M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
* I don't understand so everything you say is wrong


That is basically what your saying. A controlled environment would never wield genuine results because we are told it has to be a real danger not a self made danger.

And your disagreeing with BB because you know better than him? He said it to himself. Why would he lie to himself?

Me "Luffy's made of rubber"
You "nope"
Me "yes here are panels... it even says it in the manga"
You "Nope"
More like, "the logic makes no sense, so wtf," because Rayleigh could have done a better job teaching Luffy, and Luffy himself said he had to get stronger against the animals. And what I said was that Rayleigh could have come at Luffy with intent to kill rather than hold back, and he could have presented real danger. Or hell, have the animals do it.

I'm disagreeing with Blackbeard because there's been no other mention of Luffy having haki, and because characters can be wrong.

We've never seen it from Luffy so he's learning it as a power up.

And it's stated in the manga that Rayleigh taught Luffy the basics in a year and a half and then left him alone. If the basics take that long then I would really not blame Rayleigh for not doing more. He gave him a lot more attention than Garp or Dragon ever did.

Rayleigh also said everyone has haki, so Rayleigh clearly knew Luffy had haki since Luffy is a human being. The key factor is that BB noticed that Luffy's haki is growing. Also, Luffy awakened king's in front of basically thousands of people in the war and Rayleigh knew since he was watching on Shabaody.

And vs Mihawk was obs being awakened.
Rayleigh chose to leave Luffy as he thought Luffy had the basics down, but Rayleigh could have also taught Luffy advanced haki like Hyogoro did, and Luffy could have fought the animals to get stronger as he'd be in life-or-death situations. If Luffy can learn more advanced forms of haki in matter of few hours or days, then he should have been faster with basic haki.

And how would Blackbeard have been able to tell how good Luffy's haki was or would be? This was all before even Amazon Lily when we saw him use Conqueror's haki for the first time.

No it wasn't, that was just killing intent. Mihawk gave a look, and Luffy felt the killing intent/fear of what'd happen if he went through with stretching his arms out.
 

Rmstorm

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2019
Messages
376
Reaction score
279
Age
30
Country
Phantom Lord
More like, "the logic makes no sense, so wtf," because Rayleigh could have done a better job teaching Luffy, and Luffy himself said he had to get stronger against the animals. And what I said was that Rayleigh could have come at Luffy with intent to kill rather than hold back, and he could have presented real danger. Or hell, have the animals do it.

I'm disagreeing with Blackbeard because there's been no other mention of Luffy having haki, and because characters can be wrong.



Rayleigh chose to leave Luffy as he thought Luffy had the basics down, but Rayleigh could have also taught Luffy advanced haki like Hyogoro did, and Luffy could have fought the animals to get stronger as he'd be in life-or-death situations. If Luffy can learn more advanced forms of haki in matter of few hours or days, then he should have been faster with basic haki.

And how would Blackbeard have been able to tell how good Luffy's haki was or would be? This was all before even Amazon Lily when we saw him use Conqueror's haki for the first time.

No it wasn't, that was just killing intent. Mihawk gave a look, and Luffy felt the killing intent/fear of what'd happen if he went through with stretching his arms out.
Nope, Luffy used Haki against Mihawk, Mihawk even stated Luffy was ''Unusually Calm" which is the indication of Observation haki being used.
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Or, Luffy was unusually calm because he's not the type to get scared easily or panic
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Or, Luffy was unusually calm because he's not the type to get scared easily or panic
By that point in the story, haki had been used more and more and we'd been reintroduced to the fact that it allows people to predict attacks during Amazon Lily. It's safer to assume he used CoO for the first time.

It makes double sense when you consider Luffy first used CoC fully during that point as well. He was developeing haki during that entire stretch of time from Impel Down to Marine Ford.
 
Last edited:

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Or, Luffy was unusually calm because he's not the type to get scared easily or panic
Its was straight manifestation of future sight bro. That event had to have unlocked his CoO....
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
It could have been all the way back in Little Garden when he finishes off Mr3. Chapter is named Instinct.
CoC first time was against Duval's bull afaik.
Oh yeah, Duvall was such a small incident I forgot about it completely
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
By that point in the story, haki had been used more and more and we'd been reintroduced to the fact that it allows people to predict attacks during Amazon Lily. It's safer to assume he used CoO for the first time.

