Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Mutant Zero is probably Sabretoothe's version of X-23 or something silly like that.

I haven't gotten a chance to read the comics because I'm not home, so use spoiler tags sparingly please =/ (although I really want to be spoiled)
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

LOL. Will do refii. But don't click it until you've read the issue >.>

We-ell, I can't imagine Mutant Zero to be an old character, so she's probably most definitely new. I still can't figure out what power she's been using (granted, I didn't read the issue properly, since I was trying to look for MVP >.>). I have a feeling we won't find out who she is until a few more issues, though :s

Anyone else liking Iron Man?

I might be the only one, but I really am getting into it :D The title's onto a new arc, and I'm slightly dissapointed that there isn't mentions of what happened in WWH but I think it's for the better.

Stark's definitely got way more pressing problems. I really do feel for the guy. XD

Plus, more Maria Hill. <3


And I agree with one of the earlier statements about Fables. It's great to read it all in one go, but once you're caught up, it's just eating up inside you. The wait really is unbearable. But it's worth it once the issue comes out.


Dan Slott had an interview with Newsarama and he revelaed a few stuff about Mutant Zero:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=127995

According to what he said, Mutant Zero is someone we all know, and has been cover worthy, or such. And that, even people who don't normally read comics on a daily basis, will still recognise her.

Now, I had actually believed it would've been Daisy Johnson, that young S.H.I.E.L.D agent, but then I don't think non-readers would even recognise her.

I've read a few posts from there, and there are some who believe it may be Jean Grey, or Wanda.

But seriously, I can't imagine Jean coming back so soon, and Wanda....no. I just can't see her hanging off the ceiling.

Then someone mentioned Blink, and I think that actually would be cool! :nuts GYAH. I'd love it to be her. XD Whichever universe this Blink is, it wouldn't matter, cos she owns :nuts

Any other guesses?


And according to this, Dan Slott is going to be working with Steve McNiven! HIS FIRST INTERIOR WORK AFTER CIVIL WAR. ARGH!

I'm spazzing so badly now :spaz :nuts :pmg

Now, let's hope Steve doesn't slow work down this time, huh? :amuse


Weekly thoughts XD:

So. I'm utterly confused, the interior art is killing my eyes, and no speech bubbles is slightly killing too. But anywho.

I'm confused. And partly annoyed (maaaybe due to that Atlantean romancing Wolvie...that is just...<_>), and...why the hell would Wolverine be dead? Or brain-dead for that matter. (SKRULL?! *le gasp!*)

And when is this issue taking place? >.> I may drop this title if I'm more confused next week. XD

Ah well.

Yes, I am particularly annoyed at Wolverine's new flame. Don't ask why. XD First it was Black Panther with Storm, and now it's this Anlantean. Ah, Lord.

I have to say, the cover is great :D I love the old-style page, and that 'Still Only 199 cents' is brilliant. XD

Anywho, this issue has been previewed for so long, I actually thought it came out ages go. But anywho, not much to say for this issue...

Just that, I don't care if May will die if it means MJ and Petey staying together :( But yeah....

Wheeee! I liked this chapter alot! I've regained a lot of respect for Amadeus, and that's saying soething. I loathed this boy terribly before this.

But yeah. If one were to think this way, I'd say Amadeus Cho is the only person who can truly OWN the Hulk. He's just so brilliantly smart.

Ahahha, I really like the humour here. Hence why I don't think I'll be getting bored of this title any soon :p Machine Man's fucking hilarious, and annoying. Now I really DO believe Maria Hill sent them to anoy Carol.

Cover's slightly misleading. There isn't much of a catfight between those two, really :p

Machine Man's moustache = Best bit. XD

But really, these two new recruits plus Agent Sum are a great trio. XD Just fun to read. XD (His neck snapping off was just HAHA)

Will update this with the rest later.
 
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Amazing Spiderman is now after WWH. Should be obvious from the title I guess. And well Incredible Hulk 110 all point signs into an obvious ending. Unfortunate... I mean even Civil War was able to have a cliff hanger ending.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

You guys makes me jealous... and i should learn to keep myself from clicking on spoilers.... :(
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Maybe Mutant Zero is the girl from Secret War 3 that looks like Angelina Jolie

Also, the timeline confuses me very much; lastly I didn't like one more day =/
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

^That's who I thught it was, but she doesn't suit the description of "She’s a mutant chick who’s been cover-worthy many times... When that mask comes off, there will be a “whoa” among those reading it. People who don’t even follow comics regularly will know who it is."

I was really hoping it'd be her :p I mean, she's just so bloody awesome. XD I liked her waaaaay before I started liking Maria Hill.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Captain America the Chosen issue 1 was... =]

Oh My God! Either this is Captain America before his funeral at some shield base or.... his death was great exaggrated!!! I was the last person to think that Marvel would lie to use but they've done it so many times before I really should know better by now I suppose. Also I am really enjoying this book so far. Reminds me of the early days of Captain America volume 5. When Captain America was its own book and not just a tie-in novel to Civil War and the Initiative.

Point of the spoiler is to go read this comic.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

OMG. Why did I click?!

I'm confused now!

I'm off to get it. XD Will edit this post once I'm done reading.

[edit]

O.M.F.G

Haha. I got misty-eyed.

[edit]

So, like. I'm so confused now. Marvel is so determined to say he's dead. What if he still is, and this is, as you said, probably before his funeral? Or...oh, I don't know.

I'm so confused, o.o But willing to continue reading, of course. :D Story's good so far, and the art's top-notch. I like the feel XD
 
Last edited:

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Interesting week in comics that I have a few comments about...

-Black Adam is just sick...plain awesome

-Ultimate Spiderman took a very interesting turn this week

-How the hell does booster gold get a comic when the martian manhunter never seems to get his own

-Thor...who couldn't he own in Marvel?

-Cyclops is a first class dbag...Madrox is great
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I want to see Thor vs. Hulk ;_; I mean really, who would win in THAT fight. Now that I think about it, I would love to see Thor vs. Sentry just to see Sentry to get skull knocked in.
 

qwan3356

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2006
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
24
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I have to say, I love Thor!!!!!
The way he Pawned Stark was just awesome!!!!
he is my new hero. Stark needed to be b!t$% slapped. lol
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I want to see Thor vs. Hulk ;_; I mean really, who would win in THAT fight. Now that I think about it, I would love to see Thor vs. Sentry just to see Sentry to get skull knocked in.
Agreed.

And I talked to Ichi about this, but I really believe Thor could own Hulk. Or maybe a draw. I don't know why. But Thor would never fight him because...well. I think he respects him alot. XD

Thor vs. Sentry however, the God of Thunder would SO own him. XD I'd like to see Sentry beaten about, and maybe thrown to the sun.

I have to say, I love Thor!!!!!
The way he Pawned Stark was just awesome!!!!
he is my new hero. Stark needed to be b!t$% slapped. lol
Stark: My armour's fried, how am I supposed to get back to base?
Thor: Walk.

Just how awesome was that?!
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Thor beat Hulk a couple of times, but I think Hulk beat Thor once or twice more, but that is 1/2 out of about 12 fights so..

Thor vs Sentry would be interesting, because now Thor is the king of Asgard, and the only remaining God of thunder (Zeus died in the Ares miniseries) so, quite honestly, I think it would be amazing to see Thor's true power come back.
 

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Quick question, how do I spoiler tag stuff? I keep wanting to talk about stuff but I don't want to ruin anything haha...I've been a member for so long and I still have no idea.

Well thats what I get for not posting often...

Anyways I agree that Thor could take down Hulk...especially the current incarnation.

Anybody read X-factor this week? If so who in the world is that guy?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

For spoilers, you put it between spoiler tags:
[spoiler]put your spoiler here[/spoiler]

Josef Huber is a new player in the Marvel Universe, we're gonna have to wait for more to be revealed on The Isolationist.
 
Last edited:

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

^I don't like him very much. Though I prefer him to those two singing twins XD

Isolationist is the next arc, am I right? Or not? :s

wrstljr, you could also do it this way:

[spoiler=Heydo]Weydo[/spoiler]

And it'll turn out like this:

Weydo
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Yep, Isolationist will be the next arc in the life of the X-Factor Investigation. :D
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Where's your avatar from DZ?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

The cover is DZ herself holding a copy of New Avengers #27. Btw, the (two) variant covers for that issue is totally awesome. It's quite rare. :D
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Captain America the Chosen had two awesome variant covers :O
 
Top