Ah. So going with supercow's analogy, I can kind of see how that would be seen as offensive, and maybe Horikoshi will talk about it in the future. He's usually one to apologize if he makes a mistake. Still... I apologize, but I still don't see this as too big a deal. Like, it'd be one thing if it was a hero, but I feel like this is just a situation where Horikoshi did his usual name thing and didn't think it would cause too much controversy. I dunno what name he'll come up to replace it, if he even does. Still, I just don't think it warrants much outrage, honestly. Maybe it's just me. Thank you, though.
EDIT: Okay, thinking about it a little more, the idea was good but the execution could be better. Even then, I just don't think it's something to boycott the series over. Worst case scenario, some of those million followers he has on Twitter are gonna start yelling about this the next tweet he makes.