- Joined
- Dec 20, 2017
- Messages
- 420
- Reaction score
- 535
- Country
-
Sorry if anyone is annoyed by the multiple quotes
www.animenewsnetwork.com
Don't see Bleach.
Now if you stopped being lazy and maybe researched for once you'd know the reason it has started appearing in the recent fiscal reports is due to Bleach Brave souls mobile game which has over 40 million downloads. TV Tokyo is of course one of the main producers.
Infact, Gintama even sold an average of 3k BDs and was the second most popular anime in Hulujapan's streaming site in 2018.
Last time I checked, Hulujapan had more subs than Crunchyroll and yet Gintama still couldn't break in the top 5 sales and gross profit in 2018 for TV Tokyo.
Really shows you have no clue outside of WSJ related topics.
Now if you actually believe BC managed to beat a merchandise juggernaut through TV ratings alone in Japan, then you're sadly delusional like Sharkbait.
This is from the latest report I found a few minutes ago.
Also very bad at readingThanks for posting this. I was too lazy to google.
Did you miss the part where it says TV Tokyo's shows made 13.7 billion yen in revenue from overseas?This list basically proves how unremarkable BC's sales is.
Bleach's anime has had consistently low ratings for half of its run, sales of about 1.5k - 2k in DVD + BD combined and still lists consistently in these lists TV TOKYO puts out years after the anime ended.
TV Tokyo's Most Profitable Anime: April 2015 to March 2016
TV Tokyo has seen an increase in both sales and profits this year, due to the popularity of their anime titles both inside and outside of Japan. At the...
Now if you stopped being lazy and maybe researched for once you'd know the reason it has started appearing in the recent fiscal reports is due to Bleach Brave souls mobile game which has over 40 million downloads. TV Tokyo is of course one of the main producers.
Gintama, Osomatsu-san, Yokai Watch, PriPara, Gundam Build fighters, Aikatsu, Beyblade says hi.It really just shows that TV Tokyo has no major franchise in its wings aside from Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Naruto.
Infact, Gintama even sold an average of 3k BDs and was the second most popular anime in Hulujapan's streaming site in 2018.
Last time I checked, Hulujapan had more subs than Crunchyroll and yet Gintama still couldn't break in the top 5 sales and gross profit in 2018 for TV Tokyo.
Really shows you have no clue outside of WSJ related topics.
That's not what I implied at all. Saying it played a major role doesn't mean it was the sole factor. Stop sidestepping what I actually meant in my post.Again, you're doing the same thing people are doing here with the manga industry and digital market. Equating the overall value and applying it for a single product.
And yet here we are with BC being more profitable than Yu-Gi-Oh last year.Naruto, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh are extremely popular outside of Japan. This shouldn't even be stated at this point. It's pretty much a given that TV Tokyo's revenue from overseas is from these three franchises. Equating their popularity and applying that to BC is such a poor misdirection of information.
Now if you actually believe BC managed to beat a merchandise juggernaut through TV ratings alone in Japan, then you're sadly delusional like Sharkbait.
Do I have to spoonfeed you every little detail?I did like how you start off by quoting their article and then use that as a way to say BC is popular on Crunchyroll without provide anything to back that up as their article does not even mention it. Nice try, I guess.
Guess which company handles the licensing for Black Clover's overseas distribution genius? TV Tokyo and PierrotIf you're gonna quote an article, use the whole paragraph so that the entire context is understood. It's clearly stated that the Japanese industry does not feel majority of this growth oversees since the sales goes to licensing management companies.
No it goes to whoever is handling the license for the show. And nowhere does the article state that a "fraction" of it goes to the Japanese industry. So nice try.So from the $7 billion revenue of overseas market, a fraction of that goes to Japanese industry.
I was specifically speaking about the anime market but I admit I was slightly wrong. The gap isn't as big as 101nemesis thinks though.No, it isn't. The manga market is the biggest in Japan by far. lol This isn't the anime market, which even so, Japan still is the biggest and then it comes China, the rest of Asia, and the west.
This is from the latest report I found a few minutes ago.
Last edited:
