Games Fate/Grand Order

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,853
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I mean, aesthetically they're women in swimsuits. I'd like to be on record as being pro-that. But I was speaking of what they actually do more than how they look.

Jeanne is a solid arts farming archer with 2 hit invulnerability and a double buff for "good" servants and can generate 10 stars per turn with her NP.

Ibaraki is a nice single target self sufficient buster crit lancer. With a very strong 1st and 3rd skill. And an NP that generates 30 stars!

Ushi is a strong farming quick assassin with a kit built to go along with Skadi.

BB, whose got a variety of skin options,. Has two amazing skills even before you get to the third one which is completely unique in locking the command cards for 3 turns.

MHXX is a 4 star foreigner who can generate stars like mad and keep herself from absorbing them if she wishes. In addition to having a nice arts NP. Along with her typical anti-saber abilities. But just being a 4 star foreigner alone would have been plenty to make her valuable.

Medb is a nice arts crit support with the special bonus of having an NP that can apply as much as 50% defense down along with her arts resist down. Though there is RNG there.

So there is a lot to be excited about there.

Mysterious Summer looks like they just lifted her top and took her pants
You say that like it's a bad thing. I don't understand.
 
Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,730
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I'm curious about a team composition though: Right now, I'm waiting for a banner to come around for Caster Gil, but in the meantime, I'm looking for good high damage compliments for him.

I'm thinking any servant with heavy arts and crit damage are what I'm looking out for. A single target damage NP would be preferable as well, but it's less of a priority. Any suggestions?
Like others have mentioned, Saber Lancelot is fantastic; NP Charge, Crit Star drops, gather and crit damage up. Shame he's not a five star to have greater stats but he still does a great job in conjunction with servants like Tamamo, Waver, Nero Bride, Cas Gil etc.

While not exactly the role you're looking for, servants like Vlad, Kiara, Chloe, Mordred Rider, and EmiyAss are some offensive servants that could pair well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I mean, aesthetically they're women in swimsuits.
What more could you possibly need from them? :kappa Surely people don't roll for them just for the skills now...

BB, whose got a variety of skin options,. Has two amazing skills even before you get to the third one which is completely unique in locking the command cards for 3 turns.
That skill really does make BB a great support servant and really should make her a target for everyone. Next best card manipulation is Ruler Artoria from Summer 4 who can deal 5 new command cards. For me BB is a priority after Skadi, even though I'll likely see supports have her.
 

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,637
Reaction score
6,369
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Honestly, I'm rolling for the summer servants simply because they're among some of my favorite characters. Them being useful in addition to their appearance is just icing on the cake. Also, I physically need to possess all the Lovecraftian servants... meanwhile I'm still on the fence with Skadi - Don't really see me using her much, but also thought the same with Eresh and after using her via support, really wished I had aimed for her.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,853
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not sure how it would be possible to not use Skadi. I guess if you don't have any quick servants but what she does as a quick support is just so insane.

Everything quick based is going to immediately get an order magnitude more powerful. The buffs that will happen dwarf even what Merlin can do AND she can do the Waiver 50% NP charge on top of it. That's why I want her so badly. I have tons of quick servants that she's going to enable to do such fun things.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,637
Reaction score
6,369
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not sure how it would be possible to not use Skadi. I guess if you don't have any quick servants but what she does as a quick support is just so insane.

Everything quick based is going to immediately get an order magnitude more powerful. The buffs that will happen dwarf even what Merlin can do AND she can do the Waiver 50% NP charge on top of it. That's why I want her so badly. I have tons of quick servants that she's going to enable to do such fun things.
I think that's why I question how much I would use her, since aside from Melt and Rider Ishtar, all my quick servants are Assassins and thus most of the battles I would have need of her in would be ones where she would be at a disadvantage. Plus there's the material cost, as while a 50% NP charge sounds cool, I would need to get her up to 10 for that, and base on past experience, it probably wouldn't be til the Christmas lottery til I could manage that. So I would still likely be depending upon a support Skadi til then. And thirdly, there are five stars I definitely want and others that I really want to get up at least one NP level, like Abby and Hokusai, that I should be saving up for.

