Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blink22

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
660
Reaction score
1,432
Age
32
Country
United States
Should have just gone all out without censoring
 

Kouzai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
39
Reaction score
46
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Shokugeki no Soma CP from GIGA
NSFW btw
One thing I hate about Tosh art is noodle legs/ thin thigh though it is not noticeable here.

 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This explains a lot.

 

LuckyJim

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2018
Messages
326
Reaction score
366
Age
30
Country
Buy Moria
This explains a lot.

Splatter Film was the first thing I thought of when I read the newest chapter.

In case anyone wants to read it. (warning, gore)
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The most pushed manga in Jump since Toriko must continue being pushed
Since Black Clover, no? Or do you think Stone is more pushed than it was some years ago?
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
Found this post from MangAniMY.

It does seem like the digital rankings are mostly comparable to the physical ones, at least for the ongoing stuff. But there's a surprising amount of old stuff. I guess if someone wants to get into Naruto or Bleach today, it's easier to get them online than to make room for 70 volumes. Mangaplus is fairly similar.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States

CuriousReborn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2013
Messages
638
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
Bahrain
How was the recent Tsubasa anime? I watched like the first 15 episodes and then had to focus on other things. Was it more or less the same or did it improve on the original?
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,403
Reaction score
816
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
ST&RS (SO MUCH GOOD STORIES AND CHARACTERS WASTED)
Illegal rare
Hungry joker
(In my opinion it could have even more success than Black clover... I loved it)
Takamagahara
UBS
This is my TOP 5
 

CuriousReborn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2013
Messages
638
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
Bahrain
ST&RS (SO MUCH GOOD STORIES AND CHARACTERS WASTED)
Illegal rare
Hungry joker
(In my opinion it could have even more success than Black clover... I loved it)
Takamagahara
UBS
This is my TOP 5
Wow someone who likes Takamagahara?! May I ask what you like about it? I personally found nothing redeemable in it, but im interested in what you think.
 

puppeto4

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2007
Messages
82
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
ST&RS (SO MUCH GOOD STORIES AND CHARACTERS WASTED)
Illegal rare
Hungry joker
(In my opinion it could have even more success than Black clover... I loved it)
Takamagahara
UBS
This is my TOP 5
I'm surprised that someone actually remembered Takamagahara
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
How was the recent Tsubasa anime? I watched like the first 15 episodes and then had to focus on other things. Was it more or less the same or did it improve on the original?
It was my introduction to the series so I can't really say how it compares, but it was fine. If you saw the first 15 episodes, it was much the same for the rest of the run really. Pacing was quite fast, like 2 episodes per volume, although I don't know how that compares to the original. Even despite that some things felt dragged out, so it wasn't a bad thing.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Pretty sure half the comments on this forum would be trending if we just moved these discussions to twitter. :story

Since it's past the halfway point I'm curious to know which series do ya'll think has been the best so far this year, ie. from Jan to June this year.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Pretty sure half the comments on this forum would be trending if we just moved these discussions to twitter. :story

Since it's past the halfway point I'm curious to know which series do ya'll think has been the best so far this year, ie. from Jan to June this year.
In terms of new series? Chainsaw Man, without question. Everything else had fairly standard half-years, but Chainsaw Man has had a genuinely really impressive rise.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,403
Reaction score
816
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Wow someone who likes Takamagahara?! May I ask what you like about it? I personally found nothing redeemable in it, but im interested in what you think.
I don't know... I kinda liked the MC, the ambientation and fightings...
I think it could have gotten a good manga in the future
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top