Oh, I actually heard of this OST before!
Though, it has a different title and I think it's deleted since I can't find it anymore... but either way, it's really awesome to listen
I study Informatics (ICT, Programming and other stuff).
I had Tsukihime on my read list for a while now (ever since you recommended me the manga during the MH ranking by Faust). I started reading it two months ago, but i had to pause it for a bit cuz of my workload. I like listening to OST tracks, so this is pretty nice, and i know you got good taste (evidence from MH OST rankings)
Funny, it seems I totally forgot about that... But that's great to hear! Tsukihime is a really old indie work, so it shows (only 10 different tracks, not many sprites or CGs), but it's still worth a read in my eyes, especially if you enjoy the Fate works. There's actually a remake in the works, but don't count on that happening anytime soon (mb in 5 years, if we're being optimistic) bc Type Moon is too busy milking their phone game.
Anyway, I went sorta offtopic there xD Hope you're enjoying the story and that you manage to finish it at some point, that way you can also get hyped for the eventual remake : D How far did you get?
And informatics is a good subject, not really my thing, but you can prolly find a good, well-paying job with that, so as long as you have fun with computer stuff, that's a lot of good things combined.
Not that far, still in the middle of the long beginning, stopped playing it cuz the electricity went out when I was playing and it's been a while that I saved, motivation went to zero because of that, tho I'm really really glad that I was still in the first arc and it wasn't sth like save was in arc 1 and I was in arc 2
Will get back to playing it probably next week cuz it's when my summer vacation (freedom is close)
But you can easily fast-forward the story Asa Even the whole first episode shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes if you use fast-forward (mb a bit more, just a guess), so I don't think it's that big of a deal. And once you unlock a new episode, you can start from there too. Still I know that feeling, getting back into a game after you haven't touched it in a really long time isn't easy.
Oh, I actually heard of this OST before!
Though, it has a different title and I think it's deleted since I can't find it anymore... but either way, it's really awesome to listen
Well, since I'm not fully done with the series yet (I'm going to DR3 XP), I have my right to still be obsess with it.
And okay then. Fanarts time! \o/
(this is more of a DR/Umineko crossover sprite, but imagine Erika as the Ultimate Detective in the game XD)
The battle between the masterminds and the rivals!
Wait, so you did play V3 before watching the Danganronpa 3 anime? Now that's an usual order.
Thanks for all the fanart! I see a lot of it is Kokichi and Nagito focused (and Erika would fit in really well with the Dangan cast lol)
And ofc good to hear you like the track : D
Funny, it seems I totally forgot about that... But that's great to hear! Tsukihime is a really old indie work, so it shows (only 10 different tracks, not many sprites or CGs), but it's still worth a read in my eyes, especially if you enjoy the Fate works. There's actually a remake in the works, but don't count on that happening anytime soon (mb in 5 years, if we're being optimistic) bc Type Moon is too busy milking their phone game.
Anyway, I went sorta offtopic there xD Hope you're enjoying the story and that you manage to finish it at some point, that way you can also get hyped for the eventual remake : D How far did you get?
And informatics is a good subject, not really my thing, but you can prolly find a good, well-paying job with that, so as long as you have fun with computer stuff, that's a lot of good things combined.
I greatly enjoy Type-Moon stuff, with Fate Zero and Kara no Kyoukai being among my favorite anime ever.
As for Tsukihime its been a fun read thus far. A bit weird relationship going on there between Shiki and Arcueid (considering what he did to her like out of nowhere --> i do understand that there is a reason to the madness though), but all in all its cool. I paused pretty early, they just finished the fight with that chaos dude with the mud hounds and stuff.
I love informatics, but the workload i have makes me wanna hate it lol. But its cool, i do hope i can find a job pretty soon, cuz im finishing college this summer.
Glad I could enhance your reading experience I hope you're going to finish Umi at some point, even if it's just the manga ;P
I would love to spam the thread with a lot more tracks, but I think a little bit at a time is less overwhelming and makes you appreciate the tracks more :3
But I guess I might as well share one more track which I think is very Umineko-like : D
And I got many advices to never watch the anime and only dedicate to read the manga now I need to start to start episode IV (the soundtrack is so pretty I might watch the anime only for the music ).
Damn, @Nii don't know if your a fan of pretty books but I just bought the paper editions of some of the Overlord novels. These are the most gorgeous LNs I've ever seen. Not sure if the Japanese versions look like this but... damn. Going digital up to this point was a mistake I may have to rebuy the rest of these just so I can look at them on my reading shelf. If you find yourself in a bookstore sometime you should search them out just to witness their majesty.
It's hardcover with like a red internal cover but then all the contents and such are printed with white text on black pages. With nice thick pages too. Everything about it just feels gothic in style.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
They've also got these long double sided art inserts by so-bin..
--- Double Post Merged, ---
When I saw how nice this was at a Barnes & Noble I may have openly wept.