So while I can see her usefulness, I don't know if I can justify going all in on her, especially since her banner won't be a one-off like Musashi and Hassan were and there will probably be plenty of others who put her up as a support. Then again, I used the same reasoning with Eresh and regretted it...
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,853
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Not saying you should definitely go for her, that's your call to make, but I think if you had her you would 1000% use her. There are too many quick servants now and in the future that benefit from what she does.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think that's why I question how much I would use her, since aside from Melt and Rider Ishtar, all my quick servants are Assassins and thus most of the battles I would have need of her in would be ones where she would be at a disadvantage. Plus there's the material cost, as while a 50% NP charge sounds cool, I would need to get her up to 10 for that, and base on past experience, it probably wouldn't be til the Christmas lottery til I could manage that. So I would still likely be depending upon a support Skadi til then. And thirdly, there are five stars I definitely want and others that I really want to get up at least one NP level, like Abby and Hokusai, that I should be saving up for.

So while I can see her usefulness, I don't know if I can justify going all in on her, especially since her banner won't be a one-off like Musashi and Hassan were and there will probably be plenty of others who put her up as a support. Then again, I used the same reasoning with Eresh and regretted it...
Not saying you should definitely go for her, that's your call to make, but I think if you had her you would 1000% use her. There are too many quick servants now and in the future that benefit from what she does.
At the same time, you can be sure there will be a lot of Skadis lv 90 10/10/10 on your friendlist.

It´s the same thing with Merlin for Buster: He will be there and he will still be a good servant, its just that using double Merlin/Skadi is broken.

And in case of some 3 turn farming with Quick Servants (such as Berserkerlot) actually required
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,730
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I think that's why I question how much I would use her, since aside from Melt and Rider Ishtar, all my quick servants are Assassins and thus most of the battles I would have need of her in would be ones where she would be at a disadvantage. Plus there's the material cost, as while a 50% NP charge sounds cool, I would need to get her up to 10 for that, and base on past experience, it probably wouldn't be til the Christmas lottery til I could manage that. So I would still likely be depending upon a support Skadi til then. And thirdly, there are five stars I definitely want and others that I really want to get up at least one NP level, like Abby and Hokusai, that I should be saving up for.

So while I can see her usefulness, I don't know if I can justify going all in on her, especially since her banner won't be a one-off like Musashi and Hassan were and there will probably be plenty of others who put her up as a support. Then again, I used the same reasoning with Eresh and regretted it...
Skadi is worth the investment if you have quick servants you want to net in the future, or potentially if you do want to get more out of what you currently have. She's likened to being the Merlin of Quick which is a big claim, it's not on the mark but it's not that far off of it either; nothing bad about her, but Merlin is just pretty busted when you think about it.

You could aim to grab her, and look out for servants who would greatly appreciate her like Achilles, Maid Alter Rider, Saber Astolfo, Bradamante, Kama, and Xiang Yu to name a few 5 stars but ultimately you should look at just going for who you want, and decide if she'd be able to work with them.

Important to note that apart from 3rd anniversary banner, we'll have a 18 million downloads campaign next year which has her on rate-up so you're correct on it being not the only time to grab her. Musashi and First Hassan will also have banners in 2022 so it's just a waiting game for them now :XD
 

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,637
Reaction score
6,369
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't know how I forgot, but I do have Maid Alter, literally my main and only ST Rider aside from Ushi... I guess that does increase the reasons. Gonna roll for Achilles tomorrow - if I get him, then that'll be my proof to go for her.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,730
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I don't know how I forgot, but I do have Maid Alter, literally my main and only ST Rider aside from Ushi... I guess that does increase the reasons. Gonna roll for Achilles tomorrow - if I get him, then that'll be my proof to go for her.
Best of luck! Maid Alter herself would greatly appreciate a Skadi, heck you could even meme your team comp and go Maid Alter, your Skadi and a support Skadi for boss killing! So yes, best of luck and may you join the Skadi lobby! :XD
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You say that like it's a bad thing. I don't understand.
As a brazillian that lives in a beach-centric tourist city, I fucking HATE people that go into the water with their top body regular clothing on.

It:
-Gets all sticky
-Makes you feel heavier even when underwater
-More often than not will make it transparent (AND BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING @Jammin IMAGINE LOOKING AT A LOT OF BEAUTIFULL GIRLS IN BIKINI ONLY TO SEE A DUMBASS FATMAN TOURIST WITH HIS TRANSPARENT SHIRT)
-It will make you feel colder (and thus facilitate catching a cold) and when you get out it gets hotter and heavy



It sucks, only dumb people do it, and it triggers me XD
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,853
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
As a brazillian that lives in a beach-centric tourist city, I fucking HATE people that go into the water with their top body regular clothing on.

