Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,491
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
also not to forget csm already got some buyers from fire punch

20k is the best undead could get
18k should be a more realistic number
Yeah, I was definitely thinking below CSM but I thought CSM (and JJK for that matter, actually) had a higher starting point. 30k is definitely overshooting on my part.
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
3,618
Age
26
Country
United States
So, for a bit of fun, with the volumes dropping in about a week, here's a bunch of questions to ponder:
  • How well will Undead and Agravity sell?
  • Will One Piece yet again drop? If so, how much?
  • Will Black Clover drop or stabilize?
  • Will Yozakura grow, drop or stay the same?
  • How badly will Zipman bomb?
Want to optimistically say Undead 1, Yozakura 2, and Agravity 1 will all hit around 20k, at the very least it seems unlikely that Yozakura won't show some growth. Want to say Zipman will hardly rank on shoseki.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I see Manga+ picked up another Jump+ series in Spanish, but not in English.

I had a quick skim through it and Kill Me, and I can't help but wonder if the reason there's no English version (despite I think the English site having more series in general) is because they both have naked women in them. Fear of nipples is a regular thing in US media so I can see it genuinely being the reason we're not getting them.

I wish they'd pick something else up in exchange though, Sometimes they go most of the week with the only chapters being re-editions.
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
I see Manga+ picked up another Jump+ series in Spanish, but not in English.

I had a quick skim through it and Kill Me, and I can't help but wonder if the reason there's no English version (despite I think the English site having more series in general) is because they both have naked women in them. Fear of nipples is a regular thing in US media so I can see it genuinely being the reason we're not getting them.

I wish they'd pick something else up in exchange though, Sometimes they go most of the week with the only chapters being re-editions.
Teh Bochu Jutsu in Jigokuraku might be why it got slapped with an M by Viz. And Saotome Shimai would just give heart attacks to the prudes at Viz( hence why it's not licenced yet). I fear this is the reason why we aren't getting more Jump+ series.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
And Saotome Shimai would just give heart attacks to the prudes at Viz( hence why it's not licenced yet). I fear this is the reason why we aren't getting more Jump+ series.
Viz is only doing the translations for Jump+ series they licensed (Spy x Family, Jigokuraku, MHA Vigilantes) excluding Blue Flag. The rest are done by MediaDo so it wouldn't be Viz but either MediaDo or Shueisha themselves (since they're available in Spanish and on Jump+ I assume MediaDo)
 

MrDropCombo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2019
Messages
74
Reaction score
135
Age
29
Country
United Kingdom
I came across KNY spoilers on twitter and my heart ain’t ready.

But it gave me a question - say KNY ends this year, how long do you think it will be before Gotouge makes a new series?
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Viz is only doing the translations for Jump+ series they licensed (Spy x Family, Jigokuraku, MHA Vigilantes) excluding Blue Flag. The rest are done by MediaDo so it wouldn't be Viz but either MediaDo or Shueisha themselves (since they're available in Spanish and on Jump+ I assume MediaDo)
Huh...wasn't aware that there was a third company involved...
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
I came across KNY spoilers on twitter and my heart ain’t ready.

But it gave me a question - say KNY ends this year, how long do you think it will be before Gotouge makes a new series?
I really wish we could have an interview with the croc, that would give us more insight about how Gotouge has been working on KnY and what are her future plans.

For me it could be years, 3 at most. Maybe with this the croc will be done with the manga world, or just change to another magazine to try some luck.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
I really wish we could have an interview with the croc, that would give us more insight about how Gotouge has been working on KnY and what are her future plans.

For me it could be years, 3 at most. Maybe with this the croc will be done with the manga world, or just change to another magazine to try some luck.
It's really weird we haven't had one after KnY blew up so absurdly. Gotouge must be a very private person, even by mangaka standards.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
It's really weird we haven't had one after KnY blew up so absurdly. Gotouge must be a very private person, even by mangaka standards.
Maybe. I think it's better to expect one after KnY ends.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I came across KNY spoilers on twitter and my heart ain’t ready.

But it gave me a question - say KNY ends this year, how long do you think it will be before Gotouge makes a new series?
1-2 or 3 years? It takes a while to think up a good story, characters and how you want to visualize everything. But honestly he made so much money with KnY he wouldn't need to do a new series anymore if he doesn't want to and could still live a luxurious life.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I came across KNY spoilers on twitter and my heart ain’t ready.

But it gave me a question - say KNY ends this year, how long do you think it will be before Gotouge makes a new series?
Who knows. There's a possibility that we see nothing but one shots. I wouldn't blame Gotouge for wanting to retire with all that money KnY brought in. If Gotouge continues I hope he doesn't stick to the KnY verse and do spinoffs like Watsuki/Sawai.
 

AbrahamOmosun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
400
Reaction score
1,024
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
1-2 or 3 years? It takes a while to think up a good story, characters and how you want to visualize everything. But honestly he made so much money with KnY he wouldn't need to do a new series anymore if he doesn't want to and could still live a luxurious life.
I think it will have less to do with money and will be more about Gotouge's passion for making manga. If he has enough drive, I think he would give it another try. Though if he made KNY to make money, mission accomplised
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Gotoge is apparently a Mashima-tier worker, so that's something to take into account.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top