???
Gryff just said an active person could be anything including Mafia or TP (if they didn't lie) and you even mentioned sanity yourself, meaning your intention to protect could backfire lol...
Maybe, but the chances for that are rather low compared to the chances of Mafia giving no hint or Mafia claiming passive role. Usually most Mafias don't talk much and don't hint much day 1 and just try to get as many roles outta the other townies so they get an idea what to claim and what not to claim. After all Mafia know themselves that claiming active on day 1 might get them Mafia attention from the other Mafia. Sure with a Mafia Doc you could easily claim active since your protection is guaranteed for night 1 as long as your doc ain't getting blocked or Strongman used on you but since I see no announcement of new roles being tested that possibility is outta the window.
Shame, a doc would certainly make a good addition for a large game like this.
But with my incredibly fucked up sleep schedule due to quarantine, i probably won't even be here for the end of the phase... So much for me wanting to participate more.
I'll follow you with a random vote. Nothing personal my dude
no you got it wrong desin, im not holding any grudge its just a game, its just that i promised i will vote for him so just keeping my promise, thats my way of MG player
But i promise theres no rage or no grudge, otherwise i would just have skipped the game.
None taken. Can't remember that kinda promise from last game but then again I was too busy wasting my time convincing 3 Mafias to vote for the 4th one, so I might have over read that post of yours last game. XD
Same, no rage or grudge, just sadness and a bit disappointment that the game went so badly for town mostly due the game mechanic of the powerstone leaving the sole Prostitute and the sole sane Doc of town roleless except for one night phase during the entire game. Like even if we had killed Seraph and "proven" myself and Marm, said proof would have gone poof next night phase with 2 kills anyway. And if we had lynched knightmare then red would have just won 2-2. We pretty much should have lynched seraph the moment he claimed PGO in a game with game mechanics like this or use a cowboy or Prosecutor on him or knightmare but it never happened, so we ended up where we ended up last game.
I didn't mean you. You always seemd too kawaii to hold a grudge in these games. Either way it's still entertaining.
As someone who had the vanilla townie once. vietnam flashback It sucks because if you do it step by step like usual you would claim passive and then when you reveal you get PAGES of discussions wether not having a role is passive or not. Coming out first post sure is bold and if I was a Det I might take a look at it. Especially since he might be a traitor not knowing it.
Who else? Can't be me, didn't vore for Erinyes or Seraph. Or gnut or Asako for the matter of hosting a, from my perspective, unfair game to town.
Usually day 2 role claims are bodyguard.
I am actually surprised we got nobody doing that yet? I was thinking about doing it if I had a Det role or a cool TP role so that I get less attention from both Mafia and Town in the first couple nights. Alas my hopes got crushed so I had to change that approach.
Uh for D1 I think a Seraph lynch is a mistake, for now I think he's townie. Hopefully he's Jesus cause of the holiday, I just heavily dislike his reveal cause we gain nothing from it, imo, and he'll likely lure mafia and could still be a Sleeper... Not worth the risk of claiming it now as a townie, a Jesus would do just fine if hidden.
But I think he's townie 'cause if he's mafia or TP, that's just some terrible play that would result in his death, since another mafia party could target him (there would be no need for a lynch anyway). Unless he's mafia in a big party and is confident they're the sole one, since TP wouldn't target him for his claim alone.
If he is Jesus, it would explain why he didn't ask for recruitment immediately from a possible Mason Recruiter being in the game. In any case whenever he is Jesus or Sleeper or Traitor or Death Miller, he got way too much heat on himself now. Mafia won't "waste" their kill on a recruitment that has a chance to backfire on them/gets lynched anyway so they will rather focus on players they deem dangerous or who they believe got good townie roles like doc, det, investigator, BK, Prosecutor, etc.
But also his claim make it so he gonna get lynched eventually, doubt scum will waste a kill on someone that have a high chance of being lynched
I rather get rid of him now then later when there the possible of other scum rising, but I also do think he townie for now...
If there no better lynch target, I'm going to vote for him
He does. Farf just means that Seraph was baiting Mafia into recruiting him thus wasting a kill. If so not played very well. I did it better on my time when I was Jesus. Lol, I even claimed Det on day 1, like for realz and I still died night 1 as Jesus, it was hilarious. XD
Why would a Jesus fake claim a vanilla townie? Just to surprise people even more when he comes back? Could also claim an actually good role and tank a nightkill. Not sure why you bring up Jesus Farf.
Yeah, I don't believe Seraph is Jesus either. It is likely that he really is Vanilla Townie and meant as distraction for Dets if so it was good he came out day 1 so that Dets would not get confused on their investigations on him and then others. I know I went for a good Townie role claim asap as Jesus and it worked wonders.
Here's the updated recap so far, please as usual, feel free to tell me if theres some missing hints or some mistakes !
NB : Because our customers' confort matters and because we want them to enjoy their game at the fullest, Erin' company has decided to add the post number with each hint and to add the countdown at the end of this message ! We will add to some new ft, like votes patterns in our next update and maybe a couple of surprises, please enjoy our game !
