Shounen Time Paradox Ghostwriter by Kenji Ichima & Tsunehiro Date

Monox D. I-Fly

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
301
Reaction score
151
Age
36
Country
Indonesia
Reading from Teppei's description in Chapter 1, the main character of White Knight sounds like a flawless person, and almost everyone in the Jump office immediately like it.
 

aoiaoi600

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 23, 2019
Messages
43
Reaction score
40
Country
Australia
(Continuation from https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...on-and-toc-talk.3015155/page-978#post-5286895)

TheEnhancedExe wrote:

That's just a matter of different sensitivities. The USA is incredibly prudish when it comes to sex, but they love films about criminals and most of their videogames consist of the 'good guy' mowing down scores of people without batting an eye.

From what I heard, people in Japan actually have more of a problem with plagiarism than Western readers. (Not sure how representative this is.)
Can't speak on Japan, but I know that plagiarism definitely is not looked favourably upon at all by Western consumers. Especially with the internet and the notion of people stealing "ideas", its a very big thing. Its interesting to see how this manga will handle it because it really is a kinda dodgy thing for the MC to do.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Can't speak on Japan, but I know that plagiarism definitely is not looked favourably upon at all by Western consumers. Especially with the internet and the notion of people stealing "ideas", its a very big thing. Its interesting to see how this manga will handle it because it really is a kinda dodgy thing for the MC to do.
We are in 2020, there are themes worse than plagiarism that were successful.
See Domestic no kanojo for example, you already had a character using drugs just to give you an idea.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If Time paradox is canceled because of this, it will be an injustice for the Japanese.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
We are in 2020, there are themes worse than plagiarism that were successful.
See Domestic no kanojo for example, you already had a character using drugs just to give you an idea.
Using drugs isn't worse than plagiarism. That's just something stupid you do to yourself.

Plagiarism is stealing from somebody else and potentially ruining their career.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Using drugs isn't worse than plagiarism. That's just something stupid you do to yourself.

Plagiarism is stealing from somebody else and potentially ruining their career.
Drugs destroy more lives than plagiarism, not just those who use it.

I won't be rubbing Japanese heads like what you and others are doing.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
Drugs destroy more lives than plagiarism, not just those who use it.

I won't be rubbing Japanese heads like what you and others are doing.
You said 'using drugs', not selling it.

And what do you mean, rubbing Japanese heads? I'm just giving my opinion. I don't even know what the Japanese think about this (do you?).
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
You said 'using drugs', not selling it.

And what do you mean, rubbing Japanese heads? I'm just giving my opinion. I don't even know what the Japanese think about this (do you?).
Dude, this whole discussion started because of what Rain said.
Nobody advocates plagiarism, least of all manga. But it is necessary that this story develops, it is not possible for her to present a theme and leave it aside just because there are people criticizing.
This is what happened with Tokyo shinobi squad who started talking badly about globalization and did not justify it later. Only you can't solve all of this with just 3 chapters.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
Dude, this whole discussion started because of what Rain said.
Nobody advocates plagiarism, least of all manga. But it is necessary that this story develops, it is not possible for her to present a theme and leave it aside just because there are people criticizing.
This is what happened with Tokyo shinobi squad who started talking badly about globalization and did not justify it later. Only you can't solve all of this with just 3 chapters.
No. This whole discussion started WITH what Rain said, not BECAUSE of it. I'm sure people would've been talking about the series even if nobody had mentioned Japan. Because the discussion (most of it) is not about whether Japan likes or dislikes plagiarism, it's about people feeling uncomfortable with a MC who is committing criminal acts while also being portrayed as a good guy, or at least someone we are supposed to sympathise with. And that's something that has nothing to do with the number of chapters. because it's about the way he is being shown NOW.

Just having crimes in your manga isn't a problem (obviously), but if you want people to connect with the story, the way it is portrayed matters. A lot.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
No. This whole discussion started WITH what Rain said, not BECAUSE of it. I'm sure people would've been talking about the series even if nobody had mentioned Japan. Because the discussion (most of it) is not about whether Japan likes or dislikes plagiarism, it's about people feeling uncomfortable with a MC who is committing criminal acts while also being portrayed as a good guy, or at least someone we are supposed to sympathise with. And that's something that has nothing to do with the number of chapters. because it's about the way he is being shown NOW.

Just having crimes in your manga isn't a problem (obviously), but if you want people to connect with the story, the way it is portrayed matters. A lot.
There is nothing that you said. The rain said they didn't like it because of plagiarism.
This question of the protagonist and how we connect with him, is something that we use as a device to run a hand over the heads of the guys.
If it were just because of the protagonist I would not see any problems after all there are many good manga that people don't like the protagonist.
But the real reason is silly, when we see that there are manga that address issues worse than plagiarism and nobody says anything, they accept it calmly.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
There is nothing that you said. The rain said they didn't like it because of plagiarism.
That's what Rain said, yes. But that's not why people here on the forum don't like it.

This question of the protagonist and how we connect with him, is something that we use as a device to run a hand over the heads of the guys.
I have no idea what you are trying to say here (are you using an expression from another language maybe?). 'Run a hand over the heads of the guys'? Do you mean petting them? Pleasing them? Reading their minds? Copying them? Misleading them?

I first thought it meant kissing up to someone, but apparently not? Please try explaining again in different words.