It:
-Gets all sticky
-Makes you feel heavier even when underwater
-More often than not will make it transparent (AND BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING @Jammin IMAGINE LOOKING AT A LOT OF BEAUTIFULL GIRLS IN BIKINI ONLY TO SEE A DUMBASS FATMAN TOURIST WITH HIS TRANSPARENT SHIRT)
-It will make you feel colder (and thus facilitate catching a cold) and when you get out it gets hotter and heavy



It sucks, only dumb people do it, and it triggers me XD
Well I think the logic there is to keep the sun off you. But we're talking waifus here. There is no swim attire in existence I would not enjoy on some level.

And would you rather that heavy set gentleman be in a banana hammock? Not that mind much either way. Personally I say, whatever, celebrate yourself.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well I think the logic there is to keep the sun off you. But we're talking waifus here. There is no swim attire in existence I would not enjoy on some level.

And would you rather that heavy set gentleman be in a banana hammock? Not that mind much either way. Personally I say, whatever, celebrate yourself.
Well we are getting some male costumes this year right?

I know but I also want them to be cool.

But anyway, I just want them to give us the free SSR ticket jpn just got sooner...waiting 2 years is sad
 

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,637
Reaction score
6,369
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Welp, I said that if I got Achilles, that would be proof that I should go all out for Skadi, and after four tickets I got him... so I guess fate (pun intended) has decided.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Welp, I said that if I got Achilles, that would be proof that I should go all out for Skadi, and after four tickets I got him... so I guess fate (pun intended) has decided.
I reallyyyy liked achilles kit

Np charge, taunt, on hit defensive skills (which is why I love cu chullain)
While I know it would make himi crazy op, if his charge skill was on his quick boost skill he would be perfect.
The only downside is that as a quick servant, his dmg is lacking, I really want to NP2 him at least. Surelly skadi fixes that but I like complete packages
 

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,637
Reaction score
6,369
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I reallyyyy liked achilles kit

Np charge, taunt, on hit defensive skills (which is why I love cu chullain)
While I know it would make himi crazy op, if his charge skill was on his quick boost skill he would be perfect.
The only downside is that as a quick servant, his dmg is lacking, I really want to NP2 him at least. Surelly skadi fixes that but I like complete packages
Don't know why, probably because he uses a spear, but I was under the impression that he was ST. But I can always use more servants with target focus.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Don't know why, probably because he uses a spear, but I was under the impression that he was ST. But I can always use more servants with target focus.
Oh and use him as often as possible, I put him on my farming team

His Bond CE is amazing in boss fights

edit: oh yeah in case anyone don´t know, his bond CE gives 1 hit invencibility for 3 turns on all parties members (including self)

So you can put him at the end of your backline and put him in with plugsuit shouldyour double merlin fall to escape a boss NP
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So yesterday I thought "Hey, the Sherlock event comes next, or the the Hunting Quests. Should give me enough free time to start Anastasia and finish the Lostbelt before the next big event hits."

Now one day later, they go and announce GudaGuda 2 :gwah Didn't help that yesterday evening I was sitting there reading for like 3 hours while I kept thinking "Okay cool, so when does the next node start? When will I have the first serious fight? How MUCH story is there in this Lostbelt lol"

Looks like I have a problem :sweatdrop Maybe I'll just try to finish GudaGuda farming as soon as I can and get back to Anastasia :faint
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,853
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So I'm not the only one that hasn't finished Anastasia yet then? There is so much story to get through it's taking me a while. I'm not even halfway.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
Looking at what's left for this year, I'm going to shoot for

  • Okita Alter (Okita is great, and so is her Alter form)
  • Skadi (gotta complete the holy trinity)
  • BB Summer (Sakura face with a fun and very dangerous personality)
  • Sitonai (Illya pseudo-servant with Shirou, come on :emobirb )


​

I know we'll go to town together when it comes to Okita Alter :XD More or less just one month left, let's go! :zomg

And it's almost scary how our top picks for this year align lol



I wish you all the luck for not getting Hassan, Jammin. Might roll for Assassin too, but for now I think it's gonna be the Extra banner bc neither Abby nor Hokusai came during their banner. Abby especially really burned me, it's the one Servant I rolled a lot for but just didn't come :(

And you can never go wrong with the Summer Servants :nod



This is a jap site, but it covers good Arts Servants and their synergy: https://appmedia.jp/fategrandorder/263527
Even has a ranking included with pics, so that should help to figure out the most important stuff :XD NA has a bunch of good single target arts servants, like Lancelot or Yagyu (both Saber) or even Orion/Artemis (Archer). Maybe Jammin can give you some more pro tips, I'm more of the guy who prefers buster teams (and quicks, to some extent).
Saberlot (Lancelot Saber) does exactly what you describe Daws but he is a male servant and therefor worthless in my eyes. There are also a bunch of events servants that are prime arts team damage dealers like Chloe and BB. But not sure if you have those or not.