- goodboy_lawlett
- Farfalla-> doesn't recall having this role but it's common to see it in games #65
- GrySun-> Said role is not that much of a loss for us if they kill him. #39
-Demonspeed - never had the role before #105
- Gajeel , Master of Ozymandis
- Takuan -> his role is passive #152
- BD_Beno
- Asako
- Raven
- Seraph -> Said hes vanilla townie #187
- Brandish
- SirSamuel016
- Kato756
- SonOfDaws -> said his role is trash , #63
- Erinyes -> almost certain she never had it before #143
- desin24
- MarmaladeSky ->her role is active #132
- Juviii
- James Rye -> said his role is a huge irony considering last game. #40c a role more like a confirmed Samurai. he said It's a cool protector one #93
- gnut -> he has an old role and had it many times before #195
- Vandred
- Lady pompom -> never had the role before, but had something similar #175
- Zasz -> said his role is lame and passive. First time Ihegot it, and last time he hope #204
- Belserion
- digitaldude -> got the role before #59/#98
- Gryffindor
- Lambu
- shinobi
- lakhan220
Nice to see the Vote patterns being included from the start. Erin-co really listens to their costumers suggestions aka mine from last game.
Hm.
Way too little hints for day 1 for my taste. And some of them can't even be considered "real" hints as they are too vague or too vast to work with it day 1, but then again that is the norm for most hints day 1 in nearly all mafia games anyway...
I only claimed today because you guys said we should tell more about ourselves on D1, I hate hinting so I claimed and now you all complain that I might be shady while giving more and actually suspicious people a pass? That's a worse play than what you're accusing me of in all fairness.
True. But you gotta agree lynching a Vanilla and possible Mafia recruitment option over a possible det or doc or other townie role makes quite a lot of sense for most players, right? It is why I don't understand you never asked for recruitment by MR. Even when it got pointed out to you you seemed rather disinterested at that option despite it proving you. Like if you came out next day and said you got recruited, good for you, hard for us to question it plus Mafia won't waste a kill on you now anyway so even if you became Mason it wouldn't change the situation. Except we could put you on the back of our heads and deal with other more pressing problems after night 1 results.
I'd actually considered more Vanilla Townies in a large game like this so I am a bit surprised you were the only one claiming it. If one or two more had come out like it happened in another game people would have believed some of those claims more than if it was only a sole one so far.
And you say more worthy people but only point at the newbies yet chances of killing an important townie role there is rather high as only one-two newbies at best start as mafia in game 1 whereas other newbies get either interesting or cool roles to try out game 1. I can't remember when a newbie started as vanilla townie in a Mafia Game, usually only people who played the game a couple times get it like you did.
Plus like I pointed out above, for a lot of players it makes sense to rather lynch a "useless/risky" townie role day 1 than go for a lynch that carries risk of killing an important role.
I‘d like to add that Seraph does not feel like his usual self, mafia included. He prolly really was told in his PM he‘s vanilla, whether there‘s a role hidden underneath or not.
I wonder if there are more Vanillas besides him. A game of this size does warrant the possibility of several vanillas being in-game though then only Seraph was brave enough to step forward with such a claim.
Lol,i'm cool with dying Gry i'm just saying to have an open mind and not letting yourself get played is all. I'm gonna Vote for Beno and if i'm supposed to die then i'm fine with that. People have made up their minds apparently.
Oh yeah, last game flashbacks, though you always had the kill option unlike Marm and me, so true how having no role is boring as hell. Even a passive one is better than being plain Vanilla and not knowing if you got a hidden role or not.
Keep in mind, the moment I post this I get my 14th post so the number of posts might change rather quickly.
But it is interesting to see that some players really hardly posted at all or just the bare minimum to not get punished while not revealing anything or much. Maybe we should look into those people more than the active ones aka @shinobi@lakhan220@Vandred@MarmaladeSky@gnut@desin24@Takuan@Gajeel
Could be or we have 5 Mafias, we don't know, DD, so saying that ain't exactly helping us in choosing a lynch target for day 1.
Think I gonna change my vote from Zasz since he gave clear hint and is "rather" active compared to some other players who fly under the radar currently. Although I am not sure if it gonna be one of the inactives or one of the people that get a lot of attention from other players like Beno or Gajeel though they hardly react to said attention.
So roughly over an hour, we should start to define our decisions now.
Im not against lynching Seraph, there's reasons to believe he's scum but half of his voters aren't really behind those, there's a lot of inactives joining the train and overlooking everything else so I can't quite grasp the intention behind this lynch.
Then there's Beno and his nonexistent participation, tho the same could be said about many others. Seraph joining my call brings doubts indeed, but it doesn't change facts.
James could have some shade about him regarding his posts, he seems cheeky and has strange calls, but at least he's revealed stuff about himself, he's literally in second place for random voting and meme.