If it were just because of the protagonist I would not see any problems after all there are many good manga that people don't like the protagonist.
Yeah, but those manga usually have something else to offer. Like a good mystery. Or humour. Or interesting side characters.

This series (so far) only has the MC and his internal conflict, so if you're not into that, there's not much left to enjoy.

But the real reason is silly, when we see that there are manga that address issues worse than plagiarism and nobody says anything, they accept it calmly.
Yeah, I'm just going to repeat myself here:

Just having crimes in your manga isn't a problem (obviously), but if you want people to connect with the story, the way it is portrayed matters. A lot.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
That's what Rain said, yes. But that's not why people here on the forum don't like it.
What people on the forum think doesn't interest me. I am criticizing the Japanese.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here (are you using an expression from another language maybe?). 'Run a hand over the heads of the guys'? Do you mean petting them? Pleasing them? Reading their minds? Copying them? Misleading them?

I first thought it meant kissing up to someone, but apparently not? Please try explaining again in different words.
It means to protect, you see that the person is wrong and still protect him.

I think the Japanese are wrong to hate the manga for that reason.

Yeah, but those manga usually have something else to offer. Like a good mystery. Or humour. Or interesting side characters.

This series (so far) only has the MC and his internal conflict, so if you're not into that, there's not much left to enjoy.


Yeah, I'm just going to repeat myself here:

Just having crimes in your manga isn't a problem (obviously), but if you want people to connect with the story, the way it is portrayed matters. A lot.
The manga presented a good story, excellent art and good characters (even if you criticize the protagonist, the characters that surround him are good).

It's a story where the protagonist makes a mistake and then he pays for it, if you don't like it and want an immediate resolution just to have a reason to want to like the protagonist, it won't do.
 

Monox D. I-Fly

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
301
Reaction score
151
Age
36
Country
Indonesia
This series (so far) only has the MC and his internal conflict, so if you're not into that, there's not much left to enjoy.
I'm not even interested in that, I just want to see the main character gets caught with plagiarism and the original author isn't okay with that (I'm really, really disappointed by the lame justification she gave him during the third chapter).
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I'm not even interested in that, I just want to see the main character gets caught with plagiarism and the original author isn't okay with that (I'm really, really disappointed by the lame justification she gave him during the third chapter).
Look, no normal person would believe a time machine story. Her justification was at least plausible.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ch. 06 RAW.

 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I love Aino and Genki's early rivalry. Though I think the whole "having to re-draw" it several times part was unnecessary but awesome, series so far nonetheless.
 

Davisgn2

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 5, 2020
Messages
15
Reaction score
28
Age
23
Country
Brazil
I will only read chapter 6 when launching in manga plus, but was I the only one who found these last 2 chapters extremely forced and weak? I really felt that the author is trying very hard to make the Japanese even more empathetic towards the protagonist, but he is making a mistake, and a lot of the way he conducts it. Honestly, instead of being empathetic, it is destroying all the empathy built in the first chapters. That's not how a character develops.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I will only read chapter 6 when launching in manga plus, but was I the only one who found these last 2 chapters extremely forced and weak? I really felt that the author is trying very hard to make the Japanese even more empathetic towards the protagonist, but he is making a mistake, and a lot of the way he conducts it. Honestly, instead of being empathetic, it is destroying all the empathy built in the first chapters. That's not how a character develops.
Man, I didn't see any of that, since Rain came up with this story that the Japanese are hating the manga because of the plagiarism theme, people came up giving opinions on how the protagonist should behave and because of that they started to dislike of the work.
If the author is doing what you are suggesting, I do not blame him, anyone in his place would do just that if the criticisms are really true.
The story remains good for me and the characters continue to perform well. If it is canceled it will be another injustice for the Japanese and the jump.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Stakes were raised, stakes were raid.

I hope Teppei stays successful, dont want to see him and Genki and the others go separate ways
 

Davisgn2

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 5, 2020
Messages
15
Reaction score
28
Age
23
Country
Brazil
Man, I didn't see any of that, since Rain came up with this story that the Japanese are hating the manga because of the plagiarism theme, people came up giving opinions on how the protagonist should behave and because of that they started to dislike of the work.
If the author is doing what you are suggesting, I do not blame him, anyone in his place would do just that if the criticisms are really true.
The story remains good for me and the characters continue to perform well. If it is canceled it will be another injustice for the Japanese and the jump.
I don't really blame him for trying to do this, but the way it's going on I think it's forced.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
It means to protect, you see that the person is wrong and still protect him.

I think the Japanese are wrong to hate the manga for that reason.
Thanks for the explanation. (In my language, we say "to hold the hand above someone's head." I couldn't find a similar expression in English.)

And in that case, I agree. If they hate the manga ONLY because it has plagiarism in it, that's a very stupid reason.
But if they hate it because they don't like how the plagiarist is being treated as a hero, that's a matter of taste to me.

It's a story where the protagonist makes a mistake and then he pays for it, if you don't like it and want an immediate resolution just to have a reason to want to like the protagonist, it won't do.
Well, they certainly jumped to the resolution in this newest chapter. I didn't expect this to happen until, like, halfway the story.
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,262
Reaction score
1,968
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It almost feels like the previous 5 chapters were a prologue to this one that REALLY kicks in the plot. I just hope it's not too late. I like the art of it too much.
 
Top