Discussion - Bloodman Official Character Discussion Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Bloodman Official Character Discussion Thread

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India

Bloodman
Spriggan 12
Alias Grim Reaper
Curses
First Seal
Second Seal
Third Seal
All Curses of 9DG
Thorn Curse

It is weird Bloodman is a such a popular Spriggan yet @MLG Bradman doesn't have any thread of his own.This will serve this very purpose.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Which Bradman are we talking about?

If its the MH Bradman, then he's pretty great...

On the other hand, if its the manga Bradman, not so great...:kappa

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't know who's this Bloodman guy you're talking about, but he sure as hell looks like Bradman. :kappa

Jokes aside though, i think it's time we start calling the Grim Reaper Bradman, no more Bloodman. That name is cringeworthy :fail

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Which Bradman are we talking about?

Atleast you didn't call him Sir Don Bradman and @Brandish would have got angry.
I don't know who's this Bloodman guy you're talking about, but he sure as hell looks like Bradman. :kappa

Jokes aside though, i think it's time we start calling the Grim Reaper Bradman, no more Bloodman. That name is cringeworthy :fail
Yeah Bradman name is much better.I don't know why CR started calling him "Bloodman".

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's odd, I've always preferred "Bloodman" over "Bradman".

Not "Bradman" as in "@MLG Bradman"... we all know that he's cooler than whatever the Spriggan's name is.

Although, when the chapter with the translations first came out, it was called "Bloodman". I thought the name was pretty cool.. until other scans started translating it as "Bradman".

I was pretty disappointed at the change because the name Bloodman sounds a lot more fearful and powerful than Bradman.

Then, I was glad when the name eventually changed back to Bloodman, but I guess my take on this is clearly different from others.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
That's odd, I've always preferred "Bloodman" over "Bradman".

Not "Bradman" as in "@MLG Bradman"... we all know that he's cooler than whatever the Spriggan's name is.

Although, when the chapter with the translations first came out, it was called "Bloodman". I thought the name was pretty cool.. until other scans started translating it as "Bradman".

I was pretty disappointed at the change because the name Bloodman sounds a lot more fearful and powerful than Bradman.

Then, I was glad when the name eventually changed back to Bloodman, but I guess my take on this is clearly different from others.
Well in the Kanji it is written "ブラッドマン" Buraddoman.So in English it should be Bloodman but in some translations ,it was written as Bradman modifing the Kanji in English.

You are logically right.The name "Bloodman" brings to our mind gore and blood.Perhaps our habit of saying Bradman makes us like it more.

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
@natsulucy Thank you so much for creating this! A thread where I can fanboy and it's on-topic.... :hurr
Thanks a lot man!
:epicfacepalm

LMAO

I agree, I prefer Bradman too, it sounds more raw and brutal to me. This being said, I can kinda see why he's called Bloodman, that colour scheme....

Still, Bloodman just sounds too try hard and obvious IMO... not to mention I'm pretty sure someone's cousin is called Bloodman @Emperor Spriggan :kappa

Ayy Nemi :yourock

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I like Bradman. He is one of my favorite Spriggan in terms of design. Though I was disappointed by Gajeel and Levy vs Bradman and he was just a rehash of 9DG with little modification. It would have been way cooler if he'd had more original moves. Really liked this panel and this panel. The former panel: the design was cool and spooky. The later panel: I still remember it when I tried to translate the raw pages. It was really impressive and I was like "Oh wow, what is that? Skulls? Is that a kind of dimension? Did he drag Gajeel? This looks like a hell". Haha memories..

I prefer Bradman over Bloodman tbh.
Well in the Kanji it is written "ブラッドマン" Buraddoman.So in English it should be Bloodman but in some translations ,it was written as Bradman modifing the Kanji in English.
Not sure about it but it could be either way (Brad or Blood).

Also, as I can't wait for the anime, I was looking for how Bradman's voice sounds and I found this video

What do you think?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I like Bradman. He is one of my favorite Spriggan in terms of design. Though I was disappointed by Gajeel and Levy vs Bradman and he was just a rehash of 9DG with little modification. It would have been way cooler if he'd had more original moves. Really liked this panel and this panel. The former panel: the design was cool and spooky. The later panel: I still remember it when I tried to translate the raw pages. It was really impressive and I was like "Oh wow, what is that? Skulls? Is that a kind of dimension? Did he drag Gajeel? This looks like a hell". Haha memories..

I prefer Bradman over Bloodman tbh.

Not sure about it but it could be either way (Brad or Blood).

Also, as I can't wait for the anime, I was looking for how Bradman's voice sounds and I found this video

What do you think?
Super voice.In the Anime whoever does it it should be deep and deadly.

That will fit Bloodman.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker

What do you think?
That's Aatrox one of the 5 Legendary warriors of an ancient race known as the "Darkin". Aatrox is derived from Atrox latin word that means "Savage or cruel" I think the voice would be prefect for Bloodman since both characters share some similarities. Lore wise Aatrox won't be happy to share his voice with Bloodman xD

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Out of interest, how do you guys think a Larcade vs Bradman fight would go?

I was thinking about this the other day, and I'm not really sure if Larcade's hax would even affect him. I mean, he doesn't exactly seem like the romantic type (though I could just be stereotyping him) so I doubt Pleasure would affect him. But what about Hunger and R.I.P? Do demons require food? Do they need sleep? And would Bradman potentially being an Ice Devil Slayer make a difference overall?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Out of interest, how do you guys think a Larcade vs Bradman fight would go?

I was thinking about this the other day, and I'm not really sure if Larcade's hax would even affect him. I mean, he doesn't exactly seem like the romantic type (though I could just be stereotyping him) so I doubt Pleasure would affect him. But what about Hunger and R.I.P? Do demons require food? Do they need sleep? And would Bradman potentially being an Ice Devil Slayer make a difference overall?
Only Sensei can answer that.Though i will say Bloodman has Des Magic to inflict heavy damage on Larcade.

Am Shegar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
About Bradman vs Larcade I suppose it would be haxfree battle because Bradman is not human. Light vs 9DG magic. Would be awesome))) May be sometime they will do FT game like Naruto UNS and all those fights will come true:)

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
HE'S ADORABLE :wtf:wtf:wtf

What game is this for? I haven't kept up with FT as a franchise tbh.
Called Goku Mahou Ranbu, a mobile RPG. if only they released english version..............

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Called Goku Mahou Ranbu, a mobile RPG. if only they released english version..............
Yeah, its a shame there's no English version, I reckon it would be good for their profits too because FT is pretty popular in the West.

I had a dig through the twitter account and while its obviously a mobile game, it does look pretty fun. A mobile game feels like wasted potential though tbh, I would buy a proper FT RPG in a heartbeat.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Listen my boi Bradman needs some respect. He's a sick spriggan who logically should be in the top 6 with his hax.

The only spriggan to kill somebody before Irene......

Sickest spriggan IMO.

@Ebony Maw I'm so happy 😁😁😁

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Listen my boi Bradman needs some respect. He's a sick spriggan who logically should be in the top 6 with his hax.

The only spriggan to kill somebody before Irene......

Sickest spriggan IMO.

@Ebony Maw I'm so happy 😁😁😁
Yeah, it says something that he didn't use any of his most hax curses, had MBP's nerfed to the point that Levy survived them, and had to be a victim of Gajeel somehow powering up from anti-Magic particles... yet he still would have killed someone had Irene not fucked him over. I'm still salty about Irene accidentally saving Gajeel... like, come on.

Ikr? His whole intro was the best of the Spriggans by a country mile.