting theme (not the one in February though)

Thanks, glad you like it :zomg
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
At least he isn't cursed. I can do whatever I want. Everytime there is a badge for the league, I am on 3rd place.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Looks like I attract badges :p
Like flower attracts bee? :zomg

The Shirou badge is cute. Who designed it? :?bunny

nii having his own badge :teehee
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Maybe :3 December just was a really busy time in general, this time I had to buy a lot of presents...

Sure, especially not in an "open" place like a forum, I know how you feel. If you have discord though, I would be happy to add you :blushbirb So you're planning to both leave your country? Pretty huge step, but definitely an interesting one. Please tell me it's Japan :awe

I can imagine, Brazil and Germany aren't exactly near each other. But good to know you're having a good time :blush Will definitely check that post, haha.

You didn't jynx anything, just so happens that I had a lot of things to do. Not sure about my level of activity from now, but I sure won't be gone anytime soon : D Mafia Games need a lot of time and commitment, so I'm always careful with participating xD But don't worry, I think there's a good chance I might join the next one with an interesting theme (not the one in February though)

Thanks, glad you like it :zomg
Big family? What you‘d expect from a Niichan :hee I don’t know anyone who does that presents stuff for Christmas so it was largely a normal month for me, apart from any birthday gifts.

I do have a Discord, but mostly just use it for MG related matters and not using often :XD But sure.
Hmm let’s just say, moshikashite? :D

Do want that rematch, so will look forward to the game you play. :nod
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Like flower attracts bee? :zomg

The Shirou badge is cute. Who designed it? :?bunny

nii having his own badge :teehee
Interesting analogy :XD

It was Marmy :blush

Big family? What you‘d expect from a Niichan :hee I don’t know anyone who does that presents stuff for Christmas so it was largely a normal month for me, apart from any birthday gifts.

I do have a Discord, but mostly just use it for MG related matters and not using often :XD But sure.
Hmm let’s just say, moshikashite? :D

Do want that rematch, so will look forward to the game you play. :nod
Eh funnily enough I don't have any siblings :XD Actually would have liked to have a brother or sister, but what can you do. I often hear that single kids have a too good image of siblings bc they don't know what it's really like lol. Still have a rather huge family on my father's side, but the presents were mostly for friends actually. Your birthday's in December?

Well I'm not using it that much either, but I'm there almost daily bc of work, so we will surely catch each other at some point : D
And lol Japan would be awesome, please tell me if you actually move there XD

Yeah I'm aware you want it quite a lot, always had that impression at least :p It's going to happen at some point, definitely :nod
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Hey mate, decided to renege on my promise to watch Fate Stay/Night this week. Instead I started with Fate Zero, which I think you said is fine to go with anyway. Did 4 episodes today, impressive stuff.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hey mate, decided to renege on my promise to watch Fate Stay/Night this week. Instead I started with Fate Zero, which I think you said is fine to go with anyway. Did 4 episodes today, impressive stuff.
That's actually the best option to go with if you're starting with anime :zomg I didn't expect you to actually read the Visual Novel, so this is as good as it can get on my watch :blushbirb Great to hear you're enjoying it so far, one of the best anime out there in my eyes. Please keep me updated : D
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Finished Season 1 of Fate/Zero. Going to start S2 today, I have a public holiday tomorrow so I should finish it. Rider is my favourite at this point.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Finished Season 1 of Fate/Zero. Going to start S2 today, I have a public holiday tomorrow so I should finish it. Rider is my favourite at this point.
Rider's great indeed, figured you would like him :pleased

He's called Broskander for a reason : D

Any other fav moments or characters so far, or already done?
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Any other fav moments or characters so far, or already done?
Finished to ep 3 of S2 (or episode 16).

Moments: I think any battle, especially the unleashing of a Riders/Sabers Phantasm, are hard to top and epic af. The plot threads have their own turns which are also pretty neat imo. Lancer vs/x Saber for example had a cruel end, and feeds into the Saber/Kiritsugu feud. So there's a few shocking moments in there.

Characters: Yea, Rider's the easiest to love (haven't heard Broskandar yet, just Iskandar/Alexander), Saber's my next favourite. A lot of the characters are likable to a certain degree.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Finished to ep 3 of S2 (or episode 16).