It makes double sense when you consider Luffy first used CoC fully during that point as well. He was developeing haki during that entire stretch of time from Impel Down to Marine Ford.
It's also safe to assume that was just Mihawk's killing intent making Luffy realize his arms would be sliced off. I mean, it's kinda logical to assume your arms can be cut in half by a sword if you stretch it.

He didn't first use CoC, as posts below you say. But we know CoC can't be taught, while Luffy could have done with CoO after he fought Mihawk, as well as CoA, but neither happened.

Its was straight manifestation of future sight bro. That event had to have unlocked his CoO....
And yet he didn't use it again.
It could have been all the way back in Little Garden when he finishes off Mr3. Chapter is named Instinct.
CoC first time was against Duval's bull afaik.
I wanted to say this, but wasn't sure if anyone agreed. I feel like we have earlier examples though, with Luffy giving a glare and calming animals down.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
And yet he didn't use it again.
Yes. And there is precidense for this. Luffy used Advanced CoA and couldnt use it again until he worked hard for it....
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Ooooooh burn!!!!


(Sorry I've been drinking, don't ban me)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That being said. We should create a One Piece: Drunk Thread where we go when we have drank too much to drink and spout off insane theories or such
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's also safe to assume that was just Mihawk's killing intent making Luffy realize his arms would be sliced off. I mean, it's kinda logical to assume your arms can be cut in half by a sword if you stretch it.

He didn't first use CoC, as posts below you say. But we know CoC can't be taught, while Luffy could have done with CoO after he fought Mihawk, as well as CoA, but neither happened.
Eh, I guess it's a fair enough take. I'm leaning more towards haki, but it could either way. I'm hesitant to say killer intent, because Mihawk came at Luffy with that intent from the jump, but it was that one moment where Luffy saw the outcome.

I did specify that he used it fully then. Against the bull, it wasn't it's full form. CoC can't be taught, but it can be developed, like the other forms of haki. He went through trials and his haki began to blossom during that stretch of time.

That being said. We should create a One Piece: Drunk Thread where we go when we have drank too much to drink and spout off insane theories or such
I mean, it seems a few folks have already been doing that.
 
Last edited:

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
Ooooooh burn!!!!


(Sorry I've been drinking, don't ban me)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That being said. We should create a One Piece: Drunk Thread where we go when we have drank too much to drink and spout off insane theories or such
Drunken posting is my thing, why are you trying to steal my thing
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Yes. And there is precidense for this. Luffy used Advanced CoA and couldnt use it again until he worked hard for it....
So of all times that he needed it, why only that time?
So did Zoro with his "breath of all things", yet its widely regarded as the first Hakimanifestation of him.
Well, Zoro did train to break through steel afterwards, and he succeeded, no?
Eh, I guess it's a fair enough take. I'm leaning more towards haki, but it could either way. I'm hesitant to say killer intent, because Mihawk came at Luffy with that intent from the jump, but it was that one moment where Luffy saw the outcome.

I did specify that he used it fully then. Against the bull, it wasn't it's full form. CoC can't be taught, but it can be developed, like the other forms of haki. He went through trials and his haki began to blossom during that stretch of time.



I mean, it seems a few folks have already been doing that.
Juxtaposition is why I say what I say. Mihawk at that time gave off that look that Luffy saw and realized that his arms would get cut off. He knew he'd be open to losing his hands if he went through, whereas the other times it wasn't predictable.

What is the full form of CoC anyway? Like, knocks people out, makes friends with people, clashes like Shanks vs. Whitebeard and Luffy vs. Katakuri, and possible implications?
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What is the full form of CoC anyway? Like, knocks people out, makes friends with people, clashes like Shanks vs. Whitebeard and Luffy vs. Katakuri, and possible implications?
No idea. But the current and most basic form of recognition is knocking folks out with just your will. That's how people know you have it from what we've seen. And since it's the most recognizable way, I referred to it as "full form".

I also just remembered that Luffy "fully" activated it at Amazon Lily for the first time.

Yonkou clashing "split the heavens" and small scale clashes can cause a bit of collateral damage as we saw with Luffy vs Katakuri.

