Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 179 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,137
Reaction score
1,886
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
Tokito, dismemberment was shocking, So yes his death was set in stone. My 1st read I didnt even see his lower half drop, nor did I see him lose a leg...Sad Death still he was still young & got manhandled in the fight, he literally sacrificed himself..

Genya's death is messed up, because he has a older brother as a pillar and he died help protecting his brother. He survived having his torso & lower half separated from each other...Split vertically I didnt think he would survive, but to disentergrate like a demin..ouch. No remains to even bury or a real grave sitr...Demon slayer delivers on their brutality all the way through
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
Its not necessarily extinct. Kokushibo was a human hundreds of years ago... His descendants could number in the thousands. It is still horrible that he killed one of them though.


Welp, this chapter is realistically speaking the most logical conclusion to the fight. I did kinda thought genya would regenerate. And it is very surprising that his death is actually like that of a demon. I figured he'd leave a corpse behind. Its a Shame that we didn't get to see tokito get turned into a demon...
That is could be true as well. We aren t even sure If there is any tsugikuni bloodline anymore though. Even if they are around they probably tsugikuni non fighters and civillians. Definetly not a demon slayers that I am 100 percent sure.

Genya is deader than dead like Shinobu. I am also confuse why he turn to dust like a demon? I thought he at least die like a human.

You have any prediction who will die next? I hope at least Tanjiro,Giyu,Kanao and Nezuko survive to the end. its not like I want others to die. Just I want Gotouge to spare this four cross my fingers lol :( :(
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Genya's death is completely unexpected,but still remember him hearing Muzan's voice.

I doubt he will die before that issue is revealed.

But still a complete surprise for me.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,321
Reaction score
24,937
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
That is could be true as well. We aren t even sure If there is any tsugikuni bloodline anymore though. Even if they are around they probably tsugikuni non fighters and civillians. Definetly not a demon slayers that I am 100 percent sure.

Genya is deader than dead like Shinobu. I am also confuse why he turn to dust like a demon? I thought he at least die like a human.

You have any prediction who will die next? I hope at least Tanjiro,Giyu,Kanao and Nezuko survive to the end. its not like I want others to die. Just I want Gotouge to spare this four cross my fingers lol :( :(
Kokushibo left his family to become a demon slayer and then became a demon... I'd say its unlikely at best that his family became demon slayers.

I think sanemi and gyomei will die. They spent quite a bit of energy and blood fighting kokushibo and the only thing ahead of them is taking on muzan.... It's not a good prospect for either. Not sure about giyu, obanai and kanroji though. It wouldn't be too strange if the author intends to have all pillars die against muzan.
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria

Ace

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
180
Reaction score
283
Age
35
Country
Canada
When Moichiro met upper moon 1, I kinda knew he was dead. He may have been able to solo an upper moon before but this one was WAY out of his league. I was quite surprised about Genya tho. I thought that the 5 senses(Tanjiro, Kanao, Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Genya) were going to be protected by plot armor. I mean when I look at other anime's main crew they tend to always survive the worst. Naruto main 3 and Fairy tail main 5 were great examples of some group of characters that have plot armor on them so you highly doubt that they would die.
When I look at this now, There are actually still a couple of fights left. People are forgetting that Upper moon 4 and 6 got replaced beforehand. So that means Upper moon 5 has yet to show themselves. So it's a good possibility that there are 3 major fights left.

Upper Moon 4 vs Snake Pillar(Don't remember his name)
Upper Moon 5 vs Mitsuri.
I think Mitsuri is gonna get separated from the snake pillar and will be forced to solo an upper moon

Next Major deaths.... well I personally thought that Giyuu and the rock pillar were going to be the next to die. But from the looks of it their killing off fan-favorites first, So we could be looking at deaths to maybe either Mitsuri or Giyuu( Judging by popularity)
 

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,640
Reaction score
6,369
Gender
Male
Country
United States
While it shouldn't come as a surprise, I was not expecting two deaths at the same time. Also expected Gyomei to bite the dust.
 

soushiee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 17, 2019
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Age
27
Country
Germany
eh, I wouldn't rule out Genya yet. In the pictures, Sanemi is grieving over an assembled body. Genya however, was cut into pieces. Why would Genya be able to regenerate his body and then die? The whole point of him dying was that he wouldn't be able to regenerate.
I think Sanemi blacked out and is having a bad dream.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,321
Reaction score
24,937
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
eh, I wouldn't rule out Genya yet. In the pictures, Sanemi is grieving over an assembled body. Genya however, was cut into pieces. Why would Genya be able to regenerate his body and then die? The whole point of him dying was that he wouldn't be able to regenerate.
I think Sanemi blacked out and is having a bad dream.
It'd be fun of genyas other half is regenerating right now but.... I don't think it's that likely an scenario. Genya was cut in two but the half sanemi is holding is definitely the one that had most of genya's body. And the one that fired at kokushibi. Granted that we never saw the other half, it seemed to fall in an entirely different placed after being cut.
 

VexxedAF

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 18, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Country
Philippines
I think Giyu will die next. Two water breathers together isnt a coincidence. One will die and the other one will be his successor.

Genya's death was surprising i thought he would regenerate just like what happened before. But im not really sure he is already dead, Sanemi was holding Genya's full body then it started to turn to dust. I think in the next chapter his backstory would be included and that will make him strive to live just like the upper moon who regenerated even after his head was cut off. The upper moon died because there was a red tinged sword lodged to his torso. But to Genya's situation, he was only cut in half and just need to focus on regenerating.

As for Tokito's his death is inevitable the time when the upper moon cut his lower half i already knew he was a goner.
 

Ace

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
180
Reaction score
283
Age
35
Country
Canada
I'm hoping that Genya is alive..... but I highly doubt it, all we can do is wait for the full chapter, then we can start to theorize if a part of his body really did survive
 

yukistorm33

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2016
Messages
499
Reaction score
1,199
Age
44
Country
Australia
Genya's death is completely unexpected,but still remember him hearing Muzan's voice.

I doubt he will die before that issue is revealed.

But still a complete surprise for me.
To be honest, when Genya heard Muzan's voice I was worried Muzan would do something to Genya as punishment. Now I'm thinking Muzan can regenerate him. After all, Muzan gave his blood to Kokushibo and Genya did eat parts of him.
 

DJBlitzkrieg

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2017
Messages
129
Reaction score
74
Country
Venezuela
Genya's body wasn't completely cut in half, only his head and part of his body's upper half was cut. We can see clearly that his body disintegrated in the leaked pages.
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,321
Reaction score
24,937
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I think Giyu will die next. Two water breathers together isnt a coincidence. One will die and the other one will be his successor.

Genya's death was surprising i thought he would regenerate just like what happened before. But im not really sure he is already dead, Sanemi was holding Genya's full body then it started to turn to dust. I think in the next chapter his backstory would be included and that will make him strive to live just like the upper moon who regenerated even after his head was cut off. The upper moon died because there was a red tinged sword lodged to his torso. But to Genya's situation, he was only cut in half and just need to focus on regenerating.

As for Tokito's his death is inevitable the time when the upper moon cut his lower half i already knew he was a goner.
I doubt that will be possible for genya. genya isn't a real demon, he is less than them. A demon simply wouldn't even be phased by the wounds genya took even if they were from a nichirin blade. The only chance genya and tokitou had was from muzan's blood which kokushibo had... and that's not a thing anymore. Of course, there is always genya's other half but it seems to be already gone.
 

Cman12

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
43
Reaction score
8
Age
31
Country
United States
What is "Supreme Territory"?
 
Top