Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarot

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
535
Country
Italy
Sorry if anyone is annoyed by the multiple quotes
Thanks for posting this. I was too lazy to google.
Also very bad at reading
This list basically proves how unremarkable BC's sales is.
Did you miss the part where it says TV Tokyo's shows made 13.7 billion yen in revenue from overseas?
Bleach's anime has had consistently low ratings for half of its run, sales of about 1.5k - 2k in DVD + BD combined and still lists consistently in these lists TV TOKYO puts out years after the anime ended.
Don't see Bleach.

Now if you stopped being lazy and maybe researched for once you'd know the reason it has started appearing in the recent fiscal reports is due to Bleach Brave souls mobile game which has over 40 million downloads. TV Tokyo is of course one of the main producers.
It really just shows that TV Tokyo has no major franchise in its wings aside from Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Naruto.
Gintama, Osomatsu-san, Yokai Watch, PriPara, Gundam Build fighters, Aikatsu, Beyblade says hi.

Infact, Gintama even sold an average of 3k BDs and was the second most popular anime in Hulujapan's streaming site in 2018.


Last time I checked, Hulujapan had more subs than Crunchyroll and yet Gintama still couldn't break in the top 5 sales and gross profit in 2018 for TV Tokyo.

Really shows you have no clue outside of WSJ related topics.
Again, you're doing the same thing people are doing here with the manga industry and digital market. Equating the overall value and applying it for a single product.
That's not what I implied at all. Saying it played a major role doesn't mean it was the sole factor. Stop sidestepping what I actually meant in my post.
Naruto, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh are extremely popular outside of Japan. This shouldn't even be stated at this point. It's pretty much a given that TV Tokyo's revenue from overseas is from these three franchises. Equating their popularity and applying that to BC is such a poor misdirection of information.
And yet here we are with BC being more profitable than Yu-Gi-Oh last year.


Now if you actually believe BC managed to beat a merchandise juggernaut through TV ratings alone in Japan, then you're sadly delusional like Sharkbait.
I did like how you start off by quoting their article and then use that as a way to say BC is popular on Crunchyroll without provide anything to back that up as their article does not even mention it. Nice try, I guess.
Do I have to spoonfeed you every little detail?


If you're gonna quote an article, use the whole paragraph so that the entire context is understood. It's clearly stated that the Japanese industry does not feel majority of this growth oversees since the sales goes to licensing management companies.
Guess which company handles the licensing for Black Clover's overseas distribution genius? TV Tokyo and Pierrot
So from the $7 billion revenue of overseas market, a fraction of that goes to Japanese industry.
No it goes to whoever is handling the license for the show. And nowhere does the article state that a "fraction" of it goes to the Japanese industry. So nice try.
No, it isn't. The manga market is the biggest in Japan by far. lol This isn't the anime market, which even so, Japan still is the biggest and then it comes China, the rest of Asia, and the west.
I was specifically speaking about the anime market but I admit I was slightly wrong. The gap isn't as big as 101nemesis thinks though.

This is from the latest report I found a few minutes ago.
 
Last edited:

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Pages ago seeing the discussion about the anime committees something come to my mind but I didn't said it because people would reee about it.
Maybe, and only maybe, Black clover have more profitable because only pierrot , TV tokyo and Shueshia are in the committee unlike other jump's anime?
I didn't say it because the "black clover isn't a success" debate is boring and usually is a "fanboys + 3 people who see that the series didn't fail + trolls vs hater + some trolls", but I would like to know if the committe have something to do.
 

Tarot

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
535
Country
Italy
Pages ago seeing the discussion about the anime committees something come to my mind but I didn't said it because people would reee about it.
Maybe, and only maybe, Black clover have more profitable because only pierrot , TV tokyo and Shueshia are in the committee unlike other jump's anime?
I didn't say it because the "black clover isn't a success" debate is boring and usually is a "fanboys + 3 people who see that the series didn't fail + trolls vs hater + some trolls", but I would like to know if the committe have something to do.
Shueisha isn't in the committee but they're involved in the anime's planning. It's just TV Tokyo and Pierrot in the committee which means they're taking most of the risks. Shueisha here has nothing to lose because they're not funding the anime at all. Both TV Tokyo and Pierrot will have to pay Shueisha to renew the license if they want to keep animating the show though.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,546
Reaction score
11,287
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
here we go...

There is no way to compare Kaguya with the demon (Black clover).
Kaguya was introduced very near the end of the manga as the demon (Black clover) opened the fan to many new things in history.

At a narrative level, they are more or less the same character, a video game boss that emerges from nothingness that trivializes the plot [/ SPOILER]

But I guess we're OT.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Speaking of Kimetsu, how has the "final arc" being going? As in how much is there left of the story, I'm already spoiled with Shinobu's, Tokito's and Genya's deaths, like seriously this looks like Akame ga Kill levels of massacre lmao, so I was wondering how close it is to actually ending
"Final arc" has been going great with the current fight wrapping up after going on for like 13 chapters. It's one of the better fights in the series actually. There's also like over 25 chapters that aren't put out in volume format. I think the series can end in around 40 chapters. That said, I think it's possible that Kimetsu can end around volume 25, we're currently at volume 17 and keeping in mind there's like 25 chapters not in volume format so it could very well end next year.

