Year Round Basketball Thread + NBA Fantasy League

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,832
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Seems this post is pinned so here are the 2025/26 award predictions that I've received so far! If you haven't sent already then feel free to shoot me your list!

 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,293
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I'm still upset by this, he was my favorite player. Gigi also lost her life way too young, along with the other passengers. May they rest in peace, and their families find peace.
 

LaGOAT

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
3,679
Age
32
Country
United States
I'm still upset by this, he was my favorite player. Gigi also lost her life way too young, along with the other passengers. May they rest in peace, and their families find peace.
Bro this isn’t fair like wtf? why!!!! I’m hurt bro really really hurt..
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,293
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
It's even worse when you see Kobe with Gigi and the difference he made in people's lives, especially for the WNBA. And seeing Gigi's game made me think she had the potential to put WNBA on the map like MJ did for NBA, if not change the world for the better.
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Knicks :epicfacepalm

I'm a Heat fan
 

LaGOAT

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
3,679
Age
32
Country
United States
Nuggets fan 💪🏾
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
If there's a team I really support (even before LeBron got there) is the Lakers. I wasn't much into Basketball when I was younger and Jordan's Bulls were really before my "time", I mostly heard stories from my dad or saw random stuff on TV after he'd already moved on from the Bulls.

I do though follow LeBron's career and his past teams, on his path to greatness.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
We would've been allies from 2010-2014
I still like Heat, Jimmy's my guy and I love Adebayo's game. He's really improved from last season. Herro was one of my favourite rookies coming into this season and I hope he becomes a big part of that franchise.

It was a big shame that LeBron, Wade and Bosh couldn't get more chips than what they got but that's just how it goes sometimes in Sports. Especially the Spurs being the well-rounded and coached team that they were, with a young Kawhi winning MVP.
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I still like Heat, Jimmy's my guy and I love Adebayo's game. He's really improved from last season. Herro was one of my favourite rookies coming into this season and I hope he becomes a big part of that franchise.
Agree. Jimmy has been a perfect fit and leader for their culture, though his shooting has declined. They're also set up real well with cap space. Come 2021, I expect they add another star, Adebayo and Herro continue to emerge, and Butler. Strong contender.

It was a big shame that LeBron, Wade and Bosh couldn't get more chips than what they got but that's just how it goes sometimes in Sports. Especially the Spurs being the well-rounded and coached team that they were, with a young Kawhi winning MVP.
Yeah, Lebron leaving hurt, and the franchise was stuck in mud for a while due to that. But, with hindsight, he made the right move. Wade's knees were shot and Bosh had the blood clots
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Agree. Jimmy has been a perfect fit and leader for their culture, though his shooting has declined. They're also set up real well with cap space. Come 2021, I expect they add another star, Adebayo and Herro continue to emerge, and Butler. Strong contender.
I think if you can get a good shooter, with experience to close out some of those close games, you'll be a good spot. Bam and Jimmy give you really good D and can run the floor but like you said, Jimmy's shooting ain't been all that good this season.

Yeah, Lebron leaving hurt, and the franchise was stuck in mud for a while due to that. But, with hindsight, he made the right move. Wade's knees were shot and Bosh had the blood clots
You know whats sad besides all that? Bosh not getting to finish his career the way he'd want to. Not saying he'd get the same kinda love Wade got on his final season but Bosh was good, he as the glue for that trio.
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think if you can get a good shooter, with experience to close out some of those close games, you'll be a good spot. Bam and Jimmy give you really good D and can run the floor but like you said, Jimmy's shooting ain't been all that good this season.
After signing Jimmy, they were looking to acquire Beal, but he signed an extension and wasn't able to be traded this year. Then, the trade for Gallinari fell apart. But, I trust Riley can get something done next season or the year after.

You know whats sad besides all that? Bosh not getting to finish his career the way he'd want to. Not saying he'd get the same kinda love Wade got on his final season but Bosh was good, he as the glue for that trio.
Yeah, he really tried every avenue to get back on the court, he loved it that much. And yeah agree, he was the glue guy. Cringed when people critcized him for not putting up Toronto numbers, even though he was the key for their positionless defense and hit big shots
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, he really tried every avenue to get back on the court, he loved it that much. And yeah agree, he was the glue guy. Cringed when people critcized him for not putting up Toronto numbers, even though he was the key for their positionless defense and hit big shots
I always thought people who say things like that don't understand team basketball. In Toronto he was the "guy" for a long while (Vince left after his rookie year and DeMar was only around for his last year or 2 iirc) so he'd have more opportunity for shots and handling the ball too. Once in Miami he had to adjust with playing 2 other superstars who needed the ball more, so obviously his game/numbers would change according to that.


Also does anyone here watch/heard of Game of Zones? the NBA parody show based on Game of Thrones?
 

LaGOAT

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
3,679
Age
32
Country
United States
Meh nfl>nba
 
Top