Seems like it's something to do with subjugation and a "right to rule". The weak willed fall before their might and they inspire a legion of allies. Their will is even recognized by nature, from animals to the weather.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
No idea. But the current and most basic form of recognition is knocking folks out with just your will. That's how people know you have it from what we've seen. And since it's the most recognizable way, I referred to it as "full form".

I also just remembered that Luffy "fully" activated it at Amazon Lily for the first time.

Yonkou clashing "split the heavens" and small scale clashes can cause a bit of collateral damage as we saw with Luffy vs Katakuri.

Seems like it's something to do with subjugation and a "right to rule". The weak willed fall before their might and they inspire a legion of allies. Their will is even recognized by nature, from animals to the weather.
Yeah but there seems to be way more to it than just that.

?? Did you skip over few posts? I think at least one post here mentioned him using CoC on Amazon Lily? Or was that something else?

Subjugation? If that has anything to do with CoC, then Luffy would never have it as he's not about subjugation, and neither he nor Whitebeard are about "ruling." I think it seems to do with charisma, but if true then Garp should have it as well? Every user so far (that I remember) has been charismatic, from Ace to Whitebeard (Katakuri seems to be an exception IMO). And possibly self-confidence because we haven't seen any user lack confidence.
 

Rmstorm

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2019
Messages
376
Reaction score
279
Age
30
Country
Phantom Lord
No idea. But the current and most basic form of recognition is knocking folks out with just your will. That's how people know you have it from what we've seen. And since it's the most recognizable way, I referred to it as "full form".

I also just remembered that Luffy "fully" activated it at Amazon Lily for the first time.

Yonkou clashing "split the heavens" and small scale clashes can cause a bit of collateral damage as we saw with Luffy vs Katakuri.

Seems like it's something to do with subjugation and a "right to rule". The weak willed fall before their might and they inspire a legion of allies. Their will is even recognized by nature, from animals to the weather.
Shanks physical damage with his CoC. Roger changed the weather with his CoC during his battle with Shiki.

Dragon also changed the weather in loguetown using CoC.
 

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
Shanks physical damage with his CoC. Roger changed the weather with his CoC during his battle with Shiki.

Dragon also changed the weather in loguetown using CoC.
Can you stop with the lies, your theories are not facks stop presenting them as such
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah but there seems to be way more to it than just that.

?? Did you skip over few posts? I think at least one post here mentioned him using CoC on Amazon Lily? Or was that something else?

Subjugation? If that has anything to do with CoC, then Luffy would never have it as he's not about subjugation, and neither he nor Whitebeard are about "ruling." I think it seems to do with charisma, but if true then Garp should have it as well? Every user so far (that I remember) has been charismatic, from Ace to Whitebeard (Katakuri seems to be an exception IMO). And possibly self-confidence because we haven't seen any user lack confidence.
I know there has to be more, I was just the feats we got for it currently.

If they did, I didn't notice. I just came straight to your post since you quoted me.

I should have put subjugation is quotes, but I imagine it does play a role in some aspect of the ability. There are obviously characters like Luffy that don't abuse it, but anyone who uses it is basically dominating those with weak wills and knocking them out. It is literally called Color of Conqueror and that's what being a conqueror is about. Those who possess end up becoming rulers of some sort or have the qualities to become one and they need to deal with any sort of challengers and competition.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I know there has to be more, I was just the feats we got for it currently.

If they did, I didn't notice. I just came straight to your post since you quoted me.

I should have put subjugation is quotes, but I imagine it does play a role in some aspect of the ability. There are obviously characters like Luffy that don't abuse it, but anyone who uses it is basically dominating those with weak wills and knocking them out. It is literally called Color of Conqueror and that's what being a conqueror is about. Those who possess end up becoming rulers of some sort or have the qualities to become one and they need to deal with any sort of challengers and competition.
I'm disagreeing with you saying "it's full form" just because knocking people out is the most recognizable.

Oh I see. No worries, I skip over a lot of posts especially since it's either stupid points or repetitive.

That is true but again, Luffy and Ace seem to be outliers. Even Whitebeard and Rayleigh. Seems the main common thing is self-confidence rather than wanting to conquer or dominate, that seems to be the common thread.
 
Top