I didn't state at any point that BC was an "unpopular flop" but nice attempt in trying to paint a false narrative, I guess.
I said it was a moderately successful anime and average seller as a manga. Both statements are accurate. Please prove these statements wrong otherwise
Are we really going back to this argument "Everything sold better back then".
It's funny how the top series in WSJ right now, One Piece, KNY, MHA, TPN, HQ are all selling similarly to back then.
JK (without an anime) outsells BC (with an anime). Meaning with an anime, it can at the very least do 400-500k.
World Trigger continued to grow AFTER it's hiatus and reached new peaks.
Dr. Stone is on the rise and almost matches BC meaning its franchise is growing.
SxF a brand new series exploded with popularity right off the bat with more sales.
Act Age and CSM, both very non-conventional WSJ series are growing with very single volume. Act Age is slowly catching up to BC as well.
But sure, when it comes to your series, "Everything sold better back then".
It's such a lazy argument.
RxL, S8, Illegal Rare all had decent numbers for a starting franchise but the lack of growth meant it wasn't worth the investment. BC's growth is not +ve, it's -ve. Meaning there is no growth for BC.
Gintama was a top-tier series. It wasn't mid-tier. It was top tier because what it did as a comedy was akin to what Naruto/Bleach, at the very least, did as a battle manga.
Gintama's peak print numbers were 700k, if I'm not mistaken. It sold more than any other comedy in WSJ. It's anime grossed more (both as movies and in sales) than any other long running franchise. It's franchise revenue for multiple years was among the top. Yeah, sure. BC and Gintama are totally the same tiers.
Thanks for the laugh, I guess.
Like I said, BC is fine for now. WSJ also needs new series to pick up.
But I'd still wager, 1.5 years with declining sales will definitely lead to it's end.
If you've been following WSJ properly, you'd know this by now.