Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,491
Reaction score
39,519
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,549
Reaction score
15,714
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Jesus, this weekly chapters of Kimetsu, Hero Academia and Chainsawman.

Not saying anything until the Sunday, but special attention to these 3 manga.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dunno if this has been posted here:

 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
So, for a bit of fun, with the volumes dropping in about a week, here's a bunch of questions to ponder:
  • How well will Undead and Agravity sell?
  • Will One Piece yet again drop? If so, how much?
  • Will Black Clover drop or stabilize?
  • Will Yozakura grow, drop or stay the same?
  • How badly will Zipman bomb?
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I rather wonder if Covid will affect sales, now that Japan is taking serious initiatives there will be fewer people around to buy volumes.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
I rather wonder if Covid will affect sales, now that Japan is taking serious initiatives there will be fewer people around to buy volumes.
You keep saying this and I still don't see it, just last week Kingdom's sales didn't drop at all (470k in 4 days for volume 57 vs 480k in 6 days for volume 56, if anything it grew) and animal crossing had a record launch for the switch and the series overall.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,549
Reaction score
15,714
Gender
Male
Country
Spain

Hero Academia manages to barely beat Neverland.

I have a hunch that if issue 20 cover isn't a new serialization round, the cover is going to be for My Hero Academia for "5th anime season celebration", or Chainsawman because popularity poll results.

I really wonder when will Jujutsu get its next cover.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
You keep saying this and I still don't see it,
In fact, I speak to the future, before Japan had not yet declared the emergency staot, now there is talk of putting Tokyo in lockdown.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
In fact, I speak to the future, before Japan had not yet declared the emergency staot, now there is talk of putting Tokyo in lockdown.
Just "ifs" for now though. Unless something does indeed change 2 weeks from now, the stores are still going and people are still buying.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Unless something does indeed change 2 weeks from now, the stores are still going and people are still buying.
But I am talking about people, in fact, stores will also be able to stay open, but how many people will be around to buy manga?

The same number as before? Less ?
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
But I am talking about people, in fact, stores will also be able to stay open, but how many people will be around to buy manga?

The same number as before? Less ?
For now, nothing really seems to have changed. Unless the government does apply stricter measures, I doubt the numbers will decrease, atleast not significantly.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So, for a bit of fun, with the volumes dropping in about a week, here's a bunch of questions to ponder:
  • How well will Undead and Agravity sell?
  • Will One Piece yet again drop? If so, how much?
  • Will Black Clover drop or stabilize?
  • Will Yozakura grow, drop or stay the same?
  • How badly will Zipman bomb?
As for this question, I think undead will probably join the 30k club, but not sure about AB.

OP is hard to predict, volume 95 might have been similar to OP 92, which was an extremely slow volume.

I expect an improvement in Yozakura's sales, might even enter top 50. Zipman will probably be a total flop. No idea about BC.

This is all provided that Japan's situation doesn't change obviously.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Given how big manga is in Japan, I wonder if they will do something like "delivery to homes" or something along those lines.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Given how big manga is in Japan, I wonder if they will do something like "delivery to homes" or something along those lines.
Indeed yes, it could be a suitable alternative
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Yozakura had two reprints, I think that alone is enough to say that the manga will have good sales in the second volume.
However, I don't know if there were any cases of manga that had reprints in the previous volume and the next one was so bad that it was canceled.
I imagine that there is a possibility that Yozakura will be transferred after all, he does not have good ranks despite good sales.
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I want to have whatever the fuck Fujimoto is smoking.
God. Truly kino.

As for this question, I think undead will probably join the 30k club, but not sure about AB.

OP is hard to predict, volume 95 might have been similar to OP 92, which was an extremely slow volume.

I expect an improvement in Yozakura's sales, might even enter top 50. Zipman will probably be a total flop. No idea about BC.

This is all provided that Japan's situation doesn't change obviously.
30k for undead is a huge overestimate.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
I want to have whatever the fuck Fujimoto is smoking.
God. Truly kino.



30k for undead is a huge overestimate.
You think? I guess we'll see.
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
You think? I guess we'll see.
act-age 1 got like 10k while csm 1 only got like 25k first week
estimation should based on reality, or just give me what you are smoking.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
act-age 1 got like 10k while csm 1 only got like under 20k first week
estimation should based on reality, or just give me what you are smoking.
Whoa, I remembered CSM doing 35k instead of 25k. Yeah, then I'm probably overshooting. I do think it'll do more than act age did though (not that I don't like AA, I do, but it is undeniably a pretty athypical series for WSJ). I guess 20k would be better.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top