Even if you are spoiled, you should get caught up for sure. BTW regarding on what you've been spoiled on.. 2 of those deaths aren't fully confirmed yet even if it is likely.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
"Final arc" has been going great with the current fight wrapping up after going on for like 13 chapters. It's one of the better fights in the series actually. There's also like over 25 chapters that aren't put out in volume format. I think the series can end in around 40 chapters. That said, I think it's possible that Kimetsu can end around volume 25, we're currently at volume 17 and keeping in mind there's like 25 chapters not in volume format so it could very well end next year.
I see thanks , seems like it may have a good natural ending at this pace, was a bit unsure on straight out calling it final arc since anything can happen, but with all of the spoilers this is legit sounding like endgame zone, anyway better to have Gotoge end it on his own terms rather trying to prolong for no reason
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I see thanks , seems like it may have a good natural ending at this pace, was a bit unsure on straight out calling it final arc since anything can happen, but with all of the spoilers this is legit sounding like endgame zone, anyway better to have Gotoge end it on his own terms rather trying to prolong for no reason
I think its reasonable to call it the final arc given how the story is developing. It is for sure feeling like endgame.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
At a narrative level, they are more or less the same character, a video game boss that emerges from nothingness that trivializes the plot [/ SPOILER]

But I guess we're OT.
they are not, this is just a petty without any basis.
kaguya was taken out of nowhere not the devil, and will still be explored.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Sorry if anyone is annoyed by the multiple quotes

Also very bad at reading

Did you miss the part where it says TV Tokyo's shows made 13.7 billion yen in revenue from overseas?

Don't see Bleach.

Now if you stopped being lazy and maybe researched for once you'd know the reason it has started appearing in the recent fiscal reports is due to Bleach Brave souls mobile game which has over 40 million downloads. TV Tokyo is of course one of the main producers.

Gintama, Osomatsu-san, Yokai Watch, PriPara, Gundam Build fighters, Aikatsu, Beyblade says hi.

Infact, Gintama even sold an average of 3k BDs and was the second most popular anime in Hulujapan's streaming site in 2018.


Last time I checked, Hulujapan had more subs than Crunchyroll and yet Gintama still couldn't break in the top 5 sales and gross profit in 2018 for TV Tokyo.

Really shows you have no clue outside of WSJ related topics.

That's not what I implied at all. Saying it played a major role doesn't mean it was the sole factor. Stop sidestepping what I actually meant in my post.

And yet here we are with BC being more profitable than Yu-Gi-Oh last year.


Now if you actually believe BC managed to beat a merchandise juggernaut through TV ratings alone in Japan, then you're sadly delusional like Sharkbait.

Do I have to spoonfeed you every little detail?



Guess which company handles the licensing for Black Clover's overseas distribution genius? TV Tokyo and Pierrot

No it goes to whoever is handling the license for the show. And nowhere does the article state that a "fraction" of it goes to the Japanese industry. So nice try.

I was specifically speaking about the anime market but I admit I was slightly wrong. The gap isn't as big as 101nemesis thinks though.

This is from the latest report I found a few minutes ago.
You know what, you can take this one. I'm not gonna waste my time going through all these articles and links and trying to counter your points with posts and links of my own. I'm sure you know what you're talking about. And from a quick glance your attachments seem legit, so not even gonna bother counter arguing by going more in depth.

I'm lazy because I've other stuff to do. Same reason why I haven't read a manga chapter of anything in two months or more.

Imma just come back to this when BC inevitably gets up getting cancelled IF its manga keeps declining.
Cool?
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
In other topic...
Do you think Neverland will surpass Kingdom??
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,405
Reaction score
39,130
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Kimetsu no Yaiba is charting higher than One Piece at the Shoseki top 500 for the 2nd day, impressive, also both Samurai 8 volumes are charting higher with v1 back to the top 100, nice :)
 

BaNChiGay

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2019
Messages
77
Reaction score
41
Age
30
Country
Philippines
You guys sure keep ignoring BC digital sales huh? Who knows BC might be a million seller there
In other topic...
Do you think Neverland will surpass Kingdom??
No
 

chrisbj

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2015
Messages
191
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The Haikyuu sales drop is Bleach level, they both dropped around 50% from their peak. So this is what not having a anime for a long period does.
Taizai's drop is way worse though.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,546
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I don't know what to think about Boruto. I mean, the anime is pretty meh and the manga doesn't really stand out. Still, the anime is being very succesful for Pierrot and the manga has already beaten Dragon Ball Super in its own terrain in Mangaplus.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,405
Reaction score
39,130
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The manga has been great for many months and the last 3 chapters were fantastic and a hell of turning point for the franchise so isn't much of a surprise that is beating Dragon Ball Super in views, the fanbase is hyped as fuck with the manga right now
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,546
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Out of curiosity: who is watching the classic Saint Seiya anime in Netflix?
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,546
Reaction score
11,287
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I don't know what to think about Boruto. I mean, the anime is pretty meh and the manga doesn't really stand out. Still, the anime is being very succesful for Pierrot and the manga has already beaten Dragon Ball Super in its own terrain in Mangaplus.
I don't think that mangaplus is a reliable source honestly......

The manga has been great for many months and the last 3 chapters were fantastic and a hell of turning point for the franchise
Seriously ?

For me the already poor quality has deteriorated considerably ...
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
It is the 3rd day now on Shoseki, Kimetsu is still beating One Piece daily, what?? Now the gap is even larger!

3 9784088820804 鬼滅の刃 17 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2019.10.4
9 9784088820545 ONE PIECE 94 集英社 尾田栄一郎 2019.10.4
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,546
Reaction score
11,287
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Can you post the list translated ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top