Does anyone have other ideas for the lynch? There's a bunch of people with scummy antics so lets hear them.
Hard to say Lambu, not much to go by with how little many people have said. I'd lynch one of the many people that aren't very active, and will likely change my vote from James for now.
So roughly over an hour, we should start to define our decisions now.
Im not against lynching Seraph, there's reasons to believe he's scum but half of his voters aren't really behind those, there's a lot of inactives joining the train and overlooking everything else so I can't quite grasp the intention behind this lynch.
Then there's Beno and his nonexistent participation, tho the same could be said about many others. Seraph joining my call brings doubts indeed, but it doesn't change facts.
James could have some shade about him regarding his posts, he seems cheeky and has strange calls, but at least he's revealed stuff about himself, he's literally in second place for random voting and meme.
Does anyone have other ideas for the lynch? There's a bunch of people with scummy antics so lets hear them.
Nothing better than getting lynched by memes and random voting and we still got 8 votes left with 40 mins to go. XD
Given my count though Beno posted more than quite a lot of other players so I don't think it is fair to single out Beno with "nonexistent participation" with 7-8 posts when we got players who posted 3-4 posts at most saying absolutely nothing that made it on Erin's list and Erin is very hard-working on her lists, she wouldn't overlook a hint no matter if somebody posted 34 times or just 3 times.
I posted the names of the 8 with the least/bare minimum posts, maybe we can pick one outta them. It could help to give them a kick into their butts to start talking and sharing more about their roles or own assumptions regarding other players.
Belserion talking about the story does remind me of me talking about the gauntlet, but there was that post from Jinx about the answer. Playing with her last game, I saw her do much better as mafia, so trusting her for now, but something to monitor.
Seraph's reasoning for lurking was bizarre. I don't buy him watching people's behavior day 1, all I know he could used that time to come up with that response. Will be keeping any eye.
I see James has 3 votes. Based on last game, is his behavior really different? From what I learned about him, he does seem active in coming up with theories and talking about new roles a lot.
Also a lot of talk of not much revealing, which includes myself. There's stuff about interview games, someone speaking Shakespeare, and banter. For now, all I'll say is I have a good role.
Last game I actually posted less and tried to not get much attention like not asking for the powerstone. That backfired greatly as seen so I am back to my old self, so I wouldn't say my behavior is different as more the usual. Interesting I still got 3 votes on me with 8 waiting to happen in the last hour.
No I think seraph might be either sleeper/death miller/miller of somekind. The rest not certain but I can understand why james got votes. Also I suspect takuan.
Belserion talking about the story does remind me of me talking about the gauntlet, but there was that post from Jinx about the answer. Playing with her last game, I saw her do much better as mafia, so trusting her for now, but something to monitor.
Seraph's reasoning for lurking was bizarre. I don't buy him watching people's behavior day 1, all I know he could used that time to come up with that response. Will be keeping any eye.
I see James has 3 votes. Based on last game, is his behavior really different? From what I learned about him, he does seem active in coming up with theories and talking about new roles a lot.
Also a lot of talk of not much revealing, which includes myself. There's stuff about interview games, someone speaking Shakespeare, and banter. For now, all I'll say is I have a good role.
Well, better late than never. You claim you have a good role but Im not a fan of your laid back approach to things, still enough to reconsider my vote.
What do you think everyone?
Sorry that I haven't kept up properly but in terms of lurkers I think we could go back and look at who was mentioned in regards to lurking and not contributing much. Raven, Shinobi and a couple of others are some we could scrutinize as lurkers now before everything is locked in?
Ah, if I add @lakhan220 to that list of low posters so should be @Raven as both have 5 votes only. So that makes it 9 low posters with 19 pages talk on day 1. That is a lot. Some only have 3 posts like @Vandred and @shinobi . Like that is the absolute minimum of posts.
Lol, if that's the case shouldn't be everyone but 4 people so far be suspicious to you, DD? Like for example Gry who I agreed with on Seraph yet you only single me out despite me also poking at Seraph asking why he didn't ask for recuitment straight away as Vanilla? Like there was no reason to come out as Vanilla all he needed to say was "My role sucks, I want to be recruited please" yet Seraph did, he stayed with that claim and held himself rather well under the onslaught of people poking holes into his claim.
So I don't mind letting him live one more day, in my opinion he earned it more than the many low-posters we got today so I rather reserve my vote for one of them than him if I had to chose.
Less than 20 minutes to go and from the 8 tagged only Asako voted for Beno who gonna lose a vote by Lambu. Gonna be mad interesting to see for who and WHEN the other 7 gonna vote.
What IS going on? There's like 15 minutes left haha.
DD made a good point on Seraph regarding what his role could actually be if he was lying, let me mull over it. Will lock a vote in in like, 10 minutes after seeing where discussion goes.
I assume there's no chance to still go for Gajeel? Of all the ones with very few posts he seems the most mafia, ez early vote and disappear for rest of phase.