Moments: I think any battle, especially the unleashing of a Riders/Sabers Phantasm, are hard to top and epic af. The plot threads have their own turns which are also pretty neat imo. Lancer vs/x Saber for example had a cruel end, and feeds into the Saber/Kiritsugu feud. So there's a few shocking moments in there.

Characters: Yea, Rider's the easiest to love (haven't heard Broskandar yet, just Iskandar/Alexander), Saber's my next favourite. A lot of the characters are likable to a certain degree.
Sounds good :nod Saber unleashing her Noble Phantasm never gets old.

Think maybe you misunderstood, Broskander is what fans like to call him XD Kinda surprised Saber's your second favourite, I remember quite a few not being a big fan of her in Zero. Which reminds me, how did you like the Banquet of Kings? For lots of people it's one of the big highlights of the show, despite being mostly talk.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Kinda surprised Saber's your second favourite, I remember quite a few not being a big fan of her in Zero
People are just hard to please. She is missing the 'female' qualities people mostly complain about in weak females too. I guess, she's more like a man, which is a trope itself. Ah well.

Saber x Iri : )

Which reminds me, how did you like the Banquet of Kings? For lots of people it's one of the big highlights of the show, despite being mostly talk.
That's where they drank wine together?

It was a good part. I'm not really into the kings/leadership talk, I find that cumbersome. But thankfully it's not just for show and the characters themselves really embody their ideals. I don't have much of a read on Archer though, who is simultaneously the most annoying and funny guy in the show. I should say 'interesting', lol. He has his chats with Kirei though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Some great stuff there : D Battler's reaction to the cat ears lol :lmao

Also instantly had to think of the Eiserne Jungfrau as well, that makes the group a lot more interesting before we even get to know them :XD

And my bad that I didn't break your double-posting, next time a simple "I like what you posted!!!" should do the trick :3
Do the trick..... DO THE TRICK?!!!! AND YOU THINK I WILL ACCEPT SOMETHING LIKE THAT YOU MORONISH RED PIECE OF REDNESS?






























That would certainly help a lot. Highly appreciated. =3=/ However right now I won't spam much for quite a time tho. So you're save for the time being. -3-

Also tfw it's almost February lol.. time really goes fast but a step closer to the new WTC5!
Your caps breaks pretty often, huh? I apologize for the late response though :emobirb


I mean, what did my caps do to you? Like would you please leave my caps out of this, thank you very much.


And that's okay, Niinii apologies will not be accepted.


Nice Lambda pics! But let me tell you something... despite me criticizing the artist, I actually went through his Twitter to find more Lambda pictures, so I already know most of them :lmao

Oh lol. Well then I guess I won't have to spam his art for the time being. xD Although he did made a lovely Bernkastel fanart with short hair, which Shanahan started it haha. Gotta say, short hair does fit her just like how long hair fits Lambda. I might do one myself whenever I get the time for it too lol.

Nice track :nod


So did you eat the Mochi?

On a more serious note, that looks nice :zomg Anything else in the book that's noteworthy?

I like the way he draws her too, but damn that leg is thicc... :XD



By god, the burn :lmao Some very fine dark humor at work there, rofl. Poor Ange.

Thanks for the Christmas present Magi :blush I hope you found more great Umi pics already :blushbirb
Oh yes, Beato mochi shall not be forgotten T3T. It was a very taste one, it had some chocolate in it. I kind of liked it, tasted like a marshmallow lol, and I also drunk the tea that was in the Shannon small package thingy. I still can't really figure it out what kind of flavor it was, however it was quite the interesting taste, I must admit.

Hm, not really actually. I still have yet to translate the sentences in English but as far as I could read (just a few words), it does look funny? For the rest, it's mostly the two things that I mentioned early including that page cover that is also some sort of poster (truly love it).

Yeah, I am now really used to the thiccness he draws. XD I did interact with him a bit, although his English isn't really the best (understandable) he is quite a nice person. Twitter is really a nice way to meet many artists and see new art everyday that keeps appearing, and not to forget the meme's. xD Like 2019 started with that 'grabbing Sasuke' meme lel. It was serously everywhere with like every character possible..