I greatly enjoy Type-Moon stuff, with Fate Zero and Kara no Kyoukai being among my favorite anime ever.
As for Tsukihime its been a fun read thus far. A bit weird relationship going on there between Shiki and Arcueid (considering what he did to her like out of nowhere --> i do understand that there is a reason to the madness though), but all in all its cool. I paused pretty early, they just finished the fight with that chaos dude with the mud hounds and stuff.
I love informatics, but the workload i have makes me wanna hate it lol. But its cool, i do hope i can find a job pretty soon, cuz im finishing college this summer.
Well that's good to know, I'm sure you will enjoy it then So you're still in the first route out of 5, there's a long way to go, with lots of reveals still incoming. Personally I find the later stuff more appealing (Akiha/Hisui/Kohaku routes), but there's lots of interesting stuff in the whole VN. Looking forward to hear your thoughts.
Can't really share much yet, considering way too many spoilers, but have some Arcueid art at least : D
And good look with your job-hunting! I know from experience that studying gets rather tedious after a while, but you're almost there now.
And I got many advices to never watch the anime and only dedicate to read the manga now I need to start to start episode IV (the soundtrack is so pretty I might watch the anime only for the music ).
But! Absolutely don't watch the anime, it's horrible in all kind of ways, really. The music isn't from the anime either, it's from the source, the Visual Novel:
The VN has around 200 tracks, and most of them are great too, it's amazing. (and the anime, as far as I know, is using less than 10 tracks from the VN)
Damn, @Nii don't know if your a fan of pretty books but I just bought the paper editions of some of the Overlord novels. These are the most gorgeous LNs I've ever seen. Not sure if the Japanese versions look like this but... damn. Going digital up to this point was a mistake I may have to rebuy the rest of these just so I can look at them on my reading shelf. If you find yourself in a bookstore sometime you should search them out just to witness their majesty.
It's hardcover with like a red internal cover but then all the contents and such are printed with white text on black pages. With nice thick pages too. Everything about it just feels gothic in style.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
They've also got these long double sided art inserts by so-bin..
--- Double Post Merged, ---
When I saw how nice this was at a Barnes & Noble I may have openly wept.
Well I can assure you the Japanese version does look like that too, because
Lower right, I bought two Special Edition Overlord novels while in Japan It's really gorgeous, I wholly agree Prolly have yet to find better-looking Light Novels, but I'm not exactly much into reading them (you can count the ones I've read on one hand), so no expert on the matter xD
Well I can assure you the Japanese version does look like that too, because
Lower right, I bought two Special Edition Overlord novels while in Japan It's really gorgeous, I wholly agree Prolly have yet to find better-looking Light Novels, but I'm not exactly much into reading them (you can count the ones I've read on one hand), so no expert on the matter xD
Even if you never read them I feel like they are worth it just for the oldschool JRPG manual smell they've got. I think it's the glossy art pages or something.
This time, we have two more melancholic/calm tracks:
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So higher than what it sounded like, good And yes, I agree that a lot of game tracks you love exactly bc you have a connection to them. Though some decent quality can shine through, even without nostalgia or similar feelings involved. And with Umineko having more than 150 tracks (bc it originally was more of a sound novel), there's bound to be something good for everyone
Those Ost are amazing , the second has some Yuki Kajiura vibes, and dont know why but the 1st one somehow reminds me this track from FF9 or chrono trigger's corridor of times
Wait, so you did play V3 before watching the Danganronpa 3 anime? Now that's an usual order.
Thanks for all the fanart! I see a lot of it is Kokichi and Nagito focused (and Erika would fit in really well with the Dangan cast lol)
And ofc good to hear you like the track : D
Well, I started with the main games first, so it is a little unusual if you want a more concrete timeline of DR, but I did it anyway cause I thought at first that the spin-off game and anime were just optional XP
And yes, that means I've spoiled a lot in those titles, but who knows? Maybe I'll find one or two plot twists or arcs that I didn't see mention o/
Since I'm done with UDG (you can see my small thoughts on it in Asako's thread), I'm heading into the anime next.
Nagito and Kokichi are the best characters and best boys! Don't deny that!
But I'll shower some fanarts of best girls as well. Idk your favs, but some of mine are:
I happened to take a look around on my laptop gallery and saw some Fate vids I downloaded back then. I opened it and wow, Aimer's Broken Night and Hollow World are so epic
Well that's good to know, I'm sure you will enjoy it then So you're still in the first route out of 5, there's a long way to go, with lots of reveals still incoming. Personally I find the later stuff more appealing (Akiha/Hisui/Kohaku routes), but there's lots of interesting stuff in the whole VN. Looking forward to hear your thoughts.
Can't really share much yet, considering way too many spoilers, but have some Arcueid art at least : D
And good look with your job-hunting! I know from experience that studying gets rather tedious after a while, but you're almost there now.