What I tend to find most fun with the arts teams is basically any dps unit combined with two arts units works. By that I mean any servant with 3 arts cards. So it's the supports that are the important thing. Gil is one of those. Helena is another(one I use frequently). Waiver and Merlin naturally. And the fox wife of legend Tamamo stands above all since her cooldown reduction, arts damage buff, and healing is terrific. And on the budget side there is always Hans who is not to be underestimated as an arts/crit support. And David who is a more defensive option. There are others too but you get the idea.

Take any two of those and stick any damage dealer you like in there and it will function pretty well as an arts team. The more arts cards they have the better but it's not really a requirement. Buster or quick servants fit in just fine. The NP charging still happens.

Two great, and easily accessible, arts damage dealers that need to be mentioned though are Medea and Euryale. Medea is your prototypical NP spammer. With enough support she can do a fair bit of damage. Euryale is the bane of all male servants. She obliterates them.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Good luck, hope you get her. She is a really fun servant to use and adorable character as well.
I need Skadii to go with my grailed Parvati. Definitely want to try for Abigail again, which is the banner right after Sitonai (sorry @Nii) if not mistaken.

Otherwise I will always try for husbandos.



I use my CasterGil with Nursery Rhyme. Someone will probably tell me that’s wrong but they have nice synergy together. :XD

Jammin replies while I’m writing.... but going to still post anyway.

My favorite arts ST is Saberlot. He’s basically a star generator, has super high damage, and almost can spam is NP if have Waver with him. Putting him with Waver or Tamamo and CasterGil is the best. Or Sherlock. Sherlock banner is coming up? Right?

Low tier wise, besides Euryale..... would put him maybe with Robin(?). I love David so want to throw him in there. I grailed him to gold.
Others ST arts to be on the lookout would be
Chloe
Summer Artoria
BB
NeroBride
ZerkerVlad
Those are all good recommendation too. Arts teams are honestly some of the most flexible in FGO if you have your supports, and you only really need one since a friends support can full the other spot.

I used Raikou in mine mostly for like a year She worked fine.
Like others have mentioned, Saber Lancelot is fantastic; NP Charge, Crit Star drops, gather and crit damage up. Shame he's not a five star to have greater stats but he still does a great job in conjunction with servants like Tamamo, Waver, Nero Bride, Cas Gil etc.

While not exactly the role you're looking for, servants like Vlad, Kiara, Chloe, Mordred Rider, and EmiyAss are some offensive servants that could pair well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



What more could you possibly need from them? :kappa Surely people don't roll for them just for the skills now...



That skill really does make BB a great support servant and really should make her a target for everyone. Next best card manipulation is Ruler Artoria from Summer 4 who can deal 5 new command cards. For me BB is a priority after Skadi, even though I'll likely see supports have her.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I got a lot more than I was anticipating :lmao

I think it is pretty safe to say that Saberlot is going to be high up on my summoning and support priority list for GilCaster synergy. At first I wasn't sure about him just because he was so heavily specialized in solely crits and NP that I felt there would be a servant that had some extra x factor that would make them even better. However, after giving all the other servant recommendation and a bunch of others, I noticed that specialization isn't what's typically seen in servants I'm looking through: It's the lack of it.

Emiya(ASS) is a decent example. He has an entire kit of a very powerful tools and most of them could be considered that x-factor I was looking for. From what I can tell, the problem is that to have so many unique aspects, he's balanced by not being particularly great in any one niche. So, I still want to summon him, but making him a priority wouldn't make sense.

Nursery Rhyme is another great recommendation. Outside of having comparatively low atk and HP, she seems generally geared towards what I'm looking for.

Sherlock isn't quite what I had in mind, but he's got amazing utility. Definite priority for me as well.

Some other servants I've been eyeing up as well are Achilles, Ozy, and Mordred. Mordred in particular I'm interested in because of her survivability and damage. Her low NP gain is something I'm wary of, but Gil's arts support and a decent CE can help with that.
 
Top