- Joined
- May 17, 2019
- Messages
- 1,766
- Reaction score
- 5,974
- Age
- 28
- Country
-
I am glad this year Haikyuu has so many color pages. Probably on January it is on the cover again (or maybe earlier)
That's just your eyes tricking you. It's still stuck with the Failure Three and Yui, it's just not in the middle of the bunch like with last week.Samurai seems to me higher than at other times XD

For some reason, Act-Age just can't get even close to the top (or even a Top 5) for a while now (since the issue #29 I believe).
Literally nothing. The 8 Week Rule is a myth.Soooo... what the heck happened to Chainsawman for it to be this low?![]()
It was Taisei that was oddly up last week. Normally it's the 3 mega-flops at the bottom with Yui and Sam8 switching above them.That's just your eyes tricking you. It's still stuck with the Failure Three and Yui, it's just not in the middle of the bunch like with last week.
Heh, no. Just no.The irony is that I'd argue the modern series are generally stronger in terms of actual hard quality. Go figure.
Leoat, Act-Age is perfectly fine. It literally just got a major promo campaign two weeks ago.Ace-age needs to go a little bit up so that I can feel safer, nothing more to say.
Heh, no. Just no.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You know what? Those are some pretty nice looking covers. I can see a lot of people going "so this is what Kishimoto has been up to!" and picking them up.Samurai 8 Volume #01 & Volume #02 Cover
It doesn't mean that it is going to survive if it stays in the bottom. It has to be better then the cushions to be safe.Leoat, Act-Age is perfectly fine. It literally just got a major promo campaign two weeks ago.
Also, may you expand on why you think that about the modern series?
Your comment reads very nostalgia tinted, to be blunt.It doesn't mean that it is going to survive if it stays in the bottom. It has to be better then the cushions to be safe.
Most of them I don't follow because when they started I thought it would be meh and didn't go after new chapters (ESJ only published only 3 chapters initially as you probably remember) and I have no intention to pick them up now since no advertisement convinced me they have anything special. As for they ones I follow, except for One Piece and Act-Age I could drop all of them and I wouldn't miss anything.
Back then on the other hand, I picked everything with 300+ chapters and read it without much effort, it was good. One Piece and Naruto I don't need to mention, Reborn had good art and battles (despite the struggle in the beginning and the terrible ending), Sket Dance is still for me the most funny manga I've ever read, Bakuman continues to be one of my favorites mangas, NuraMago I have all the volumes, great art and story, etc. I have good memories from them, I don't know if I will remember the recent releases as anything special, I find nicer mangas in other places.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Eh, they're...decent I guess? Kishi's Naruto covers are considerably more dynamic, but these are fine for what they're worth.Samurai 8 Volume #01 & Volume #02 Cover
Except here Kishi only does the story so the artist probably decided on the design which I have to say is simple without overcrowding the cover and I think it works great that way.Your comment reads very nostalgia tinted, to be blunt.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Eh, they're...decent I guess? Kishi's Naruto covers are considerably more dynamic, but these are fine for what they're worth.
I will say though that covers aren't really determinations of anything regarding sales. Let's not forget, Spy x Family Vol 1 is just "Twilight reading newspaper", and it sold how much exactly?
Giyuu looks nice, I really love seeing him next to Tanjirou.