Thanks for the art, much appreciated
But! Absolutely don't watch the anime, it's horrible in all kind of ways, really. The music isn't from the anime either, it's from the source, the Visual Novel:
The VN has around 200 tracks, and most of them are great too, it's amazing. (and the anime, as far as I know, is using less than 10 tracks from the VN)
Would certainly watch Isekai Final Fantasy :3
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well I can assure you the Japanese version does look like that too, because
Lower right, I bought two Special Edition Overlord novels while in Japan It's really gorgeous, I wholly agree Prolly have yet to find better-looking Light Novels, but I'm not exactly much into reading them (you can count the ones I've read on one hand), so no expert on the matter xD
But! Absolutely don't watch the anime, it's horrible in all kind of ways, really. The music isn't from the anime either, it's from the source, the Visual Novel:
The VN has around 200 tracks, and most of them are great too, it's amazing. (and the anime, as far as I know, is using less than 10 tracks from the VN)
Then I need to get the visual novel, 200 soundtracks wow
You know the anime has such a bad reputation I'm curious to watch it only to see how bad it is the Higurashi anime adaptations are pretty good if I remember.
Btw Nii I finished Mob S2 (o´▽`o) (gonna tag @Sis as well)
Even if you never read them I feel like they are worth it just for the oldschool JRPG manual smell they've got. I think it's the glossy art pages or something.
Those Ost are amazing , the second has some Yuki Kajiura vibes, and dont know why but the 1st one somehow reminds me this track from FF9 or chrono trigger's corridor of times
Yeah same, Beate Bibi, Lulu and Shadow (ff6) are among my fave FF characters
Yeah I can see why, they're all somewhat melancholic. Good FF music never gets old Glad to hear you're liking the Umi OST so far!
Not surprised about Lulu, she's somewhat similar to Beate I feel XD (though I like Beate way more tbh...) Dunno about shadow, never played FF6 Just a matter of time though, the plan is to finish all of the newer FF singleplayer games first (not including 13, played that one and it was meh), then mb try some of the old ones (stuff from before 7). Currently playing X-2, which is certainly something
Well, I started with the main games first, so it is a little unusual if you want a more concrete timeline of DR, but I did it anyway cause I thought at first that the spin-off game and anime were just optional XP
And yes, that means I've spoiled a lot in those titles, but who knows? Maybe I'll find one or two plot twists or arcs that I didn't see mention o/
Since I'm done with UDG (you can see my small thoughts on it in Asako's thread), I'm heading into the anime next.
Nagito and Kokichi are the best characters and best boys! Don't deny that!
But I'll shower some fanarts of best girls as well. Idk your favs, but some of mine are:
I'm sure the anime will still give you one or two surprises, though I'm also not entirely happy with the D3 anime... they're definitely weaker than the games and some of the answers are not really to my liking xD But they're far from bad either, hope you're going to have fun btw, what are your thoughts about the final reveal in V3?
I'm not denying that Nagito is best boy, Kokichi I think not xP (he's good too though, just not as good as Nagito). Best girls for me are Kirigiri, Kaede, Maki and Chiaki : D Thanks for the fanarts
I happened to take a look around on my laptop gallery and saw some Fate vids I downloaded back then. I opened it and wow, Aimer's Broken Night and Hollow World are so epic
Good taste detected :3 Bought the HnK volume because it was shiny (the gold is glittering), and I thought that's really cool Sadly versions like that don't make it to the west
And Higurashi/Umineko always get my support
Then I need to get the visual novel, 200 soundtracks wow
You know the anime has such a bad reputation I'm curious to watch it only to see how bad it is the Higurashi anime adaptations are pretty good if I remember.
Btw Nii I finished Mob S2 (o´▽`o) (gonna tag @Sis as well)
Prolly not exactly 200, bc that includes ending and opening songs too, and prolly some unused tracks, but 160+ still is a lot It's one of the things that makes the Visual Novel so great. But anyway, the anime only covers half of the story, portrays some things wrong (so that it destroys some of the mystery bc it shows something that should be impossible), has lackluster animation, has an inferior OST... to sum it up, no one should touch this thing xD
And tbh I never played the Higurashi VN, but from what I know the anime is a rather good adaptation, though ofc not exactly perfect. I'm going to play Higurashi once the western re-release is complete, definitely, think I forgot quite a lot by now anyway (think I watched the anime 7 or 8 years ago or so)
Good taste detected :3 Bought the HnK volume because it was shiny (the gold is glittering), and I thought that's really cool Sadly versions like that don't make it to the west
And Higurashi/Umineko always get my support
Yea it is, only the JP and french vr have it glittered, it's really cool, sad that the eng ver doesn't have them as the book does look gemy when shiny but also the eng vr in generally doesn't adapt the cover well. Considering some parts are missing, the part that are inside the book
Like this, pretty sure I remember that ventricosus in the eng ver is missing
Btw will u start the manga soon or still a while really
Things are amazing right now in the manga (and heartbreaking)