I do. Whenever I will have more time, I will leave them of course in your thread. Look forward to it. =3=/
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
People are just hard to please. She is missing the 'female' qualities people mostly complain about in weak females too. I guess, she's more like a man, which is a trope itself. Ah well.

Saber x Iri : )

That's where they drank wine together?

It was a good part. I'm not really into the kings/leadership talk, I find that cumbersome. But thankfully it's not just for show and the characters themselves really embody their ideals. I don't have much of a read on Archer though, who is simultaneously the most annoying and funny guy in the show. I should say 'interesting', lol. He has his chats with Kirei though.
Well, you're not wrong. She's not exactly that "moe" and a rather stern character in Fate/Zero, not to mention she gets mandhandled quite a bit (more verbally than physically, like Kiritsugu ignoring her completely lol). She does have a lot of fans though, from other Fate works. I don't think it's much of a spoiler that her character development continues in Fate/Stay Night.

Saber x Iri is such an old couple, but a good and nostalgic one : )

lol I know what you mean about Gilgamesh. Never was a fan of him either, though... let's see he can get even worse BUT actually better in other Fate works. @syx on the other hand has always been a Gilgamesh fan :hee

Do the trick..... DO THE TRICK?!!!! AND YOU THINK I WILL ACCEPT SOMETHING LIKE THAT YOU MORONISH RED PIECE OF REDNESS?

That would certainly help a lot. Highly appreciated. =3=/ However right now I won't spam much for quite a time tho. So you're save for the time being. -3-

Also tfw it's almost February lol.. time really goes fast but a step closer to the new WTC5!




I mean, what did my caps do to you? Like would you please leave my caps out of this, thank you very much.


And that's okay, Niinii apologies will not be accepted.





Oh lol. Well then I guess I won't have to spam his art for the time being. xD Although he did made a lovely Bernkastel fanart with short hair, which Shanahan started it haha. Gotta say, short hair does fit her just like how long hair fits Lambda. I might do one myself whenever I get the time for it too lol.



Oh yes, Beato mochi shall not be forgotten T3T. It was a very taste one, it had some chocolate in it. I kind of liked it, tasted like a marshmallow lol, and I also drunk the tea that was in the Shannon small package thingy. I still can't really figure it out what kind of flavor it was, however it was quite the interesting taste, I must admit.

Hm, not really actually. I still have yet to translate the sentences in English but as far as I could read (just a few words), it does look funny? For the rest, it's mostly the two things that I mentioned early including that page cover that is also some sort of poster (truly love it).

Yeah, I am now really used to the thiccness he draws. XD I did interact with him a bit, although his English isn't really the best (understandable) he is quite a nice person. Twitter is really a nice way to meet many artists and see new art everyday that keeps appearing, and not to forget the meme's. xD Like 2019 started with that 'grabbing Sasuke' meme lel. It was serously everywhere with like every character possible..


I do. Whenever I will have more time, I will leave them of course in your thread. Look forward to it. =3=/
You're so lovely Magu-chan, always such a nice girl :blush

I noticed you've not been here much lately, is life getting even more busy for you? What are you up to these days? : D

You're right, time really flies... so please get me hyped for WTC5 even more with new fanart :3
Don't really follow Twitter actively, so I don't really know any of the new cool art. Feel free to share everything you might find, it's much appreciated, really :nod

lol sounds like you had a good time with that Umi food, nice! You gotta visit Japan one day, and experience more of their great food :pleased

And yeah, I think Twitter in general is way less toxic than say, FB or similar places. Not to mention an Umi fan can't be a bad person, at least that's what I want to believe : ) Saw the Sasuke meme on reddit actually, it was everywhere lol.

Yes, I'm very much looking forward to it =3=
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I think I'd love Gilgamesh if he didn't explain how he is interested in people, which is corny. But, he's savage too which makes me laugh. His best line is "that was a terrible play" after Kariya killed that Aoi lol.

Am up to episode 21, so I'm approaching the homestretch.

Some parts of the second season have been a bit too much, but there's more action so overall it's still going well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Finished. Archer was a standout (with Rider ofc) in the last half of S2. I'm not a converted Fate fanboy after seeing it but it was very impressive and well worth the time. MAL wise 7ish/10
 
Last edited:
Top