Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue16

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
5,974
Age
28
Country
Spain
I am glad this year Haikyuu has so many color pages. Probably on January it is on the cover again (or maybe earlier)
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,559
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Samurai seems to me higher than at other times XD
 

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yuuna's higher than usual placement is, once again, a welcome sight(and nothing to do with a color page this time).
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Samurai seems to me higher than at other times XD
That's just your eyes tricking you. It's still stuck with the Failure Three and Yui, it's just not in the middle of the bunch like with last week.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,597
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Always a pleasure seeing Yuuna above many others and glad for Black Clover getting a cp next week :)
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
For some reason, Act-Age just can't get even close to the top (or even a Top 5) for a while now (since the issue #29 I believe).
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Soooo... what the heck happened to Chainsawman for it to be this low? 🤔
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
That's just your eyes tricking you. It's still stuck with the Failure Three and Yui, it's just not in the middle of the bunch like with last week.
It was Taisei that was oddly up last week. Normally it's the 3 mega-flops at the bottom with Yui and Sam8 switching above them.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ace-age needs to go a little bit up so that I can feel safer, nothing more to say.

The irony is that I'd argue the modern series are generally stronger in terms of actual hard quality. Go figure.
Heh, no. Just no.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Ace-age needs to go a little bit up so that I can feel safer, nothing more to say.

Heh, no. Just no.
Leoat, Act-Age is perfectly fine. It literally just got a major promo campaign two weeks ago.

Also, may you expand on why you think that about the modern series?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Cover to the third Black Clover novel.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Leoat, Act-Age is perfectly fine. It literally just got a major promo campaign two weeks ago.

Also, may you expand on why you think that about the modern series?
It doesn't mean that it is going to survive if it stays in the bottom. It has to be better then the cushions to be safe.

Most of them I don't follow because when they started I thought it would be meh and didn't go after new chapters (ESJ only published only 3 chapters initially as you probably remember) and I have no intention to pick them up now since no advertisement convinced me they have anything special. As for the ones I follow, except for One Piece and Act-Age I could drop all of them and I wouldn't miss anything.

Back then on the other hand, I picked everything with 300+ chapters and read it without much effort, it was good. One Piece and Naruto I don't need to mention, Reborn had good art and battles (despite the struggle in the beginning and the terrible ending), Sket Dance is still for me the most funny manga I've ever read, Bakuman continues to be one of my favorites mangas, NuraMago I have all the volumes, great art and story, etc. I have good memories from them, I don't know if I will remember the recent releases as anything special, I find nicer mangas in other places.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
It doesn't mean that it is going to survive if it stays in the bottom. It has to be better then the cushions to be safe.

Most of them I don't follow because when they started I thought it would be meh and didn't go after new chapters (ESJ only published only 3 chapters initially as you probably remember) and I have no intention to pick them up now since no advertisement convinced me they have anything special. As for they ones I follow, except for One Piece and Act-Age I could drop all of them and I wouldn't miss anything.

Back then on the other hand, I picked everything with 300+ chapters and read it without much effort, it was good. One Piece and Naruto I don't need to mention, Reborn had good art and battles (despite the struggle in the beginning and the terrible ending), Sket Dance is still for me the most funny manga I've ever read, Bakuman continues to be one of my favorites mangas, NuraMago I have all the volumes, great art and story, etc. I have good memories from them, I don't know if I will remember the recent releases as anything special, I find nicer mangas in other places.
Your comment reads very nostalgia tinted, to be blunt.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Samurai 8 Volume #01 & Volume #02 Cover

Eh, they're...decent I guess? Kishi's Naruto covers are considerably more dynamic, but these are fine for what they're worth.

I will say though that covers aren't really determinations of anything regarding sales. Let's not forget, Spy x Family Vol 1 is just "Twilight reading newspaper", and it sold how much exactly?
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Your comment reads very nostalgia tinted, to be blunt.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Eh, they're...decent I guess? Kishi's Naruto covers are considerably more dynamic, but these are fine for what they're worth.

I will say though that covers aren't really determinations of anything regarding sales. Let's not forget, Spy x Family Vol 1 is just "Twilight reading newspaper", and it sold how much exactly?
Except here Kishi only does the story so the artist probably decided on the design which I have to say is simple without overcrowding the cover and I think it works great that way.
 

jhin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 18, 2019
Messages
41
Reaction score
71
Age
28
Country
India
it's funny when someone makes a post about a series getting canceled by ch 10 when it only had 5 chapters released and then series continues even after ch 10 then u become salty about that series every time someone mentions it or say something positive about it and u try to downplay everything.
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top